Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 PM
coltsfan4ever's Avatar
coltsfan4ever coltsfan4ever is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,622
Rep Points: 1912
Default The upcoming Har(bowl)

First of all, congrats to the Ravens. Flacco seems to be coming on his own and it appears that I was too hasty about my opinion on Jim Caldwell. There were rumors that Peyton used to contradict most of his play calling. He appears to be not such a bad Offensive Coordinator after all.

So, now we have the teams of Jim and John Harbaugh in the Superbowl. The last time these 2 teams met, the Ravens beat the Niners. Pretty convincingly, I might add. So now, it would be interesting to hear everyone's opinion on who's going to win and why.

I'll start by saying that although my heart wants the Ravens to win, I'm afraid their defense does not have an answer to the Niner's very unusual QB, Kaepernick. I've actually never seen a QB like that guy. He can throw AND run! Equally well. It's not easy to come back from being 17 points behind in a championship game, but that kid did it. He did it with passing, running, and making some good decisions on the field. Also, the Niners defense is pretty good. It may not be as good as the Ravens, but it's good enough to win games.

Anyway, that's my opinion.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You're not coming out of Detroit with a win. lol
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Steely_J's Avatar
Steely_J Steely_J is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Roaming the North Hills of Pittsburgh
Posts: 18,595
Rep Points: 61442
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

I was actually hoping for a Har(bowl)...


I figure no matter what it will make all of their family get together's super awkward from here on out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 15,071
Rep Points: 19178
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
First of all, congrats to the Ravens. Flacco seems to be coming on his own and it appears that I was too hasty about my opinion on Jim Caldwell. There were rumors that Peyton used to contradict most of his play calling. He appears to be not such a bad Offensive Coordinator after all.

So, now we have the teams of Jim and John Harbaugh in the Superbowl. The last time these 2 teams met, the Ravens beat the Niners. Pretty convincingly, I might add. So now, it would be interesting to hear everyone's opinion on who's going to win and why.

I'll start by saying that although my heart wants the Ravens to win, I'm afraid their defense does not have an answer to the Niner's very unusual QB, Kaepernick. I've actually never seen a QB like that guy. He can throw AND run! Equally well. It's not easy to come back from being 17 points behind in a championship game, but that kid did it. He did it with passing, running, and making some good decisions on the field. Also, the Niners defense is pretty good. It may not be as good as the Ravens, but it's good enough to win games.

Anyway, that's my opinion.
My opinion is...


Around the NFL.
__________________
"We are the ones that wanna choose. Always wanna play but you never wanna lose."- Serj Tankian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-20-2013, 11:57 PM
coltsfan4ever's Avatar
coltsfan4ever coltsfan4ever is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,622
Rep Points: 1912
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
My opinion is...


Around the NFL.
Do you secretly want to be a Bengals Moderator?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You're not coming out of Detroit with a win. lol
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,324
Rep Points: 7973
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
I've actually never seen a QB like that guy. He can throw AND run! Equally well.
You must not remember McNabb in his prime.
__________________

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 AM
rotobeast's Avatar
rotobeast rotobeast is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: erf
Posts: 1,845
Rep Points: 3295
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
I'll start by saying that although my heart wants the Ravens to win.
Purely because of related pic, or are there other reasons ?
Just curious....

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM
coltsfan4ever's Avatar
coltsfan4ever coltsfan4ever is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,622
Rep Points: 1912
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotobeast View Post
Purely because of related pic, or are there other reasons ?
Just curious....

I'm actually quite aware of Jim Harbaugh's history as a Colts QB. But that's not why I think the Niners are going to win. It's because of that Kaepernick kid. He's going to be hard to stop.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You're not coming out of Detroit with a win. lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Robbie Sharp Robbie Sharp is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
Posts: 5,620
Rep Points: 8745
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Add yet another team to the list of those you "respect".
__________________
''Life's tough .......... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
-- John Wayne
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-22-2013, 09:57 AM
coltsfan4ever's Avatar
coltsfan4ever coltsfan4ever is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,622
Rep Points: 1912
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Sharp View Post
Add yet another team to the list of those you "respect".
I didn't say that I respected the Niners. I said that they will win because the Ravens don't have an answer to Kaepernick.

I actually may be removing one of the teams I respected this season. If you're wondering which team that is, their QB is No. 18. Surprised?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You're not coming out of Detroit with a win. lol
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 AM
BmorePat87's Avatar
BmorePat87 BmorePat87 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birdland
Posts: 10,813
Rep Points: 15204
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
I didn't say that I respected the Niners. I said that they will win because the Ravens don't have an answer to Kaepernick.

