Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 282
Default A Different Mock

How would you guys feel about this if :
- We re-sign all of our key FA's (Andre, MJ, Pacman, Gilberry, Hawkins, Brown, Huber, Howard, etc.)
- We sign either someone to play SLB or MLB (or move Burfict here and Thomas starts WILL).
- We sign a receiver to play opposite of AJ Green.

Draft

1.) Kenny Vaccarro S Texas

2a.) Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State

2b.) Joesph Randle RB Oklahoma State

3.) Tank Carradine DE Florida State

4.) Gerald Hodges LB Penn State

5.) Tavarres King WR Georgia

6a.) Michael Williams TE Alabama

6b.) Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt

Last edited by RCBengalsFan; 01-20-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2432
Default Re: A Different Mock

I like it. Vaccaro is one of my favorites. Poyer is really talented and I wouldn't hate the pick but we could look at other positions here as well. If we don't land Bernard then Randle would be a great backup plan. Probably the 2nd best fit for our needs.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:08 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

Interesting approach. Fill half important needs with free agents, and fill the other half with draft picks.

While I don't think it's the best pick, you really can't have enough good CB's. So I'd be ok with the Poyer pick, considering some people on these boards consider him the next J. Joe. IMO, I'd rather get him at 2b and get Bernard at 2a. But I can see him not making it to 2b and Randle is my 2nd favorite RB in this class... Wow, I didn't even realize I just reiterated JungleRocks post...

I've heard nothing but good things from Hodges this offseason. So him the 4th is becoming unlikely. But who knows anything from Shrine bowl practices in January?

All in all, good job

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 01-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBengalsFan View Post
- We re-sign all of our key FA's (Andre, MJ, Pacman, Gilberry, Hawkins, Brown, Huber, Howard, etc.)
- We sign either someone to play SLB or MLB (or move Burfict here and Thomas starts WILL).

Draft

I see you didnt address the OL at all and I dont get why eveyone is in panic mode for a receiver since it usually takes 2 years to come into there own.Torry Smith and Julio Jones didnt do anything there first year.I say this is there year to show up or we find a #2 receiver.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:52 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29202

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
I see you didnt address the OL at all and I dont get why eveyone is in panic mode for a receiver since it usually takes 2 years to come into there own.Torry Smith and Julio Jones didnt do anything there first year.I say this is there year to show up or we find a #2 receiver.
O-line is not a need if we re-sign Andre.

Other than depth.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
Interesting approach. Fill half important needs with free agents, and fill the other half with draft picks.

While I don't think it's the best pick, you really can't have enough good CB's. So I'd be ok with the Poyer pick, considering some people on these boards consider him the next J. Joe. IMO, I'd rather get him at 2b and get Bernard at 2a. But I can see him not making it to 2b and Randle is my 2nd favorite RB in this class... Wow, I didn't even realize I just reiterated JungleRocks post...

I've heard nothing but good things from Hodges this offseason. So him the 4th is becoming unlikely. But who knows anything from Shrine bowl practices in January?

All in all, good job
The way I'm seeing it is getting youth at that position. Newman and Clements are older than dirt, Pacman won't be here forever, and Leon is creeping up there too. Also, Kirk is unproven as well as Ghee. I don't necessarily think we need to draft a CB high this year, but like you said, you can never have enough good corners. Just consider it a BPA pick .
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
O-line is not a need if we re-sign Andre.

Other than depth.
Thank you, someone who agrees with me.

How would you feel about this draft?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21020

We gave up alot of sacks. I think we need to upgrade the OLine, specifically Center. Putting Cook back in the offense changed the chemsitry and we never recovered. Maybe Robinson is the guy, but Marvin has to get over his love for vets over youth. If youth is dong the job, leave it the hell alone!! Ask Dunlap.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
We gave up alot of sacks. I think we need to upgrade the OLine, specifically Center. Putting Cook back in the offense changed the chemsitry and we never recovered. Maybe Robinson is the guy, but Marvin has to get over his love for vets over youth. If youth is dong the job, leave it the hell alone!! Ask Dunlap.
Cook has shown in the past he is a good center. I'm not going to cut him because of one bad season that was due to injury and lack of continuity not his play slipping.

Now, if he does not play well in 2013 it's time to look for a hew guy, or elevate Robinson.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Thank you, someone who agrees with me.

How would you feel about this draft?
Pretty solid. I like the first 3 picks a lot.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21020

Quote:
Cook has shown in the past he is a good center. I'm not going to cut him because of one bad season that was due to injury and lack of continuity not his play slipping.

Now, if he does not play well in 2013 it's time to look for a hew guy, or elevate Robinson.
Maybe so with Cook, but it really wasn't right what Marvin did to put him back in there and keep playing him in spite of his lack of performance. But that's a different issue. I'd kind of hate to spend a pick on an Olineman early in the draft because there are other positions that we need to upgrade more. Barrett Jones wouldn't be a bad pick, but I think I'd rather take Lacy or Bernard in the first two rounds.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Maybe so with Cook, but it really wasn't right what Marvin did to put him back in there and keep playing him in spite of his lack of performance. But that's a different issue. I'd kind of hate to spend a pick on an Olineman early in the draft because there are other positions that we need to upgrade more. Barrett Jones wouldn't be a bad pick, but I think I'd rather take Lacy or Bernard in the first two rounds.
I think that safety is a bigger concern than the Oline. I agree Jones wouldn't be choice for maybe our 2a, but I don't think he makes it past the Packers in the 1st.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7143

Quote:

When has Cook shown in the past that he is a good center?

Adequate, maybe. Improvement over Ghiacuc, absolutely.

But, good? Top half of the NFL? I don't think so.

Question: How far did the Bengals oline play fall when the UDFA rookie (Robinson) started in the middle of the season? Not too far, if at all.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/matt-birk/
Matt Birk is scheduled to be paid $3.45 million next year and the next year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnat...als/kyle-cook/
Kyle Cook is scheduled to be paid $3.34 million next year and the following and the following.

Where do you value Cook? $101 less than Birk? I don't think so. They are night and day apart.

Last edited by mulligan; 01-21-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 127

Quote:

Draft

i like it, every player fits some need, but as much as like randle, i don't like him with pick 53, still would feel better grabbing either margus hunt there and randle with pick in 3rd round or top lb depending on what's available, our lb's were exposed when it came to covering te or rb's out of the backfield, def need to resign a few of our key guys, let the old cb's and safety go their way past being anything good