Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1912
Default The upcoming Har(bowl)

First of all, congrats to the Ravens. Flacco seems to be coming on his own and it appears that I was too hasty about my opinion on Jim Caldwell. There were rumors that Peyton used to contradict most of his play calling. He appears to be not such a bad Offensive Coordinator after all.

So, now we have the teams of Jim and John Harbaugh in the Superbowl. The last time these 2 teams met, the Ravens beat the Niners. Pretty convincingly, I might add. So now, it would be interesting to hear everyone's opinion on who's going to win and why.

I'll start by saying that although my heart wants the Ravens to win, I'm afraid their defense does not have an answer to the Niner's very unusual QB, Kaepernick. I've actually never seen a QB like that guy. He can throw AND run! Equally well. It's not easy to come back from being 17 points behind in a championship game, but that kid did it. He did it with passing, running, and making some good decisions on the field. Also, the Niners defense is pretty good. It may not be as good as the Ravens, but it's good enough to win games.

Anyway, that's my opinion.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 61442
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

I was actually hoping for a Har(bowl)...

I figure no matter what it will make all of their family get together's super awkward from here on out.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19178

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
First of all, congrats to the Ravens. Flacco seems to be coming on his own and it appears that I was too hasty about my opinion on Jim Caldwell. There were rumors that Peyton used to contradict most of his play calling. He appears to be not such a bad Offensive Coordinator after all.

So, now we have the teams of Jim and John Harbaugh in the Superbowl. The last time these 2 teams met, the Ravens beat the Niners. Pretty convincingly, I might add. So now, it would be interesting to hear everyone's opinion on who's going to win and why.

I'll start by saying that although my heart wants the Ravens to win, I'm afraid their defense does not have an answer to the Niner's very unusual QB, Kaepernick. I've actually never seen a QB like that guy. He can throw AND run! Equally well. It's not easy to come back from being 17 points behind in a championship game, but that kid did it. He did it with passing, running, and making some good decisions on the field. Also, the Niners defense is pretty good. It may not be as good as the Ravens, but it's good enough to win games.

My opinion is...

Around the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
My opinion is...

Around the NFL.
Do you secretly want to be a Bengals Moderator?
Old 01-21-2013, 12:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7973

Quote:
I've actually never seen a QB like that guy. He can throw AND run! Equally well.
You must not remember McNabb in his prime.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3295

Quote:
I'll start by saying that although my heart wants the Ravens to win.
Purely because of related pic, or are there other reasons ?
Just curious....

Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotobeast View Post
Purely because of related pic, or are there other reasons ?
Just curious....

I'm actually quite aware of Jim Harbaugh's history as a Colts QB. But that's not why I think the Niners are going to win. It's because of that Kaepernick kid. He's going to be hard to stop.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8745

Add yet another team to the list of those you "respect".
Old 01-22-2013, 09:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Sharp View Post
Add yet another team to the list of those you "respect".
I didn't say that I respected the Niners. I said that they will win because the Ravens don't have an answer to Kaepernick.

I actually may be removing one of the teams I respected this season. If you're wondering which team that is, their QB is No. 18. Surprised?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15204

Quote:
I didn't say that I respected the Niners. I said that they will win because the Ravens don't have an answer to Kaepernick.

I actually may be removing one of the teams I respected this season. If you're wondering which team that is, their QB is No. 18. Surprised?

Peyton just heard what you said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7473

I like the term "Brobowl" better than "Harbowl"
Old 01-22-2013, 10:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
I like the term "Brobowl" better than "Harbowl"
Jim and John Harbaugh...Jim and John Harbowl.
Way better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Obamas lies... 11-21-2014 10:39 PM SociopathicSteelerFan My alter is woodley and I approve this copypasta. -SSF
Quote:
Election Day Waste 11-06-2014 01:25 AM SociopathicSteelerFan You're cute when you're an alter. -SS
Quote:
Texas is about as... 11-09-2014 02:41 PM SociopathicSteelerFan I posted this rep message because no one likes me. :( -SSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino
Because MORE elected officials should take that stand they are elected to defend the law..not the bible.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:49 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18257

Quote:

Kaepernick can be stopped.

