Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:24 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7925
Default Re: Is there a back in this year draft that is close to Adrian Peterson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham69Rock View Post
Yeah. His name is Darren McFadden, + he's probably available right this second for just one of our 2nd rounders. The 25 yr old stud would make a perfect 1+2 punch w/ Green Ellis.
I'm a big fan of McFadden's, always have been. That said he isn't worth a second round pick. He can't stay healthy. At most I'd give up a 3rd round pick for him since we seem to be striking out on 3rd round players. He's scheduled to make $5,856,250 not including incentives if there are any in his deal, plus if we traded for him he's only got one year left on his rookie contract. So to recap, health issues, he's only got 1 year on his contract, he's due a lot of money, and he just came off his worst year of his career. Maybe his bad year was due to the Raiders running a Zone blocking scheme, maybe all of his injuries are finally catching up to him. If we could get McFadden for a 3rd or less, I'd be tickled pink.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1499
Default Re: Is there a back in this year draft that is close to Adrian Peterson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I'm a big fan of McFadden's, always have been. That said he isn't worth a second round pick. He can't stay healthy. At most I'd give up a 3rd round pick for him since we seem to be striking out on 3rd round players. He's scheduled to make $5,856,250 not including incentives if there are any in his deal, plus if we traded for him he's only got one year left on his rookie contract. So to recap, health issues, he's only got 1 year on his contract, he's due a lot of money, and he just came off his worst year of his career. Maybe his bad year was due to the Raiders running a Zone blocking scheme, maybe all of his injuries are finally catching up to him. If we could get McFadden for a 3rd or less, I'd be tickled pink.
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread...94#post2781894 Yea, I've certainly noticed our little 3rd round drought around here. I'd be 100% cool w/ that. Fine then, a 3rd rounder it is. Make the call Mikey Boy

Last edited by Sham69Rock; 01-17-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Awesome thread.

But the better question is...

Is there a quarterback in this year's draft that is close to Tom Brady and can be grabbed in the 6th?
The guy from Kansas State, Klein i think, looks like he'd be a good NFL Qb and he's going late.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunz View Post
The guy from Kansas State, Klein i think, looks like he'd be a good NFL Qb and he's going late.
I am really hoping this is a joke because he has looked terrible all week at the East West Shrine game.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519

Definitely not in this draft; but I do think there's a back that will end up drawing comparisons in college. Bama' TJ Yeldon is similarly built and similarly explosive and might be a better receiver. Of all the recent Bama backs he'll be best! Not a Tide fan but I'm definitely looking forward to watching him over the next two seasons.

That's pretty much the closest comparison I can think of.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bech72 View Post
Definitely not in this draft; but I do think there's a back that will end up drawing comparisons in college. Bama' TJ Yeldon is similarly built and similarly explosive and might be a better receiver. Of all the recent Bama backs he'll be best! Not a Tide fan but I'm definitely looking forward to watching him over the next two seasons.

That's pretty much the closest comparison I can think of.
Todd Gurley looks like he could be in the discussion soon. That kid is incredible.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 01-19-2013, 12:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3022

It will be very difficult to find another athlete like Peterson, let alone as good of a player. His size, strength and speed combination is legendary. When you're that big, can accelerate that quick, run that fast and hit that hard, you won't be matched for a while.

There are no backs like Peterson this year, nor will there be for a while. Yeldon is the only guy that may have a chance to be AP like in coming years.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 01-19-2013, 01:28 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10697

Marcus Lattimore....... pre-injury.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1