Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:46 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 24978
Default Re: Dalton needs to watch some tape on Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post

Regarding the Dalton/Brady comparisons....If Dalton had the Patriots Offensive Line, he might look a little more like Brady. Even Matt Castle looked dominant on the Patriots.
Good offensive lines make quarterback play easier and your Matt Cassel comparison is excellent. He looked like a winner in New England and he looked like dinner in Kansas City.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 467

According to our OC Dalton just need to work on his long ball next year.Maybe he can add some more weight and bulk up more in the off season and throw the ball 10 yards deeper next year in our WCO.Lord knows he dont need to work on any other part of his game. sarcasm in this posts heavy.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post

Tom Brady is a choke artist.

There, I said it! I enjoy seeing that pretty boy lose. Pretty boys can never feel enough disappointment in life and I love it when they get a dose of humility.

For the record, Joe Flacco is better than Tom Brady.
Wow! Ur just a flat out hater!!! If youre ugly man dont hate on pretty boys...pay for sex and move on with your life...sheesshhh
Old 01-23-2013, 01:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1489

Quote:
No. 2012 will be remembered as the beginning of the end for Tom Brady. Today he couldn't even throw the ball high enough to get it over the Ravens' defensive line. Tom reached the peak of his power about five years ago and now his decline is accelerating. He couldn't even think straight enough to run four yards and get a first down.
Same thoughts here. When I saw that play, I was wondering, if Brady was afraid to get hit, even though he could have gotten the first down, by running to the sideline. He looked old in that play.

I don't know what was going through his mind, but the Brady of old would have gotten that 1st down and maybe led his team to a TD.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3525

Quote:
Originally Posted by austrianpine View Post
Same thoughts here. When I saw that play, I was wondering, if Brady was afraid to get hit, even though he could have gotten the first down, by running to the sideline. He looked old in that play.

I don't know what was going through his mind, but the Brady of old would have gotten that 1st down and maybe led his team to a TD.
Nows heres the dinger....same situation but with Andy D in there....does he get the first down? Maybe..... Does Kaepernick, Cam Newton or Tebow? Im guessing any of the last 3 make that play. How cool would it be to run computer simualtions with different QB's in different scenerios.

^ If everyone else saw the world as M B sees it!!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282

Although flacco outplayed Brady, op has a good point. Tom Brady is one of the masters of climbing the pocket and avoiding pressure and he showed it the other night. His passes weren't spot on and there were a lot of drops but he still demonstrated great pocket presence. He and brees are two of the best at it and with Dalton being a shorter qb, I would suggest he watch some film on those two.

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Old 01-23-2013, 02:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282

Quote:
No. 2012 will be remembered as the beginning of the end for Tom Brady. Today he couldn't even throw the ball high enough to get it over the Ravens' defensive line. Tom reached the peak of his power about five years ago and now his decline is accelerating. He couldn't even think straight enough to run four yards and get a first down.
Brady is one of the slowest qbs in the game. Ngata was closing fast, he got hit as he threw the ball. No way he makes the first if he tries to run

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6391

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBengal9 View Post
Although NE lost tonight, watching Brady tonight really impressed upon me the one thing Brady has that Dalton needs to watch, his pocket presence.

Everytime you see Brady in the pocket you see short subtle motions, a calm and collected QB and his ability to step up when pressure is coming. I noticed at least 3 times Brady stepped up before 2 Ravens were coming at him.

