Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1354
Default A Fun Thread for a Change

For kicks and giggles let's weigh in on this survey:

1. How many in here live in the Cincy area?
2. How many in here have season tickets?
3. Those that live in the area, how many games a year do you attend on an average?
4. How many other old farts in here, like myself, that can say they have seen the Bengals play at Nippert, Riverfront, and Paul Brown Stadium?
5. Has anyone ever attended a Super Bowl? If so, when and where?

I'll start.

1. I lived in Dayton from October 1953 to October 1981, with a 4 year bid in the Air Force from 1971-1975.
2. Never had season tickets.
3. I would say 2 games a year on average.
4. I saw them at Nippert and Riverfront. When I left there PBS had not been built yet.
5. Never been to a Super Bowl, but I was fortunate enough to attend game 5 in the 1975 WS and game 1 in the 1976. Saw the Reds play at Crosley and Riverfront, but Great American Ballpark wasn't built when I left there.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 165
Default Re: A Fun Thread for a Change

Well I can sum up all those questions with a resounding "no" :(

next game?
Old 01-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeySailor View Post
Well I can sum up all those questions with a resounding "no" :(

next game?
Well Sailor Man, consider yourself in the special fan category holding on to the back and orange and doing it from a distance!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 52181

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1953 View Post

3. Those that live in the area, how many games a year do you attend on an average?
4. How many other old farts in here, like myself, that can say they have seen the Bengals play at Nippert, Riverfront, and Paul Brown Stadium?

I'll start.

1. I lived in Dayton from October 1953 to October 1981, with a 4 year bid in the Air Force from 1971-1975.
4. I saw them at Nippert and Riverfront. When I left there PBS had not been built yet.
5. Never been to a Super Bowl, but I was fortunate enough to attend game 5 in the 1975 WS and game 1 in the 1976. Saw the Reds play at Crosley and Riverfront, but Great American Ballpark wasn't built when I left there.
1. Lived in Cincy area from '49 to '83. '84 to '03 I lived in Atlanta, San Francisco, and St. Louis then back to Cincy in '03 and I'm still here.
2. I shared 6 season tickets with two other friends from '80 thru '08, and the years I lived elsewhere I still paid my share then sold them through my two friends when I couldn't get back to see the games. I usually made it back 3 or 4 times a year.
3. 1 or 2 games since we dropped our season tickets. After so many years of going to the games, I just enjoy watching them at home more often now - especially in colder weather.
4. Nippert, Riverfront, and PBS. I enjoy Nippert a lot, and try to see one UC game a year. Food is actually better there IMO, and there just isn't a real bad seat in the house, that I've seen anyway.
5. No Super Bowl.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21053

1. How many in here live in the Cincy area? Not since 1991.
2. How many in here have season tickets? Nope.
3. Those that live in the area, how many games a year do you attend on an average? N/A
4. How many other old farts in here, like myself, that can say they have seen the Bengals play at Nippert, Riverfront, and Paul Brown Stadium? Happy to say YES!
5. Has anyone ever attended a Super Bowl? If so, when and where? Not yet.

I'm also old enough to remember getting Bengals cards at the Tresler Comet gas station. I wish I still had mine.

Trumpy

Sam Wyche

And inside packs of Partridge hot dogs.

Just a little nostalgia for all you young guns.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11434

Careful; I've seen people on these boards claim that fans not from Cincinnati aren't fans at all.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2657

I've lived in cincy most of my life. Lived in San Diego for a bit, saw the reds and bengals play there. Lexington, ky for 6 years and the rest year. Saw the bengals play at PBS and riverfront, not nippert.

Used to average about 1.5 games a year until I went on strike against mikey b.

Saw super bowl 16 in pontiac, mi.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben zoo 2 View Post
I've lived in cincy most of my life. Lived in San Diego for a bit, saw the reds and bengals play there. Lexington, ky for 6 years and the rest year. Saw the bengals play at PBS and riverfront, not nippert.

