Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

View Poll Results: Who do you select with the 53rd pick?
Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin 31 48.44%
Quinton Patton, WR, Lousiana Tech 0 0%
Chase Thomas, OLB, Standford 6 9.38%
Larry Warford, G, Kentucky 2 3.13%
Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno State 4 6.25%
Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State 4 6.25%
Will Davis, CB, Utah State 0 0%
Margus Hunt, DE, SMU 4 6.25%
Da’Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech 4 6.25%
Try to trade back to and acquire extra 3rd. 2 3.13%
Other: Please say who. 7 10.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082
Default Pick #53, you choose.

I was going to wait a few days before starting this next poll, but we had such a good response to the pick #37 poll that I am just moving right along.

As you know with our 1st pick we selected Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia, and with 37th pick we selected Eddie Lacy, RB Alabama. The next question is who do we select at pick #53.

1 (#21): Alec Ogletree,
2 (#37): Eddie Lacy
2 (#53):______________

Choices are:
Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin
Quinton Patton, WR, Lousiana Tech
Chase Thomas, OLB, Standford
Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno State
Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State
Will Davis, CB, Utah State
Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
Da’Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
Try to trade back to and acquire extra 3rd.
Other: Please say who.

*** for this poll treat Other as "Baccari Rambo" ***
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Last edited by Burma; 01-23-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:12 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3955
Default Re: Pick #53, you chose.

Rambo.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
I was going to wait a few days before starting this next poll, but we had such a good response to the pick #37 poll that I am just moving right along.

As you know with our 1st pick we selected Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia, and with 37th pick we selected Eddie Lacy, RB Alabama. The next question is who do we select at pick #53.

Choices are:
Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
Needs to be a S, doesn't it?

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
Rambo.
I left him off as he is currently being projected as a 3rd Rounder. I can try and edit him in though.

**edit** nope, I cant edit poll.

Rambo is a vote for other then. Will just keep track in the thread bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Needs to be a S, doesn't it?
Its going to be hard to pass up some of the safety talent here.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Last edited by Burma; 01-23-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20599

Quote:
I left him off as he is currently being projected as a 3rd Rounder. I can try and edit him in though.

**edit** nope, I cant edit poll.

Rambo is a vote for other then. Will just keep track in the thread bodies.

Its going to be hard to pass up some of the safety talent here.
I'd be just fine with Rambo--guarantee that name would sell a lotta jerseys. And if Thomas hits somewhere close with value, I'm fine with him. Let's get a starting caliber S one way or another, no matter what it takes. Stop taking fliers on 5th rounders and get serious about it.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 01-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

This one right here might be the toughest of the draft polls to choose! I have not voted and may hold off for a minute to read what some others say, mainly because I have a feeling I will be swayed to choose someone based on some good arguments.

As I see it:

Frederick & Warford - one of these two behemoths would make our O-Line a ton better from day one. But.....and there is always a but, I just do not believe this organization will pull the trigger on any O-Line Prospect because we get Wharton back to compete with Boling at LG and Cook will be fully healthy and compete with Robinson (who proved he is capable of being a good NFL Center). I have been wrong before and I would be happy with either one if the Bengals took them.

Chase Thomas - I believe out of the LB's listed in this poll, he is the best prospect. I would pull the trigger on him and not think twice. But, I think you can get someone just as skilled in the later rounds (Hodges from Penn State, Collins from Southern Miss).

Da'Rick Rogers - this kid may be the most explosive WRs in this draft and he will be looked over because of his off the field issues. He is exactly what this team needs to compliment AJ Green. He is big, strong and is capable of ripping one off everytime he catches the ball. I would be willing to put aside his issues and take him in a heartbeat. This is also a fairly deep WR class but most of the talented recievers may be gone by the end of the 2nd or beginning of the 3rd.

Trading Back - this might be the most logical selection of the options. But, I would hate to pass over someone who could come in and immediately start from day one like a Frederick or Warford or Thomas or Rogers.

I can already tell you I will be selecting Rambo in the next poll. So with taking Ogletree (L in the 1st, Lacy (R in the 2A and Rambo (S) in the thrid, the only other "BIG" need is WR. That is why I may lean towards Rogers with our 2B selection.

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
This one right here might be the toughest of the draft polls to choose! I have not voted and may hold off for a minute to read what some others say, mainly because I have a feeling I will be swayed to choose someone based on some good arguments.
I can already tell you I will be selecting Rambo in the next poll. So with taking Ogletree (L in the 1st, Lacy (R in the 2A and Rambo (S) in the thrid, the only other "BIG" need is WR. That is why I may lean towards Rogers with our 2B selection.
Good breakdown. I am thinking pretty much the same thing. I know who I want to see selected, but that may not be the best choice given the team needs. This should be interesting. Also I am regretting not listing Rambo or Tony Jefferson in the initial poll, but I guess we can use "other" for that.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 487

Im agreeing about Rambo and Jefferson or even possibly Reid if he falls. I picked fredrick and I wouldn't be upset about it, but I think safety should be addressed here

all that said I vote Rambo if we are adding him in and not saving him for our 3rd round pick
Old 01-23-2013, 12:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3143

Frederick, Between him and Lacy our running game should become better than it has been for a long time, and he completes our o-line, as long as we re-sign Andre.