The Ravens have faced Vick, McNabb, RG3. Kaepernick is good but he hasn't had a bad game which may mean the law of averages might catch up to him. A lot is on his shoulders in this game because if this playoff run is any indication of how Joe will preform in the Superbowl..he will have to put up some numbers. Flaccos 8 TDs..No INTs this post season is pretty impressive and the Ravens seem to have given him A LOT more freedom. Coming out in the shotgun and not feeding Rice the ball as much..I think they are trusting him more and with Pitta going over the middle..the guy is a beast..Smith going deep and Boldin on 3rd down..the Ravens may have a "elite" receiving corps. Add in the fact the defense is playing lights out. Ray Lewis is gonna have them guys hyped up and they are all trying to win one last one for Ray.

I'm gonna say Ravens 27 49ners 13.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14806

Quote:

Kaepernick > Luck

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert

Old 01-22-2013, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 998

Ravens win 27-13. I don't think the 49ers will establish the run.

Cleveland, we have a problem.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

Quote:

Kaepernick will win the game..He is amazing!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
Kaepernick can be stopped.

The Ravens have faced Vick, McNabb, RG3. Kaepernick is good but he hasn't had a bad game which may mean the law of averages might catch up to him. A lot is on his shoulders in this game because if this playoff run is any indication of how Joe will preform in the Superbowl..he will have to put up some numbers. Flaccos 8 TDs..No INTs this post season is pretty impressive and the Ravens seem to have given him A LOT more freedom. Coming out in the shotgun and not feeding Rice the ball as much..I think they are trusting him more and with Pitta going over the middle..the guy is a beast..Smith going deep and Boldin on 3rd down..the Ravens may have a "elite" receiving corps. Add in the fact the defense is playing lights out. Ray Lewis is gonna have them guys hyped up and they are all trying to win one last one for Ray.

I'm gonna say Ravens 27 49ners 13.
Also they have all week to practice against Tyrod Taylor as he runs around the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Also they have all week to practice against Tyrod Taylor as he runs around the field.
All I'm saying is give me the guy who has shown he can win games in crunch time versus a guy who has only played half a season.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19178

Quote:
Do you secretly want to be a Bengals Moderator?
Do you secretly want to be smart enough to know where to properly post stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:12 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Do you secretly want to be smart enough to know where to properly post stuff?
Lol!

Look... why don't you just ask 34 that you want to be a Moderator, okay? That way, you can fulfill that dream of yours since this forum opened.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglester View Post
Ravens win 27-13. I don't think the 49ers will establish the run.
If you watched the Falcons-49ers game, that's what the Falcons thought too after they established a 17-0 lead. Up to that point, they WERE stopping the run.

Then... it all changed. Somehow, the Niners started running the ball.

That freed up Kaepernick.

The Ravens may be able to slow the kid down, but I don't think they'll be able to stop him. Now, the big question is whether the Niners defense can stop Joe Flacco. They managed to stop Matty Ice. Is Joe Flacco better than Matty Ice? Maybe. But he'd better be if he wants a chance to beat the Niners defense. It all depends on whether the Ravens OL can stop the Niners Pass Rush.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Tyrod Taylor isn't Colin Kaepernick.

That's like saying to you have a home-built street hot rod to practice against while you're getting ready to race a top-fuel dragster in an upcoming NHRA race.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13613

Quote:
They plan on using Dixon for this. Dixon actually ran the option at Oregon and its a little more more natural for him than with Taylor.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
They plan on using Dixon for this. Dixon actually ran the option at Oregon and its a little more more natural for him than with Taylor.
Dixon isn't Kaepernick either.

I don't see why you or your other fellow Ravens brethren can't see this. Did you watch this guy against the Packers and the Falcons?

Just sayin'...
Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Dixon isn't Kaepernick either.

I don't see why you or your other fellow Ravens brethren can't see this. Did you watch this guy against the Packers and the Falcons?

Just sayin'...
Does this not get through your thick skull?

No one here is saying Dixon or Tyrod is Kaepernick. They are similar in regards to how they play the QB position. Thats what they are getting at.

Here.

The Colts are facing the 49ners in the Superbowl. You have Dennis Dixon as a backup..

Do you have your 1st string Defense run plays against Luck who is nothing SIMILAR to Kaepernick or do you have them play against Dixon who has the ability to throw as well as take off with his feet.

This is a simple question.