Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8689
Default Re: time to clean house

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglester View Post
Now we see why Palmer and others leave Cincinnati. We just don't get to SuperBowl level.
We don't sign 1st or 2nd tier free agents either. That's all it will take.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanevans View Post
Start cleaning house by fans like you leaving. GTFO
Yes!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8689

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Or they're very close.

How about you stop with the idiotic comments that a 12 year old would make?
I agree. We're 2 Pro Bowl additions away or 4 solid players.

I fully believe that Lofton and Manningham in free agency and we win that game. Landry too possibly at safety.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton's_Gang View Post
here is what i think needs to happen in the offseason:

1. Fire Marvin Lewis and promote Zimmer to HC and bring in another DC. Lewis has been here going on 10 or 11 years now and has been unsuccessful in getting this team prepared for any playoff game. They looked lost out there yesterday.

2. Bring in another starting caliber QB to light a fire under Dalton's arse: The competition that would arise from that would only bring success to the position and it would let dalton know that his **** poor play as of late isnt acceptable and that his job isnt completely safe. Alex Smith anyone?

3. Have a long , long chat with Jay Gruden: His play calling as of late has been atrocious as well as the offense. I would tell him to mix it up a little bit more and come up with some more creative playcalling. it seemed as if our offense was rather predictable.

4. Address some needs in the offseason and draft:

LB to replace Maualuga, he has just plain ****** and hasnt played to expectations

TE to compete with stone hands gresham ( maybe its orson charles, IDK)

WR to take some heat off AJ: We still dont have a legit #2 to take some heat away from our #1. we get that and we could get some more production from our #1 in the playoffs.Draft one or sign a WR in FA? Miles Austin or a draftee sounds good to me.

OL: even with the good play from zeitler and whitworth, Our Oline is still getting blown up by guys like JJ Watt and any good Dlineman. I think we should look into drafting another OL high in the draft or sign a very serviceable vet.

These are the things i think should happen in the offseason. Do i think all of this will happen, no but i do think that some of them should.
Shew, thank god we have another football expert with another giant list of what he thinks should be done in the off season. If only the front office took your advice!!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: time to clean house

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglester View Post
Now we see why Palmer and others leave Cincinnati. We just don't get to SuperBowl level.
Heck we can't get out of the wild card games.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2575

Quote:
Shew, thank god we have another football expert with another giant list of what he thinks should be done in the off season. If only the front office took your advice!!

i appreciate the sarcasm

im glad we have fans like you on this board. What do you think we should do afterall, this is what the thread is about is it not?

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:07 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19656

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomlong7 View Post
Another loss in the playoffs,is it time to clean house,sorry everybody but the offesense,stinks.rey needs to go.we need another aj.and jay grudens play calling is horrible.fire marvin .
Where exactly does one go to get another AJ?
Old 01-07-2013, 12:13 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 312

Quote:
Or they're very close.

How about you stop with the idiotic comments that a 12 year old would make?
Old 01-07-2013, 12:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2646

Ok, the Stupid on these boards are about to make have a total hisse! Lets review for the slow and dense...

1) We actually got in the playoffs many other teams did not-you dont clean house with a team that is succeeding! Are there problems, certainly!

2) In experience of interior of offensive line-both guards new, revolving door at center. This does not promote excellent pass protection. Also, one of the massive tackles has to go as both get constantly beaten by speedy DE's or blitzing LB's. My best idea, let Andre walk and draft a more athletic LT. Center certainly needs to be addressed in the draft.

3) Jermaine, catch the blanking ball man! Gresham's opportunities are limited so he over compensates when his number is called. Part of this is the crutch of keeping him in to cover the speed inadequacy of the tackles. Gruden should be seriously counseled to stop this practice.

4) WR's are so very young. Sanu getting hurt certainly did not help us-he is a very versatile and useful player. Jones has done a great job considering where he started from, and team fear his deep speed.Hawkins is far from being a girzzled veteran bu Gruden and Dalton allow this explosive play maker to disappear from games.
Frankly, I have seen enough of Tate and want him gone-a speed WR needs to be drafted.

5) BJGE is a great player and team mate, but he needs a compliment, Scott is too breakable and Leonard is showing signs of age-replacements need to be drafted.

6) Dalton has frankly stunk it up lately and a QB needs to be drafted. His decision making is poor and he dumps down or throws the ball away too much. Unfortunately this is not the year to be drafting a QB. The screen game is god awful.

7) Marvin must be weaned from the 275 FB idea-this is archiac offensive football and takes a play maker off the field.

on defense let Rey walk -he is too stiff to cover in the NFL-move Burfict to Mike, bring Howard back at Wil, and draft a difference maker at SAM! Kirkpatrick has been a major flop and a CB needs to be drafted-my God we need to start serving some of our DB's Geritol. Frankly. the played really well-but they are aging FAST!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Demagii View Post
Ok, the Stupid on these boards are about to make have a total hisse! Lets review for the slow and dense...

1) We actually got in the playoffs many other teams did not-you dont clean house with a team that is succeeding! Are there problems, certainly!

2) In experience of interior of offensive line-both guards new, revolving door at center. This does not promote excellent pass protection. Also, one of the massive tackles has to go as both get constantly beaten by speedy DE's or blitzing LB's. My best idea, let Andre walk and draft a more athletic LT. Center certainly needs to be addressed in the draft.

3) Jermaine, catch the blanking ball man! Gresham's opportunities are limited so he over compensates when his number is called. Part of this is the crutch of keeping him in to cover the speed inadequacy of the tackles. Gruden should be seriously counseled to stop this practice.

