Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:13 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35053
Default Re: Down with the Stupidity Ep. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by basballguy View Post
i die a little on the inside every time i see your sig.
I no longer see signatures because if it.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2824

Old 01-17-2013, 01:16 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14134

Quote:
Originally Posted by basballguy View Post
i die a little on the inside every time i see your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
It gets easier buddy. You'll get immune to it soon and actually grow to appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
I no longer see signatures because if it.
I have to agree.

Its completely irrelevant and disturbing...

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 738

Whoa!....wait a minute! Hobbits have Ovaries?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2559

I just realized that over the last few years I've had only 5 infractions but 2 of them were for insulting other members and this whole thread is about.......
Bengals fan since October 1, 1991 ironically the same day I was born. In what will soon be 23 years of living on this earth I have yet to see a Bengals playoff win. WHO DEY 2014-15 The year of Stripes!!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10915

We need threads like this to keep the balance. Just wait until closer to March when there is a thread about every single free agent and how we should pick them up.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongsville City Schools View Post
Hey Bengal's fans, I am going to start a new weekly segment on these boards where I single out some of the most outrageous and most stupid topics posted within the last week or so,

I've been a member of the Cincinnati Bengal’s Message Boards for almost 6 years and if you compare the amount of posts I have to the amount of days I have been a member it isn't that many, but I swear to you that I am on these boards every day of my life whether it's via IPhone or laptop it doesn't matter the fact is I am on everyday and read a lot of posts.

(kind of tough to read but you’ll get what I’m saying just reread it a few times)

I honestly feel like everyone decides to treat the message boards as a sports bar and get wasted every time they sign-in. Most the posts on here are ludicrous, illogical, and make me want to punch a hobbit in its ovaries. I wish I had the time to go through them all but I don't, so here are some of the most recent topics:

How to Fix Offense: Promote Hue, sign JC + Ocho, trade 4 DMac by: Sham69Rock
http://boards.bengals.com//showthread.php?t=108369
I'd be cool w/ giving da' Raiders their 2nd rd pick back for McFadden by: Sham69Rock
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=108262

With a name like Sham69Rock I'd assume you are Irish. That’s fine bc I have Irish in my genes too but your disgracing them with this idiotic post. Do you honestly think bringing in Darren McFingerNailsBrokeOut6WeeksFadden would help our offense? I mean yeah sure I would understand the move if he were a UFA or if we could get him for a 6-7th round pick but giving up a second round pick for an injury-prone back that even when healthy has been unproven makes little to no sense. On top of that signing Jason Campbell won't make any difference and bringing back Ochocinco is just downright insane at this point of his career.

Don't get me wrong I was one of the looneys that was cool with bringing back Chad after the Sanu injury just to help us finish the season this year but as far anything long-term CHILD PLEASE! He's too old, and he'll bring unneeded off-season drama.

As for Hue Jackson that move makes sense only if Jay Gruden gets hired in Arizona.

Leon Hall to Safety by: bLEEdOrandandBlack
http://boards.bengals.com//showthread.php?t=108362

I’m gonna go off on a limb and guess that your name is Lee. So Lee, please explain to me how putting Hall at safety is a smarter move then drafting one in the 1st-2nd round. Leon is no doubt our best CB and he’s still only 28 years old. His Pick 6's versus Pittsburgh and Houston were the only TD's we scored in both games. He started off the year somewhat slowly because he was coming off of a serious Achilles injury but he was dominant in the second half of the season and was a key contributor to our highly ranked defense. I'd be more worried about Dre Kirkpatrick and the rest of our CBs then Hall.

Marvin Lewis as our GM by: ALMOST EVERYONE
http://boards.bengals.com//showthread.php?t=107737

The topic of moving Marvin Lewis to GM and moving Mike Zimmer to HC is mentioned by about 98 percent of the message board's members. The move sounds awesome and maybe would be awesome but everyone needs to stop drinking that Kool-aid bc it's never going to happen. If Mike Brown really did change his heart and is going to hire a GM, it won't be Marvin. Mike Zimmer will find another HC job before he ever gets the chance to become our HC. I know we all wish this dream scenario could happen but we need to face reality. Honestly do you guys really think that Marvin Lewis would even want to be our General Manager?? He is an established football coach. If he ever leaves Cincy he'll either get another HC job or become a DC somewhere. You'd have to think that all these years of not winning in the playoffs are starting to cause him some serious stress. If he's not the coach here, he won't be here,

Dalton = Sanchez by: bLEEdOrangeAndBlack
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=108038

Jesus Lee WHAT THE HECK???? Why does your name keep coming up with these dumb posts? Andy Dalton and Mark Sanchez are completely different QBs. Mark didn't take his team to 2 AFC Championships, his defense and running game carried him there. Dalton has shown signs of success and was a Pro Bowler last year and was even more improved this year. Are you sniffing glue right now? Let's compare their stats:

Mark Sanchez
2009 53.8% 2,444 yards 12 TDs 20 Ints 63.0 Rating
2010 54.8% 3,291 yards 17 TDs 13 Ints 75.3 Rating
2011 56.7% 3,474 yards 26 TDs 18 Ints 78.2 Rating
2012 54.3% 2,883 yards 13 TDs 18 Ints 66.9 Rating

Andy Dalton
2011 58.1% 3,398 yards 20 TDs 13 Ints 80.4 Rating
2012 62.3% 3,669 yards 27 TDs 16 Ints 87.4 Rating

Dalton's worst year is better then Sanchez's best year and Mark has played twice as many years. This also doesn't include the amount of stupid plays that Sanchez makes throughout a game.

Interesting by: Cincy's Best
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=108215

This thread by the so called "best" person in cincy compares Andy Dalton to Peyton Manning. He brings up a solid argument that Peyton is 9-10 in the post-season compared to Dalton who is 0-2. All this proves is anyone can sway an argument if they're trying to prove a point. I could compare Dalton's and Manning's playoff record to Trent Dilfers' who went 5-1 and won a Super Bowl but why would I do that when everyone knows Manning is light-years above both Trent and Andy.

Is it time to lose the stripes? by: Redlegs
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=108249

It's starting to become clear to me that Bengal's fans are becoming really bored. The tiger stripes on our helmet our classic. We use to have "Bengals" spelled out across the side of our helmets but they looked too similar to Clevelands and we needed a change.

Only valid point I would take for this subject is that the last time we made a huge change to our helmets was in 1981 when we switched to the stripes. That was also the year Kenny Anderson took us to our first SB.

I understand that the season is over and a lot of people just want to make topics to create conversation whether it's crazy talk or not. I also understand why fans are so down on the team at times and on certain players. We all want the best from this organization and we all love this team. I mean no harm by this post and wasn't trying to be mean to the members I singled out. However if you have a problem with it just let me know.

Alright well that wraps up my first article/topic for "Down with the Stupidity" on the Bengals message boards. If you guys think this is a really bad idea just let me know and I wont do it again. I just thought due to the amount of stupid topics each week it'd be nice to have someone recap them and allow board members to see what some of us have resorted to.
Hey, I laughed. I kinda like your idea of a weekly tournament for crazy ideas. I find these threads far more interesting reads than the average "Cook vs. Robinson" sorta threads. Hell, I'd like to see more fans throw their own wild ideas out there. Plus I'm glad that I only got 2nd place this week, that kinda leaves me a lil' sumthin' to aspire for. Keep it. Lookin' forward to next week.

Last edited by 34inXXIII; 01-17-2013 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Personal attack in quoted post/circumventing the language filter
Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 109858

If you think a person's comments or opinions are stupid, that's OK, just don't make it personal. We've all had stupid comments and opinions....yes, even you Ron Mexico.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20599

Fighting stupidity will always be a lost cause. Stupidity wins with numbers. It has only one enemy--good sense.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 01-17-2013, 02:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham69Rock View Post
Hey, I laughed. I kinda like your idea of a weekly tournament for crazy ideas. I find these threads far more interesting reads than the average "Cook vs. Robinson" sorta threads. Hell, I'd like to see more fans throw their own wild ideas out there. Plus I'm glad that I only got 2nd place this week, that kinda leaves me a lil' sumthin' to aspire for. Keep it. Lookin' forward to next week.
thank you, one of the few people that get my post
Bengals fan since October 1, 1991 ironically the same day I was born. In what will soon be 23 years of living on this earth I have yet to see a Bengals playoff win. WHO DEY 2014-15 The year of Stripes!!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34inXXIII View Post
If you think a person's comments or opinions are stupid, that's OK, just don't make it personal. We've all had stupid comments and opinions....yes, even you Ron Mexico.
If you go through my thread history I bet you right now that I have made tons of ridiculously stupid posts.

NOTHING that I write here is meant to be personal or negative.

Its all fun and games........untill someone fakes a gfs death
Old 01-17-2013, 02:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3431

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
I feel this deserves a more epic Banhammer...

Pretty sure that is Hammer of Boegarden. MTG nerd
Yes I give them credit for trying. But now we're gonna have another hole to fill if he goes to Green Bay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
Personally, I want a QB who sacrifices a small animal to the almighty Cthulu after scoring.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2094

The fact I actually READ all of that is a testiment to how enjoyable i felt this thread was! lol. Secondly, people talk about "stupid" threads allllll the time! So if one poster is making the thread, essentially your calling the person stupid lol. Third, I have to proble with his explainations for why those threads were nonsense! He made very GOOD points about all of them. I liked the thread and I want to see MORE!!

