Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
I like Grudens mentality. He is just as agressive on the sidelines as Zimmer...I think Dalton needs to be protected more...Let Micheal Johnson go (inconsistent)....& sign Cliff Avril....Let Andre Smith walk because he can easily get beat by a fast DE that will run around him..so ..i think we should draft OT Oday Aboughi...2 big contracts Mike Brown can get out of paying...while picking up Avril.
Holy moly
Old 01-17-2013, 06:25 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812
Default Re: ESPN insider thinks Jay Gruden will be Arizona Cardinals new head coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
I like Grudens mentality. He is just as agressive on the sidelines as Zimmer...I think Dalton needs to be protected more...Let Micheal Johnson go (inconsistent)....& sign Cliff Avril....Let Andre Smith walk because he can easily get beat by a fast DE that will run around him..so ..i think we should draft OT Oday Aboughi...2 big contracts Mike Brown can get out of paying...while picking up Avril.
Get rid of MJ, and sign Avril? Avril has less tackles and sacks than MJ while not being as good in the run game. Plus the reason Avril has yet to be signed to a long term deal in Detroit is he wants huge money, Jared Allen type money.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-17-2013, 07:09 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 395
Default Re: ESPN insider thinks Jay Gruden will be Arizona Cardinals new head coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
If he goes anywhere else and sets the world on fire, we'll have a clearer picture of where the problems lies.
I don't know how dumb some of you Bengal fans can be!!! All of you were saying the same exact thing when Bratkowski was coordinator. IT'S NOT GRUDEN!!!!! I'll point my finger to either the line coach, Paul Alexander, or Marvin.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
If he goes anywhere else and sets the world on fire, we'll have a clearer picture of where the problems lies.

Truth.

Boy that would be a real big slap in the face to 90% of the posters here
Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
Truth.

Boy that would be a real big slap in the face to 90% of the posters here
There is a magical secret formula to being a good OC.

You need about 3 play makers, ideally, one is your QB.

Shhhhh. Don't tell anybody.

Look at all of the Belichic disciples that turned into busts. They were not the major reasons for success.

Last edited by Lolli; 01-17-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Now we have idiots who want to run Gruden out of town?

Good lord. Now I know why the bengals are cursed. They have so many idiot fans that God decided they don't deserve to ever win a championship.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Now we have idiots who want to run Gruden out of town?

Good lord. Now I know why the bengals are cursed. They have so many idiot fans that God decided they don't deserve to ever win a championship.

Tell em Joe!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

I will not be convinced until its Breaking News tickering across the bottom of ESPNs screen. Ill believe it when I see it. Lot of people are acting like its a done deal. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid, deal isnt done.

Remember, Clayton is reporting this from his moms house with a box of Chinese next to his desk and Metallica on Pause. He has a rip-away suit for Christ's sake. Can he really be that credible?

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
I will not be convinced until its Breaking News tickering across the bottom of ESPNs screen. Ill believe it when I see it. Lot of people are acting like its a done deal. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid, deal isnt done.

Remember, Clayton is reporting this from his moms house with a box of Chinese next to his desk and Metallica on Pause. He has a rip-away suit for Christ's sake. Can he really be that credible?

What if he seen it in the middle of a fortune cookie? You wouldn't be doubting him then..
Old 01-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
What if he seen it in the middle of a fortune cookie? You wouldn't be doubting him then..
Then I shall become a believer my friend!!! Hahaha

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:52 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5203

[quote=Stewee28;2781696]I will not be convinced until its Breaking News tickering across the bottom of ESPNs screen. Ill believe it when I see it. Lot of people are acting like its a done deal. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid, deal isnt done.

Remember, Clayton is reporting this from his moms house with a box of Chinese next to his desk and Metallica on Pause. He has a rip-away suit for Christ's sake. Can he really be that credible?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, Metallica is pretty good. You think he has some Panera too?

Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7105

Quote:

HEY MA! I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!!