Used to average about 1.5 games a year until I went on strike against mikey b.

Saw super bowl 16 in pontiac, mi.
Wow! Great Superbowl frustrating to be on the losing end!!

Loved the Kenny Anderson teams. Talk about an underrated QB!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18120

1. I live just across the river from Cincinnati. I live so close that you can see the buildings in Cinci from some neighborhoods (including my backyard growing up). I lived in Cinci for five months after the wreck because I was air cared to UC Hospital the night of the wreck.
2. Technically no because they try to make me buy a seat license for my wheelchair, which that's stupid, both financially and theoretically so I just buy single game tickets to every game.
3. Usually every home game in the regular season and playoffs.
4. Saw them play at Riverfront and obviously Paul Brown. Don't think I'm old enough for when they played at Nippert, but I played there in high school pre-tree (UC's stadium, right?)
5. Only in the fourth grade when my pee-wee team won our league Super Bowl (Does that count?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
Careful; I've seen people on these boards claim that fans not from Cincinnati aren't fans at all.
People who don't live here in Cinci are fans, but they just don't have Bengal Tiger blood like some of us fans from here do

Quote:
Wow! Great Superbowl frustrating to be on the losing end!!

Loved the Kenny Anderson teams. Talk about an underrated QB!!!
I dated his daughter in grade school............... be jealous

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 25

I'm a fan from Alaska so my answers are all no. I'll definitely make it there to see a game though.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8668

This is a fun thread! I live in SWPA. I keep kicking around the idea of driving out for a game.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
1. I live just across the river from Cincinnati. I live so close that you can see the buildings in Cinci from some neighborhoods (including my backyard growing up). I lived in Cinci for five months after the wreck because I was air cared to UC Hospital the night of the wreck.
2. Technically no because they try to make me buy a seat license for my wheelchair, which that's stupid, both financially and theoretically so I just buy single game tickets to every game.
3. Usually every home game in the regular season and playoffs.
4. Saw them play at Riverfront and obviously Paul Brown. Don't think I'm old enough for when they played at Nippert, but I played there in high school pre-tree (UC's stadium, right?)
5. Only in the fourth grade when my pee-wee team won our league Super Bowl (Does that count?)

People who don't live here in Cinci are fans, but they just don't have Bengal Tiger blood like some of us fans from here do

I dated his daughter in grade school............... be jealous
You dated Kenny's daughter?? Wow! Is he as nice and humble in person as he appeared to be on the field and in interviews?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
This is a fun thread! I live in SWPA. I keep kicking around the idea of driving out for a game.
SWPA??? My wife is from Walnutport which is an old country town near Bethlehem and Allentown. Anywhere close to that?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5416

Quote:

I'll start.

1. I had lived in Cincinnati all my life except for 1974 to 1978 when I went to OSU.
2. No season tickets now, but my family had them from the inaugural 1968 season until the early 90's when Shula proved to be too much.
3. One maybe two.
4. I have seen Bengal games at all three stadiums, Nippert, Riverfront and PBS.
5. I have never been to a Super Bowl and have no desire to go no matter who is playing. Saw the 1970 major league baseball All-Star game when Pete ended Fosse's career. Sensational.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18120

Quote:
You dated Kenny's daughter?? Wow! Is he as nice and humble in person as he appeared to be on the field and in interviews?
Yes sir. Great dude

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlotharw View Post
1. I had lived in Cincinnati all my life except for 1974 to 1978 when I went to OSU.
2. No season tickets now, but my family had them from the inaugural 1968 season until the early 90's when Shula proved to be too much.
3. One maybe two.
4. I have seen Bengal games at all three stadiums, Nippert, Riverfront and PBS.
5. I have never been to a Super Bowl and have no desire to go no matter who is playing. Saw the 1970 major league baseball All-Star game when Pete ended Fosse's career. Sensational.
You must have graduated high school in '74? I graduated HS in Dayton in '71. Will never forget the powerhouse Moeller football teams back then. Do they still dominate today?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5416

