Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > General Sports Discussion > Other Sports

Other Sports Here's your chance to talk about the happenings going on around the sports world. Hey, even the NBA is up for discussion.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:42 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10585
Default Seattle Supersonics Return....

Spending parts of my childhood in Washington State I grew up a Sonics fan. I was sad when they left the city and even though I no longer lived there I vowed not to let my fanhood follow them to OKC...

Now here is my dilemma...

The team moving to Seattle to become the new Sonics are the Sacramento Kings AKA the Kansas City Royals AKA the Cincinnati Royals.....

I guess that is a good thing for me though...

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8638
Default Re: Seattle Supersonics Return....

Absolutely a good thing. In a sense, you will have yet another Cincy team to support!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 76
bengals Re: Seattle Supersonics Return....

Ok, I know NBA has rules on NBA teams now, and I believe thats why the hornets have to change their name! are they going to have to change their name? because the Super Sonics awesome name, awesome uniforms, then ya got the Glove and Kemp! I mean I was wondering with their history how did they move before Toronto, Sac, Bucks, and few other teams! However I would love to see a Cinci team, and with the continued FAILURE(yes they are at the point of where it has to be completely caps) why can't that Cleveland team move to a good city, oh did I type that, well I want a cinci team!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsPhilsTime View Post
Ok, I know NBA has rules on NBA teams now, and I believe thats why the hornets have to change their name! are they going to have to change their name? because the Super Sonics awesome name, awesome uniforms, then ya got the Glove and Kemp! I mean I was wondering with their history how did they move before Toronto, Sac, Bucks, and few other teams! However I would love to see a Cinci team, and with the continued FAILURE(yes they are at the point of where it has to be completely caps) why can't that Cleveland team move to a good city, oh did I type that, well I want a cinci team!
Why would Toronto move? they play in a market with 6 million people and they're owned by a conglomeracy that bought all the other teams in the city except the Jays that are worth over $2 billion combined. I'm not a fan of them but I live in that market and they havent done anything where they would be mentioned to relocate
Old 01-30-2013, 04:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
Spending parts of my childhood in Washington State I grew up a Sonics fan. I was sad when they left the city and even though I no longer lived there I vowed not to let my fanhood follow them to OKC...

Now here is my dilemma...

The team moving to Seattle to become the new Sonics are the Sacramento Kings AKA the Kansas City Royals AKA the Cincinnati Royals.....

I guess that is a good thing for me though...
why arent they moving back to cincy? And are you sure they will become the supersonics? Their names have always contained a hint of Royalty. lol