Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:59 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7860
Default Injustice: Gods Among Us

This is a fighting game based on the DC Universe, and is created by NetherRealm Studios the guys who made Mortal Kombat. Not much has been released about the story, but from what I've seen in the trailers I have two possibilities of what the story could be. 1) The Justice League(or only certain members) has gone rogue and someone has to stop them. 2) Lex Luthor got into a position of high authority and turned people against the Justice League and they're trying to clear their names.

The roster so far:

Bane, Batman, Catwoman, Cyborg, Deathstroke, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Harley Quinn, Joker, Lex Luthor, Nightwing, Solomon Grundy, Superman, & Wonder Woman.

Other characters confirmed in the story but not confirmed if they're playable or not:

Aquaman, Ares, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Doomsday, Raven, and Sinestro.

I think out of the confirmed playable characters Cyborg and Nightwing are the most interesting. If any of you have played Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, then we would already have a feel for Batman, Catwoman, Deathstroke, Flash, Green Lantern, Luthor, Superman, and Wonder Woman. That is assuming if they're designed the same way. Any way thoughts about this game? Are you excited for it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7EloL_G4mU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SziDloB_QrM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxqYHVV94w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXp0e9xSwDs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO-ieU8RI30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne_hoQIz1SU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5ebpm8qSso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD0DRMzJdmg

Release Date: April 16, 2013

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us

If it doesnt have fatalities im not interested.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
If it doesnt have fatalities im not interested.
It probably won't since they're trying to make this game different from MK. But from what I understand it will have some over the top super moves.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

Last edited by Bryan; 01-24-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
It probably won't since they're trying to make this game different from MK. But from what I understand it will have some over the top super moves.
Over the top flashy moves are not what makes a fighting game great lol... Brutal fast and effective attacks make them great.

to me that sounds like FF animations which is why i hated those games.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Over the top flashy moves are not what makes a fighting game great lol... Brutal fast and effective attacks make them great.

to me that sounds like FF animations which is why i hated those games.
Quote:
According to Ed Boon, the main goal heading into Injustice was to create a game outside of the Mortal Kombat series that was dramatically different within the fighting game genre. Producer Hector Sanchez stated that NetherRealm Studios did not feel constrained by the parameters of Mortal Kombat, allowing the developers to take more design risks with Injustice, such as removing Mortal Kombat's traditional dedicated block button. Similar to Boon's previous DC-related title, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, the use of the DC Comics license implied restrictions to the amount of violence in the game; however, Boon intends to push the "Teen" rating by replacing violence with "crazy, over-the-top action." When questioned if the studio's past experience with Mortal Kombat and its characteristic violence would influence Injustice, Boon replied that he wanted to keep the two titles as separate entities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injustice:_Gods_Among_Us

It's Wikipedia, so take it how you choose.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injustice:_Gods_Among_Us

It's Wikipedia, so take it how you choose.
Yeah i hated MK vs DC it ******.. (I hate all the superhero ********)

As long as they make another MK game im okay with whatever they want to do though.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Yeah i hated MK vs DC it ******.. (I hate all the superhero ********)

As long as they make another MK game im okay with whatever they want to do though.
I have MK vs DCU. It was okay. But because of the toned down violence, it wasn't MK. But if you look at it as a standalone fighting game(which I do), it's okay, but the MK nerd in me makes it hard for me to do so.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 01-24-2013, 10:17 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I have MK vs DCU. It was okay. But because of the toned down violence, it wasn't MK. But if you look at it as a standalone fighting game(which I do), it's okay, but the MK nerd in me makes it hard for me to do so.
Yeah they still had stage fatalities But it just seemed liked they softened it down so you couldnt rip supermans heart out... Which made me sad...

And as a reply to your rep message.. Batman is more of an Anti Superhero. He doesnt have special powers just cool toys. And the recent Batman games are pretty good. But having Superman and the like in a fighting game to me doesnt make sense. Superman got his butt beat by Sonya blade? come on
Old 01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Yeah they still had stage fatalities But it just seemed liked they softened it down so you couldnt rip supermans heart out... Which made me sad...

And as a reply to your rep message.. Batman is more of an Anti Superhero. He doesnt have special powers just cool toys. And the recent Batman games are pretty good. But having Superman and the like in a fighting game to me doesnt make sense. Superman got his butt beat by Sonya blade? come on
Wasn't it the rage or something that made people like Sonya superpowered? I don't remember I haven't played it essentially since I beat it.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 01-24-2013, 10:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13623

I was so excited when MK vs DC came out, and was quickly so terribly disappointed. I can't imagine I'll try another DC fighting game.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Wasn't it the rage or something that made people like Sonya superpowered? I don't remember I haven't played it essentially since I beat it.
Not exactly sure what the rage is ? Sonya in the MK universe was never that powerful just fast.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu View Post
I was so excited when MK vs DC came out, and was quickly so terribly disappointed. I can't imagine I'll try another DC fighting game.
Did you check out the videos?
Quote:
Not exactly sure what the rage is ? Sonya in the MK universe was never that powerful just fast.
The rage was a result of the universes colliding or something.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 01-24-2013, 12:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

The rage was a result of the universes colliding or something.
Ohhh yeah the whole stupid MK vs DC story line duh.. lol i should have remember that.

