Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:57 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 510
Default Online Football Simulator

Has anyone tried a football simulator lately. I used to play one online about 6 years ago but the site is nonexistant now a days. I've googled for the simulators and noticed there were a few more out there.

My question to you is....if you play, which site do you prefer? I'm looking for a free site and don't have to download anything.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 03:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12234
Default Re: Online Football Simulator

There are a few sites where you can play Tecmo Super Bowl for free and without downloading anything. However, I suspect that's not the type of simulator you were referring to.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu View Post
There are a few sites where you can play Tecmo Super Bowl for free and without downloading anything. However, I suspect that's not the type of simulator you were referring to.
Thanks, but no thanks on the Tecmo Bowl. I've been there and had fun for a while. I still play tecmo bowl on my kids DS. Funny thing, I was undefeated going into week 16. AI just didn't want me to win. I had 5 fumbles and 2 picks (picks happened when the computer picked the same play. Sad thing was...This happened on Saturday night before the playoff game. I blame the playoff lose on my tecmobowl loss.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3061

Football Mogul 2012 if you are interested in a simulator or whatifsports.com is another one.

"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Old 01-23-2013, 03:47 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73249

goallineblitz?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 7463

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballBender View Post
Has anyone tried a football simulator lately. I used to play one online about 6 years ago but the site is nonexistant now a days. I've googled for the simulators and noticed there were a few more out there.

My question to you is....if you play, which site do you prefer? I'm looking for a free site and don't have to download anything.

Thanks

I would check with Hustler Hollywood. Football-sized stimulators are probably their specialty.

ALL IN FOR ANDY
Old 01-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 7463

Wait. What?

S-I-M-U-L-A-T-O-R-S

Dang, I'm getting old. Sorry about that!

ALL IN FOR ANDY
Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black Attack View Post
Football Mogul 2012 if you are interested in a simulator or whatifsports.com is another one.
Just checked whatifsports.com...that's not exactly what i'm looking for but found it very interesting.

for $hits and giggles...I placed 2012 Bengals vs 2005 Bengals. For the offense- 2012=West Coast because Jay Gruden's system is supposed to resemble a WC Offense and for 2005=Pass Heavy.

http://www.whatifsports.com/NFL/boxs...ee=-1&theme=-1

I'll check out football mogul next...thanks for the idea's.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20842

I think Cleveland bought one. Oh wait, they beat us once this year.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2925

Deeproute.com

Really in depth game where you act as the coach over a team you create. Set your draft, make your own playbooks, lineups.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 01-24-2013, 02:32 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7591

Quote:
Just checked whatifsports.com...that's not exactly what i'm looking for but found it very interesting.

for $hits and giggles...I placed 2012 Bengals vs 2005 Bengals. For the offense- 2012=West Coast because Jay Gruden's system is supposed to resemble a WC Offense and for 2005=Pass Heavy.

http://www.whatifsports.com/NFL/boxs...ee=-1&theme=-1

I'll check out football mogul next...thanks for the idea's.
They have MJ getting 4 sacks against 05 Levi Jones. Yeah I'm sorry I just don't see that.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-25-2013, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
Deeproute.com

Really in depth game where you act as the coach over a team you create. Set your draft, make your own playbooks, lineups.
Thanks...I've signed up and hopped into a league. A little different than what i'm accustomed to. I see I have a 2 week trial then it goes vanilla on me in the playbook. How vanilla does it go to?

Basically, I used to use myfootballsim.com back in the day but they only ran single seasons and eventually became non-existant (funny, this site was created from 2 guys that live in Europe and were Bengals fans....). For the plays, it was broken down to %'s of plays you want to use for every situation. from a 4&2 on the opponents side I would run more plays than punt but of course 4&2 on my side is 100% punt. It would take a good 20-30 mins to get all the plays you want for every situation but it worked. I'm seeing in deeproute that the play calling is a little less complicated but still trying out the effectiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
goallineblitz?
Thanks...this is really interesting. To be able to create a player and have him get signed to a team is a good twist to the football simulator. Unfortunetely that's all i've done so far. My guy got signed to a team that just finished the season...so now i'm just waiting for the next season to start. I still need to sit down and find a league to control a team to get what i'm looking for.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:00 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2925

Quote:
Thanks...I've signed up and hopped into a league. A little different than what i'm accustomed to. I see I have a 2 week trial then it goes vanilla on me in the playbook. How vanilla does it go to?

Basically, I used to use myfootballsim.com back in the day but they only ran single seasons and eventually became non-existant (funny, this site was created from 2 guys that live in Europe and were Bengals fans....). For the plays, it was broken down to %'s of plays you want to use for every situation. from a 4&2 on the opponents side I would run more plays than punt but of course 4&2 on my side is 100% punt. It would take a good 20-30 mins to get all the plays you want for every situation but it worked. I'm seeing in deeproute that the play calling is a little less complicated but still trying out the effectiveness

Thanks...this is really interesting. To be able to create a player and have him get signed to a team is a good twist to the football simulator. Unfortunetely that's all i've done so far. My guy got signed to a team that just finished the season...so now i'm just waiting for the next season to start. I still need to sit down and find a league to control a team to get what i'm looking for.
Pretty basic stuff once it goes vanilla, but it's not a monthly payment. You just drop 10-20 bucks whenever you want to get some tokens and renew your playbooks. I usually only spend ten dollars and it gives me my playbooks for about 1-2 seasons. Amazed the game is still running, the owner said he's never had profit from it and he's actually losing money, but he keeps it up

I didn't like GLB because of the outlandish stats and scores. The 256-146 games and RBs having 4000 yards and 90 TDs in one season was pretty weak..

Adrian "All Day" Peterson