Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:41 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
bengals Mockinataredlight 13'

RD1 Alec Ogletree LB Georgia









RD2 Eric Reid S LSU









2B Montee Ball RB Wisconsin









RD3 Aaron Dobson WR Marshall










RD4 Jamar Taylor CB Boise State










RD5 Kenjon Barner RB Oregon











Comp Pick : David Bass Western Missouri State








6A. Micheal Williams TE Bama








6B Ace Sanders PR/KR/WR SC




UDFA

Willie Jefferson SAM Stephen F Austin

Last edited by BBlesmiley; 02-09-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:56 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
RD1 Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame


Maybe we can be the beneficiaries of an off night. Trade up if you have to Marvin or
Baltimore will.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=DJfkFuJDPd4




RD2 Eddie Lacy RB Bama





2B Justin Hunter WR Tenn






RD3 Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma

Vs Highlight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyd58...yer_detailpage




RD4 John Simon DE OSU








RD 5 Leon McFadden CB San Diego State

He has all the tools but his 40 time will be crucial.





6A Micheal Mauti LB Penn State

Vs Illinois 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=71BWyDD6Jk8




6B Isi Sofele RB/KR CAL

Vs Oregon State
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JaKYDhwSPgU

Simon is a 2nd rd grade right now and they have him listed as an OLB. Hodges may work there better.

Mauti can't seem to stay healthy. I'd prefer someone who has a chance to stay on the field. Possibly Brandon Sharpe OLB Syracuse 6'1 253 and runs 4.5's

Other than that not too bad.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:47 AM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Simon is a 2nd rd grade right now and they have him listed as an OLB. Hodges may work there better.

Mauti can't seem to stay healthy. I'd prefer someone who has a chance to stay on the field. Possibly Brandon Sharpe OLB Syracuse 6'1 253 and runs 4.5's

Other than that not too bad.
Good chance of Simon falling as far as the 4th. I'm one that thinks he can hold the edge even at 6'2. He has proven it against nfl caliber tackles.
Mauti isnt a bad pick in the 6th. Please dont qoute on my mocks just post a reply because I change them sometimes Pulses

Last edited by BBlesmiley; 01-10-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-10-2013, 01:03 AM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Rep Points: 360
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

manti got picked on big time the other day against nfl talent...reminded me alot of mauluaga...and it scared me...no thanks.

love lacy. love the pic.

I love sanu and i love marvin jones..i think we need to address Wr whether it be draft or FA but i dont think we need to do it in the 2nd. Marquess Wilson from WSU would be a sweet steal late.

Love jefferson, but i think there is better value at this pick for us at DE and in the 4th we go safety with someone like Swearinger, but i wouldnt be mad at this pic.

JOhn simon is outa position here and i think if u think he is gonna drop then why would we want him in the first place. go T.Carradine or M.Goodman, in the 3rd and Swearinger in the 4th.

i like leon mcfadden so good pick here...i think he could be a solid contributor some day...high ceiling.

No thanks on the injury prone mauti. i hear if u get him on the field tho hes good. theres other healthy better backers here.

Rather have kerwynn williams... saw alot of isi, not a fan. not impressed. the wind could register a tackle on him.

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 01-10-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 AM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
manti got picked on big time the other day against nfl talent...reminded me alot of mauluaga...and it scared me...no thanks.

love lacy. love the pic.

I love sanu and i love marvin jones..i think we need to address Wr whether it be draft or FA but i dont think we need to do it in the 2nd. Marquess Wilson from WSU would be a sweet steal late.

Love jefferson, but i think there is better value at this pick for us at DE and in the 4th we go safety with someone like Swearinger, but i wouldnt be mad at this pic.

JOhn simon is outa position here and i think if u think he is gonna drop then why would we want him in the first place. go T.Carradine or M.Goodman, in the 3rd and Swearinger in the 4th.

i like leon mcfadden so good pick here...i think he could be a solid contributor some day...high ceiling.

No thanks on the injury prone mauti. i hear if u get him on the field tho hes good. theres other healthy better backers here.