But what i ment was if felt like they removed fatalities either to A sell to kids (which doesnt matter cause parents dont care ) or B Because DC had something against their superheros getting pwnd.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Ohhh yeah the whole stupid MK vs DC story line duh.. lol i should have remember that.

But what i ment was if felt like they removed fatalities either to A sell to kids (which doesnt matter cause parents dont care ) or B Because DC had something against their superheros getting pwnd.
It's B. DC didn't want Batman and Superman killing people which is why they had Heroic Brutalities. The MK characters and DC villains still had fatalities but they were toned down, there was a Joker fatality where he pulls out a gun, pulls the trigger and a Bang! flag comes out, then shoots them in the head, but when he does the camera pans away so you can't see the brains exiting the skull.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 01-24-2013, 12:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
It's B. DC didn't want Batman and Superman killing people which is why they had Heroic Brutalities. The MK characters and DC villains still had fatalities but they were toned down, there was a Joker fatality where he pulls out a gun, pulls the trigger and a Bang! flag comes out, then shoots them in the head, but when he does the camera pans away so you can't see the brains exiting the skull.
I was only a few fatalites away from doing them all.... When that game is under 10 bucks ill pick it up again lol...

But NetherStudios makes a good fighting game.. So this has the potential to be good. Its just not for me.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4256

Just another area that DC is way behind Marvel in.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKWI88 View Post
Just another area that DC is way behind Marvel in.
Fighting games? Or games in general? Because I have to say the Batman Arkham games are better than any Marvel game I've ever played.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Fighting games? Or games in general? Because I have to say the Batman Arkham games are better than any Marvel game I've ever played.
Fighting games. My bad. Although I never was able to get into the Arkham games...but that's just me. I've been told by a lot of people they were hella good.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Fighting games. My bad. Although I never was able to get into the Arkham games...but that's just me. I've been told by a lot of people they were hella good.
The Arkham games are amazing. Anyway back to the thread topic, I think it looks awesome, and the studio that's making it(NetherRealm), has made the Mortal Kombat series, so it could be potentially a great game since the last Mortal Kombat game raised the bar IMO. I think using guys like Cyborg and Nightwing will be awesome. I also think Jason Todd should be in the game in someway.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 01-24-2013, 01:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13623

Quote:
I bought the game the day it came out. I ended up trading it back in about a week later.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu View Post
I bought the game the day it came out. I ended up trading it back in about a week later.
No, not MK vs DCU, the videos for Injustice.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 01-24-2013, 02:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

My only question after watching the videos is besides the characters, how is the gameplay significantly different from MK? Breakable/interactive stages? Nothing new. Combo system doesn't look very different, although the commentary in one of those videos is a little encouraging.

I'll be buying it I'm sure. I'm a sucker for fighting games and superheroes. But it could be the next big thing as much as it could be the next MK vs DCU
Old 01-24-2013, 02:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
My only question after watching the videos is besides the characters, how is the gameplay significantly different from MK? Breakable/interactive stages? Nothing new. Combo system doesn't look very different, although the commentary in one of those videos is a little encouraging.

I'll be buying it I'm sure. I'm a sucker for fighting games and superheroes. But it could be the next big thing as much as it could be the next MK vs DCU
I'm not sure exactly what is different. I believe the button layout is simplified into; light, medium, heavy, and character trait attacks. Other than that I don't know.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Exactly. I didnt want to get into a comparison, but..... for example. Street fighter series and marvel v capcom series. They are very different games. Combos, gameplay everything. Thats what injustice needs to do. Not copy the difference between sf and mvc, just be different enough. The system I heard in the videos gives hope. But what I saw isnt so assuring. But we can all agree that fighting with superheroes is badass.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:28 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Exactly. I didnt want to get into a comparison, but..... for example. Street fighter series and marvel v capcom series. They are very different games. Combos, gameplay everything. Thats what injustice needs to do. Not copy the difference between sf and mvc, just be different enough. The system I heard in the videos gives hope. But what I saw isnt so assuring. But we can all agree that fighting with superheroes is badass.
Definitely, am I the only one who thinks Martian Manhunter would be badass in this game?

Best Run I've Ever Seen