Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4929
Default Be aggressive, B E aggressive

Kind of bored and kicking around a concept. Jarvis Jones could possibly be looking at a draft day slide due to his spinal stenosis, which is understandable as it is a fairly serious issue. How far would he need to slide to make it worth while to trade up to secure? I looked at the trade chart and the teams ahead of us and the ideal position to move to in this event would be St. Louis at 16. That pick would be worth 1000. We could swap our 1st (800) and the Raiders 2nd (510) and a 2nd next year (@180pts) for St Louis 1st and 2nd (420) this year. Not bad at all for the most dynamic player in the draft.

Then I started to lament the inability to select Alec Ogletree, after all he is dynamic as well. Well, luckily we have 2 2nds to play with. By trading both our 2nds and 5th (822 pts) for the Texans 1st and 3rd (816 pts) we could also select Alec Ogletree! Great Success! LB is now not a problem for the next 5 to 6 years and a great weakness becomes a massive strength. I know this is most likely not going to happen, but it's more an exercise in what could happen with a front office determined to improve their team.

The draft would look something like this
1. Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
1b. Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
3. Montee Ball, RB Wisconsin
3b. Baccari Rambo, S, Georgia
4. Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
5 comp. Tavarres King, WR, Georgia
6. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
6b. Kerwynn Williams, RB, Utah State
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Last edited by Burma; 01-18-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 433
Default Re: Be aggressive, B E aggressive

If we do this can we use two of our remaining picks and get Bacarri Rambo and Shawn Williams? Im a huge Georgia fan and Im all for this. Better yet lets move Marvin to GM, Zimmer to HC and bring in Todd Grantham to transition us to a 3-4 D. While this is all sarcasm I don't mean to disrespect the hard work I just mean to say Go Dawgs I mean Bengals.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4929

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalDawg View Post
If we do this can we use two of our remaining picks and get Bacarri Rambo and Shawn Williams? Im a huge Georgia fan and Im all for this. Better yet lets move Marvin to GM, Zimmer to HC and bring in Todd Grantham to transition us to a 3-4 D. While this is all sarcasm I don't mean to disrespect the hard work I just mean to say Go Dawgs I mean Bengals.
No offense taken. This is a "for fun" exercise, not a serious mock. Sometimes bossing the underlings around gets boring and I start staring at the old trade chart.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 01-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Veteran Member

You might be able to sell this idea to MB because Sanford Stadium (UGAs field) sells out every game every year and we could add about 90,000 screaming southerners to the jungle
Old 01-18-2013, 06:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8509

If this were to happen, hopefully it would turn out better than the last time we took 2 Georgia LBs with our first two picks!

I all seriousness; this would be really interesting.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 296

this would be epic
Old 01-18-2013, 09:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 40067

I like it. They have some good coaches at Georgia.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
I like it. They have some good coaches at Georgia.
I walked on and played LB at FSU when Mark Richt was the OC there. He was by far the smartest coach we had and just a good human being. I remember playing scout team against his offense and he would pull me aside after I made a good play and ask me what I saw to be in position to make the play. The RB coach normally would be accusing me of knowing the play(like I would even know what the offenses plays meant, I had enough to learn on the defensive side), but Coach Richt reckognized my bread and butter was read and react as almost all the other LB's were bigger and faster then me. He would ask me why I would read plays one way when they were trying to influence me another way.

We were getting ready to play Miami and I was acting as Dan Morgan for the week. We were in goal line period and I batted away a play action dump to the tight end because the lineman's weight weren't going forward and you can just tell when a FB is coming to lead block you or if he is going to pass block or release into a route. The RB coach stopped practice and yelled at me and told me to stop stealing his signals and that Dan Morgan was a killer and would be coming to take on that back inside the 5 yard line and would be in no position to make that play. Well right before the first half ended we were inside the 10 yard line and tried the same play and Dan Morgan picked it off and ran it back about 45 yards. A few games later the same RB coach was singing his old song about me(don't know why he hated me) and Coach Richt told him to shut it and said "why don't you ask him what he saw because he sure was right Miami week."

Ever since then I of course have been a huge fan of his. I thought it was just real cool of him to take the time to talk to me about plays in practice and I learned alot about playing defense just by what he was telling me the offense was trying to do. Great Guy and I couldn't believe before the season when some UGA backers were calling for his head. UGA likes to hold themselves in high regard when the fact is they hadn't done much in the last two decades before he got there.

That was long. Sorry got caught up reminising.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791

Quote:
Grantham?

He had 8 players on defense with NFL talent who will most likely be drafted this spring, the defense ranked 27th in the nation, and they gave up 44 points to Tennessee.

With that much talent they should have performed better.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Grantham?

He had 8 players on defense with NFL talent who will most likely be drafted this spring, the defense ranked 27th in the nation, and they gave up 44 points to Tennessee.

With that much talent they should have performed better.

Tell that to the Eagles who are currently courting him to be their next DC. You are right they were lack luster this year but the previous year those same guys on D had a top 5 unit
Old 01-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791

Quote:
Tell that to the Eagles who are currently courting him to be their next DC. You are right they were lack luster this year but the previous year those same guys on D had a top 5 unit
When he was the Browns' DC from 2005-2007 his defenses ranked 16th, 27th, and 30th.

I'd rather have him coaching a division rival's defense than the Bengals' defense.