Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-13-2013, 03:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2594
Default Jungle Rock Mock

These picks are based on the current CBSSports.com prospect rankings. A lot of guys will see their stock go up or down between now and the draft but that is the basis for each of these being selected when they are in this mock

1st Round - Kenny Vaccaro - Adding Vaccaro would give us one of the best secondary's in the NFL to go with Nelson, Hall, Kirkpatrick, Jones, and company. Eric Reid is another possibility here, along with trading down a few spots and adding an extra pick.

2nd Round - Giovani Bernard - Definitely the type of change of pace RB we need for our offense. I have went back and forth on whether or not we might have to use our 1st rounder (even trade back a little) on the guy but as of now it seems he may be available with the early 2nd rounder. Also could consider Eddie Lacy or a DE like Okafor, Ansah, or Jordan.

2nd Round - Khaseem Greene - One of the best OLB prospects available. A player that I could see improving his stock between now and the draft to a late 1st and early 2nd round guy. If he is available at this point though he would fill a position of need and help stabilize a position of weakness going into the off-season. Arthur Brown is another guy to look at in this spot.

3rd Round - William Gholston - Another big DE for depth. Had a bit of a down year this season but has the size and potential that we look for during this round. Could even slide down as a pass rushing DT on 3rd downs. Any other quality DE that may slide down between now and the draft could also be potential picks here.

4th Round - Rick Wagner - Another Wisconsin Offensive Lineman and why not? Zeitler had a great rookie season and Wisconsin has produced a ton of talented guys from their lines. Would come in as a back-up Tackle initially assuming that Smith is re-signed or franchised. Would add depth at the Tackle position and would be a huge upgrade to use on our unbalanced line formation over one of my least favorite Bengals ever in Dennis Roland.

5th Round - Leon McFadden - A player I fully expect to move up a couple of rounds between now and the draft. Would add CB competition to whoever we have back next season. With Clements, Jones, and Newman all being free agents it will be interesting to see who is brought back or who else is added before the draft. Either way getting another guy to compete at the spot during this round will be good value. Other names available at this spot could be Micah Hyde, Johnny Adams, and Sanders Commings.

6th Round - Marcus Davis - Good size WR to compete for potential 5th or 6th WR on the roster. I think it would benefit Dalton to bring in another possible weapon that is a big target. Rodney Smith is another guy that could be around still with great size to compete at WR.

6th Round - Michael Mauti - A solid player that would more than likely make the team as a special teams contributor right away. A hard working guy that seems to ooze good character. Perfect guy to add LB depth and as mentioned play special teams.

Last edited by JungleRock85; 01-14-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Default Re: Jungle Rock Mock

Everyone must just agree that this is a fantastic mock draft. Thank you all very much.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1802

I wouldn't hate it. I think I would like to go another direction in round 1 and pick up Swearinger later though.
I like Leon McFadden and Marcus Davis as prospects a lot. My Mock reflects that!

I'd like to grab a Center early too.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
These picks are based on the current CBSSports.com prospect rankings. A lot of guys will see their stock go up or down between now and the draft but that is the basis for each of these being selected when they are in this mock

1st Round - Kenny Vaccaro - Adding Vaccaro would give us one of the best secondary's in the NFL to go with Nelson, Hall, Kirkpatrick, Jones, and company. Eric Reid is another possibility here, along with trading down a few spots and adding an extra pick.

2nd Round - Giovani Bernard - Definitely the type of change of pace RB we need for our offense. I have went back and forth on whether or not we might have to use our 1st rounder (even trade back a little) on the guy but as of now it seems he may be available with the early 2nd rounder. Also could consider Eddie Lacy or a DE like Okafor, Ansah, or Jordan.

2nd Round - Khaseem Greene - One of the best OLB prospects available. A player that I could see improving his stock between now and the draft to a late 1st and early 2nd round guy. If he is available at this point though he would fill a position of need and help stabilize a position of weakness going into the off-season. Arthur Brown is another guy to look at in this spot.

3rd Round - William Gholston - Another big DE for depth. Had a bit of a down year this season but has the size and potential that we look for during this round. Could even slide down as a pass rushing DT on 3rd downs. Any other quality DE that may slide down between now and the draft could also be potential picks here.

4th Round - Rick Wagner - Another Wisconsin Offensive Lineman and why not? Zeitler had a great rookie season and Wisconsin has produced a ton of talented guys from their lines. Would come in as a back-up Tackle initially assuming that Smith is re-signed or franchised. Would add depth at the Tackle position and would be a huge upgrade to use on our unbalanced line formation over one of my least favorite Bengals ever in Dennis Roland.

