Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-15-2013, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3192
Default Dmac's first mock!

1.a Kenny Vaccaro S- Playmaker, best saftey this year by far. Neslon and Vaccaro would shut down QB's anywere.

2. Alec Ogletree, LB- Huge upgrade and would establish a tough Lb core

2.b Giovani Bernard RB- My favorite pick by far. This kid is a playmaker and when is the last time we had a RB that could catch as good as this kid. Way above Lacy if you ask me.

3. Barrett Jones, C/G/T- No need to say much, smart and can play anywere on the line. Instant upgrage to the center position.

4. Chris Harper, WR- Size and speed would be a nice wait to see pick. This kid could really come out as a big time playmaker.

5. Micheal Williams TE- Great blocking and catching, would push Gresham to play better.

6.Tyrann Mathieu CB- If he is still there there is no way in hell i could pass up on him. PLAYMAKER all around, strips the ball like a pro. Ball hawk and great instincts, can return kicks way better than tate.

Last edited by Dmac18; 02-28-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2439
Default Re: Dmac's first mock!

I love your draft. Only problem is I think a lot of NFL teams will love the top four guys as much as I do. We might be lucky to get 2 out of the 4 because I think all four guys have the talent and potential that could see them all as mid to late 1st rounders. I don't see any way at all that Barrett Jones is a 3rd rounder or Bernard is a late 2nd rounder. The Harper kid does have a lot of upside as well.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
I love your draft. Only problem is I think a lot of NFL teams will love the top four guys as much as I do. We might be lucky to get 2 out of the 4 because I think all four guys have the talent and potential that could see them all as mid to late 1st rounders. I don't see any way at all that Barrett Jones is a 3rd rounder or Bernard is a late 2nd rounder. The Harper kid does have a lot of upside as well.
Yeah i can see that. I have been looking at a lot of mock drafts " I mean a lot..lol" and I have seen these 4 available at the times I picked them. Jones is looked at more as just a center and not many teams are looking to use picks to better centers this year. That's good for us. Bernard i would almost trade around 2.a and 2.b but I really want a shut down Saftey...lol. I think he will be there though.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
Yeah i can see that. I have been looking at a lot of mock drafts " I mean a lot..lol" and I have seen these 4 available at the times I picked them. Jones is looked at more as just a center and not many teams are looking to use picks to better centers this year. That's good for us. Bernard i would almost trade around 2.a and 2.b but I really want a shut down Saftey...lol. I think he will be there though.
I really hope Bernard lasts til either of the picks in the 2nd round. The guy would add a huge dimension to this offense. As you mentioned he is a heck of a receiver out of the backfield. Home-run threat that we haven't had as well as being a lot better returner than Brandon Tate.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
I really hope Bernard lasts til either of the picks in the 2nd round. The guy would add a huge dimension to this offense. As you mentioned he is a heck of a receiver out of the backfield. Home-run threat that we haven't had as well as being a lot better returner than Brandon Tate.
I know I really want us to draft him he is my favorite RB this year. I can't explain why he just has the IT factor.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:10 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29560

There is ZERO chance Jones makes it to 3. He may be gone before we pick in 1. Bernard might make it to 37, I will be shocked if he lasts to 53.

And we won't use a draft pick on Mathieu.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
There is ZERO chance Jones makes it to 3. He may be gone before we pick in 1. Bernard might make it to 37, I will be shocked if he lasts to 53.

And we won't use a draft pick on Mathieu.
There always a chance, I think he will slide i really do.

What have we gotten out of 6th round picks that you wouldn't take a chance?

Mathieu>Boom Herron just saying.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:30 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:

Their are PLENTY of Returners this year late that don't have his troubled history.... NO thanks
Old 01-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Their are PLENTY of Returners this year late that don't have his troubled history.... NO thanks
I'm not thinking of the returning ability i'm thinking of the playmaking ability. Stripped balls, ball hawking and sticking people.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I'm not thinking of the returning ability i'm thinking of the playmaking ability. Stripped balls, ball hawking and sticking people.
Still much better options, he won't draft him.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Still much better options, he won't draft him.
In the 6th? who that could match his skills.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

I wouldn't have any problem taking the guy in the 6th round if he checks out with the coaches. The guy is a phenomenal player and although Burfict wasn't drafted last year, it is comparable because they both are guys with major concerns leading up to the draft that have a ton of talent. Both guys could have been first rounders based on talent. We have two 6th round picks this year so if he is still available at that point then why not? I understand how people do not want to go back to the days with all of the trouble but I think the coaches like Marvin and more specifically Zimmer know exactly how to handle these types of players and mentor them to be better players and more importantly better people off the field. We have the locker room leaders and character on this team to handle these type of guys now.

