Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 12-26-2012, 06:26 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25114
Default Re: Mockreational 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
The more I watch Polamolu the more I feel Elam is our carbon copy. I love the way he plays the game. The guy brings it just like #43. Lets get him in stripes!
Who dey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
That's how i feel about him.
So you think he is a guy who needs to be constantly surrounded by top tier talent and an incredible front 7 so he can just run around doing whatever he wants (and getting away with it from the league office) and not really have a designed position or role?

Polumalu is a rover. He isn't good in coverage when he has to cover a man, or even a zone.
He basically just sits back there and runs around. Outside of the Pittsburgh defense, with the stellar front 7, Troy is just an average safety. In that system, he is great.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:52 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 496

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
So you think he is a guy who needs to be constantly surrounded by top tier talent and an incredible front 7 so he can just run around doing whatever he wants (and getting away with it from the league office) and not really have a designed position or role?

Polumalu is a rover. He isn't good in coverage when he has to cover a man, or even a zone.
He basically just sits back there and runs around. Outside of the Pittsburgh defense, with the stellar front 7, Troy is just an average safety. In that system, he is great.
We can agree to disagree on this point. There are alot of quality safties in this draft but they all have deficiencies in thier games. I'm just one that thinks Elam is the top " true" SS in the class and would be unbelievable for our secondary.

Last edited by BBlesmiley; 12-26-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4233

Quote:

Hmm no....

I think he is an impact playmaker with a nose for the ball who makes plays all over the field and plays fearlessly, and is the type of defender QBs make sure they locate before they get the ball snapped.

I think the people who have votes that matter when adding members to the HoF will have a different opinion of Polamalu than you.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
Hmm no....

I think he is an impact playmaker with a nose for the ball who makes plays all over the field and plays fearlessly, and is the type of defender QBs make sure they locate before they get the ball snapped.

I think the people who have votes that matter when adding members to the HoF will have a different opinion of Polamalu than you.
Where did I say he wasn't going to the HoF?
He is a system player. He fits what Pittsburgh does. He wouldn't work everywhere. The defense is tailored for him to be able to do what he does best.
There isn't anything wrong with that but it makes comparing players to him ill-advised.

Joe Montana was a huge product of the systems put in place in SF. Doesn't make him less of a player.
A lot of players get that system boost. Troy is one of them
Old 12-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50yarder View Post
Matt Elam isnt even a 4th rounder!
1st Team All Americans rarely fall to the fifth.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2859

Let's assume/pretend we keep our FA's.

Is everybody here fine with our corner situation? Pacman, Jason Allen, Terrence Newman, and our rookie who played about 1 quarter this year? I think some 3rd round insurance might be appropriate.

I hate that we have to think about corner, since we spent a #1 last year, but when do you start to worry about Dre being repeatedly injured with a voodoo mysterious knee problem?
Old 12-29-2012, 11:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalUSCfan View Post
Let's assume/pretend we keep our FA's.

Is everybody here fine with our corner situation? Pacman, Jason Allen, Terrence Newman, and our rookie who played about 1 quarter this year? I think some 3rd round insurance might be appropriate.

I hate that we have to think about corner, since we spent a #1 last year, but when do you start to worry about Dre being repeatedly injured with a voodoo mysterious knee problem?
To be honest adding a corner at some point in the draft I think would be a good move. Yes we have a good number of guys on the roster but how many are on the back end of there careers or better yet can stay healthy. I've always thought that we still lack a true playmaker on the back end. If we dont create pressure up front our weakness in the secondary usually shows up. As far as Kirkpatrick goes I really kinda lost track of him when all his snaps came as a gunner on punt returns. My question would be why draft a first rounder to play special teams. I mean has Newman been that great.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member

I would go John simon in the third because of jeffcoats health issues.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:02 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
I don't think we will lose both. If we can't get Andre signed it would not surprise me at all if we tag him. I don't want to lose MJ, but given our recent draft history I think we could replace him with one of our 2nd round picks.

