Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13510
Default Re: The upcoming Har(bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Dixon isn't Kaepernick either.

I don't see why you or your other fellow Ravens brethren can't see this. Did you watch this guy against the Packers and the Falcons?

Just sayin'...
I liked this kid when he played for Nevada, and actually got to see him play several times. Jim Harbaugh clearly knew what he was doing when he drafted Colin in the 3rd round. (In fact, one pick after Cincinnati selected QB, Andy Dalton) This post is not to disrespect Colin, but just to point out the overall ridiculous build-up the Networks, (and we know who they are) the same bunch that worshipped Tebow, RG3 and all the other some warranted and mostly created BS we have to endure.

Again, I think he, Colin will have a nice career.

This kid has all the measurables, but he's played or I should say started 9 freaking games. I repeat, 9 freaking games. I think the 49ers will play a good game for all the apparent reasons that are very similar to the Ravens. Balance, Strong Running game, Special Teams, and Line play. But, forgive me for not overdosing on the hysteria that we call Sports Media today. It's pitiful. The current NFL or I should say correctly the current Media Outlets want to force players on us, without any resumes or established history.

It was just two years ago, Michael Vick who had but only one very good year in his NFL Career as a passer, was being crowned the next HOF NFL QB. Now he is an after thought, and rightfully so. This year it was the Tebow-Training-Camp love-fest by ESPN. Three years ago it was Sam Bradford... My point is. Let time take it's course. Whether it's Joe, Ben, Russell, Cam, Tony or any other talented player. Football is a team game that relies on many teammates executing to succeed. The league is becoming harder to stomach for the very reasons it has succeeded. The Networks.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 01-23-2013, 10:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
I liked this kid when he played for Nevada, and actually got to see him play several times. Jim Harbaugh clearly knew what he was doing when he drafted Colin in the 3rd round. (In fact, one pick after Cincinnati selected QB, Andy Dalton) This post is not to disrespect Colin, but just to point out the overall ridiculous build-up the Networks, (and we know who they are) the same bunch that worshipped Tebow, RG3 and all the other some warranted and mostly created BS we have to endure.

Again, I think he, Colin will have a nice career.

This kid has all the measurables, but he's played or I should say started 9 freaking games. I repeat, 9 freaking games. I think the 49ers will play a good game for all the apparent reasons that are very similar to the Ravens. Balance, Strong Running game, Special Teams, and Line play. But, forgive me for not overdosing on the hysteria that we call Sports Media today. It's pitiful. The current NFL or I should say correctly the current Media Outlets want to force players on us, without any resumes or established history.

It was just two years ago, Michael Vick who had but only one very good year in his NFL Career as a passer, was being crowned the next HOF NFL QB. Now he is an after thought, and rightfully so. This year it was the Tebow-Training-Camp love-fest by ESPN. Three years ago it was Sam Bradford... My point is. Let time take it's course. Whether it's Joe, Ben, Russell, Cam, Tony or any other talented player. Football is a team game that relies on many teammates executing to succeed. The league is becoming harder to stomach for the very reasons it has succeeded. The Networks.
Are you freakin' kidding me?!!

The Bengals had a chance to pick up Kaepernick and they chose Dalton instead?

All I can say is... wow... just... wow...
Old 01-23-2013, 10:52 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18257

Quote:
Are you freakin' kidding me?!!

The Bengals had a chance to pick up Kaepernick and they chose Dalton instead?

All I can say is... wow... just... wow...
Haha I know..it's actually kind of funny..scratch that. Hilarious.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
Does this not get through your thick skull?

No one here is saying Dixon or Tyrod is Kaepernick. They are similar in regards to how they play the QB position. Thats what they are getting at.

Here.

The Colts are facing the 49ners in the Superbowl. You have Dennis Dixon as a backup..

Do you have your 1st string Defense run plays against Luck who is nothing SIMILAR to Kaepernick or do you have them play against Dixon who has the ability to throw as well as take off with his feet.

This is a simple question.
Uhh... you know how Flacco has that strong arm that can throw a football the length of the field? You know... those 70 yd bombs? Yeah, well... Kaepernick can do that too - with accuracy. So, while the Ravens defense concentrates on defending against a running QB, they may forget that if the Niners receivers somehow gets past their cornerbacks, they could end up being on the receiving end of one of Kaepernicks long bombs to the endzone.

That's the problem with trying to simulate a QB like Kaepernick - you just can't! Now matter who they use to simulate, it's not even going to come close. That's why I see the Niners having the edge. Kaepernick is just that far ahead of any backup QB that the Ravens or pretty much anyone in the NFL can use right now.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
If I were a Bengal fan, this knowledge would have me livid. What a BONEHEADED move!

