Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8152
Default BengalzHacker Mock Draft v.2.0...

1st Round: Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia - Our need at this position almost demands this pick. I know he's raw but that's what they said about Odell Thurman and he turned out to be pretty good until the drug use got him.

2nd Round (#1): Matt Elam, S, Florida - Another HUGE needs for this team. I think he'd be a great value at this spot.

2nd Round (#2): Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina - We've got to get a RB that can be a threat everytime he touches the ball and who has a better than average chance of having the ball thrown to him as handed to him. This could be that guy.

3rd Round: Chris Faulk, OT, LSU - OL has got to improve. I think Whitt is on the down side and we don't know what may actually happen with Smith.

4th Round: Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois - Let Geathers walk and bring in this guy. Got to believe he could be just as productive, maybe even better. Certainly cheaper. Leave more money for our FAs.

5th Round: Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M - Yeah, can't forget OLB position needs help too. This guy could be a solution to the problem.

6th Round (#1): Ace Sanders, WR, South Carolina - Two words: Tate's replacement!

6th Round (#2): Graham Pocic, OC, Illinois Interior OL is a problem for this team. Big Ten Center who should be used to large DL. No reason why he couldn't compete at the C position anyway.

Let me know what you all think. Better than v.1.0? I hope...
Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2783
Default Re: BengalzHacker Mock Draft v.2.0...

The only thing that could make me like this more, is if somehow Frederick lasted to that 3rd round pick....

pretty awesome draft tho.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

As of now, too early for Faulk, too late for Porter
I guess you could switch them.

I'm leaning towards getting a bigger safety with the ability to cover TE's.

Pretty solid overall though.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalzHacker View Post
1st Round: Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia - Our need at this position almost demands this pick. I know he's raw but that's what they said about Odell Thurman and he turned out to be pretty good until the drug use got him.

2nd Round (#1): Matt Elam, S, Florida - Another HUGE needs for this team. I think he'd be a great value at this spot.

2nd Round (#2): Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina - We've got to get a RB that can be a threat everytime he touches the ball and who has a better than average chance of having the ball thrown to him as handed to him. This could be that guy.

3rd Round: Chris Faulk, OT, LSU - OL has got to improve. I think Whitt is on the down side and we don't know what may actually happen with Smith.

4th Round: Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois - Let Geathers walk and bring in this guy. Got to believe he could be just as productive, maybe even better. Certainly cheaper. Leave more money for our FAs.

5th Round: Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M - Yeah, can't forget OLB position needs help too. This guy could be a solution to the problem.

6th Round (#1): Ace Sanders, WR, South Carolina - Two words: Tate's replacement!

6th Round (#2): Graham Pocic, OC, Illinois Interior OL is a problem for this team. Big Ten Center who should be used to large DL. No reason why he couldn't compete at the C position anyway.

Let me know what you all think. Better than v.1.0? I hope...
i like this draft, would like to replace bernard though just not sold on him and since there are no stand out backs in this draft i think the bengals could wait and pick up a steal in later rounds like barner, zac stacy, joseph randle, kid from stanford or the one at ucla, what i wouldn't mind seeing is the bengals dropping down in the first round and pick up an extra 3 or 4th rounder, and then maybe packaging a 6th and that extra 3rd or 4th and moving back into the 2nd to have three 2nd rounders...
Old 01-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 296

dog porter aint lasting til the fifth. if he did tho that would be the most epic value pick