5th Round - Leon McFadden - A player I fully expect to move up a couple of rounds between now and the draft. Would add CB competition to whoever we have back next season. With Clements, Jones, and Newman all being free agents it will be interesting to see who is brought back or who else is added before the draft. Either way getting another guy to compete at the spot during this round will be good value. Other names available at this spot could be Micah Hyde, Johnny Adams, and Sanders Commings.

6th Round - Marcus Davis - Good size WR to compete for potential 5th or 6th WR on the roster. I think it would benefit Dalton to bring in another possible weapon that is a big target. Rodney Smith is another guy that could be around still with great size to compete at WR.

6th Round - Michael Mauti - A solid player that would more than likely make the team as a special teams contributor right away. A hard working guy that seems to ooze good character. Perfect guy to add LB depth and as mentioned play special teams.

Need a Center WAY EARLY, i like some of the picks but your mock is kinda bland.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

I'd be happy. Greene is one of my favorite players in the draft. Not crazy about Vacarro and Bernard but they are highly regarded and fill huge needs. I think those wanting a center are going to be dissapointed. I believe the Bengals are comfortable with Cook and Robinson.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1802

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
I'd be happy. Greene is one of my favorite players in the draft. Not crazy about Vacarro and Bernard but they are highly regarded and fill huge needs. I think those wanting a center are going to be disappointed. I believe the Bengals are comfortable with Cook and Robinson.
Yeah I agree. Which is a little frustrating. I think that is one position we can upgrade significantly with someone like Barret Jones. C and RB would make me very happy.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 589

we have burfict at WILL and should bring back howard if we move Burfict to MIKE like many want, so a SAM backer is the glaring hole left and Greene does not fill that hole. If we leave Burfict at WILL then there is also no need for Greene (although i do love him). other than that it's decent
Old 01-14-2013, 03:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30146

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Need a Center WAY EARLY, i like some of the picks but your mock is kinda bland.
Prepare to be disappointed come April. It's not going to happen.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1569

Adding a rookie safety would give us the best secondary in the NFL?!?!

Maybe top 10, MAYBE.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:36 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
I hear you mention that quite often in your comments on various mocks. I'm not saying your wrong and I think you base that on our current roster. I just dont see how you can base that on performance on the field especially with K.Cook. I like Robinson but they didnt think highly enough to let him play when the starter returned even though he played well.
I just don't know how your 100% sure they dont take a center at some point draft weekend.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post

I'm so glad you think you know it all !!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyLeisure View Post
Adding a rookie safety would give us the best secondary in the NFL?!?!

Maybe top 10, MAYBE.
Didn't say the absolute best I said one of the best. I really do think they would be one of the best with a guy like Vaccaro that can play both the run and pass so well. I love Reggie Nelson because he does it all and having another Safety with those abilities would be very beneficial for guarding slot WR's and Tight Ends or Running Backs. Leon Hall will be a year removed from injury and he seemed to get better and better throughout the year. I didn't want Terrance Newman and thought he was done but the guy played well last year and is solid depth. Pacman should be back and he played really well. Obviously the guy that will make the most difference on just how good they will be is Kirkpatrick next year. He has to stay healthy because he would be a huge piece to our secondary if he is.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boywonder View Post
I hear you mention that quite often in your comments on various mocks. I'm not saying your wrong and I think you base that on our current roster. I just dont see how you can base that on performance on the field especially with K.Cook. I like Robinson but they didnt think highly enough to let him play when the starter returned even though he played well.
I just don't know how your 100% sure they dont take a center at some point draft weekend.
Because I do know they like Cook and Robinson. They just signed Cook to an extension. And when he came back he played despite how much better the line was playing with Robinson. I think they believe in Cook, and, especially after extending him it will take at least 1 or 2 bad years before they consider replacing him.

I also know how this team operates. They liked Nate Livings. Despite how bad he played for so many years, they did not replace him until he left as a free agent.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.

Last edited by Jasonew6; 01-16-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
I'd be happy. Greene is one of my favorite players in the draft. Not crazy about Vacarro and Bernard but they are highly regarded and fill huge needs. I think those wanting a center are going to be dissapointed. I believe the Bengals are comfortable with Cook and Robinson.

They are and should be, Center is NOT a need at all in this draft. MLB/OLB, RB, S are our first needs.

I'd like to Fix safety in Free agency. Byrd from the bills is my favorite. I'd give him a good contract and worry about LB and RB early. I wouldn't be opposed to Ogletree and Greene being drafted.