And this time, it can't be attributed to Mike Brown's cheapness. They were both rookies!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Uhh... you know how Flacco has that strong arm that can throw a football the length of the field? You know... those 70 yd bombs? Yeah, well... Kaepernick can do that too - with accuracy. So, while the Ravens defense concentrates on defending against a running QB, they may forget that if the Niners receivers somehow gets past their cornerbacks, they could end up being on the receiving end of one of Kaepernicks long bombs to the endzone.

That's the problem with trying to simulate a QB like Kaepernick - you just can't! Now matter who they use to simulate, it's not even going to come close. That's why I see the Niners having the edge. Kaepernick is just that far ahead of any backup QB that the Ravens or pretty much anyone in the NFL can use right now.
Again you think the Ravens players don't know this? lol come on dude you gotta be serious. A lot of QBs can throw the deep ball. The Ravens know how defend that. Not a lot of QBs can run like him so thats why they will more than likely prepare with a running QB. Flacco will get his reps.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Again you think the Ravens players don't know this? lol come on dude you gotta be serious. A lot of QBs can throw the deep ball. The Ravens know how defend that. Not a lot of QBs can run like him so thats why they will more than likely prepare with a running QB. Flacco will get his reps.
Apparently, not Andy Dalton. You know, the QB that the Bengals chose instead of Kaepernick. So, I'm trying to understand what exactly can Andy Dalton do BETTER than Kaepernick that he got chosen instead.

Dude... this is just too funny!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

Kaepernick is prone to mistakes. His arm is not better than Bobbie G's. it's not the mobile QB that give Ravens some problems. It's RBs. The key will be stopping Frank Gore. I think we make him a pocket passer and send deceptive blitzes on key downs. Unlike Manning and Brady, Kaepernick will not be able to recognize our blitzes. If we blitz and they move the pocket it could negate our blitzes. Deception is key against a young CB.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Kaepernick is prone to mistakes. His arm is not better than Bobbie G's. it's not the mobile QB that give Ravens some problems. It's RBs. The key will be stopping Frank Gore. I think we make him a pocket passer and send deceptive blitzes on key downs. Unlike Manning and Brady, Kaepernick will not be able to recognize our blitzes. If we blitz and they move the pocket it could negate our blitzes. Deception is key against a young CB.
Throw in the fact I think Suggs has some form of rabies..he might be in for a long day

but in all serious if the Ravens can stop the option and contain Gore I think they win. Manning and Brady both have better arms than Kaepernick so if I'm a Ravens fan I'm confident in the coverage. The running d has been suspect and terrible all year. They stop the run..blitz and force him to throw to Crabtree, Moss, Davis or anyone.. Reed may win MVP
Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I think that's what the Falcons did. If you looked at how many yards Kaepernick ran against the Falcons, it wasn't that much. They pretty much forced him to pass. Also, you have to remember that the Falcons had one of the most, if not the most opportunistic secondary in the NFL. Yet, in the end, it was Matty Ice who made the mistakes, not Kaepernick.

Also... and this is a pretty serious question... how well does Joe Flacco play in a domed stadium? Kaepernick just got done playing in a dome. A pretty noisy one at that. Some QB's prefer open stadiums over domed ones. I just happen to notice that every stadium in the AFC North is an open stadium. So, maybe... just maybe, Flacco is used to playing in open stadiums.

Now, there "is" evidence that the Ravens defense can confuse a high caliber QB. They did it against Andrew Luck. Now, the big question is... is Kaepernick really better than Andrew Luck? If he's not, then the Ravens win the Superbowl. It's really that simple.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I think that's what the Falcons did. If you looked at how many yards Kaepernick ran against the Falcons, it wasn't that much. They pretty much forced him to pass. Also, you have to remember that the Falcons had one of the most, if not the most opportunistic secondary in the NFL. Yet, in the end, it was Matty Ice who made the mistakes, not Kaepernick.

Also... and this is a pretty serious question... how well does Joe Flacco play in a domed stadium? Kaepernick just got done playing in a dome. A pretty noisy one at that. Some QB's prefer open stadiums over domed ones. .
Falcons D IS NOT the Ravens D! Let the Ravens go up 17-0. 49ers would not come back. And the Gore killed the Falcons more so than Kaep.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

Quote:
Apparently, not Andy Dalton. You know, the QB that the Bengals chose instead of Kaepernick. So, I'm trying to understand what exactly can Andy Dalton do BETTER than Kaepernick that he got chosen instead.

Dalton needs a strong-willed coach over him..Arena football and the NFL are different!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17565

Quote:
Lol!

Look... why don't you just ask 34 that you want to be a Moderator, okay? That way, you can fulfill that dream of yours since this forum opened.
This forum opened in 2005. I registered in 2009. Check your math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:00 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Quote:
Because Kaepernick definitely would have succeeded here, I mean it's not like he's on a great team that Alex Smith took to the NFC Championship game last year. And it's not like his Coordinators actually play to his strengths. Jay Gruden doesn't call any plays that work to Andy's strengths(see the constant deep balls), what makes you think he would have run the read option instead of trying to turn him into something he isn't?