I actually may be removing one of the teams I respected this season. If you're wondering which team that is, their QB is No. 18. Surprised?


Peyton just heard what you said...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.



Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,298
Rep Points: 7473
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

I like the term "Brobowl" better than "Harbowl"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Woodley Woodley is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,616
Rep Points: 4544
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
I like the term "Brobowl" better than "Harbowl"
Jim and John Harbaugh...Jim and John Harbowl.
Way better.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Obamas lies... 11-21-2014 10:39 PM SociopathicSteelerFan My alter is woodley and I approve this copypasta. -SSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Election Day Waste 11-06-2014 01:25 AM SociopathicSteelerFan You're cute when you're an alter. -SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Texas is about as... 11-09-2014 02:41 PM SociopathicSteelerFan I posted this rep message because no one likes me. :( -SSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino
Because MORE elected officials should take that stand they are elected to defend the law..not the bible.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Blitzberg06's Avatar
Blitzberg06 Blitzberg06 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 8,949
Rep Points: 18257
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
First of all, congrats to the Ravens. Flacco seems to be coming on his own and it appears that I was too hasty about my opinion on Jim Caldwell. There were rumors that Peyton used to contradict most of his play calling. He appears to be not such a bad Offensive Coordinator after all.

So, now we have the teams of Jim and John Harbaugh in the Superbowl. The last time these 2 teams met, the Ravens beat the Niners. Pretty convincingly, I might add. So now, it would be interesting to hear everyone's opinion on who's going to win and why.

I'll start by saying that although my heart wants the Ravens to win, I'm afraid their defense does not have an answer to the Niner's very unusual QB, Kaepernick. I've actually never seen a QB like that guy. He can throw AND run! Equally well. It's not easy to come back from being 17 points behind in a championship game, but that kid did it. He did it with passing, running, and making some good decisions on the field. Also, the Niners defense is pretty good. It may not be as good as the Ravens, but it's good enough to win games.

Anyway, that's my opinion.
Kaepernick can be stopped.


The Ravens have faced Vick, McNabb, RG3. Kaepernick is good but he hasn't had a bad game which may mean the law of averages might catch up to him. A lot is on his shoulders in this game because if this playoff run is any indication of how Joe will preform in the Superbowl..he will have to put up some numbers. Flaccos 8 TDs..No INTs this post season is pretty impressive and the Ravens seem to have given him A LOT more freedom. Coming out in the shotgun and not feeding Rice the ball as much..I think they are trusting him more and with Pitta going over the middle..the guy is a beast..Smith going deep and Boldin on 3rd down..the Ravens may have a "elite" receiving corps. Add in the fact the defense is playing lights out. Ray Lewis is gonna have them guys hyped up and they are all trying to win one last one for Ray.

I'm gonna say Ravens 27 49ners 13.
__________________
Props to Nashville Bengal Fan! for the sig!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:57 AM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,048
Rep Points: 14806
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
I didn't say that I respected the Niners. I said that they will win because the Ravens don't have an answer to Kaepernick.

I actually may be removing one of the teams I respected this season. If you're wondering which team that is, their QB is No. 18. Surprised?
Kaepernick > Luck
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:31 PM
junglester's Avatar
junglester junglester is online now
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,160
Rep Points: 998
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Ravens win 27-13. I don't think the 49ers will establish the run.
__________________


Cleveland, we have a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Morning Star Morning Star is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,806
Rep Points: 2354
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
First of all, congrats to the Ravens. Flacco seems to be coming on his own and it appears that I was too hasty about my opinion on Jim Caldwell. There were rumors that Peyton used to contradict most of his play calling. He appears to be not such a bad Offensive Coordinator after all.

So, now we have the teams of Jim and John Harbaugh in the Superbowl. The last time these 2 teams met, the Ravens beat the Niners. Pretty convincingly, I might add. So now, it would be interesting to hear everyone's opinion on who's going to win and why.

I'll start by saying that although my heart wants the Ravens to win, I'm afraid their defense does not have an answer to the Niner's very unusual QB, Kaepernick. I've actually never seen a QB like that guy. He can throw AND run! Equally well. It's not easy to come back from being 17 points behind in a championship game, but that kid did it. He did it with passing, running, and making some good decisions on the field. Also, the Niners defense is pretty good. It may not be as good as the Ravens, but it's good enough to win games.

Anyway, that's my opinion.
Kaepernick will win the game..He is amazing!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-22-2013, 02:14 PM
BmorePat87's Avatar
BmorePat87 BmorePat87 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birdland
Posts: 10,813
Rep Points: 15204
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
Kaepernick can be stopped.


