Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-20-2013, 11:36 PM
RCBengalsFan RCBengalsFan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 209
Rep Points: 282
Default A Different Mock

How would you guys feel about this if :
- We re-sign all of our key FA's (Andre, MJ, Pacman, Gilberry, Hawkins, Brown, Huber, Howard, etc.)
- We sign either someone to play SLB or MLB (or move Burfict here and Thomas starts WILL).
- We sign a receiver to play opposite of AJ Green.


Draft

1.) Kenny Vaccarro S Texas

2a.) Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State

2b.) Joesph Randle RB Oklahoma State

3.) Tank Carradine DE Florida State

4.) Gerald Hodges LB Penn State

5.) Tavarres King WR Georgia

6a.) Michael Williams TE Alabama

6b.) Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt

Last edited by RCBengalsFan; 01-20-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:53 AM
JungleRock85's Avatar
JungleRock85 JungleRock85 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portsmouth, Ohio
Posts: 1,875
Rep Points: 2432
Default Re: A Different Mock

I like it. Vaccaro is one of my favorites. Poyer is really talented and I wouldn't hate the pick but we could look at other positions here as well. If we don't land Bernard then Randle would be a great backup plan. Probably the 2nd best fit for our needs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-21-2013, 01:08 AM
Natikid873's Avatar
Natikid873 Natikid873 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queen City
Posts: 1,112
Rep Points: 1128
Default Re: A Different Mock

Interesting approach. Fill half important needs with free agents, and fill the other half with draft picks.

While I don't think it's the best pick, you really can't have enough good CB's. So I'd be ok with the Poyer pick, considering some people on these boards consider him the next J. Joe. IMO, I'd rather get him at 2b and get Bernard at 2a. But I can see him not making it to 2b and Randle is my 2nd favorite RB in this class... Wow, I didn't even realize I just reiterated JungleRocks post...

I've heard nothing but good things from Hodges this offseason. So him the 4th is becoming unlikely. But who knows anything from Shrine bowl practices in January?

All in all, good job
__________________

CINwillWIN is the man
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-21-2013, 04:34 AM
BengalBuckeye BengalBuckeye is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 223
Rep Points: 152
Default Re: A Different Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBengalsFan View Post
How would you guys feel about this if :
- We re-sign all of our key FA's (Andre, MJ, Pacman, Gilberry, Hawkins, Brown, Huber, Howard, etc.)
- We sign either someone to play SLB or MLB (or move Burfict here and Thomas starts WILL).
- We sign a receiver to play opposite of AJ Green.


Draft

1.) Kenny Vaccarro S Texas

2a.) Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State

2b.) Joesph Randle RB Oklahoma State

3.) Tank Carradine DE Florida State

4.) Gerald Hodges LB Penn State

5.) Tavarres King WR Georgia

6a.) Michael Williams TE Alabama

6b.) Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt
I see you didnt address the OL at all and I dont get why eveyone is in panic mode for a receiver since it usually takes 2 years to come into there own.Torry Smith and Julio Jones didnt do anything there first year.I say this is there year to show up or we find a #2 receiver.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Jasonew6's Avatar
Jasonew6 Jasonew6 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,622
Rep Points: 29202
Default Re: A Different Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
I see you didnt address the OL at all and I dont get why eveyone is in panic mode for a receiver since it usually takes 2 years to come into there own.Torry Smith and Julio Jones didnt do anything there first year.I say this is there year to show up or we find a #2 receiver.
O-line is not a need if we re-sign Andre.

Other than depth.
__________________

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
RCBengalsFan RCBengalsFan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 209
Rep Points: 282
Default Re: A Different Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
Interesting approach. Fill half important needs with free agents, and fill the other half with draft picks.

While I don't think it's the best pick, you really can't have enough good CB's. So I'd be ok with the Poyer pick, considering some people on these boards consider him the next J. Joe. IMO, I'd rather get him at 2b and get Bernard at 2a. But I can see him not making it to 2b and Randle is my 2nd favorite RB in this class... Wow, I didn't even realize I just reiterated JungleRocks post...

I've heard nothing but good things from Hodges this offseason. So him the 4th is becoming unlikely. But who knows anything from Shrine bowl practices in January?

All in all, good job
The way I'm seeing it is getting youth at that position. Newman and Clements are older than dirt, Pacman won't be here forever, and Leon is creeping up there too. Also, Kirk is unproven as well as Ghee. I don't necessarily think we need to draft a CB high this year, but like you said, you can never have enough good corners. Just consider it a BPA pick .
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
RCBengalsFan RCBengalsFan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 209
Rep Points: 282
Default Re: A Different Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
O-line is not a need if we re-sign Andre.

Other than depth.
Thank you, someone who agrees with me.