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Falcons D IS NOT the Ravens D! Let the Ravens go up 17-0. 49ers would not come back. And the Gore killed the Falcons more so than Kaep.
Okay, you answered that... but... how does Flacco play inside a dome?

Kaepernick has shown he can. Flacco has played in open stadiums during the entire playoffs. Usually, in a dome, the noise level affects the offense more than the defense.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3942

Quote:

Why are you surprised? You used to always say the bengals FO could never draft right.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Why are you surprised? You used to always say the bengals FO could never draft right.
Not their fault that Mel Kiper misses every once in awhile.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 01-23-2013, 11:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Well, clearly they don't!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Because Kaepernick definitely would have succeeded here, I mean it's not like he's on a great team that Alex Smith took to the NFC Championship game last year. And it's not like his Coordinators actually play to his strengths. Jay Gruden doesn't call any plays that work to Andy's strengths(see the constant deep balls), what makes you think he would have run the read option instead of trying to turn him into something he isn't?
Oh... okay... so that's the excuse? Andy Dalton is actually an awesome QB, but he's saddled with coaches that can't coach and a team that's sub-par? Is that it? Did I get that right?

Oh, and... he's SO AWESOME that despite those 2 handicaps, he managed to get the Bengals to back-to-back playoffs, right?

So, that dude... Kaepernick.... is in the Superbowl because he just got lucky and fell into and awesome team with awesome coaches? But he, Kaepernick, is just an ordinary QB, not on the same awesome level as Dalton.

Okay! Wow! I guess you told me, huh? I mean... what would I know about good QB's, right? The Colts just got rid of that hack with the 4 neck surgeries and they replaced him with some dude named Luck who... well, just got lucky, right?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13377

Quote:
Oh... okay... so that's the excuse? Andy Dalton is actually an awesome QB, but he's saddled with coaches that can't coach and a team that's sub-par? Is that it? Did I get that right?

Oh, and... he's SO AWESOME that despite those 2 handicaps, he managed to get the Bengals to back-to-back playoffs, right?

So, that dude... Kaepernick.... is in the Superbowl because he just got lucky and fell into and awesome team with awesome coaches? But he, Kaepernick, is just an ordinary QB, not on the same awesome level as Dalton.

Okay! Wow! I guess you told me, huh? I mean... what would I know about good QB's, right? The Colts just got rid of that hack with the 4 neck surgeries and they replaced him with some dude named Luck who... well, just got lucky, right?
LMAO did you really just call Peyton Manning a hack?

It must be way past your bed time.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 01-23-2013, 11:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
LMAO did you really just call Peyton Manning a hack?

It must be way past your bed time.
I was being sarcastic, dude...
Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Quote:

Did I say he was ordinary? No. But if Jim Harbaugh could make Alex freakin Smith look good why is it a surprise Kaepernick is playing well? Our defense got us into back to back playoffs genius.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-24-2013, 06:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Okay, you answered that... but... how does Flacco play inside a dome?

Kaepernick has shown he can. Flacco has played in open stadiums during the entire playoffs. Usually, in a dome, the noise level affects the offense more than the defense.
Flacco has a 97.8 QB rating average when he has extra time to prepare, plays in a dome or is playing a post season game.

The stadium would be filled with atleast half Ravens fans. Noise would be different for the O.
Most say that M&T is louder than most Domes.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3942

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
This forum opened in 2005. I registered in 2009. Check your math.
It just feels like you've been here that long.

Last edited by Woodley; 01-24-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35053

Quote:
First of all, congrats to the Ravens. Flacco seems to be coming on his own and it appears that I was too hasty about my opinion on Jim Caldwell. There were rumors that Peyton used to contradict most of his play calling. He appears to be not such a bad Offensive Coordinator after all.

So, now we have the teams of Jim and John Harbaugh in the Superbowl. The last time these 2 teams met, the Ravens beat the Niners. Pretty convincingly, I might add. So now, it would be interesting to hear everyone's opinion on who's going to win and why.

I'll start by saying that although my heart wants the Ravens to win, I'm afraid their defense does not have an answer to the Niner's very unusual QB, Kaepernick. I've actually never seen a QB like that guy. He can throw AND run! Equally well. It's not easy to come back from being 17 points behind in a championship game, but that kid did it. He did it with passing, running, and making some good decisions on the field. Also, the Niners defense is pretty good. It may not be as good as the Ravens, but it's good enough to win games.

Anyway, that's my opinion.
You owe that dude money
Hes copy righted HarB**l and HarbraughB**l the NFL is trying to steal them back instead of jus tpaying the man.