Quote:
You must have graduated high school in '74? I graduated HS in Dayton in '71. Will never forget the powerhouse Moeller football teams back then. Do they still dominate today?
Exactly. 1974. Moeller finally won a state football title this year for the first time in about 20 years.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:29 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 23305

1. How many in here live in the Cincy area? Not since 1998.
2. How many in here have season tickets? Not since Dad, he was a season ticket holder for Riverfront..
3. Those that live in the area, how many games a year do you attend on an average? I don't live in the area anymore, but I try and make it to 1 home game a season.
4. How many other old farts in here, like myself, that can say they have seen the Bengals play at Nippert, Riverfront, and Paul Brown Stadium? 2/3, never been to Nippert.
5. Has anyone ever attended a Super Bowl? If so, when and where? Went to the Detroit SB40. Wore my Bengals jersey in attendance.
Fluff so hard all the dudes wanna find me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal John View Post
My favorite is balls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
Ask him if you could tag team.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 42

Was born in Cincinnati, raised in Dayton. I lived in Cincinnati for many years, but left in 2011.

Had season tickets with my parents for 14 years. Gave them up after the second year in PBS.

I live in Florida now, but I try to see about 2 or 3 games a year, including preseason.

Sorry. I had season tickets in Riverfront for 12 years, PBS for 2 years. Never made it to Nippert.

No. My parents went to Miami to watch the Bengals, but alas, I didn't.

I still never miss a Bengals game. I go to my local Buffalo Wild Wings (outside Tampa) whenever they're on. I even traveled to Jacksonville to watch them beat the Jaguars this past season. I got pictures with Orson Charles' mother, Dunlap's parents, and Geathers' father in Jacksonville. A.J. Green's parents were there, but I couldn't find them.

Who Dey 'til I die!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1350

1. Yes, all my life
2. No
3. 8-10 (sometimes I don't go to the preseason games)
4. No, Yes, Yes
5. No, unfortunately
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1797

[quote=jack1953;2789617]For kicks and giggles let's weigh in on this survey:

1. How many in here live in the Cincy area? born and raised in the Nashville TN area, been here all my life.
2. How many in here have season tickets? no
3. Those that live in the area, how many games a year do you attend on an average? I have only attended one game in Cincy, but have been to every Titans/Bengals game here
5. Has anyone ever attended a Super Bowl? If so, when and where? no but will one day
Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8668

Quote:
SWPA??? My wife is from Walnutport which is an old country town near Bethlehem and Allentown. Anywhere close to that?
That's pretty far away. I'm 30 miles away from Pittsburgh.

I do get out to West Chester for work every now and then. I think that's fairly close to where she is from.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 7500

1. I was born and raised here. I moved to Ft. Campbell, KY for 4 years and then came back home.
2. I do not have season tickets presently.
3. I go to every $hitsburg and Stain home game, so 2 per year.
4. I saw the Bengals play at Nippert (I was 5 at the time), my dad had season tix in Riverfront.
5. Haven't been able to afford to go yet.

ALL IN FOR ANDY
Old 01-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 359

Born and raised...now live in Covington, which is part of Cincy.

Did from 2005-2010

4 in 2011, 2 last season...hopefully more once the kid gets bigger

Just Riverfront and PBS

Nope, but remember Montana->Taylor like it was yesterday
Old 01-24-2013, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 379

1. How many in here live in the Cincy area? Does Xenia count as Cincy area? or Dayton?
2. How many in here have season tickets? 2013 is my third year as a ticket holder
3. Those that live in the area, how many games a year do you attend on an average? 8 in 2012, missed both Manning games due to illness.
4. How many other old farts in here, like myself, that can say they have seen the Bengals play at Nippert, Riverfront, and Paul Brown Stadium? I have not, I grew up in St. Louis
5. Has anyone ever attended a Super Bowl? If so, when and where? Nope, probably never will