Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Brunz Brunz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CINCINNATI!!!
Posts: 532
Rep Points: 178
Default First Mock. Quick and Simple

As we all know the draft can go a 100 million different ways but if I could get the players I wanted in their projected rounds this is how I'd have it.

FA's- S- Jarious Byrd. We could pick up a good safety in any round with this deep safety class but I'd rather go with proven talent since we haven't had much luck with S's.

That's my only Major FA signing. Of course there would be more but I'll do a more in depth mock later.

Re-sing- MJ, Smith, Pacman, Newman, Howard, Hawkins, Geathers, Simms, Skuta

Draft-

1. Alec OgletreeLB- Amazing athletism, speed, and tackling.
2a. Eddie Lacy RB- All around back, much better speed than BJGE and can break the long.
2b. Kasheem Greene LB- Another Athletic guy, great speed and can cover well.
3. Quintin Patton WR- With Tate gone we make room on the WR depth chart to keep adding guys that could break through and be great.
4. Kenjon Barner-RB- We need to keep adding weapons for Andy, this guy can take a lot of pressure off him with some long runs. Also replaces Tate and Scott!!!
5a Adrian Bushell CB- Another talented guy that could possibly make a good starter one day, he can sit behind some other talent people until he gets his chance.
5b Comp. Michael Williams TE- Like everyone else says, great blocker, big TE threat in the red zone.
6.Tyrone Goard WR- Eastern Kentucky, tall reciever, has potential just didn't play at a big time school. Probably just add some depth at training camp but when do you get much outta your 6th round pick?

Depth Chart

Qb- Dalton, Robinson.
RB- Lacy, BJGE, Barner, Peerman
OT- Whitworth, Smith, Collins, FA
OG- Zeitler, Boling, Wharton, FA
OC- Robinson, Cook
WR- Green, Jones, Sanu, Hawkins, Patton, Whalen, Goard
TE- Gresham, Charles, Williams/ I would Draft Kelce in the 3rd if we don't go wide reciever.

DE- Johnson, Dunlap, Gilberry, Geathers, FA
DT- Atkins, Peko, Sims, Still, Thompson
Will- Ogletree, Joiner
Mike-Burfict, Skuta
Sam- Greene, Howard, Lamur
CB- Hall, Kirkpatrick, Newman, Pacman, Ghee, Bushell, Prater(Whoever doesn't make it to the PS.
FS- Nelson, Iloka
SS- Byrd, Mays, Miles.

KR/PR- Barner, Pacman

I'm one over 53 but this is just to start off the notable that will be at training camp.

I'd take a flyer on Mathieu if he goes undrafted.

Also I know some are going to be like "You have Joiner making the 53 man???" Just my wild card player to make an Impact this year. Hopefully he gets out of jail soon!

I also have Greene starting because I'm not sure when Howard will be ready.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Brunz; 01-17-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

I like every pick except the TE selection. I'm just not sure they would just draft a guy to be situational blocker. It would really be more valuable to get more offensive line depth whether thats T,G,C. Just my opinion
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Brunz Brunz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CINCINNATI!!!
Posts: 532
Rep Points: 178
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
I like every pick except the TE selection. I'm just not sure they would just draft a guy to be situational blocker. It would really be more valuable to get more offensive line depth whether thats T,G,C. Just my opinion

I could go either way with it, he seems to be a valuable pick liked by most members but I can't disagree with you at all. I also don't know the lineman very well after the top tier guys. Thanks for the input BBlesmiley!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:30 PM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,303
Rep Points: 3089
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunz View Post
As we all know the draft can go a 100 million different ways but if I could get the players I wanted in their projected rounds this is how I'd have it.

FA's- S- Jarious Byrd. We could pick up a good safety in any round with this deep safety class but I'd rather go with proven talent since we haven't had much luck with S's.

That's my only Major FA signing. Of course there would be more but I'll do a more in depth mock later.

