Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 767
Default Is there a back in this year draft that is close to Adrian Peterson?

Is there a back in this year draft that is close to Adrian Peterson? If so the Bengals need to grab that guy.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1014
Default Re: Is there a back in this year draft that is close to Adrian Peterson?

There hasn't been a RB to come out since Peterson that has been up to his talent level! And there is no one this year that is even close!!

Trent Richardson was the closest one to his talent, but Peterson was still on a completely different level.

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1648
Default Re: Is there a back in this year draft that is close to Adrian Peterson?

Lacy is probably the best back, but he is not AP.
I think he will be good though. I actually think he could be better than Trent Richardson. Especially considering Trent's knees.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:45 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37682

AP is 6’1”, 217 pounds, with legitimate mid 4.4 speed. So he is a tall RB that is both a power rusher and a speed rusher. IMO there are 3 RBs in this year’s draft that can match/come close to AP’s size/speed combination. Unfortunately 2 of them come with huge injury concerns (Christine Michael/Knile Davis). The only eligible RB that comes close to AP’s blend without injury concern is Cierre Wood.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 360

Christine michael. He even looks like em when he runs....but i doubt he will be an AP in the league. Could tho. if he stays healthy
Old 01-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 164

J. Randle is really, really close to AP. If Randle can add muscle and not lose his speed he'll run like AP. But it's impossible to know if a RB out of college will be one of the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. I think you can compare body types, style, and function, but not GREATNESS.

Check out:

1. Gillislee - he and Randle with the "law firm" is my dream team for the bengals. SCARY
2. Bernard
3. Dennis Johnson
4. Dyer? is this kid even playing
5. jawan jamison
Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

AP has a size/speed/power combination that I haven't seen yet. There won't be another Adrian Peterson.

Knile Davis is the closest to him as far as athleticism goes, but he's not nearly as talented.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10260

Not even close. This isn't a great RB class either.

Trent Richardson was the closest to his level. No, he didn't have great stats, but you could tell that he has talent. He will be a very talented back for years to come.

This year? No. No one is close.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3061

There is nobody close to AP in this draft class and probably not next year either.

"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Old 01-15-2013, 05:51 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
There hasn't been a RB to come out since Peterson that has been up to his talent level!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
AP has a size/speed/power combination that I haven't seen yet. There won't be another Adrian Peterson.
Run DMC
Old 01-15-2013, 06:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Run DMC
Arian Foster has a lot of the same traits as well. Powerful runner, but can definitely run away from most defenders too.

Anyway, no, there's nobody in this draft class that can compare to AP when he came out.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13223

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
Is there a back in this year draft that is close to Adrian Peterson? If so the Bengals need to grab that guy.
Do you mean like a 3rd cousin or something? This years class as far as talent goes is not that great, or they are injured.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 86

Miguel Maysonet
Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5624

I would keep an eye on this guy:

Damien Williams RB Oklahoma 6"0' 208. Projected 40: 4.45
He's a JuCo Transfer so he'll be a Senior this next year.
He got 946 yards, and averaged 5.4 yards per attempt and busted a 95 yard td run against Texas.

Unfortunately, Oklahoma is doing a RBBC with Williams and Brennan Clay 5"11' 204.
He had 93 atts for 555 yards for a 5.9 yard per attempt. Clay doesn't have the speed though. They will both be Seniors so it will be another year of RBBC there.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29222

Quote:
Not remotely.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boywonder View Post
Miguel Maysonet

Have to say kid looked good on film even doing the Jerome Simpson flip into end zone.

They say he is shorter than listed maybe 5' 8" 210lbs, looks to have speed. A little bowling ball type like MJD or maybe Ray Rice.

Nice sleeper.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21476

Quote:
No there is not ....however Petersons do not come around very often. That is what makes him special. There are backs that could really help this team. I like Joseph Randle and Mike Gillislee.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4697

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
No there is not ....however Petersons do not come around very often. That is what makes him special. There are backs that could really help this team. I like Joseph Randle and Mike Gillislee.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:49 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
I like Gillislee, don't know if he could hold up carrying the load for real long though. Would pair well with BJGE.

Go back and watch some of Gillislee's highlights and keep an eye on his left tackle #73 Nixson 6-5 314. Projected in the 4th right know. He would be a good guy to bring in and sit behind Whit for a couple of years. Nasty run blocker and seems to pull real well.

I saw Randle play live twice and he seemed like a WR playing RB. He has had a lot of catches in college and has had over 1000 yards the last two seasons on the ground. However he doesn't have very high YPR or YPC. Not a big fan but that's just my opinion.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

If we draft an OT in the 4th I like Wagner or Winters. Nixon just can't seem to stay healthy.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:16 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1738

Awesome thread.

But the better question is...

Is there a quarterback in this year's draft that is close to Tom Brady and can be grabbed in the 6th?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:28 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21476
bengals Re: Is there a back in this year draft that is close to Adrian Peterson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
I like Gillislee, don't know if he could hold up carrying the load for real long though. Would pair well with BJGE.

Go back and watch some of Gillislee's highlights and keep an eye on his left tackle #73 Nixson 6-5 314. Projected in the 4th right know. He would be a good guy to bring in and sit behind Whit for a couple of years. Nasty run blocker and seems to pull real well.

I saw Randle play live twice and he seemed like a WR playing RB. He has had a lot of catches in college and has had over 1000 yards the last two seasons on the ground. However he doesn't have very high YPR or YPC. Not a big fan but that's just my opinion.
What I like about both of these guys is they can pick up a blitz.

As far as carrying the load ....I don't think we need a 30 carry a game guy. I believe Gillislee as our feature could no doubt handle 15-20 carries a games with Ellis adding another 10 or so carries. Gillislee is a solidly built runner that has great vision and burst and he will win most foot races.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:53 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Quote:
Peterson is one of the greatest backs we'll ever see.. So, no.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:12 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7626

If there were such a back, we wouldn't be in position to draft him, if there were anyone remotely close to Peterson, he'd be a lock to go top 10.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 1499

Quote:
Yeah. His name is Darren McFadden, + he's probably available right this second for just one of our 2nd rounders. The 25 yr old stud would make a perfect 1+2 punch w/ Green Ellis.