Rather have kerwynn williams... saw alot of isi, not a fan. not impressed. the wind could register a tackle on him.
If you can take Simon in the 4th then you do it. Hes a guy you just want on your team however you can get him on the field. Sofele would be dynamite as a kick returner or gadget plays. I also like John White iv late.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-14-2013, 03:32 PM
50yarder 50yarder is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 117
Rep Points: 105
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

I'll take mock #1. Zero % chance of a DT in the 1st.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-14-2013, 04:12 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Rep Points: 360
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
If you can take Simon in the 4th then you do it. Hes a guy you just want on your team however you can get him on the field. Sofele would be dynamite as a kick returner or gadget plays. I also like John White iv late.
Disagree and you will see the bengals do so as well in april. like the rest of it tho. Teams would be high tho if they let sam montgomery last to the 2nd.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2013, 04:49 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Disagree and you will see the bengals do so as well in april. like the rest of it tho. Teams would be high tho if they let sam montgomery last to the 2nd.
It will be interesting to watch Simon play LB in the senior bowl and I'm curious how he will look coming downhill and dropping off. There have been some rumblings surfacing about Montgomery's work ethic some of the same things that were tied to Dunlap.Fairly or not. He goes hard on the field from what I've seen but its a long way away from draft day. Plus he's had some knee problems in the past. If he falls it wouldn't be further than Courtney Upshaw did last year.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,542
Rep Points: 6419
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

I don't see any way that we would take a DT at all after drafting Thompson and Still and having Peko and Geno under contract.

I also don't think it makes any sense to draft D-line when it is the strongest part of this team. I don't even know where the first 2 picks would even fit in.

The rest of the first draft is pretty nice (Frederick, Hunter, Rambo)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Draftdruggie Draftdruggie is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 100
Rep Points: 30
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Thats alot of defense but that would be top 5 ranking.
Like the Dysert pick. Rather a speed back.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:29 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftdruggie View Post
Thats alot of defense but that would be top 5 ranking.
Like the Dysert pick. Rather a speed back.
The idea of finally getting a good young backup QB is one that I'm all for. I dont like our chances if Andy gets hurt. There will be good talent in the middle rounds if we want to grab one.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-15-2013, 04:36 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
The idea of finally getting a good young backup QB is one that I'm all for. I dont like our chances if Andy gets hurt. There will be good talent in the middle rounds if we want to grab one.
I'm really liking Matt Scott QB Arizona 6'2 198 4.68 speed and can make all the throws. He'd be a nice pickup to develop.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-15-2013, 04:50 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
I'm really liking Matt Scott QB Arizona 6'2 198 4.68 speed and can make all the throws. He'd be a nice pickup to develop.
This class is really littered w/middle round gems and Scott does come to mind along with Colby Cameron.

Last edited by BBlesmiley; 01-15-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Boywonder Boywonder is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 103
Rep Points: 86
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Both drafts would be good but without the quarterback and Micheal Mauti. Might be far too injury prone for us.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boywonder View Post
Both drafts would be good but without the quarterback and Micheal Mauti. Might be far too injury prone for us.
I agree he does have an extensive injury list but from what I've read he should be ready to workout for teams. He brings everything you would want in a LB and especially smarts and instincs. If we can get him that late and he clears the doctors then I hope we give him a shot.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
This class is really littered w/middle round gems and Scott does come to mind along with Colby Cameron.
Yes I like Cameron as well.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 AM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Yes I like Cameron as well.
His numbers are sick. Had he played at a bigger school he would have been in the heisman conversation.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-18-2013, 07:56 AM
Draftdruggie Draftdruggie is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 100
Rep Points: 30
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

I like this draft but the jurys still out on Montee Ball. I still can't believe he is a second rounder at this point. All the sites have him in the second.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Boywonder Boywonder is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 103
Rep Points: 86
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

If we drafted Maysonet I would be a very happy man. A true sleeper gem that will be a monster. Great pick!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-18-2013, 10:04 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boywonder View Post
If we drafted Maysonet I would be a very happy man. A true sleeper gem that will be a monster. Great pick!
I like him along with Mike James out of Miami and I believe they will be better NFL players than many think. They both do alot of things well.

Last edited by BBlesmiley; 01-18-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-20-2013, 12:52 AM
50yarder 50yarder is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 117
Rep Points: 105
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Gotta give it to you on this one its very balanced.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:04 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boywonder View Post
If we drafted Maysonet I would be a very happy man. A true sleeper gem that will be a monster. Great pick!
I've been following him for awhile and I really like the way he totes the rock. He has a great overall story and it wouldn't suprise me one bit if he did great things at the next level. I was hoping that he got the call for the senior bowl when M.Ball dropped out but they chose Robbie Rouse instead.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Primetime100 Primetime100 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 56
Rep Points: 78
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Thats a good find on Hamilton he was awesome at Georgia before he transferred. I thought he was just as good as Rambo or Williams.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,355
Rep Points: 19720
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

How long was that red light?
__________________
www.musicsite.biz/leftyohio

singersongwriterrocknroll
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:22 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
How long was that red light?
Since the Bengals won a playoff game.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.