Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-24-2013, 02:32 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344
bengals This is it. No more changes!

Resign:
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Thomas Howard, Kevin Huber, Josh Brown, Wallace Gilberry, Adam Jones, Terrence Newman, Pat Sims, Dan Skuta
FA:
WR Domenik Hixon/Brian Hartline-I'd take either one of these two. Both would be great additions in our WR group.
QB Matt Moore-I think Matt has the potential to be a stud in this league
DE Lawrence Jackson-Former 1st round pick, we love 1st round picks, and he had a solid year of production this year in detroit. Good pick up here.
CB Antoine Cason-Tall, long armed, fast, physical corner. Cason is a beast and zimmer would love him.

THE NFL DRAFT:

1. Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU

This guy is an animal, he is a top 10 talent who is still raw. His potential is well worth it.
2a. Barrett Jones OT/OG/C Alabama

Where ever we want/need to put him, he can play, and play very well. Great value pick.
2b. Montee Ball RB Wisconsin

I mean its Montee Ball, lets get him and forget about this RB situation once and for all.
3. Gerald Hodges ILB Penn state

Hodges can play both inside and outside, i think hodges here is the much better pick then ogletree in the first.
4. D.J Swearinger FS South Carolina

Sweainger is a steal, and honestly IMHO is the best safety in this draft. Swearinger and Nelson would be sweet.
5. Levine Toilolo TE Stanford

Hes 6'8 270lbs. He is the next generation tight end. He is the future, but he is raw. Needs time, but here in the 5th he is well worth the pick. He will be a stud.
6a. David Bass DE Missouri Western State

Bass is 6'4 265lbs. 40.5 sacks in 4 years. Hes a small school work horse who is relentless after the QB. Alot of comparison to Aldon Smith.
6b. Kerwynn Williams RB Utah State

I dont see much of a difference at all between this guy and barner. Montee Ball coupled with this guy in the back field would spell game over for any team playing us ha He has blazing speed good hands and can weave his way through the defense so smoothly it looks effortless.

Depth Chart
QB:Andy Dalton, Matt Moore, Zach Robinson
FB:Chris Pressley/John Connor
RB:Montee Ball, BJGE, Kerwynn WIlliams, Dan Herron
WR:AJ Green, Mohamed Sanu, Marvin Jones, Domenik Hixon, Andrew Hawkins, Ryan Whalen/Justin Hilton(i think Hilton can def produce at this level, and help this team)
TE:Jermaine Gresham, Orsan Charles, Levine Toilolo
LT:Andrew Whitworth, Anthony Collins
LG:Barrett Jones, Clint Boling
C:Trevor Robinson, Barrett Jones
RG:Kevin Zietler, Barrett Jones
RT:Andre Smith, Barrett Jones, Dennis Roland
LE:Carlos Dunlap, Lawrence Jackson, David Bass
DT:Geno Atkins, Brandon Thompson
NT: Devon Still, Pat Sims, Domata Peko
RE:Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry
WLB: Vontaze Burfict, Emanuel Lamur
MLB:Gerald Hodges, Dan Skuta
SLB:Barkevious Mingo, Thomas Howard, Dontay Moch
CB:Leon Hall, Antoine Cason, Adam Jones, Dre Kirkpatrick, Terrance Newman, Brandon Ghee.
FS:Reggie Nelson, Taylor Mays, George Iloka
SS: D.J Swearinger, Robert Sands
P:Kevin Huber
K:Josh Brown
KR/3DRB:Kerwynn Williams

Go Bengals...This Draft will not change. love it or hate it.

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 01-24-2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225
Default Re: This is it. No more changes!

Mingo Suks...We shouldn't draft a DE in the 1st round unless it's Werner...I like the Barrett Jones pick & also the Hodges and Swearinger picks, but Hodges should be in the 4th & Dj in the 3rd.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Mingo Suks...We shouldn't draft a DE in the 1st round unless it's Werner...I like the Barrett Jones pick & also the Hodges and Swearinger picks, but Hodges should be in the 4th & Dj in the 3rd.
This coming from a guy who has us grabbing tavon austin in the 1st haha Completely disagree with you on mingo. Mingo is a top 10-15 talent, hes still a little raw but will be a stud, mingo at 21 would be fantastic. As for hodges and swearinger i think u gota take hodges first before swearinger. There are a ton of safeties that are going to go before DJ for some reason where as with the versatility of Hodges being able to play any backer position also cover and also rush he is gonna be more valued and more persued then swearinger earlier. thanks tho.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:52 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30061

Not a fan.