4) WR's are so very young. Sanu getting hurt certainly did not help us-he is a very versatile and useful player. Jones has done a great job considering where he started from, and team fear his deep speed.Hawkins is far from being a girzzled veteran bu Gruden and Dalton allow this explosive play maker to disappear from games.
Frankly, I have seen enough of Tate and want him gone-a speed WR needs to be drafted.

5) BJGE is a great player and team mate, but he needs a compliment, Scott is too breakable and Leonard is showing signs of age-replacements need to be drafted.

6) Dalton has frankly stunk it up lately and a QB needs to be drafted. His decision making is poor and he dumps down or throws the ball away too much. Unfortunately this is not the year to be drafting a QB. The screen game is god awful.

7) Marvin must be weaned from the 275 FB idea-this is archiac offensive football and takes a play maker off the field.

on defense let Rey walk -he is too stiff to cover in the NFL-move Burfict to Mike, bring Howard back at Wil, and draft a difference maker at SAM! Kirkpatrick has been a major flop and a CB needs to be drafted-my God we need to start serving some of our DB's Geritol. Frankly. the played really well-but they are aging FAST!
i agree with everything except for replacing dalton and your comment about gresham. gresham has been a choke artist for some time now. IMO he gets one more season to prove he belongs and if not, hand the reigns over to Orson charles or draft another TE.

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 0

Brandon Tate needs to go as well, he has not shown us nothing since we been here.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:19 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 263

Yes, I agree, it is time for MB to show the fans he is really serious about trying to win the SB! Time to make the right changes! There are some real good coaches out there to bring in that are proven winners! Now is the time to take this team to the next level. Our current staff has proven now for the past several years that they cannot do that!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton's_Gang View Post
i agree with everything except for replacing dalton and your comment about gresham. gresham has been a choke artist for some time now. IMO he gets one more season to prove he belongs and if not, hand the reigns over to Orson charles or draft another TE.
In one more season, he is a free agent, and if he is as you claim-a choke artist, Mikey will not resign him...actually I really like the Kelce kid from UC....and he might be there in round 2.

I did not say replace him, I said draft a QB, this is a poor year to draft a QB in the top of the draft (but later...), and BTW for all those wanting to draft a #2 WR-this isnt not the year for that either...and all of you thinking of making a run at Greg Jennings....forsooth fools....

Ian

Last edited by Ian Demagii; 01-07-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

why are some posters so down on the Bengals? ugh! They got into the playoffs, they lost and all of the sudden you think were the Browns.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6419

Quote:
Another loss in the playoffs,is it time to clean house,sorry everybody but the offesense,stinks.rey needs to go.we need another aj.and jay grudens play calling is horrible.fire marvin .
This might be the dumbest post I have seen on here yet.

Explain to me why you would clean house when you have made the playoffs in back to back years and have a TON of young talent. That makes zero sense. Another good draft and some free agent moves will solidify this roster.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 318

i really enjoy this "get rid of Dalton" talk because you know QB's usually win the superbowl in either there rookie or sophomore year... trust me it happens all the time. i mean people consider Matt Ryan an elite QB and he has like 3 rings... oh wait he hasn't won a playoff game yet.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:13 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33202

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFanSKCanada View Post
I am glad you are not running the team.
Bengals need to Remove marvin from HC.

Let Rey M walk.

Replace Jay Gruden with Hue Jackson or ken weisnhunt.

Promote Zimmer to HC.

Hire Lovie smith as DC.

resign our major Free agents.

Kill the Draft. (RB LB S)

Get another WR in FA
Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Banned

promoting Zimmer to head coach would be amazing before someone else does.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:18 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzie11 View Post
i really enjoy this "get rid of Dalton" talk because you know QB's usually win the superbowl in either there rookie or sophomore year... trust me it happens all the time. i mean people consider Matt Ryan an elite QB and he has like 3 rings... oh wait he hasn't won a playoff game yet.

Did you know that Rookie QB's have won playoffs games before.

Did you know that our QB has choked the past two playoff games?

Did you know that Andy Dalton has been observed playing scared most games and making poor decisions?

That's where the problem starts....
Old 01-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Did you know that Rookie QB's have won playoffs games before.

Did you know that our QB has choked the past two playoff games?

Did you know that Andy Dalton has been observed playing scared most games and making poor decisions?

That's where the problem starts....
is your nickname Mr. Positive?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Demagii View Post
In one more season, he is a free agent, and if he is as you claim-a choke artist, Mikey will not resign him...actually I really like the Kelce kid from UC....and he might be there in round 2.

I did not say replace him, I said draft a QB, this is a poor year to draft a QB in the top of the draft (but later...), and BTW for all those wanting to draft a #2 WR-this isnt not the year for that either...and all of you thinking of making a run at Greg Jennings....forsooth fools....

Ian
The way you worded it certainly didnt indicate keep him. as for QB class, I wouldnt mind barkley fell into the later rounds. Wishful thinking i know.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

AND REPLACE THEM WITH WHOM?

Ian
Old 01-23-2013, 12:23 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10488

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer1 View Post
It is Dalton. Dalton is on this team. As long as he is on this team and starting this team is not even close to contending.
Lol'd.

Are you Michael Lombardi? Because I feel like you're the type of owner who would trade his first round draft pick for Ryan Mallet

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 131

Bengals 10 years before Marvin.. 45-115 Zero playoffs.

Bengals 10 years with Marvin, 79-80-1, 4 playoffs...

1 playoff game in first 5 years (2005)...

3 playoff games in last 5 years...

last two years back to back playoff games. The trend is still in right direction... IMO Marvin stays.

What else - 4 players in pro-bowl last two years... This team is couple plays/players away from getting that win or more...

We all feel the no playoff wins...
Old 01-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5118

Quote:
We need another AJ? 28 teams don't even have one WR as good as him and we are supposed to magically find another one? You are the kind of poster that makes this place unbearable sometimes.