Quote:
It's already pretty obvious where the main problem lies... only a select few of us care to acknowledge it.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
"I still think in the end it's going to be Jay Gruden," Clayton said. "I can't see Bruce Arians wanting to just get a head coaching job. I mean this guy; he's got a great situation. Why leave Andrew Luck? He's that good." Clayton believes Arians will get plenty of offers next offseason and has no reason to rush into a situation -- particularly if it ends up being a poor fit.

"If you're attached to Andrew Luck and you are as good as coach as [Arians] is why leave him? You'll get offers next year," Clayton said.

Even if the Cardinals made Arians an offer, Clayton is not convinced he will accept.

http://arizonasports.com/40/1602617/...be-Cards-coach
Arizona is gonna be a Tough Job but I know Jay can get it done...
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5523

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.W. View Post

He doesn't strike me as the soup and sandwich type of guy in that commercial.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member

[quote=M.W.;2781733]
Quote:

Remember, Clayton is reporting this from his moms house with a box of Chinese next to his desk and Metallica on Pause. He has a rip-away suit for Christ's sake. Can he really be that credible?[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Metallica. Great music. Awesome for working out. I have no ill feelings towards metallica!

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17469

Quote:

True that. ESPN is the king of reporting things before they happen.
They don't report, they TREND
Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Default Re: Jay Gruden Head Coach Possibilities

Well its down to just the arizona job.

It will either be Jay or Bruce..

Or San Frans Offensive coordinator
Old 01-17-2013, 10:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Arizona is gonna be a Tough Job but I know Jay can get it done...
I actually think it's one of the better jobs available. Team already has a legit defense, a top WR and some other offensive pieces in place.

They get a good to very good QB in the draft and he has success early then you could talk about AZ as a potential wildcard team. He needs to get that QB though.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBengal9 View Post
I actually think it's one of the better jobs available. Team already has a legit defense, a top WR and some other offensive pieces in place.

They get a good to very good QB in the draft and he has success early then you could talk about AZ as a potential wildcard team. He needs to get that QB though.
I wasnt talking about the Talent but the Ownership. They have the lowest paid GM in the league making less than 1 mil a year. I cant imagine what they are offering to the Head coaching Canidates.

But with that D and Fitz they just need a Whole new OL QB and a RB
Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5335
Default Re: Gruden could go to Cards

Quote:
Dude....not Bengals related but your siggy with a family sitting in a swimming pool of blood is.....well.....more than disturbing....not in a good way either.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 143
Default Re: Gruden could go to Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicguy View Post
Dude....not Bengals related but your siggy with a family sitting in a swimming pool of blood is.....well.....more than disturbing....not in a good way either.
Whew, I was not the only one to think that!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:54 AM
VIP Platinum Member

All Head Coaching Positions have Been Fill Gruden will return as Offensive Coordinator.

End Thread.///
Old 01-18-2013, 08:59 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2834

As I've said elsewhere...

GRUDEN MUST GO.

He is AWFUL.

The ONLY stat that matters is that Gruden LOSES to good teams.

1. He cannot move the ball and score points against good teams. Look at Cincy's offensive output vs Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Absolutely wretched. The Giants game now looks like a fluke. The offense did okay against Denver until the 4th quarter when Cincy just needed first downs (not even touchdowns) and couldn't get them. The egg laid vs Miami made me nauseous. The second half of the Cleveland loss made me puke.

2. Gruden is WORSE every time he faces a familiar opponent (usually meaning the second time he faces someone). Good grief, Cincy had just ONE meaningful play in Pittsburgh territory in the win--and that was a pass to get into field goal range. Gruden only beat Balt because our backups played better than Balt's backups. And look at Houston: 19 points, then 10 points, then 6 offensive points. (The only teams' starters that Gruden has beaten in a second meeting were Cleveland in '11, and the offense didn't have a lead until a FG when the clock expired, and Jacksonville in '12--and they were 2-12.)

3. Dalton and Green are NOT progressing. They played in December and January as if they were raw rookies in preseason games. Just completely out of synch. Second seasons are supposed to be much better but this one wasn't when it mattered. There is NO EXCUSE for this passing game falling off a cliff in the second half of '11 and '12. Plus, the pass blocking inexplicably became absolutely atrocious after having a solid stretch of good performances.