I am UCMehayward, and i approve this thread!

(Jab at Neeks trolling ways) lol
Old 01-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1875

Quote:
However if you have a problem with it just let me know.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 18447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
I'll grab a cooler.
Make sure it has beer this time and not just ice like last time damn it... I'm not fallingfor that trick twice of reaching somewhere else for a cold one.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8978

Quote:
Hey Bengal's fans, I am going to start a new weekly segment on these boards where I single out some of the most outrageous and most stupid topics posted within the last week or so,

I've been a member of the Cincinnati Bengalís Message Boards for almost 6 years and if you compare the amount of posts I have to the amount of days I have been a member it isn't that many, but I swear to you that I am on these boards every day of my life whether it's via IPhone or laptop it doesn't matter the fact is I am on everyday and read a lot of posts.

(kind of tough to read but youíll get what Iím saying just reread it a few times)

I honestly feel like everyone decides to treat the message boards as a sports bar and get wasted every time they sign-in. Most the posts on here are ludicrous, illogical, and make me want to punch a hobbit in its ovaries. I wish I had the time to go through them all but I don't, so here are some of the most recent topics:

I'd be cool w/ giving da' Raiders their 2nd rd pick back for McFadden by: Sham69Rock

With a name like Sham69Rock I'd assume you are Irish. Thatís fine bc I have Irish in my genes too but your disgracing them with this idiotic post. Do you honestly think bringing in Darren McFingerNailsBrokeOut6WeeksFadden would help our offense? I mean yeah sure I would understand the move if he were a UFA or if we could get him for a 6-7th round pick but giving up a second round pick for an injury-prone back that even when healthy has been unproven makes little to no sense. On top of that signing Jason Campbell won't make any difference and bringing back Ochocinco is just downright insane at this point of his career.

Don't get me wrong I was one of the looneys that was cool with bringing back Chad after the Sanu injury just to help us finish the season this year but as far anything long-term CHILD PLEASE! He's too old, and he'll bring unneeded off-season drama.

As for Hue Jackson that move makes sense only if Jay Gruden gets hired in Arizona.

Iím gonna go off on a limb and guess that your name is Lee. So Lee, please explain to me how putting Hall at safety is a smarter move then drafting one in the 1st-2nd round. Leon is no doubt our best CB and heís still only 28 years old. His Pick 6's versus Pittsburgh and Houston were the only TD's we scored in both games. He started off the year somewhat slowly because he was coming off of a serious Achilles injury but he was dominant in the second half of the season and was a key contributor to our highly ranked defense. I'd be more worried about Dre Kirkpatrick and the rest of our CBs then Hall.

The topic of moving Marvin Lewis to GM and moving Mike Zimmer to HC is mentioned by about 98 percent of the message board's members. The move sounds awesome and maybe would be awesome but everyone needs to stop drinking that Kool-aid bc it's never going to happen. If Mike Brown really did change his heart and is going to hire a GM, it won't be Marvin. Mike Zimmer will find another HC job before he ever gets the chance to become our HC. I know we all wish this dream scenario could happen but we need to face reality. Honestly do you guys really think that Marvin Lewis would even want to be our General Manager?? He is an established football coach. If he ever leaves Cincy he'll either get another HC job or become a DC somewhere. You'd have to think that all these years of not winning in the playoffs are starting to cause him some serious stress. If he's not the coach here, he won't be here,

Jesus Lee WHAT THE HECK???? Why does your name keep coming up with these dumb posts? Andy Dalton and Mark Sanchez are completely different QBs. Mark didn't take his team to 2 AFC Championships, his defense and running game carried him there. Dalton has shown signs of success and was a Pro Bowler last year and was even more improved this year. Are you sniffing glue right now? Let's compare their stats:

Mark Sanchez

Andy Dalton

Dalton's worst year is better then Sanchez's best year and Mark has played twice as many years. This also doesn't include the amount of stupid plays that Sanchez makes throughout a game.

This thread by the so called "best" person in cincy compares Andy Dalton to Peyton Manning. He brings up a solid argument that Peyton is 9-10 in the post-season compared to Dalton who is 0-2. All this proves is anyone can sway an argument if they're trying to prove a point. I could compare Dalton's and Manning's playoff record to Trent Dilfers' who went 5-1 and won a Super Bowl but why would I do that when everyone knows Manning is light-years above both Trent and Andy.

It's starting to become clear to me that Bengal's fans are becoming really bored. The tiger stripes on our helmet our classic. We use to have "Bengals" spelled out across the side of our helmets but they looked too similar to Clevelands and we needed a change.

