Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Location: So far out that the Sun sets between my place & town
Rep Points: 7309
Default Do you think we could get a complete coaching staff from the ranks of this msg board?

Any volunteers? Any nominees? We seem to have some pretty sharp fellas in here. Just ask them, they'll tell ya.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 14045
Default Re: Do you think we could get a complete coaching staff from the ranks of this msg bo

We are all back seat.....I mean HD-TV recliner coaches.

The best in the business and legends in our own minds as well.

So yes, believe so.

Heck, my fantasy team finished third. What more do you want.

Last edited by Go Cards; 01-18-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17922
Default Re: Do you think we could get a complete coaching staff from the ranks of this msg bo

No
Old 01-18-2013, 08:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11236

There are more Jason Allens then there are coaches.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Location: So far out that the Sun sets between my place & town
Rep Points: 7309

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsRocker View Post
There are more Jason Allens then there are coaches.
I guess I am out because I don't even know who Jason Allen is.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:02 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 38188

No, not at all, not a single one lol.

I could def handle being equipment manager though.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:03 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 105

I think so.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 30155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Shula View Post
I think so.
That earned some rep from me, Coach!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 291

I could do what Billy Bellichick did with Patriots, but no I prefer to serv the Navy.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2541

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcholas View Post
I could do what Billy Bellichick did with Patriots, but no I prefer to serv the Navy.
We thank you for your service Carlton Banks.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
I think so.
Lulz, it just became less likely with this guy around.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11718

I've got coaching experience. Little league football 2nd team HC for 4 years. Undeafeated all 4 years!

(We didn't keep score at that age. LOL)
Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73842

I'll throw my name in
Old 01-18-2013, 10:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2632

I'm your Kuckleberry!!

Old 01-18-2013, 11:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 30155

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Lulz, it just became less likely with this guy around.
Um, you realize the poster uses the name Dave_Shula actually is Dave Shula? Look, uh, I'm going to be honest here: I think it's cool as crap that a former Bengal head coach -- and the son of coaching legend Don Shula -- is posting on this message board. While we all know the Bengals' record under Coach Shula was not what anyone wanted it to be, I think some respect is due to Coach Shula on this site. Have any of us ever been an NFL head coach? No. Have any of us experience real pressure on the sideline? No. Is anyone else on here the son or even a sibling of a coaching legend? No.

Coach Shula doesn't post on here very much because some of the comments aimed at him are really below the belt -- although SavageHenry54 was just joking in good taste -- but I wish Coach Shula would post more. I would say Coach Shula knows more about football than all of us on this message board combined and if people here would stop with the cheap shots, I think he would post more and we could learn a lot from him. It's not every day regular fans like us have access to a former head coach's mind and I think we need to encourage him to talk.

Let's learn from someone who has been there and from someone whose father was among the best coaches in NFL history. Coach Shula can teach us things we need to know to become better students of the game as well as better fans of our Cincinnati Bengals.

C'mon, Coach! Talk to us.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 408

Coach shula actually posted some really good info about the organization a few years back, and was pretty humble about his shortcomings, but the mods deleted it for some reason.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:33 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24917

There's a whole lot of people who I want nowhere NEAR the scouting department. Have you seen some of those mocks? Jesus!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:42 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Um, you realize the poster uses the name Dave_Shula actually is Dave Shula? Look, uh, I'm going to be honest here: I think it's cool as crap that a former Bengal head coach -- and the son of coaching legend Don Shula -- is posting on this message board. While we all know the Bengals' record under Coach Shula was not what anyone wanted it to be, I think some respect is due to Coach Shula on this site. Have any of us ever been an NFL head coach? No. Have any of us experience real pressure on the sideline? No. Is anyone else on here the son or even a sibling of a coaching legend? No.

Coach Shula doesn't post on here very much because some of the comments aimed at him are really below the belt -- although SavageHenry54 was just joking in good taste -- but I wish Coach Shula would post more. I would say Coach Shula knows more about football than all of us on this message board combined and if people here would stop with the cheap shots, I think he would post more and we could learn a lot from him. It's not every day regular fans like us have access to a former head coach's mind and I think we need to encourage him to talk.

Let's learn from someone who has been there and from someone whose father was among the best coaches in NFL history. Coach Shula can teach us things we need to know to become better students of the game as well as better fans of our Cincinnati Bengals.

I did not know that and wouldn't have taken that shot if I thought for one second it was actually him. And as per my first reply in this thread, there ain't a single poster on here that has any business doing anything related to this team other than managing the equipment or some krap. I could not agree more that Dave Shula knows more about coaching a pro team than all of us combined, period.

You can be good at analyzing and discussing the game and THINK you got it all figured out but really, the people on boards like this really do tend to overrate their knowledge of the game. They're def outta their gords if they think they can just show up and coach a pro team.

P.S.......U sure ol' boy ain't Te'o-ing you. How do you know it's him?
Old 01-19-2013, 01:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post

Old 01-19-2013, 02:11 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 692

Did I miss another thread implosion?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-19-2013, 02:28 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73842

Quote:
I think so.
Man, if you somehow got me an internship...
Old 01-19-2013, 02:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381

Most on this board (myself included) would have a hard time selling tickets for the team, let alone coaching.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Rep Points: 25153

I... don't really know what to say, but I feel as if I should post something clever...still nothing comes to mind. I think it would be cool to be a O.C. for one game against a 1-14 team...It would be like real life virtual Madden.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:59 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26097

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
P.S.......U sure ol' boy ain't Te'o-ing you. How do you know it's him?
I will never again believe that an online person is who they say they are. If this is really Dave Shula,...I'm going to need some hard facts!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:12 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
I will never again believe that an online person is who they say they are. If this is really Dave Shula,...I'm going to need some hard facts!
Ask him to mail you a steak.