Although this definately wasn't his best game, I think Dalton would do very well to watch how Brady hangs in the pocket this offseason and learn from it.
I disagree.......Dalton can't be Brady or anybody but Dalton.....Dalton needs to watch tape of Dalton.....Just as golfers and baseball players perfect their swings ....Dalton looking at Bengals footage can see ways to improve HIS GAME......The worst thing you can do in sports is to try to play like somebody else. Do what you do best and work on that, and try to improve your game and what you do best. ....Dalton is not and never will be Brady, and he will never be a box of oat meal either, but he can be the best Dalton he can be.....Dalton should study films of Dalton....Just as kids on here sould do what they do best and listen to coaches. Maybe in basketball you can't slam dunk but you play good defense, well, theres something to be said for a player that can play tough belly button in your face defense. Listen to the coaches and work on YOUR GAME, don't try to be like any certain star because you aren't them. Most kids want to be pitchers or quarterbacks, but the coaches can't field 11 quarterbacks and it's a good thing because the coaches see these kids talents at other positions. A kid may think he is a RB when really he is a linebacker. ...So listen to your coaches kids....and just be the best you can be at what you bring to the table. ....Our kid for instance wanted to be a football player but wasn't that hot, but ended up the starting point guard in school. I do think football practice hepled with his leadership at point guard....I like the old Bad News Bears movie sequel, not sure which one, where the kid wants to pitch like Luis Tiant who was a star back then, and the kid is lousy, and the coach tells him to quit pitching like Tiant and just pitch like himself...and it works......I might add that it applies to school as well, some kids are good at math, others history, others reading and writing, some kids are good at everything, but I'ld say most are good at a few things and bad at a few things. Some classes come easier than others. It's God given talent possibly...Not everybody is the same...I will say that I had trouble with algebra and geomatry in school, but years later found that through work experience I had actually learned how to do algebra and trigonamatry after my school years. Learning does not have to end when they hand you the dimplama....Everybody is different and has different talents....Two things I would say to kids.....I was a slow learner in school and on jobs, but I learned and became a manager for most of my life, because once you learn something it's pretty much repetition from then on. ....The other is I use to be down on myself as a kid for making an out 7 out of 10 times to the plate. Little did I know, thats batting .300 which isn't bad....Even .300 hitters make an out most of the time. ..Now if you only get to bat once a game, you are going to be down on yourself for not getting a hit in 7 out of 10 games, but if you do the math, you may not be as bad as you think.

Last edited by kevin; 01-23-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
Nows heres the dinger....same situation but with Andy D in there....does he get the first down? Maybe..... Does Kaepernick, Cam Newton or Tebow? Im guessing any of the last 3 make that play. How cool would it be to run computer simualtions with different QB's in different scenerios.
I would hope that Andy goes for the 1st down. i am pretty sure that Kaepernick, Newton , or RGIII would get it becuase of their athleticism.

Brady's decision or hesittion not to get the -seemingly - safe 1st down was a sign that soemthing was not right.

I would certainly watch computer sims with QBs in these situations. Would be fun.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrizzle View Post
Brady is one of the slowest qbs in the game. Ngata was closing fast, he got hit as he threw the ball. No way he makes the first if he tries to run
Have to disagree here. Watched the play on youtube (7min 50 sec mark).

If Brady had continued to run towards the sideline he would have gotten away from Ngata far enough to get the 1st down.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2302

Quote:
Originally Posted by austrianpine View Post
Have to disagree here. Watched the play on youtube (7min 50 sec mark).

If Brady had continued to run towards the sideline he would have gotten away from Ngata far enough to get the 1st down.
Brady needed to get rid of that ball.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Brady had a QB rating of 62.3% and Flacco 102.6%.

I would suggest he watch Flacco that game.
You have to take into account the defenses they went up against
Old 01-24-2013, 05:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1771

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBengal9 View Post
Although NE lost tonight, watching Brady tonight really impressed upon me the one thing Brady has that Dalton needs to watch, his pocket presence.

Everytime you see Brady in the pocket you see short subtle motions, a calm and collected QB and his ability to step up when pressure is coming. I noticed at least 3 times Brady stepped up before 2 Ravens were coming at him.

Although this definately wasn't his best game, I think Dalton would do very well to watch how Brady hangs in the pocket this offseason and learn from it.
It's all mental. Dalton can watch others do it the right way forever.But, until it is solidly in his mind, he will struggle. I suspect several years of experience and better coaching will solve the problem
Old 01-24-2013, 07:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
3 Superbowl rings. He'll never be labeled a choke artist.
All three won when the Pats were cheating.

How has he done since they got caught cheating?

He has not won.

It was taping the Rams practices, it was taping the hand signals of the other team, it was knowing what the other team was doing, that made the Pats look good.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

I've said this all along. Dalton shouldn't be watching Brees he should be watching how Rodgers moves in the pocket & watch how Brady is calm and how he makes some of his throws.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5052

Zampese needs to watch Brady.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2901

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
All three won when the Pats were cheating.

How has he done since they got caught cheating?

He has not won.

It was taping the Rams practices, it was taping the hand signals of the other team, it was knowing what the other team was doing, that made the Pats look good.
Sounds a lil bitter but, facts are facts.

Ever since they got caught cheating they havent won a superbowl.....but they are STILL an ELITE team so we cant attribute all their success to cheating

Old 01-25-2013, 04:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
You are correct, however in andys defense brady has a superior o line and pretty much always has,,he expects to have at least 5 secs to throw the ball so he is comfortable back there where is andy has 2 secs before the pocket begins to break down,,not saying he cant improve on some of this, but they have to figure out a way to get him more time so he can scan the field without throwing it away or running for his life, or forcing the ball out in 2 secs.
This is the problem and the solution in a nutshell!