The Ravens have faced Vick, McNabb, RG3. Kaepernick is good but he hasn't had a bad game which may mean the law of averages might catch up to him. A lot is on his shoulders in this game because if this playoff run is any indication of how Joe will preform in the Superbowl..he will have to put up some numbers. Flaccos 8 TDs..No INTs this post season is pretty impressive and the Ravens seem to have given him A LOT more freedom. Coming out in the shotgun and not feeding Rice the ball as much..I think they are trusting him more and with Pitta going over the middle..the guy is a beast..Smith going deep and Boldin on 3rd down..the Ravens may have a "elite" receiving corps. Add in the fact the defense is playing lights out. Ray Lewis is gonna have them guys hyped up and they are all trying to win one last one for Ray.

I'm gonna say Ravens 27 49ners 13.
Also they have all week to practice against Tyrod Taylor as he runs around the field.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.



Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Blitzberg06's Avatar
Blitzberg06 Blitzberg06 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 8,949
Rep Points: 18257
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Also they have all week to practice against Tyrod Taylor as he runs around the field.
All I'm saying is give me the guy who has shown he can win games in crunch time versus a guy who has only played half a season.
__________________
Props to Nashville Bengal Fan! for the sig!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-22-2013, 04:59 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 15,071
Rep Points: 19178
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Do you secretly want to be a Bengals Moderator?
Do you secretly want to be smart enough to know where to properly post stuff?
__________________
"We are the ones that wanna choose. Always wanna play but you never wanna lose."- Serj Tankian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-23-2013, 11:12 AM
coltsfan4ever's Avatar
coltsfan4ever coltsfan4ever is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,622
Rep Points: 1912
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Do you secretly want to be smart enough to know where to properly post stuff?
Lol!

Look... why don't you just ask 34 that you want to be a Moderator, okay? That way, you can fulfill that dream of yours since this forum opened.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You're not coming out of Detroit with a win. lol
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 AM
coltsfan4ever's Avatar
coltsfan4ever coltsfan4ever is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,622
Rep Points: 1912
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglester View Post
Ravens win 27-13. I don't think the 49ers will establish the run.
If you watched the Falcons-49ers game, that's what the Falcons thought too after they established a 17-0 lead. Up to that point, they WERE stopping the run.

Then... it all changed. Somehow, the Niners started running the ball.

That freed up Kaepernick.

The Ravens may be able to slow the kid down, but I don't think they'll be able to stop him. Now, the big question is whether the Niners defense can stop Joe Flacco. They managed to stop Matty Ice. Is Joe Flacco better than Matty Ice? Maybe. But he'd better be if he wants a chance to beat the Niners defense. It all depends on whether the Ravens OL can stop the Niners Pass Rush.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You're not coming out of Detroit with a win. lol
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM
coltsfan4ever's Avatar
coltsfan4ever coltsfan4ever is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,622
Rep Points: 1912
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Also they have all week to practice against Tyrod Taylor as he runs around the field.
Tyrod Taylor isn't Colin Kaepernick.

That's like saying to you have a home-built street hot rod to practice against while you're getting ready to race a top-fuel dragster in an upcoming NHRA race.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You're not coming out of Detroit with a win. lol
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,953
Rep Points: 13613
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Also they have all week to practice against Tyrod Taylor as he runs around the field.
They plan on using Dixon for this. Dixon actually ran the option at Oregon and its a little more more natural for him than with Taylor.
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 AM
coltsfan4ever's Avatar
coltsfan4ever coltsfan4ever is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,622
Rep Points: 1912
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
They plan on using Dixon for this. Dixon actually ran the option at Oregon and its a little more more natural for him than with Taylor.
Dixon isn't Kaepernick either.

I don't see why you or your other fellow Ravens brethren can't see this. Did you watch this guy against the Packers and the Falcons?

Just sayin'...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You're not coming out of Detroit with a win. lol
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Blitzberg06's Avatar
Blitzberg06 Blitzberg06 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 8,949
Rep Points: 18257
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Dixon isn't Kaepernick either.

I don't see why you or your other fellow Ravens brethren can't see this. Did you watch this guy against the Packers and the Falcons?

Just sayin'...
Does this not get through your thick skull?


No one here is saying Dixon or Tyrod is Kaepernick. They are similar in regards to how they play the QB position. Thats what they are getting at.


Here.

The Colts are facing the 49ners in the Superbowl. You have Dennis Dixon as a backup..

Do you have your 1st string Defense run plays against Luck who is nothing SIMILAR to Kaepernick or do you have them play against Dixon who has the ability to throw as well as take off with his feet.


This is a simple question.
__________________
Props to Nashville Bengal Fan! for the sig!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.