How would you feel about this draft?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Shady is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 9,796
Rep Points: 21020
Default Re: A Different Mock

We gave up alot of sacks. I think we need to upgrade the OLine, specifically Center. Putting Cook back in the offense changed the chemsitry and we never recovered. Maybe Robinson is the guy, but Marvin has to get over his love for vets over youth. If youth is dong the job, leave it the hell alone!! Ask Dunlap.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Jasonew6's Avatar
Jasonew6 Jasonew6 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,622
Rep Points: 29202
Default Re: A Different Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
We gave up alot of sacks. I think we need to upgrade the OLine, specifically Center. Putting Cook back in the offense changed the chemsitry and we never recovered. Maybe Robinson is the guy, but Marvin has to get over his love for vets over youth. If youth is dong the job, leave it the hell alone!! Ask Dunlap.
Cook has shown in the past he is a good center. I'm not going to cut him because of one bad season that was due to injury and lack of continuity not his play slipping.

Now, if he does not play well in 2013 it's time to look for a hew guy, or elevate Robinson.
__________________

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Jasonew6's Avatar
Jasonew6 Jasonew6 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,622
Rep Points: 29202
Default Re: A Different Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBengalsFan View Post
Thank you, someone who agrees with me.

How would you feel about this draft?
Pretty solid. I like the first 3 picks a lot.
__________________

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Shady is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 9,796
Rep Points: 21020
Default Re: A Different Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Cook has shown in the past he is a good center. I'm not going to cut him because of one bad season that was due to injury and lack of continuity not his play slipping.

Now, if he does not play well in 2013 it's time to look for a hew guy, or elevate Robinson.
Maybe so with Cook, but it really wasn't right what Marvin did to put him back in there and keep playing him in spite of his lack of performance. But that's a different issue. I'd kind of hate to spend a pick on an Olineman early in the draft because there are other positions that we need to upgrade more. Barrett Jones wouldn't be a bad pick, but I think I'd rather take Lacy or Bernard in the first two rounds.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-21-2013, 03:20 PM
RCBengalsFan RCBengalsFan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 209
Rep Points: 282
Default Re: A Different Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Maybe so with Cook, but it really wasn't right what Marvin did to put him back in there and keep playing him in spite of his lack of performance. But that's a different issue. I'd kind of hate to spend a pick on an Olineman early in the draft because there are other positions that we need to upgrade more. Barrett Jones wouldn't be a bad pick, but I think I'd rather take Lacy or Bernard in the first two rounds.
I think that safety is a bigger concern than the Oline. I agree Jones wouldn't be choice for maybe our 2a, but I don't think he makes it past the Packers in the 1st.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-21-2013, 10:27 PM
mulligan mulligan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 11,905
Rep Points: 7143
Default Re: A Different Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Cook has shown in the past he is a good center. I'm not going to cut him because of one bad season that was due to injury and lack of continuity not his play slipping.

Now, if he does not play well in 2013 it's time to look for a hew guy, or elevate Robinson.
When has Cook shown in the past that he is a good center?

Adequate, maybe. Improvement over Ghiacuc, absolutely.

But, good? Top half of the NFL? I don't think so.

Question: How far did the Bengals oline play fall when the UDFA rookie (Robinson) started in the middle of the season? Not too far, if at all.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/matt-birk/
Matt Birk is scheduled to be paid $3.45 million next year and the next year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnat...als/kyle-cook/
Kyle Cook is scheduled to be paid $3.34 million next year and the following and the following.

Where do you value Cook? $101 less than Birk? I don't think so. They are night and day apart.

Last edited by mulligan; 01-21-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 PM
arsonist7 arsonist7 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: white oak
Posts: 220
Rep Points: 127
Default Re: A Different Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBengalsFan View Post
How would you guys feel about this if :
- We re-sign all of our key FA's (Andre, MJ, Pacman, Gilberry, Hawkins, Brown, Huber, Howard, etc.)
- We sign either someone to play SLB or MLB (or move Burfict here and Thomas starts WILL).
- We sign a receiver to play opposite of AJ Green.


Draft

1.) Kenny Vaccarro S Texas

2a.) Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State

2b.) Joesph Randle RB Oklahoma State

3.) Tank Carradine DE Florida State

4.) Gerald Hodges LB Penn State

5.) Tavarres King WR Georgia

6a.) Michael Williams TE Alabama

6b.) Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt
i like it, every player fits some need, but as much as like randle, i don't like him with pick 53, still would feel better grabbing either margus hunt there and randle with pick in 3rd round or top lb depending on what's available, our lb's were exposed when it came to covering te or rb's out of the backfield, def need to resign a few of our key guys, let the old cb's and safety go their way past being anything good
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.