Only valid point I would take for this subject is that the last time we made a huge change to our helmets was in 1981 when we switched to the stripes. That was also the year Kenny Anderson took us to our first SB.

I understand that the season is over and a lot of people just want to make topics to create conversation whether it's crazy talk or not. I also understand why fans are so down on the team at times and on certain players. We all want the best from this organization and we all love this team. I mean no harm by this post and wasn't trying to be mean to the members I singled out. However if you have a problem with it just let me know.

Alright well that wraps up my first article/topic for "Down with the Stupidity" on the Bengals message boards. If you guys think this is a really bad idea just let me know and I wont do it again. I just thought due to the amount of stupid topics each week it'd be nice to have someone recap them and allow board members to see what some of us have resorted to.
this topic is pretty high on the list
4th Brandon Ivory DT
4th Durell Eskridge S
5th Cedric Reed DE
5th Eric Murray CB
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 01-17-2013, 03:19 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 179

I just didn't realize it was more than you belittling everyone and trying to look superior until the very end of the post. So the whole time I was reading I was thinking you were being a huge ***-hole until the very end. So, now that I understand what's going on here, I agree with all of your well made points and I say keep them coming!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13031

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqhybrid25 View Post
Pretty sure that is Hammer of Boegarden. MTG nerd
Hell if I know. Though I did se a bunch of mock MTG cards with it on there...
Old 01-17-2013, 08:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711

Quote:
If you go through my thread history I bet you right now that I have made tons of ridiculously stupid posts.

NOTHING that I write here is meant to be personal or negative.

Its all fun and games........untill someone fakes a gfs death
If Chris Rainey had an imaginary girlfriend...he'd still be with the Steelers.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3443

So people should be allowed to make crazy posts but if someone calls em out theyre wrong?

The way I see it if he doesnt disrespect anybody directly and it was a well written post....You cant CoC this thing. If you replace anywhere where you said the word STUPID or DUMB with QUESTIONABLE I dont think they take this off. Also people have to have a sense of humor but we all know that wont happen so ima enjoy this before its banned

Old 01-17-2013, 08:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3443

Quote:

I've been a member of the Cincinnati Bengalís Message Boards for almost 6 years and if you compare the amount of posts I have to the amount of days I have been a member it isn't that many, but I swear to you that I am on these boards every day of my life whether it's via IPhone or laptop it doesn't matter the fact is I am on everyday and read a lot of posts.

(kind of tough to read but youíll get what Iím saying just reread it a few times)

With a name like Sham69Rock I'd assume you are Irish. Thatís fine bc I have Irish in my genes too but your disgracing them with this idiotic post. Do you honestly think bringing in Darren McFingerNailsBrokeOut6WeeksFadden would help our offense? I mean yeah sure I would understand the move if he were a UFA or if we could get him for a 6-7th round pick but giving up a second round pick for an injury-prone back that even when healthy has been unproven makes little to no sense. On top of that signing Jason Campbell won't make any difference and bringing back Ochocinco is just downright insane at this point of his career.

Iím gonna go off on a limb and guess that your name is Lee. So Lee, please explain to me how putting Hall at safety is a smarter move then drafting one in the 1st-2nd round. Leon is no doubt our best CB and heís still only 28 years old. His Pick 6's versus Pittsburgh and Houston were the only TD's we scored in both games. He started off the year somewhat slowly because he was coming off of a serious Achilles injury but he was dominant in the second half of the season and was a key contributor to our highly ranked defense. I'd be more worried about Dre Kirkpatrick and the rest of our CBs then Hall.

Mark Sanchez

Andy Dalton

I do think a worst thread of the week thing would be funny and weve needed one for a while. Also itd be something funny for us to all get together on. My vote is on the Andy Dalton=Mark Sanchez thing

Old 01-17-2013, 09:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2631

Week 2's list will start out with:

Down with Stupidity Ep. 1 by: Strongsville City Schools

Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 434

Lol at you starting your own blog on this website

If you want to start a blog do it somewhere else.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Get over yourself. You just spent god knows how long acting like the white knight thread police typing this ridiculous wall of words. People are able to discern stupidity when they see it. You are not some special snowflake who alone possesses the ability to see this. Your diatribe adds nothing to these boards and only serves to add acrimony where none needs be.

Keep reading, post less. Your self importance does us no favors. Go stroke your epeen in the shadows.

Do us all a favor. Next time you work up incredibly insightful post, write it out by hand first. Then when you are done crumble it up into a tight little ball and shove it straight up your ***.

LOL, give him a break Burma he just turned 21 that's the new generation, they don't get over themselves. We are graced with there flat hat bill, black sock sandel wearing, head phones in, I want it all but don't want to work for it attitudes.

This team hab no maaahbulls!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3061

Guess I'll have to try harder next week.

"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth