Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1298
Default Is It Deliberate or Just Nonsense??

I understand that these forums are a place where people can air their opinions, even though opinions are like 'elbows' everyone has at least two.

But I have to believe that either some of the 'Bengal fans' either come in here with nothing better to do than to start serious nonsense bulimia, just to get debates and arguments going, or there are people really that negative, naive, and disgruntled about 'their' team?

The jury is still out on this.

If I were following a team that made me as miserable and frustrated as some in here, I would either have to stop rooting for them and find another team, or just stop watching football, because life's too short for me to be that messed up.

Having said that, I gotta believe that most of those folks know better, but are just stirring the pot for entertainment!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14506
Default Re: Is It Deliberate or Just Nonsense??

If you think it's bad now just wait a month or so.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan74 View Post
If you think it's bad now just wait a month or so.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8668

So this should be a cheerleading forum where we suppress comparisons?

Dalton is the next Elway! Tate is going to have 1200 yards receiving!

Is that what you want?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
So this should be a cheerleading forum where we suppress comparisons?

Dalton is the next Elway! Tate is going to have 1200 yards receiving!

Is that what you want?
I don't want anything. See my response post I made to you in another thread. It's not about me. I'm just not going to let myself get all jacked up over a game!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7932

The big problem is that people just like to say, for example "Dalton Stinks" and they leave it there and contribute nothing else. Instead, we should be discussing how the team can make Dalton better, like getting him a number 2 WR, a run game and a better line to protect him.

If "Dalton Stinks" when he has these things, then the "Dalton Stinks" threads are justified.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1953 View Post
I don't want anything. See my response post I made to you in another thread. It's not about me. I'm just not going to let myself get all jacked up over a game!
Let the dark side flow through your veins.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14506

There are people on here (myself included) that are critical of the coaches, players, owner etc. at times and with good reason for the most part. They usually present a reasonable arguement why they think this or that and most on here have no problem with that.

And then there are those that bash incessantly and are mostly just trying to pick a fight.

And then there are those that everythings peaches and cream all the time.

You'll learn who's who as you hang around here.

But wouldn't it be pretty boring if we all agreed on everything all the time ?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
The big problem is that people just like to say, for example "Dalton Stinks" and they leave it there and contribute nothing else. Instead, we should be discussing how the team can make Dalton better, like getting him a number 2 WR, a run game and a better line to protect him.

If "Dalton Stinks" when he has these things, then the "Dalton Stinks" threads are justified.
Let's give Sanu a shot!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan74 View Post
There are people on here (myself included) that are critical of the coaches, players, owner etc. at times and with good reason for the most part. They usually present a reasonable arguement why they think this or that and most on here have no problem with that.

And then there are those that bash incessantly and are mostly just trying to pick a fight.

And then there are those that everythings peaches and cream all the time.

You'll learn who's who as you hang around here.

But wouldn't it be pretty boring if we all agreed on everything all the time ?
A big difference between agreeing and nonsense. It's the second group you describe that I find entertaining and at the same time irritating! lol

I'm just one of those fans that know no matter what I think, Mike Brown is going to do what HE thinks is best, and it is what it is!

I grew up with the Bengals, and I loved the Kenny Anderson teams, but IMHO I still believe the squad the Bengals have now, with everyone healthy, has the best potential of ANY previous team.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8668

Quote:
A big difference between agreeing and nonsense. It's the second group you describe that I find entertaining and at the same time irritating! lol

I'm just one of those fans that know no matter what I think, Mike Brown is going to do what HE thinks is best, and it is what it is!

I grew up with the Bengals, and I loved the Kenny Anderson teams, but IMHO I still believe the squad the Bengals have now, with everyone healthy, has the best potential of ANY previous team.
He does what he thinks has the most value. As a result we go into the season with glaring holes like WR2. Guard 2 years ago.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Let the dark side flow through your veins.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11091

We have the best team Cincinnati's had in 20+ years, but if they're not in the Super Bowl, everything and everyone stinks. I mean, its not like it takes time to build a successful team or anything.

I get it; you're tired of waiting - we all are. But eventually you have to face reality; its going to take time.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:41 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14834

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
We have the best team Cincinnati's had in 20+ years, but if they're not in the Super Bowl, everything and everyone stinks. I mean, its not like it takes time to build a successful team or anything.

I get it; you're tired of waiting - we all are. But eventually you have to face reality; its going to take time.
2005 team was better. Better record and won the division. Better at the QB spot, better OL, better stable of RB's, better WR corp, and better LB's.

I don't know of anyone that was demanding a Superbowl. And I also don't know anyone that thinks "everyone stinks" either. It sounds like your exaggerating a great deal to make people seem more unreasonable.

PS Marvin has had 10 years to "build a team". How long are we supposed to wait without being left disappointed with the progress being made?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

There they are!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
2005 team was better. Better record and won the division. Better at the QB spot, better OL, better stable of RB's, better WR corp, and better LB's.

I don't know of anyone that was demanding a Superbowl. And I also don't know anyone that thinks "everyone stinks" either. It sounds like your exaggerating a great deal to make people seem more unreasonable.

PS Marvin has had 10 years to "build a team". How long are we supposed to wait without being left disappointed with the progress being made?
Marvin Lewis just became a GM/Coach about 3 years ago.... He's just begun to 'Build' a winning franchise.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

'We' aren't in charge of anything. This is Mike Brown's team and he will continue to call the shots whether we agree with him or not. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!! I mean seriously, what other choices do we have besides change teams???
Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11091

Quote:

2005 offense was better - but to be fair, this current Bengals team had flashes of that kind of offensive dominance while the defense played way better than the D in '05 could ever dream of.

Everyone got their hopes set all high up like the Bengals would just be able to roll into Houston and take it to the Texans like they're not a good team or anything. Then when it didn't happen, people starting acting like this team (a team that went to back to back playoffs for the first time in 30 years, mind you) is the worst thing since the Nazis invaded Poland (that's an exaggeration).

PS: Marvin had a team built, then they all aged the hell out and the QB quit. So you can cry all you want, but only a cynical man doesn't see the progress is finally and consistently being made. Get over it - we're not owed anything by the Bengals, and this over inflated sense of worth some fans seem to have is ridiculous; they're not going to be the 2001-2004 Patriots overnight; especially when things collapse the way they did after 2010.

Be grateful this team has had the success it has the last 2 years despite everything going against it.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20717

In my opinion, I think it's pretty simple. These guys just spoiled Cincy fans across all sports.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5308

Quote:

Quote:

The 1988 team was the best we ever had.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

Quote:
I understand that these forums are a place where people can air their opinions, even though opinions are like 'elbows' everyone has at least two.

But I have to believe that either some of the 'Bengal fans' either come in here with nothing better to do than to start serious nonsense bulimia, just to get debates and arguments going, or there are people really that negative, naive, and disgruntled about 'their' team?

If I were following a team that made me as miserable and frustrated as some in here, I would either have to stop rooting for them and find another team, or just stop watching football, because life's too short for me to be that messed up.

Having said that, I gotta believe that most of those folks know better, but are just stirring the pot for entertainment!
Are you auditioning for the new Homer King? If I was a guy content with losing I'd stop worrying about the rest of the world and stop telling them how to live their life. Do you think everyone has the exact same emotions? Thoughts? Reactions?

Next time you find yourself conflicted with such a dilema please save us the thread because frankly nobody gives a damn.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 01-24-2013, 01:47 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Is It Deliberate or Just Nonsense??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
In my opinion, I think it's pretty simple. These guys just spoiled Cincy fans across all sports.

That picture is not complete, until you add Conception, and Griffey Sr.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21359
bengals Re: Is It Deliberate or Just Nonsense??

Quote:

2005 may have had more talent but were not better as a team.

Marvin has had 2 years of doing it his way without a bunch of interference.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 75

Quote:

My opinion is we dont choose to be a fan of the team, the team chooses us. Unless you're a bandwagoner.... usually it happens when you are young
Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who2Dey View Post
Are you auditioning for the new Homer King? If I was a guy content with losing I'd stop worrying about the rest of the world and stop telling them how to live their life. Do you think everyone has the exact same emotions? Thoughts? Reactions?

Next time you find yourself conflicted with such a dilema please save us the thread because frankly nobody gives a damn.
Are you nobody? You must be because you cared enough to reply!!