Re-sing- MJ, Smith, Pacman, Newman, Howard, Hawkins, Geathers, Simms, Skuta

Draft-

1. Alec OgletreeLB- Amazing athletism, speed, and tackling.
2a. Eddie Lacy RB- All around back, much better speed than BJGE and can break the long.
2b. Kasheem Greene LB- Another Athletic guy, great speed and can cover well.
3. Quintin Patton WR- With Tate gone we make room on the WR depth chart to keep adding guys that could break through and be great.
4. Kenjon Barner-RB- We need to keep adding weapons for Andy, this guy can take a lot of pressure off him with some long runs. Also replaces Tate and Scott!!!
5a Adrian Bushell CB- Another talented guy that could possibly make a good starter one day, he can sit behind some other talent people until he gets his chance.
5b Comp. Michael Williams TE- Like everyone else says, great blocker, big TE threat in the red zone.
6.Tyrone Goard WR- Eastern Kentucky, tall reciever, has potential just didn't play at a big time school. Probably just add some depth at training camp but when do you get much outta your 6th round pick?

Depth Chart

Qb- Dalton, Robinson.
RB- Lacy, BJGE, Barner, Peerman
OT- Whitworth, Smith, Collins, FA
OG- Zeitler, Boling, Wharton, FA
OC- Robinson, Cook
WR- Green, Jones, Sanu, Hawkins, Patton, Whalen
TE- Gresham, Charles, Williams/ I would Draft Kelce in the 3rd if we don't go wide reciever.

DE- Johnson, Dunlap, Gilberry, Geathers, FA
DT- Atkins, Peko, Sims, Still, Thompson
Will- Ogletree, Joiner
Mike-Burfict, Skuta
Sam- Greene, Howard, Lamur
CB- Hall, Kirkpatrick, Newman, Pacman, Ghee, Bushell, Prater(Whoever doesn't make it to the PS.
FS- Nelson, Iloka
SS- Byrd, Mays, Miles.

KR/PR- Barner, Pacman

I'm one over 53 but this is just to start off the notable that will be at training camp.

I'd take a flyer on Mathieu if he goes undrafted.

Also I know some are going to be like "You have Joiner making the 53 man???" Just my wild card player to make an Impact this year. Hopefully he gets out of jail soon!

I also have Greene starting because I'm not sure when Howard will be ready.

Thanks for looking.
He's out. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ejoin-bengals/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Brunz Brunz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CINCINNATI!!!
Posts: 532
Rep Points: 178
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post

Nice, thanks! I really hope he does well here.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,462
Rep Points: 5082
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
I like every pick except the TE selection. I'm just not sure they would just draft a guy to be situational blocker. It would really be more valuable to get more offensive line depth whether thats T,G,C. Just my opinion
Reggie Kelly spent 7 years here doing nothing but blocking. His outstanding blocking ability was a key factor in the success we enjoyed in the run game with Rudi, and Ced. Its no coincidence that when Reggie left we saw Rolland start coming in for the unbalanced line.
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-17-2013, 04:23 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,011
Rep Points: 24226
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Reggie Kelly spent 7 years here doing nothing but blocking. His outstanding blocking ability was a key factor in the success we enjoyed in the run game with Rudi, and Ced. Its no coincidence that when Reggie left we saw Rolland start coming in for the unbalanced line.
This. The run blocking TE is very undervalued by fans because they don't make splash plays
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Reggie Kelly spent 7 years here doing nothing but blocking. His outstanding blocking ability was a key factor in the success we enjoyed in the run game with Rudi, and Ced. Its no coincidence that when Reggie left we saw Rolland start coming in for the unbalanced line.
We have a two time pro bowler for that.lol
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Natikid873's Avatar
Natikid873 Natikid873 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queen City
Posts: 1,112
Rep Points: 1128
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
We have a two time pro bowler for that.lol
For a minute, I thought you were serious. C'mon man! The guy didn't make 2 pro bowls from doing nothing.
__________________

CINwillWIN is the man
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-17-2013, 05:45 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
For a minute, I thought you were serious. C'mon man! The guy didn't make 2 pro bowls from doing nothing.
That was the point I was trying to make.lol
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-17-2013, 05:52 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Reggie Kelly spent 7 years here doing nothing but blocking. His outstanding blocking ability was a key factor in the success we enjoyed in the run game with Rudi, and Ced. Its no coincidence that when Reggie left we saw Rolland start coming in for the unbalanced line.
Just give me this draft in April and I would go out on a limb and predict a deep run in the playoffs the next 4-5 yrs..lol