If we re-sign MJ and WG, we don't need a first round DE, and I'm sick of conversion guys at LB.
We're not drafting a center. Not early anyway. They like Cook and Robinson too much.
Ball isn't bad, but I'm not sure he has the speed they are looking for.

The rest isn't bad.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

So basically your saying even with MJ resigned, we go BPA?

And if we really wanted to replace BJGE, we wouldn't do it with a guy who has
an equivalent to 150,000 miles on him.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member

bengals Re: This is it. No more changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Not a fan.

If we re-sign MJ and WG, we don't need a first round DE, and I'm sick of conversion guys at LB.
We're not drafting a center. Not early anyway. They like Cook and Robinson too much.

The rest isn't bad.
STFU jason. Barrett is not just a C he is also a OT and OG. He helps us everywhere on our line that couldnt protect dalton for ****. Im sick of conversion linebackers on other teams destroying other QBS including ours. I think its time we get one, espeacially one of top 15 talent. U go around saying the same **** all day. U speak as if its on behalf of mike brown. IMO i really hope your not. Cuz i dont agree with anything u say, kick rocks guy. my drafts awesome.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
So basically your saying even with MJ resigned, we go BPA?

And if we really wanted to replace BJGE, we wouldn't do it with a guy who has
an equivalent to 150,000 miles on him.
yupp my draft aint changin. even with MJ resigned we need to add pass rush. the better the pass rush the better the defense. Pass rush is tacking over this league. And sorry, but u basically just put BJGE and montee ball in the same sentence...im not even gonna entertain that.

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 01-24-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
STFU jason. Barrett is not just a C he is also a OT and OG. He helps us everywhere on our line that couldnt protect dalton for ****. Im sick of conversion linebackers on other teams destroying other QBS including ours. I think its time we get one, espeacially one of top 15 talent. U go around saying the same **** all day. U speak as if its on behalf of mike brown. IMO i really hope your not. Cuz i dont agree with anything u say, kick rocks guy. my drafts awesome.
And unless we lose Andre we are not drafting him to play any position in the first 3 rounds.

We have also tried our share of conversion guys at OLB and they haven't worked for one reason or another. I just want to draft an OLB to play OLB. And the way our D-line gets pressure, we don't, and don't need to blitz LBs.

I speak on having followed this team for 30+ years and observing what they do.

And as for your STFU comment, this is a message board, and I have as much right to post my opinion here as you do.

If you don't like it, don't post, or put me on ignore. I'm going to voice my opinion. It's not personal. Not to me anyway.

Last edited by Jasonew6; 01-24-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
And unless we lose Andre we are not drafting him to play any position in the first 3 rounds.

We have also tried our share of conversion guys at OLB and they haven't worked for one reason or another. I just want to draft an OLB to play OLB. And the way our D-line gets pressure, we don't, and don't need to blitz LBs.

I speak on having followed this team for 30+ years and observing what they do.

And as for your STFU comment, this is a message board, and I have as much right to post my opinion here as you do.

If you don't like it, don't post, or put me on ignore. I'm going to voice my opinion. It's not personal. Not to me anyway.

i could never ignore you, as much as id love too, your comments crack me up too much. You dont have a clue what your talking about along with me and everybody on here. So give it a rest. Let go and let god right dude ha
Old 01-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 78

Quote:
Not a fan.

The rest isn't bad.
Keep your shirt on man. ha ha ha
Old 01-24-2013, 04:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
i could never ignore you, as much as id love too, your comments crack me up too much. You dont have a clue what your talking about along with me and everybody on here. So give it a rest. Let go and let god right dude ha
I guess we will se come April 25.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime100 View Post
Keep your shirt on man. ha ha ha
oh dude its on...im even wearing a jacket ha
Old 01-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I guess we will se come April 25.
i must apologize for the STFU part, me being dumb. i still disagree with you tho haha i hope every pick is a center or a conversion linebacker hahah april cant come soon enough
Old 01-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Veteran Member

PS my draft is rad but ima change it

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 01-24-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1787

I don't care for a DE in the first either, but that is what position will be loaded at that spot. Unless Vacarro is still there.

I really hope we can trade out of the first and pick up another pick. I am sure someone will want to jump up for a QB.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmerga View Post
I don't care for a DE in the first either, but that is what position will be loaded at that spot. Unless Vacarro is still there.

