Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791
Default Re: Zero Dark 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
Eh I never could get into Black Hawk Down. I may like it.
I wanted to see this movie and expected to like it.

While I didn't hate it, I didn't like it as much as I expected.

I'll probably need to watch it again to form a final opinion.

I think in addition to telling the story, I believe the director also wanted to spark conversations about the content of the story, mission accomplished.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
I wanted to see this movie and expected to like it.

While I didn't hate it, I didn't like it as much as I expected.

I'll probably need to watch it again to form a final opinion.

I think in addition to telling the story, I believe the director also wanted to spark conversations about the content of the story, mission accomplished.
I'm taking my little brother to go see it. He picked it. I enjoy almost any movie whether it has bad acting or not..I really love when big name actors aren't in a movie.

So point being I was reading the reviews for him. I think he expects there to be a TON of action
Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm taking my little brother to go see it. He picked it. I enjoy almost any movie whether it has bad acting or not..I really love when big name actors aren't in a movie.

So point being I was reading the reviews for him. I think he expects there to be a TON of action
There isn't a ton of action. If that is what he is expecting, I doubt he will enjoy this movie.

Two couples left the theater during the torture scenes. So I wouldn't recommend the movie for your little brother if he is very young.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18257

Quote:
There isn't a ton of action. If that is what he is expecting, I doubt he will enjoy this movie.

Two couples left the theater during the torture scenes. So I wouldn't recommend the movie for your little brother if he is very young.
12. Gah. Dammit lol Thanks for the heads up man.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
12. Gah. Dammit lol Thanks for the heads up man.
You'll see more gore in a slasher flick, but everyone has their own tolerance for that sort of thing.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19557

I saw the movie last night. It was ok, after the first 40 minutes. I was expecting the crowd to clap after we got Bin Laden or after the movie ended. But all I heard was quiet and the crowd leaving the theater as zombies.

One question for all that watched the movie. The scene where the President was being interviewed where he states we don't tortue. Was that a dig at Obama in which the writer of the movie was portraying Obama as not knowing what he was talking about or was Obama being coy[political liar] in that he knew we tortuted but he was not going to admit it?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
I saw the movie last night. It was ok, after the first 40 minutes. I was expecting the crowd to clap after we got Bin Laden or after the movie ended. But all I heard was quiet and the crowd leaving the theater as zombies.

One question for all that watched the movie. The scene where the President was being interviewed where he states we don't tortue. Was that a dig at Obama in which the writer of the movie was portraying Obama as not knowing what he was talking about or was Obama being coy[political liar] in that he knew we tortuted but he was not going to admit it?
I don't think it was a dig. I believe it was foreshadowing. Later in the movie after they discovered the compound in Abbottabad they couldn't confirm the identity of the third male inside. Mark Stong's character, George, asked how he was supposed to verify the identiy of the third male since he didn't have the enhanced interrogation program to verify the third male's identity because the program was no longer active. The segment with Obama explains why the program was no longer active for him to use to get the confirmation they wanted to green light a raid.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:22 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19557

Quote:
I don't think it was a dig. I believe it was foreshadowing. Later in the movie after they discovered the compound in Abbottabad they couldn't confirm the identity of the third male inside. Mark Stong's character, George, asked how he was supposed to verify the identiy of the third male since he didn't have the enhanced interrogation program to verify the third male's identity because the program was no longer active. The segment with Obama explains why the program was no longer active for him to use to get the confirmation they wanted to green light a raid.

Thanks for clearing it up.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

Haven't seen it...will this week though.

I want to believe the SEALS went in and took care of business. Unfortunately since the government allowed them to make this movie I'm now skeptical and think it actually is most likely he was dead well before that day in a cave. Propaganda machine in full force.

I still can't wait to see it though, and may cheer during the torture scene.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 05-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
When were you in? I was with the 7th infantry division located in Monterey Ca. We trained at Camp Roberts and Fort Irwin. As I have said we fired at those ranges not for accuracy or for any other reason except to show that a round could carry that far. We fired at a max of 300 meters for qualification. With the M-60 we fired at 800 meters for qualification.
Considering the time period I was in and the diversity of our superiors who were in Nam. The distinguished themselves according to their role in Vietnam. Thus even though today they are called special forces, back then with our unit, they separated themselves as Green Beret, Navy Seal, 7th Cav, etc.
I also say Green Beret because a lot of people here have no military experience and may not be aware that all of those units I mentioned with the exception of the 7th cav are considered special forces.
We did a lot of things that don't make since, but as we were told there were a lot of mistakes made in Nam that led to a lot of casualties, that could have been prevented had there been proper training. But it was a situation where there was a lot of uncertainty as to what they were getting into, and they did not want to make the same mistake, so we were trained based on the experiences learned the hard way in Nam. Just because a lot of our superiors were spec ops in Nam is irrelevant, we also had NCO's that were in the air force when they served in Nam.
I've been waiting for this liar to crawl out from under his rock.

When did he get banned?