Then again, plenty of people have us taking a DE in 1 anyway.
Another RT can be found, though I do want to see us keep Andre. Do not want to lose MJ just as he's reaching his prime and see him go wreak havoc somewhere else. Seems like both should be able to be signed.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boywonder View Post
I would go John simon in the third because of jeffcoats health issues.
He projects as a linebacker in the pros because hes 6'2" but the so called experts will be wrong about him. he brings it
Old 01-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I'm not sure why you think Troy is average . COM ON MAN
Old 01-12-2013, 09:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boywonder View Post
I'm not sure why you think Troy is average . COM ON MAN
Troy outside of Pittsburgh is not great. The defense is designed to maximize his play. He has not ever been great in coverage.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 105

I was wondering if you knew Jeffcoat was going back to Texas next year. Jenkins is the kind of player ML loves because he will see Peter Boulware
Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Troy outside of Pittsburgh is not great. The defense is designed to maximize his play. He has not ever been great in coverage.
You wouldn't want him as a Bengal. I can't recall him being a terrible coverage guy unless I'm missing something. 1st ballot HOF
Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I was wondering if you knew Jeffcoat was going back to Texas next year. Jenkins is the kind of player ML loves because he will see Peter Boulware
The class is mediocre after the 3rd for the DE in my opinion.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:05 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
dont like this draft at all
Hits all the needs
Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Matt Elam isnt even a 4th rounder!
Please explain because I have to know why you believe that. I had him mocked in the 3rd but that was last May so his stock has risen at least until the late first early second. He may rise a bit further after the combine.

Last edited by BBlesmiley; 01-18-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
Please explain because I have to know why you believe that. I had him mocked in the 3rd but that was last May so his stock has risen at least until the late first early second. He may rise a bit further after the combine.
He cant tackle well.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20599

Quote:
He cant tackle well.
I've read a couple times recently what an excellent tackler he is.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 78

This is a great mock but it needs a wide reciever.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:10 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime100 View Post
This is a great mock but it needs a wide reciever.
Why? Where? We have Sanu, Marvin, Baby Hawk, and then two great receiving tight ends. (Tate ***** so I hope he's gone because I don't want him returning punts and Whalen is garbage.)

If we can find a guy later (4th round at the earliest) that's a sleeper, then maybe, but I don't see it as somewhere that we can really upgrade too much.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Why? Where? We have Sanu, Marvin, Baby Hawk, and then two great receiving tight ends. (Tate ***** so I hope he's gone because I don't want him returning punts and Whalen is garbage.)

If we can find a guy later (4th round at the earliest) that's a sleeper, then maybe, but I don't see it as somewhere that we can really upgrade too much.
2 Questions
1.Did you see the playoff game.
2. Which reciever besides AJ had 500 yards recieving.
I'll get off the phone and listen popo.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime100 View Post
2 Questions
1.Did you see the playoff game.
2. Which reciever besides AJ had 500 yards recieving.
I'll get off the phone and listen popo.
Pretty much spot-on.

IF we rely on what we have at WR, we are rolling the dice.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Pretty much spot-on.

IF we rely on what we have at WR, we are rolling the dice.
The sooner people understand that the better off the team will be.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 688

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post

We must be watching two different teams. Who are the two great TEs? We have Gresham who is a very good player but makes to many mistakes and disappears to often in games to be considered great. While I like Charles calling a guy with eight career receptions a great recieving TE is a joke.

I like the young WRs as well but this team should be a legitimate championship contender next year. But not if they get they same production out of the offense. These young WR could be great next year but you could still add some talent, then worst case scenario you have too many WRs. But the real worst case scenario is they do not progress and you end up with a similiar offense as last year which will likely cost them a shot at a championship.

I understand the appeal of upgrading the safety position and adding youth to the CB position, but this defense was very good last year with what they had. Assuming they bring back a good amount of the FA I think adding some talent at the WR, RB, and LB position is a must.