I really hope we can trade out of the first and pick up another pick. I am sure someone will want to jump up for a QB.
I am completely open for trading back and loading up draft picks. espeacially this year
Old 01-24-2013, 04:44 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Resign:
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Thomas Howard, Kevin Huber, Josh Brown, Wallace Gilberry, Adam Jones, Terrence Newman, Pat Sims, Dan Skuta
FA:
WR Domenik Hixon/Brian Hartline-I'd take either one of these two. Both would be great additions in our WR group.
QB Matt Moore-I think Matt has the potential to be a stud in this league
DE Lawrence Jackson-Former 1st round pick, we love 1st round picks, and he had a solid year of production this year in detroit. Good pick up here.
CB Antoine Cason-Tall, long armed, fast, physical corner. Cason is a beast and zimmer would love him.

THE NFL DRAFT:

1. Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU

This guy is an animal, he is a top 10 talent who is still raw. His potential is well worth it.
2a. Barrett Jones OT/OG/C Alabama

Where ever we want/need to put him, he can play, and play very well. Great value pick.
2b. Montee Ball RB Wisconsin

I mean its Montee Ball, lets get him and forget about this RB situation once and for all.
3. Gerald Hodges ILB Penn state

Hodges can play both inside and outside, i think hodges here is the much better pick then ogletree in the first.
4. D.J Swearinger FS South Carolina

Sweainger is a steal, and honestly IMHO is the best safety in this draft. Swearinger and Nelson would be sweet.
5. Levine Toilolo TE Stanford

Hes 6'8 270lbs. He is the next generation tight end. He is the future, but he is raw. Needs time, but here in the 5th he is well worth the pick. He will be a stud.
6a. David Bass DE Missouri Western State

Bass is 6'4 265lbs. 40.5 sacks in 4 years. Hes a small school work horse who is relentless after the QB. Alot of comparison to Aldon Smith.
6b. Kerwynn Williams RB Utah State

I dont see much of a difference at all between this guy and barner. Montee Ball coupled with this guy in the back field would spell game over for any team playing us ha He has blazing speed good hands and can weave his way through the defense so smoothly it looks effortless.

Depth Chart
QB:Andy Dalton, Matt Moore, Zach Robinson
FB:Chris Pressley/John Connor
RB:Montee Ball, BJGE, Kerwynn WIlliams, Dan Herron
WR:AJ Green, Mohamed Sanu, Marvin Jones, Domenik Hixon, Andrew Hawkins, Ryan Whalen/Justin Hilton(i think Hilton can def produce at this level, and help this team)
TE:Jermaine Gresham, Orsan Charles, Levine Toilolo
LT:Andrew Whitworth, Anthony Collins
LG:Barrett Jones, Clint Boling
C:Trevor Robinson, Barrett Jones
RG:Kevin Zietler, Barrett Jones
RT:Andre Smith, Barrett Jones, Dennis Roland
LE:Carlos Dunlap, Lawrence Jackson, David Bass
DT:Geno Atkins, Brandon Thompson
NT: Devon Still, Pat Sims, Domata Peko
RE:Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry
WLB: Vontaze Burfict, Emanuel Lamur
MLB:Gerald Hodges, Dan Skuta
SLB:Barkevious Mingo, Thomas Howard, Dontay Moch
CB:Leon Hall, Antoine Cason, Adam Jones, Dre Kirkpatrick, Terrance Newman, Brandon Ghee.
FS:Reggie Nelson, Taylor Mays, George Iloka
SS: D.J Swearinger, Robert Sands
P:Kevin Huber
K:Josh Brown
KR/3DRB:Kerwynn Williams

Go Bengals...This Draft will not change. love it or hate it.

Bass is gonna be a real gem in the late rounds.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1787

Quote:
I am completely open for trading back and loading up draft picks. espeacially this year
Yeah. Most likely we will take a DE though, if we want BPA. Which isn't bad, a playmaker is a playmaker.
Though I think at 21 anything but a DE is probably a reach. It definitely is if you want a WR or RB, imo.
MAYBE Lacy, but as much as I like Lacy, I would rather get the most value there. And there will definitely be a stud DE available.

There are a lot of prospects that are so close in talent this year. I think this years 2nd round will yield some great players. 3rd round will be solid too.

Obviously it's still early. Stocks will rise and fall between now and the draft.