No order: Barrett Jones LG,Travis Frederick C,Eddie Lacy RB,Quinton Patton WR....
Gerald Hodges OLB,Shamarko Thomas SS
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Lolli's Avatar
Lolli Lolli is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CTC
Posts: 9,674
Rep Points: 13473
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Reggie Kelly spent 7 years here doing nothing but blocking. His outstanding blocking ability was a key factor in the success we enjoyed in the run game with Rudi, and Ced. Its no coincidence that when Reggie left we saw Rolland start coming in for the unbalanced line.
That and maybe they would stop trying to make Gresh block; because he can't.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:25 PM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,303
Rep Points: 3089
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
This. The run blocking TE is very undervalued by fans because they don't make splash plays
This, plus anyone that has watched Michael Williams play would want him in stripes. Dude is a monster.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 PM
baclaw's Avatar
baclaw baclaw is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miamisburg, OH
Posts: 1,281
Rep Points: 1035
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Not bad, be a good off season in my books
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:57 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
This, plus anyone that has watched Michael Williams play would want him in stripes. Dude is a monster.
I'd like him in stipes along with Luke Joekel but that doesnt mean we need him to get the job done.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:36 PM
mulligan mulligan is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 13,075
Rep Points: 7544
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
I like every pick except the TE selection. I'm just not sure they would just draft a guy to be situational blocker. It would really be more valuable to get more offensive line depth whether thats T,G,C. Just my opinion
Michael Williams would replace Roland in our 3 "TE" set.

Instead of Gresham/Charles/Roland, the Bengals would roll with Gresham/Charles/Williams. In this lineup, all 3 TEs could be a pass option which could really open up the offense and confuse a defense.

On game day, the Bengals would go with 3 TEs (Gresham/Charles/Williams) & 3 Ts (Whit/Smith/Collins). This is a much more offensively dynamic grouping than with 4 Ts (Whit/Smith/Collins/Roland) and 2 TEs (Gresham/Charles).

Though Williams isn't a "sexy" pick, his presence on the 53 man roster would dramatically improve our offensive output. Williams is probably a better blocker than Roland, and Williams is definitely a better receiver than Roland.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:41 PM
auggie's Avatar
auggie auggie is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 662
Rep Points: 1446
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Good players but there is no way we're going to select two RB's and no safety in the first four rounds. (At least I hope)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Brunz Brunz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CINCINNATI!!!
Posts: 532
Rep Points: 178
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggie View Post
Good players but there is no way we're going to select two RB's and no safety in the first four rounds. (At least I hope)
I had us picking up Jarious Byrd from buffalo to fill that spot, guy has 28 take aways in 4 years and doesn't miss a tackle! He's going to want a fat contract though so I'm not sure if mike brown will go get him, but there are reports that we are spending to our limit this year so it's not out of the question.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 PM
auggie's Avatar
auggie auggie is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 662
Rep Points: 1446
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunz View Post
I had us picking up Jarious Byrd from buffalo to fill that spot, guy has 28 take aways in 4 years and doesn't miss a tackle! He's going to want a fat contract though so I'm not sure if mike brown will go get him, but there are reports that we are spending to our limit this year so it's not out of the question.
My bad. Just read the picks part.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Brunz Brunz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CINCINNATI!!!
Posts: 532
Rep Points: 178
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggie View Post
My bad. Just read the picks part.
It's all good, I think if we matched what buffalo was offering him he'd come in a heart beat. It's really weird saying that, but nice!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Natikid873's Avatar
Natikid873 Natikid873 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queen City
Posts: 1,112
Rep Points: 1128
Default Re: First Mock. Quick and Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Michael Williams would replace Roland in our 3 "TE" set.

Instead of Gresham/Charles/Roland, the Bengals would roll with Gresham/Charles/Williams. In this lineup, all 3 TEs could be a pass option which could really open up the offense and confuse a defense.

On game day, the Bengals would go with 3 TEs (Gresham/Charles/Williams) & 3 Ts (Whit/Smith/Collins). This is a much more offensively dynamic grouping than with 4 Ts (Whit/Smith/Collins/Roland) and 2 TEs (Gresham/Charles).

Though Williams isn't a "sexy" pick, his presence on the 53 man roster would dramatically improve our offensive output. Williams is probably a better blocker than Roland, and Williams is definitely a better receiver than Roland.
Don't think anyone could've said it better.
__________________

CINwillWIN is the man
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.