Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-23-2013, 01:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2073
Default Bobs Mock 1/23

Free Agency :

Our Guys :

Andre Smith OT
Terrence Newman CB
Adam Jones CB
Kevin Huber P
Wallace Gilberry DE
Josh Brown K
Cedric Peerman RB
Robert Geathers DE

Additions :

William Moore S
Justin Durant SLB

After Losing Johnson we miss out on a DE in FA but make up for it with 2 big signings.

Draft :

1. Alex Okafor DE Texas - We need a replacement for Johnson and lucky for us Okafor is right where we need him to be when our pick rolls around. Should be a starter day 1.

Quote:
"Big and Solid with Long Arms" DraftCountdown.
2. Arthur Brown LB Kansas State - Our LBs were pretty damn bad last year and were gonna need to bring in some young guys to help out Burfict, Brown is one of those guys, He is fast and can do it all. He is somewhat undersized at 230 but he plays bigger than he is. Our new WLB.

2. Andre Ellington RB Clemson - This is the RB we need in our situation, the situation I speak of is that our coaching staff will likely keep BJGE around another year atleast. With that in mind we need to get a real RB to come in as a COP guy, Ellington can easily be that, great acceleration and elite speed. Even though he has great speed he isnt just speed and can make guys miss. Good Vision. Inconsistent hands though but can work on that.

Quote:
"Compact, Cut, and Athletic." DraftCountdown.
3. Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech - I know he is rated higher than this but I think with his attitude problems he very well end up here. Honestly Im not sure I even want this guy but the value is to much to pass up here. Good Size and Speed combo and will have the opportunity to come in and be the #2 WR for us. No doubt he has the talent but the character is a risk.

4. EJ Manuel QB Florida State - Between FA and the draft thus far our needs are really filled well and this is a pure luxury pick for us. Grad is gone at back up so we take a guy with Ideal Size, Strength, Strong Arm, and good movement. Yea he has some question marks but thats the reason we get him in round 4, let him sit behind Andy and learn.

Quote:
"Big With Long Arms and Huge Frame" DraftCountdown.
5. Ace Sanders WR South Carolina - Small guy but a great Punt Returner, similar to Hawkins except he can return. I want to say let Hawkins go elsewhere if we can get a guy like Ace.

6. Michael Williams TE Alabama - One of the best blocking TE's around but can also make the catches when called upon. Takes the place of Quinn on the roster as the #3 TE.

Quote:
"Large Build but Little to no Definition" DraftCountdown.
6. Cornelius Washington DE Georgia - Wouldnt be a bad pick up this late and would be worth a shot. Hasnt looked bad at the Senior Bowl practices this week either.

Quote:
"Rocked Up and Long with V Shaped Upper Body" DraftCountdown.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 34471
Default Re: Bobs Mock 1/23

Like Okafor.

Not a fan of Arthur Brown.

Fan of Ellington

Each mock should be allowed 1 knucklehead.

If we go QB, I think it will be someone more in the Andy mold

Not bad; although, I'd prefer to grab one of the big name Safeties.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2273

Good draft for the scenario of losing Johnson. Only minor complaint would be not adding some offensive depth in 4th or 5th round area. I really like Rick Wagner and think I guy like him could take Roland's spot on the team. Quesenberry is another guy to keep an eye on. Like I said though really minor issue with it because honestly this draft would be great for our team. Haven't always been a huge proponent for a WR early but Rogers in the 3rd round is the type of risk/reward to take. Once again, good mock overall.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Like Okafor.

Not a fan of Arthur Brown.

Fan of Ellington

Each mock should be allowed 1 knucklehead.

If we go QB, I think it will be someone more in the Andy mold

Not bad; although, I'd prefer to grab one of the big name Safeties.
Honestly I prefer Greene to Brown but I was sick of picking the same guy every mock, still like Brown though just second to Greene.

As for QB why take a QB in the same mold as Dalton when we can get a big strong armed QB that can move better than Andy, EJ Manuel is a perfect guy to sit behind Dalton and learn imo.

Also got William Moore at S in FA so passed on the Safeties in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
Good draft for the scenario of losing Johnson. Only minor complaint would be not adding some offensive depth in 4th or 5th round area. I really like Rick Wagner and think I guy like him could take Roland's spot on the team. Quesenberry is another guy to keep an eye on. Like I said though really minor issue with it because honestly this draft would be great for our team. Haven't always been a huge proponent for a WR early but Rogers in the 3rd round is the type of risk/reward to take. Once again, good mock overall.
I think Id rather have a return man like Ace and a QB with potential like Manuel instead of an OT. Although I would say taking a backup guy in FA wouldn't be a bad option.