Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:01 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 690
Default NFL Coaching Study Article

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...7-75f272c91c52

Ok, is this some sort of paid off gimmick or sick joke? Paul Brown had a losing record and never won a superbowl. What did he ever do to garner so much respect? This article also mentions Belicheat, an admitted cheater who somehow got away with it after no repercussions. Who gets paid to write this crap? Paul Brown was an overall loser who never won it all. Belicheat should have been banned from the NFL years ago. Too bad we live in a society of whores. Only in such a society would a mediocre loser and a cheater get away with such murder while the common working man is **** on every day. Money will buy souls nowadays.

Last edited by Billgrus; 01-17-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: NFL Coaching Study Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgrus View Post

Ok, is this some sort of paid off gimmick or sick joke? Paul Brown had a losing record and never won a superbowl. What did he ever do to garner so much respect? This article also mentions Belicheat, an admitted cheater who somehow got away with it after no repercussions. Who gets paid to write this crap? Paul Brown was an overall loser who never won it all. Belicheat should have been banned from the NFL years ago. Too bad we live in a society of whores. Only in such a society would a mediocre loser and a cheater get away with such murder while the common working man is **** on every day. Money will buy souls nowadays.
Ok, is this your time of month? I'm sensing a lot of butthurtness over ol' Bill.

Bill Belichick is the man, I don't give a **** what he does to win, he finds ways to win games. I don't think think anyone here would be mad if their team went and picked up Belichick.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3571

marvin lewis is a lot like paul brown.

In ten seasons as bengals head coach, marvin is 0-4 in the playoffs.

In nine seasons as bengals head coach, paul brown is 0-3 in the playoffs.

Both "one and dunners" lol

Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16879

213 - 104- 9. Thats Browns pro coaching record with the Browns and Bengals, please go away

the NFL has history that happened before your awareness or birth.
he won 7 football championships, three high school champioships and Ohio States first national championship
5 in a row, i think
He had a freaking team named after him

Do the research.

No coach was more successful or more inventive in the game of Pro Football than Paul Brown

Last edited by Slappy from New Haven; 01-17-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
he won 7 football championships, three high school champioships and Ohio States first national championship
5 in a row, i think

Do the research.

No coach was more successful or more inventive in the game of Pro Football than Paul Brown

Oh and there is an existing thread.
lol. owned.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:42 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
Ok, is this your time of month? I'm sensing a lot of butthurtness over ol' Bill.

Bill Belichick is the man, I don't give a **** what he does to win, he finds ways to win games. I don't think think anyone here would be mad if their team went and picked up Belichick.
Well, Bill is Part of Paul Brown's coaching tree.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:42 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8384

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
213 - 104- 9. Thats Browns pro coaching record with the Browns and Bengals, please go away

5 in a row, i think

Do the research.

Yup. That about sums it up for the Father of Modern Football.

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

"I don't care if it's a passing league or not. Since the beginning of time when playoffs started championship teams are built on running the ball and stopping the run. Thatís the recipe since football started. We have to be a better team in those situations. Attacking them where we know we can beat them at."
--- Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis
Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9826

Some people have very little knowledge outside of their own team. I know a guy who could name KY basketball lineups going back 10 or more years, and had no idea who John Elway was.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 26149

Quote:

The NFL existed long before the Super Bowl.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 440

Quote:

Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36311

Paul Brown was more ahead of his time than any coach before or since, period. It's not even debatable. Coaching in the class room and coaching from the tape, not just of games, but of practices........He invented that shyte......That's pretty much all you need to know.....But in case ya didn't....40 yard dash, facemask, forward pass as more than just a gimmick, coaches calling plays instead of the QB, and on and on it goes.

People complain about PB not getting along with Jim Brown.....Jim Brown is a gaping Ahole, still is to this day, great as he was. You could say the same about PB, but Jim Brown was just Eddie George in the 60's.

Paul Brown invented methods of coaching the game of football upon which the entire profession of coaching football is still based.....So you tell me who should have backed down in that stand off?......Art Moddell chose Jim, which was understandable at the time but Paul Brown's legacy transcends the game like no other.