4. The IDIOTIC gameplan in the playoffs. Especially that Gruden stuck with it in the second qtr after it failed so miserably in the first qtr. Gruden looked like this was the first game plan he ever made.

5. Gruden CANNOT make in-game adjustments. If his plan doesn't work from the get-go, he has no counter. (If a team is successful getting pressure on Dalton, Gruden STILL calls 5 step drops with long routes--just stupid. And when he calls a screen--that one time in a million--the play is usually botched because he calls them so rarely.) If his plan works, but the other team adjusts to stop it, then Gruden has no counter-adjustment. He simply cannot perform at this level. We've lost way too many games, especially two playoff games (rare gems for this team) because of Gruden. The defense plays its guts out. It deserves better from the offense.

IT'S NOT GOING TO GET ANY BETTER.

Either (A) Dalton is a good franchise quarterback hamstrung by bad coaching or (B ) Gruden is a good coach and Dalton is a bad quarterback. Why? Because if it's (C) Dalton and Gruden are both performing well, then (D) they both stink and BOTH need replaced. I think it's A.

I am OUTRAGED that Gruden still has his job. I am hoping that Mike Brown didn't fire Gruden simply to make him more attractive to other teams. Otherwise we have yet another incidence of MB's incompetence as a General Manager.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5662

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post

GRUDEN MUST GO.

He is AWFUL.

1. He cannot move the ball and score points against good teams. Look at Cincy's offensive output vs Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Absolutely wretched. The Giants game now looks like a fluke. The offense did okay against Denver until the 4th quarter when Cincy just needed first downs (not even touchdowns) and couldn't get them. The egg laid vs Miami made me nauseous. The second half of the Cleveland loss made me puke.

2. Gruden is WORSE every time he faces a familiar opponent (usually meaning the second time he faces someone). Good grief, Cincy had just ONE meaningful play in Pittsburgh territory in the win--and that was a pass to get into field goal range. Gruden only beat Balt because our backups played better than Balt's backups. And look at Houston: 19 points, then 10 points, then 6 offensive points. (The only teams' starters that Gruden has beaten in a second meeting were Cleveland in '11, and the offense didn't have a lead until a FG when the clock expired, and Jacksonville in '12--and they were 2-12.)

3. Dalton and Green are NOT progressing. They played in December and January as if they were raw rookies in preseason games. Just completely out of synch. Second seasons are supposed to be much better but this one wasn't when it mattered. There is NO EXCUSE for this passing game falling off a cliff in the second half of '11 and '12. Plus, the pass blocking inexplicably became absolutely atrocious after having a solid stretch of good performances.

4. The IDIOTIC gameplan in the playoffs. Especially that Gruden stuck with it in the second qtr after it failed so miserably in the first qtr. Gruden looked like this was the first game plan he ever made.

5. Gruden CANNOT make in-game adjustments. If his plan doesn't work from the get-go, he has no counter. (If a team is successful getting pressure on Dalton, Gruden STILL calls 5 step drops with long routes--just stupid. And when he calls a screen--that one time in a million--the play is usually botched because he calls them so rarely.) If his plan works, but the other team adjusts to stop it, then Gruden has no counter-adjustment. He simply cannot perform at this level. We've lost way too many games, especially two playoff games (rare gems for this team) because of Gruden. The defense plays its guts out. It deserves better from the offense.

Either (A) Dalton is a good franchise quarterback hamstrung by bad coaching or (B ) Gruden is a good coach and Dalton is a bad quarterback. Why? Because if it's (C) Dalton and Gruden are both performing well, then (D) they both stink and BOTH need replaced. I think it's A.

I am OUTRAGED that Gruden still has his job. I am hoping that Mike Brown didn't fire Gruden simply to make him more attractive to other teams. Otherwise we have yet another incidence of MB's incompetence as a General Manager.
I agree, for the most part.
But now we will just have to wait and see, if he can improve. Because he is the Bengals OC.
So now we just hope. Like every other offseason.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post

GRUDEN MUST GO.

He is AWFUL.

why dont you about it...