Last edited by JungleRock85; 01-15-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 30

Quote:

Someone tell the bartender to cut Dmac off. Barrett Jones won't be there and there isn't anybody that will tell you that or mock him there. We don't need Mathieu at ALL! Why would you want anyone that blocks for Eddie Lacy anyway since you hate him so much.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:12 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
In the 6th? who that could match his skills.
Dude his skills are not what you think they are, dude was hyped up so much because of where he played college ball. He's trouble and we don't need it.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftdruggie View Post
Someone tell the bartender to cut Dmac off. Barrett Jones won't be there and there isn't anybody that will tell you that or mock him there. We don't need Mathieu at ALL! Why would you want anyone that blocks for Eddie Lacy anyway since you hate him so much.
I stated Lacy looked good BECAUSE of a good Oline and Jones is there best guy. Your statement makes not sense and is close to the dumbest response i have heard from someone in a long time. It makes no sense.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 86

Thats reeeeally late on Jones. Isn't he a 1-2.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boywonder View Post
Thats reeeeally late on Jones. Isn't he a 1-2.
Yeah but i havn't seen him on many mock it a reach i know but i really think he will slide.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

In January, this is a pipedream. In April, who knows, if this happens, I wouldn't even care about Matheiu, Arguably the best draft possible.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 01-16-2013, 05:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29560

Quote:

It seems to me the Bengals have learned their lesson about drafting knuckleheads.

A player does you no good if he is suspended or gets his teammates in legal trouble.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 487

Quote:
I stated Lacy looked good BECAUSE of a good Oline and Jones is there best guy. Your statement makes not sense and is close to the dumbest response i have heard from someone in a long time. It makes no sense.
Chance Warmack is their best guy and I would look good playing next to him. Jones is a good versatile player but his versatility gets him drafted earlier than other true centers (aka he wont be there in late 2 let alone 3). One guy no one is talking about is Khaled Holmes out of USC. For a long time he has been rated higher than Jones or Fredricks and he might be available there as an edit.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13513

Quote:
1. Alec Ogletree, LB- Huge upgrade and would establish a tough Lb core

2.a Kenny Vaccaro S- Playmaker, best saftey this year by far. Neslon and Vaccaro would shut down QB's anywere.

2.b Giovani Bernard RB- My favorite pick by far. This kid is a playmaker and when is the last time we had a RB that could catch as good as this kid. Way above Lacy if you ask me.

3. Barrett Jones, C/G/T- No need to say much, smart and can play anywere on the line. Instant upgrage to the center position.

4. Chris Harper, WR- Size and speed would be a nice wait to see pick. This kid could really come out as a big time playmaker.

5. Micheal Williams TE- Great blocking and catching, would push Gresham to play better.

6.Tyrann Mathieu CB- If he is still there there is no way in hell i could pass up on him. PLAYMAKER all around, strips the ball like a pro. Ball hawk and great instincts, can return kicks way better than tate.
If Jones is there is 3 you **** your pants and run for the podium.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:46 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519

Would definitely be awesome if it went down like that; the only pick I see being unrealistic is Jones falling to the latter part of 3.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:33 PM
Veteran Member

Bump.

I will just keep this mock just flip Ogletree and Vaccaro.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Dude his skills are not what you think they are, dude was hyped up so much because of where he played college ball. He's trouble and we don't need it.
Oh I see smoking a little weed is like hes on Americas most wanted. Why don't you stop talking about him as if he murdered someone. If it was up to you anyone who had an arrest for smoking weed wouldn't even be able to find a job. It's weed for the love of God so stop with the we won't draft him or need him bs. He can play football and hasn't done anything major to warrant no team drafting him or the Bengals drafting him.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Bump.

I will just keep this mock just flip Ogletree and Vaccaro.
You can go in and edit it to reflect that change if you want. I liked it in January and I still like it. Jones won't fall though and Matheui may not be around in 6 anymore either. Could probably put a really good Corner in place of Jones in the 3rd and a different player in 6 to make it reflect. Would be an ideal scenario though to land Vaccaro, Ogletree, and Bernard all 3.