Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:12 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711
Default Re: Where is the fire J. McDaniels and cut Brady thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_dey_hooligan View Post
We could have seasons like this in Cincinnati if the fan base would get serious and demand better. People are so scared that Mike Brown will take this team away, and we wont get anyone back because of the "small market". I've been hearing that **** all my life, and they are still here. You think a coach like Marvin would still be here on any other team? NO, Jacksonville wouldn't even take him, and thats Jacksonville.
You think any other GM would still be in control after no playoff win in 23 years? That is the ultimate status quo!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 30834

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
You think any other GM would still be in control after no playoff win in 23 years? That is the ultimate status quo!
Mike Brown is still in control because the Bengals are a dictatorship and he's Hitler. The only way to run him out of town is for the city and the fans of Cincinnati to boycott sponsors and stop buying overpriced merchandise from the Brown family. What are people afraid we're going to lose? A team that is always 1 year away from getting it's first playoff win in 23 years? You can be a Bengals fan and not buy merchandise or have front row seats to the game every year.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
I was just wondering where the thread is to fire Josh McDaniels (OC of Pats) and cut Tom Brady after this horrible offensive display against the weak Ravens team we play twice a year.

Well, it is tough playing on the road in the NL. Oh wait, the Pats are at home.

I will wait for all of the experts to vent their fire them all posts.
This is so absurd. There is no comparison between Andy and Brady's situations. None. Zero. Nada. Zip. Seriously stop it.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 729

Quote:
I was just wondering where the thread is to fire Josh McDaniels (OC of Pats) and cut Tom Brady after this horrible offensive display against the weak Ravens team we play twice a year.

Let me see, the Pats have made it to the Division Championship game and Mike Brown has NEVER WON a SINGLE PLAYOFF GAME IN 22 YEARS! and your point? you are making yourself look like a FOOL! so please STOP! lol
Old 01-21-2013, 02:19 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23720

Why are we such jerks?

It can only be

ALIENS
Old 01-21-2013, 03:05 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31535

I gotta admit, Brady seriously reminded me of Dalton today. Or at least how Dalton played on that 5 game streak after Sanu went down. Brady was overthrowing open receivers on deep routes, having passes swatted at the line, throwing a couple picks, throwing behind wrs etc.

The only difference is that Brady had plenty of time in the pocket.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 01-21-2013, 06:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9353

Quote:
So the hall of fame guy gets a pass for a horrible game and our second year guys gets no mercy. Same for jay Gruden.

Sorry, makes no sense to me.
Yup, pretty much the way it is..

Old 01-21-2013, 06:19 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6027

Quote:
This thread was not about Brady. That was obvious sarcasm you and others missed.

It was about our fans throwing our OC and young QB under the bus after a road playoff loss. You know our second year QB who many think should play like Manning and Brady already.

What matters is the fact that Andy has stunk it up in both those playoff losses and Gruden has not faired much better,,,especially this last one, i dont give a damn if it was gruden and andy first year, you dont NOT target your best player for an entire half,,,and you dont NOT run the ball when its clearly working,,,that is sheer stupidity that i wouldnt even expect out of rookies.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:27 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6027

i watched the first half of the raven/pats game and read up on the rest,,,there were 2 questionable punts and some bad time management before 1st half was over,,,problem is you dont see that happen with the pats often,,,with the bengals its damn near every game that absolutely dumb calls are made especially with time management. Even when we win i still see stupid things that marvin or the coaching staff wound up doing that could have cost us the game,,yes every team is going to do this once in awhile,,,we however do it all the time.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_dey_hooligan View Post
Mike Brown is still in control because the Bengals are a dictatorship and he's Hitler. The only way to run him out of town is for the city and the fans of Cincinnati to boycott sponsors and stop buying overpriced merchandise from the Brown family. What are people afraid we're going to lose? A team that is always 1 year away from getting it's first playoff win in 23 years? You can be a Bengals fan and not buy merchandise or have front row seats to the game every year.
Mike Brown has given the coaches the players, it is obvious when you watch the Bengals that it is a coaching problem.

Now Mike needs to give the players some better coaches. Time to cut ties with some of these guys who have been around for years.