Xbox live Gamertag- WhoDeyMaster.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3955

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 View Post
Frederick, Between him and Lacy our running game should become better than it has been for a long time, and he completes our o-line, as long as we re-sign Andre.
If lacy is 2a, he's the type of back that ol just isn't as big a deal with--and don't take me too literal, Im just taking a look at his strengths and our current line and I find that more than adequate.

Thus, safety. And we choose late 3rd, and I think Rambo is well worth a 2nd. Others may not and that's ok.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2542

I guess I would go with Frederick because the guy is going to be a good player in the league regardless and having competition for spots can only help a team. With that said one of the reasons I am currently hoping we get Vaccaro with our 1st rounder is because Vaccaro and an OLB at this spot seems to have more value than Ogletree and no real safety threat unless we go with Rambo (who I like in the 3rd in this scenario).I just really like the OLB prospects that could be available with pick #53. Guys like Brown, Greene, Thomas, Jenkins, and Porter are all guys I like in the 2nd or 3rd at OLB.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 715
Default Re: Pick #53, you choose.

Quote:

Choices are:
Will Davis, CB, Utah State
Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
Travis Frederick in the second round and either a WR or S in the third round.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1773

Da'Rick Rogers. Would make our offense much better. I know Center was a cause for concern, but I don't think it was as bad as people are making it out to be. I think that if we stick with Cook and Robertson that they will both be better next season. Cook will not be coming off an injury, and Robertson will have more experience. Could look at Khalid Holmes in the 3rd round too.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

I went with other. For a guy known as Baccari Rambo. But if I had to pick out of those guys, probably warford.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 01-23-2013, 03:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 29596

For those sying Rambo I just wanted to point otu that he is stinking up the Senior Bowl. Worst safety on the field.

He has plenty of opportunity to turn it around of course, but he's not making a good first impression.

-Stewwy
---------------------------------------------------
ESPN has the journalistic integrity of a turnip!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10653

I want Rambo here, but as you said, you can't edit the poll, so I'll go with Frederick

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
For those sying Rambo I just wanted to point otu that he is stinking up the Senior Bowl. Worst safety on the field.

He has plenty of opportunity to turn it around of course, but he's not making a good first impression.
Not at all. There are quite a few safeties that are doing much worse than Rambo, Have you seen Lester practice? He's doing bad. Getting pushed around in press, getting lost on team drill running plays, and is not doing coverage.

Now I'm not saying Rambo is having a great Senior Bowl practice, but he is showing athleticism and is showing coverage skills. He is a little tight in the hips, but is one of the few defensive backs locating the ball while in the air.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9925

I voted for Da'Rick. This guy is exactly what we need on this team. He is very explosive and would give defenses someone else they have to prepare for.

**EDIT** I didn't know we could vote for Rambo either. I like Rambo alot as well. Either pick would be fine by me.

A wise man once told me, your love life will never get boring if you imagine an 18 year old, turn the lights off, and dont feel around with your hands!

Last edited by dr1441; 01-23-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy View Post

Factually inaccurate

From draftcountdown:
"Georgia has two safeties in this game (three if you count Sanders Commings) and both Bacarri Rambo and Shawn Williams made their presence known with physical play. In one-on-one’s Rambo basically molested Vance McDonald and in seven-on-seven’s Williams absolutely popped Patton over the middle. "
"Georgia S Baccari Rambo showcased some athleticism through the practice but was caught flat footed a few times in 1-on-1s. Looked very tight in the early drills."

"He mentioned the Georgia Safeties in refence to versaility with what they are teaching on Dk" (Jim Schwartz on the UGA Safeties)

Last edited by berserkerone88; 01-23-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2890

Reunite Fredrick with Zietler Bengals! DO IT!

This team hab no maaahbulls!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10585

Other.

Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 01-23-2013, 10:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
Other.

Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State.
I would go that route as well if it was an option at this point. I was assuming he would be gone by this pick but if we are saying he is still available then Poyer over Frederick for me as well.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23720

Tough call, but I went with Frederick. I'm always whining about how this team needs to build a bodacious OLine to help us gash defenses and create a clean pocket. With enough time, Andy and our WRs would be ok, plus we could grab Tavares King in Round 4, and he's really good. Take Tony Jefferson or Rambo in Round 3.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:44 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 963

Frederick.

For me it came down to Frederick, Phillip Thomas or Chase Thomas. These are all positions badly in need of an upgrade. I almost pulled the trigger on Phillip but another OL from Wisconsin is too good to pass up.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:45 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 8

the kid from nd did great last year filling in for cook he actually played better then cook no need for c unless you can get jones