Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 AM
BengalYankee's Avatar
BengalYankee BengalYankee is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,958
Rep Points: 17505
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

Quote:
Originally Posted by NERKLE View Post
i can no longer root for this bengals team or give mike brown money until changes are made the day to day operations or until he dies i have put so much money into this team and have been a fan for my entire life. I know some of you will call me fair weather but i am surely not ill just stop watching football completely if thats what it takes

I have a better idea.


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 AM
sw fl Bengal fan Tim's Avatar
sw fl Bengal fan Tim sw fl Bengal fan Tim is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,068
Rep Points: 10691
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

I have been rooting for the Bengals since 1976. I have suffered thru some of the worst moments in Bengals history as we still sit here and wait for some type of redemption that never seems to come.

As a fan though I would never consider dropping my loyalty to this team. It is hard on some of us who have watched thruout the years but that is why we are fans. You wish to root for someone else then by all means please do. The ability to handle losses in life defines you better then how you handle wins. Good luck
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,734
Rep Points: 3571
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Except... maybe win Superbowls. Kinda like that team in 2005 that had a bus as a player. Remember that team?
You forgot about the most recent 6th seed 2010 Packers...but thats because you're a Steeler fan
Ironic how a 6th seed beat the team that was the first ever to win a SB as a 6th seed.

Some interesting info:

• Since 2000, only two No. 1 seeds have won the Super Bowl -- the 2009 Saints and the 2003 Patriots.
In that same span, four No. 2 seeds, one No. 3 seed, two No. 4 seeds, one No. 5 seed and two No. 6 seeds have won the Super Bowl.

• In the first 12 years of the “home-field era” (post-1974), 10 No. 1 seeds won the Super Bowl.

• From 1984 to '96, when the NFC won 13 straight Super Bowls, nine of the champions began the playoffs as the No. 1 seed.

• Besides the 20 No. 1 seeds to win the Lombardi Trophy, the other 17 winners break down as follows: eight No. 2 seeds, two No. 3 seeds, four No. 4 seeds, one No. 5 seeds and two No. 6 seeds.

• The 1980 Raiders were the first wild-card team (a No. 4 seed at that time) to win the Super Bowl.

• The 1985 Patriots were the first team to reach the Super Bowl as a No. 5 seed, meaning they had to win three road playoff games.

• The only two No. 6 seeds ever to reach the Super Bowl -- the 2005 Steelers and 2010 Packers -- both won the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Infographic: Home-field advantage? Which NFL playoff seeds fare best? - ESPN
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Morning Star Morning Star is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,806
Rep Points: 2354
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
You forgot about the most recent 6th seed 2010 Packers...but thats because you're a Steeler fan
Ironic how a 6th seed beat the team that was the first ever to win a SB as a 6th seed.

Some interesting info:

• Since 2000, only two No. 1 seeds have won the Super Bowl -- the 2009 Saints and the 2003 Patriots.
In that same span, four No. 2 seeds, one No. 3 seed, two No. 4 seeds, one No. 5 seed and two No. 6 seeds have won the Super Bowl.

• In the first 12 years of the “home-field era” (post-1974), 10 No. 1 seeds won the Super Bowl.

• From 1984 to '96, when the NFC won 13 straight Super Bowls, nine of the champions began the playoffs as the No. 1 seed.

• Besides the 20 No. 1 seeds to win the Lombardi Trophy, the other 17 winners break down as follows: eight No. 2 seeds, two No. 3 seeds, four No. 4 seeds, one No. 5 seeds and two No. 6 seeds.

• The 1980 Raiders were the first wild-card team (a No. 4 seed at that time) to win the Super Bowl.

• The 1985 Patriots were the first team to reach the Super Bowl as a No. 5 seed, meaning they had to win three road playoff games.

• The only two No. 6 seeds ever to reach the Super Bowl -- the 2005 Steelers and 2010 Packers -- both won the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Infographic: Home-field advantage? Which NFL playoff seeds fare best? - ESPN
I was always taught never look back keep moving forward..Where you going?
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Domata Dominance's Avatar
Domata Dominance Domata Dominance is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,217
Rep Points: 10634
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
It's not many, it's 4 teams the Texans, the Jags, the Browns, and the Lions.
He said twice. So we also get to include the Panthers, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Cardinals, Saints, Falcons, Chargers, Titans, Ravens, and Jets. I'm starting to feel all warm and fuzzy now.
__________________
"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no one comes to the Father except by me" --Jesus
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 01-18-2013, 05:27 AM
NERKLE's Avatar
NERKLE NERKLE is offline
Graduated Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 30
Rep Points: 31
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

i was out of line when i posred this i wish i could delete it but i cant ill always be a bengals fan i was just dumb and drunk when i posred this im sorry guys for my drunkin stupidity and see you guys next year
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-18-2013, 05:28 AM
NERKLE's Avatar
NERKLE NERKLE is offline
Graduated Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 30
Rep Points: 31
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

im also drunk now since i cant type posted right
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:56 AM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,211
Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

Quote:
Originally Posted by NERKLE View Post
i was out of line when i posred this i wish i could delete it but i cant ill always be a bengals fan i was just dumb and drunk when i posred this im sorry guys for my drunkin stupidity and see you guys next year




Quote:
Originally Posted by NERKLE View Post
im also drunk now since i cant type posted right

5:30 in the morning, put the columbian goodies down
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:02 AM
yellowxdiscipline's Avatar
yellowxdiscipline yellowxdiscipline is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cincy
Posts: 8,258
Rep Points: 8471
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

Quote:
Originally Posted by NERKLE View Post
i love all you even though you are hating on me paul brown must be ashamed of his son in heaven
Who said Paul Brown was in heaven?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:05 AM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,211
Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
Who said Paul Brown was in heaven?
'
Nerkle, didn't you read his post?
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Bengalzona's Avatar
Bengalzona Bengalzona is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Checking the Heisenberg Compensators
Posts: 24,188
Rep Points: 76825
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

In Heaven, there is no beer.
That's why we drink it here.
And when we're gone from here,
all our friends will be drinking all our beer!
__________________


"Her name Bubbles!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,211
Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
In Heaven, there is no beer.
That's why we drink it here.
And when we're gone from here,
all our friends will be drinking all our beer!

I call BS.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Mack Morgan Mack Morgan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hyden,Kentucky
Posts: 78
Rep Points: -4
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

Quote:
Originally Posted by NERKLE View Post
i can no longer root for this bengals team or give mike brown money until changes are made the day to day operations or until he dies i have put so much money into this team and have been a fan for my entire life. I know some of you will call me fair weather but i am surely not ill just stop watching football completely if thats what it takes
try watching UK football
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 AM
neiser's Avatar
neiser neiser is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: partyin w jerome
Posts: 737
Rep Points: 1166
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post




idk what time it is where you live, but here it went from 6 to high noon
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-25-2013, 08:55 AM
Stewy's Avatar
Stewy Stewy is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Into the Void.......
Posts: 6,711
Rep Points: 28276
Default Re: after 29 loyal faithful years

Cihys?
__________________
cheers!

-Stewwy
---------------------------------------------------
ESPN has the journalistic integrity of a turnip!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.