Could we have better players yes, every team could say that. Zim took the players he got and made a good D. Game planned a game winning D.

Had the offense been just average the last 5 games and the playoff game we would have broken the 23 year streak. Maybe even won in DEN. Does BALT really have a roster that is that much better?

BALT roster = CIN roster
BALT coaching > CIN coaches

SF roster > CIN roster getting close
SF coaching > CIN coaching

Happy with being relevent but now we are the joke of the playoffs. Oh those Bengals.
Now Andre brings a gun to an airport and those jokes start all over.

This team hab no maaahbulls!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28268

When New England comes to Paul Brown Stadium in 2013 to play the Bengals, I want the Patriots destroyed. I want Tom Brady to hit the turf as many times as Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins, and Vontaze Burfict can get to him. I don't want Brady injured -- I'm mean but not that mean -- but I want his bell rung so hard that he will have nightmares about Cincinnati for months. I am sick of that pretty boy.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16712

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
Mike Brown has given the coaches the players, it is obvious when you watch the Bengals that it is a coaching problem.

Now Mike needs to give the players some better coaches. Time to cut ties with some of these guys who have been around for years.

Could we have better players yes, every team could say that. Zim took the players he got and made a good D. Game planned a game winning D.

Had the offense been just average the last 5 games and the playoff game we would have broken the 23 year streak. Maybe even won in DEN. Does BALT really have a roster that is that much better?

BALT roster = CIN roster
BALT coaching > CIN coaches

SF roster > CIN roster getting close
SF coaching > CIN coaching

Happy with being relevent but now we are the joke of the playoffs. Oh those Bengals.
Now Andre brings a gun to an airport and those jokes start all over.
If you think we are as talented as the Ravens or 49ers on offense, you are delusional. Ray Rice, Pierce Gore and James are more talented than any RB we have had in 10 years. Did i mention a pro bowl FB named Leach? V. Davis and Walker, Pitta and Dixon beat our TE's. The 49ers have one of if not this best OL in football. Receivers, we have AJ and a bunch of rookies and 2nd year guys.

Sorry, we are not close offensive talent wise to those two teams and not a darn thing any coach can do about that right now.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
If you think we are as talented as the Ravens or 49ers on offense, you are delusional. Ray Rice, Pierce Gore and James are more talented than any RB we have had in 10 years. Did i mention a pro bowl FB named Leach? V. Davis and Walker, Pitta and Dixon beat our TE's. The 49ers have one of if not this best OL in football. Receivers, we have AJ and a bunch of rookies and 2nd year guys.

Sorry, we are not close offensive talent wise to those two teams and not a darn thing any coach can do about that right now.
Even defensively...SF has 6 Pro Bowl players. If this were Madden SF would be a 97 and we'd be an 87 overall.

We're just good enough to get to the playoffs and lose 3 of the past 4 years...which means our talent level has stayed the same and not improved.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
i watched the first half of the raven/pats game and read up on the rest,,,there were 2 questionable punts and some bad time management before 1st half was over,,,problem is you dont see that happen with the pats often,,,.
Good point ... it was an uncharacteristically sloppy game by the Pats. Between the clock mismanagement at the end of the first half and Welker's big drop when he was wide open early in the 3rd quarter, the Pats could easily have led that game 20-7 in the third quarter. It's rare to see the Pats squander such opportunities like that.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

While one of the best teams in the NFL recently, they aren't the dominant postseason team and haven't been for 6 years.

The illegal scouting stuff they did probably is what made an elite team the best team. The margin is that small.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Mc View Post
It's rare to see the Pats squander such opportunities like that.
Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are old and stale. It's the beginning of the end for those two.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

That was crazy how they brought Mallet in to fake a punt just to get a timeout called.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Are they more talented or are the coached and used to their strengths better?

My point was that we have had different players through out the years with a similar looking team.
Skidish QB, mental lapes during the worst times, game planning, contested passes, predictability, not using players to their strengths, not covering the TE, not giving playing time to better players, etc.

Who exactly are you calling out in this thread, the fans that are still waiting for a playoff win? Just one playoff win, not SB, just one playoff win.

