Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > General Sports Discussion > College Football

College Football Now all you Buckeyes homers have your own place to talk about your favorite team.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5060
Default Speaking of Urban

SHORT STUFF: How decisively was Notre Dame destroyed by Alabama on Monday night? Let me put it this way: It was so bad that Touchdown Jesus lowered his hands and put them over his eyes. Even he couldn't bear to watch. And is it just coincidence that Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly decided to interview with the Philadelphia Eagles after that Bama beatdown? Nick Saban must be one bad hombre. He beat Urban Meyer so badly, Meyer quit at Florida a few days later. And now he's beaten Notre Dame so badly, Kelly is thinking about high-tailing it to the NFL. Speaking of Urban, did you see where former Gator running back Chris Rainey was cut by the Pittsburgh Steelers after being arrested for hitting his girlfriend? Yes, the same Chris Rainey who threatened to kill his girlfriend via text message at UF but was allowed back on the team by Meyer. It's pretty sad when an NFL franchise has more ethics and principles than one of our institutions of higher earning, er, learning.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...bref=obnetwork
Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28443
Default Re: Speaking of Urban

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsofsteel View Post
SHORT STUFF: How decisively was Notre Dame destroyed by Alabama on Monday night?
Notre Dame was destroyed by Alabama because Notre Dame cares about its students' education first and their prowess on the football field second. Alabama, conversely, is a football factory whose athletes don't graduate. If a Crimson Tide player isn't drafted by an NFL team, chances are you'll find him waiting tables at a Cracker Barrel or living in poverty for the rest of his life because Alabama uses up those kids and throws them aside. As long as they perform for the Tide, the rest of their lives don't matter.

Oh do I despise the SEC!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Notre Dame was destroyed by Alabama because Notre Dame cares about its students' education first and their prowess on the football field second. Alabama, conversely, is a football factory whose athletes don't graduate. If a Crimson Tide player isn't drafted by an NFL team, chances are you'll find him waiting tables at a Cracker Barrel or living in poverty for the rest of his life because Alabama uses up those kids and throws them aside. As long as they perform for the Tide, the rest of their lives don't matter.

Oh do I despise the SEC!
I agree with most of what you have said.
I would like to add that though I understand what you are saying considering the long run, as a person that has lived in Alabama for a year, understand that those kids will get special privileges for the better part of their lives as long as they continue to live in Alabama.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5060

I thought the comment about Rainey and Meyer wasn't too flattering.