Every single coach since before I was born, copied PB's style. He laid out the blue print. If he could have copyrighted it, ol' Mikey boy would be richer than JP Morgan. Fuhgetaboutit.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Gotta love people who start a stupid*** thread, and then run away and hide.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1718

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Paul Brown was more ahead of his time than any coach before or since, period. It's not even debatable. Coaching in the class room and coaching from the tape, not just of games, but of practices........He invented that shyte......That's pretty much all you need to know.....But in case ya didn't....40 yard dash, facemask, forward pass as more than just a gimmick, coaches calling plays instead of the QB, and on and on it goes.

People complain about PB not getting along with Jim Brown.....Jim Brown is a gaping Ahole, still is to this day, great as he was. You could say the same about PB, but Jim Brown was just Eddie George in the 60's.

Paul Brown invented methods of coaching the game of football upon which the entire profession of coaching football is still based.....So you tell me who should have backed down in that stand off?......Art Moddell chose Jim, which was understandable at the time but Paul Brown's legacy transcends the game like no other.

Every single coach since before I was born, copied PB's style. He laid out the blue print. If he could have copyrighted it, ol' Mikey boy would be richer than JP Morgan. Fuhgetaboutit.
So... yeah... Paul Brown seems to be the embodiment of Super Coach. Did Mike Brown grow up in a different household? I mean, Mike Brown seems to be the polar opposite of Paul Brown. Mike Brown wasn't adopted, was he? Maybe that's the explanation. He actually doesn't share any DNA with Paul Brown.

How does the son of the man who molded the modern NFL into what it is today become the laughing stock of that same NFL? How is this even possible?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12566

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
So... yeah... Paul Brown seems to be the embodiment of Super Coach. Did Mike Brown grow up in a different household? I mean, Mike Brown seems to be the polar opposite of Paul Brown. Mike Brown wasn't adopted, was he? Maybe that's the explanation. He actually doesn't share any DNA with Paul Brown.

How does the son of the man who molded the modern NFL into what it is today become the laughing stock of that same NFL? How is this even possible?
Fans have been asking themselves this since MB took over. This is nothing new.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 01-18-2013, 10:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1718

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Fans have been asking themselves this since MB took over. This is nothing new.
It may not be nothing new, but it still boggles the mind.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3571

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post

Yeah, imagine the games today..all those broken noses and bloodied faces if PB didn't invent the facemask.
No one else would have ever thought of the face mask idea if PB was never born.

If it wasn't for PB, no one would have ever came up with the idea throwing the ball downfield or of studying film.

You guys act as though PB invented the motion picture camera.
With all the "genius" you people bestow upon him, you'd think he'd at least be able to come up with a cure for cancer.

Anyone could have come up with those ideas. If he didn't, then someone else would have.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:33 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
It may not be nothing new, but it still boggles the mind.
I'm guessing that happens a lot.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 01-18-2013, 10:56 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 60486

Quote:
I bet your dad was a genius.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:43 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Yeah, imagine the games today..all those broken noses and bloodied faces if PB didn't invent the facemask.

If it wasn't for PB, no one would have ever came up with the idea throwing the ball downfield or of studying film.

With all the "genius" you people bestow upon him, you'd think he'd at least be able to come up with a cure for cancer.

Anyone could have come up with those ideas. If he didn't, then someone else would have.
How many innovations have Steelers' coaches come up with?

Go ahead, I'll wait.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:43 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11292

Quote:

We like to hope it just skipped a generation and that Katie Blackburn isn't a total waste of space like dear old dad.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
How many innovations have Steelers' coaches come up with?

Go ahead, I'll wait.
So you don't consider LeBeau to be innovative at all?

Old 01-18-2013, 12:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 18316

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
So you don't consider LeBeau to be innovative at all?

By Woodley's logic, if LeBeau hadn't started to blitz like that someone else would have.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:16 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdock2420 View Post
By Woodley's logic, if LeBeau hadn't started to blitz like that someone else would have.
This is why you should never listen to Woodley's logic.

Technically he is correct, but that does not dismiss the fact that the person who "did" come up with the idea should not get credit just because...well..eventually someone would have.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9826

Quote:

Someone would have eventually invented just about everything we have. From now on, all innovations will just be labeled anonymous.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2026

Quote:

So he shouldn't get said credit simply because someone else could've come up with it?

He came up with it. He gets the credit. Its pretty simple. There's no doubt PB is one of the most important football figures of all time.