Quote:
Even defensively...SF has 6 Pro Bowl players. If this were Madden SF would be a 97 and we'd be an 87 overall.

We're just good enough to get to the playoffs and lose 3 of the past 4 years...which means our talent level has stayed the same and not improved.
Our Def may not have "6 PB players" but they were good enough to win a playoff game or two or three. I have said that we need to model ourselves after SF and be the 49ers of the AFC and that was before Kapernick. Our rosters are not far apart from each other.

Bringing up Madden discredited your post anyway.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:51 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 62087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Mc View Post
So .... you checked the Patriots message boards and didn't find any angry threads there?

PS Brady has 3 Superbowl rings and McDaniels was OC for the highest-scoring offense in NFL history. That kind of stuff buys coaches/players a little bit of the benefit of the doubt.
Brady threw the game clinching INT.

Dalton got his team to the playoffs in back to back seasons...in his first two seasons. That didnt buy him any benefit of the doubt.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
Are they more talented or are the coached and used to their strengths better?

My point was that we have had different players through out the years with a similar looking team.
Skidish QB, mental lapes during the worst times, game planning, contested passes, predictability, not using players to their strengths, not covering the TE, not giving playing time to better players, etc.

Who exactly are you calling out in this thread, the fans that are still waiting for a playoff win? Just one playoff win, not SB, just one playoff win.

Our Def may not have "6 PB players" but they were good enough to win a playoff game or two or three. I have said that we need to model ourselves after SF and be the 49ers of the AFC and that was before Kapernick. Our rosters are not far apart from each other.

Bringing up Madden discredited your post anyway.
We're a better offensive line, 2 RBs, a consistent TE, 2 Pro Bowl LBs, and better safeties away from SF. Is that close?

The only similarities is we both have great defensive lines, our WRs and CBs are similar.

The 49ers actually sign free agents to improve...Justin Smith, Whitner, Manningham, Moss, Carlos Rogers. Maybe had we signed impact free agents for years the gap would be smaller...but we don't. We sign value guys.

Last edited by THE PISTONS; 01-21-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35108

Quote:

Well this is a Bengals Forum... Those are patriots problems..

= Thread Fail
Old 01-21-2013, 01:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Those are patriots problems..
"Patriots problems." OOOOO! Say it again! I love hearing "Patriots" and "problems" as consecutive words in the same sentence.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
We're a better offensive line, 2 RBs, a consistent TE, 2 Pro Bowl LBs, and better safeties away from SF. Is that close?

The only similarities is we both have great defensive lines, our WRs and CBs are similar.

The 49ers actually sign free agents to improve...Justin Smith, Whitner, Manningham, Moss, Carlos Rogers. Maybe had we signed impact free agents for years the gap would be smaller...but we don't. We sign value guys.
Manningham, Moss really?

You proved my point coaches using players to their stengths, Justin Smith, Carlos Rogers, Ahmad Brooks.

Whitner and Rogers were not super stars when they signed them.

The Bills, Eagles and Skins in the past, all brought in big FA's and failed.

What big FA's did the Ravens bring in?
They brought in Pollard a FA two years ago and J. Jones, value guys. They made a
huge splash with V. Leach.

Who were NFL FA's last year that made a huge impact this year that realistically we could have signed?

How about A. Jones, Gilberry, Nelson, Newman, all value guys brought in and contributed on D. T. Howard FA would have been a big contributer.

Bengals 3 picks in the first 54, Niners 1. Bengals draft 3 starters/contributers I would say they just got even closer.

Now coaches what do you do with them.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16712

Quote:
While one of the best teams in the NFL recently, they aren't the dominant postseason team and haven't been for 6 years.

The illegal scouting stuff they did probably is what made an elite team the best team. The margin is that small.
They also have been fortunate enough to play the weakest division in football (AFCE). Put them in the AFCN and after they were beat to death, my hunch is they would have not been so dominant.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
"Patriots problems." OOOOO! Say it again! I love hearing "Patriots" and "problems" as consecutive words in the same sentence.
Yep they have a QB that just simply cant win the BIG games anymore its time for them to dump brady and look to the future with... Whats his name? Mallard?