Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1499
Default Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys...

Titus still has all the talent in the world. This 2011 2nd rounder is apparently out in Detroit. We have a 2011 Starting QB + a 2011 #1 WR. I say at the very least we explore the possibility of bringing in Titus & letting all 3 of 'em gel/mature together. Good deep threat. This article covers what Titus was expected to bring to Detroit to compliment Megatron (could potentially have a similar effect for AJ): http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post?id=26677 What do you guys think?

Last edited by Sham69Rock; 01-24-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3263
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

A guy who lined up in the wrong spots on purpose to spite the coaches...how about no.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:31 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17011
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham69Rock View Post
Titus still has all the talent in the world. This 2011 2nd rounder is apparently out in Detroit. We have a 2011 Starting QB + a 2011 #1 WR. I say at the very least we explore the possibility of bringing in Titus & letting all 3 of 'em gel/mature together. Good deep threat. This article covers what Titus was expected to bring to Detroit to compliment Megatron (could have the same effect for A.J.): http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post?id=26677 What do you guys think?
Seriously, WHY do you keep on posting?

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 01-24-2013, 12:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

He's a knucklehead. No thank you.

Quote:
Titus Young tweeted on Tuesday "if I'm not going to get the football I don't want to play anymore."
"Never have I ran the wrong route, just put my self where the ball was going," Young added on Twitter. Young continues to voice his displeasure and hasn't learned a thing since his benching and subsequent banishment to injured reserve late in the season. Young's chances of returning to the Lions, who seem to be intent on shoring up their team-wide character issues, are diminishing with every word that comes out of his mouth. His future in Detroit has been described as "up in the air" by GM Martin Mayhew. Jan 22 - 2:01 PM
Old 01-24-2013, 12:52 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10526

I remember that draft.... I wanted the other BSU wideout..... Austin Pettis.

And while Pettis's career thus far looks like Andre Caldwell part 2.... I'd still take Pettis over Young.

Sad thing is though I could see New England getting him and turning him into an elite receiver.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1

Last edited by Lawless_1; 01-24-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:58 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 28669

Really Sham? Really?

I think I want a new #2 more than anyone on these boards, and I'd rather stick with what we have than bring in Young.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:23 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7695

At least the Darren McFadden thread made some sense. Titus Young would be a terrible pickup, you even say in the thread title he needs a babysitter. No thanks.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-24-2013, 02:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8158

A 2011 2nd rnd pick that is digruntled in Detroit.Has obvious character issues but none that involve the law.
If he could be had on the cheap it would be a great business decision.

Last edited by coachmcneil71; 01-24-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1918

I got an idea, let's bring back Chad Johnson, TO, let's scoop up Titus Young, Plexico Burris, and Braylen Edwards and then lets have Michael Irving host a reality show about them all competing for the same roster spot.

In the mean time, lets get some one else like Dwayne Bowe or Brain Hartline to play opposite AJ in the actual starting line up, or develop the talent we have.

We should not count on the reality show to provide much more than preseason entertainment.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
A 2011 2nd rnd pick that is digruntled in Detroit.Has obvious character issues but none that involve the law.
If he could be had on the cheap it would be a great business dicision.

Here's a fantasy projection from Chris Harris @ ESPN from August 17th, 2012:
Titus Young, WR, Detroit Lions:
I believe I'm saving my favorite for last. I heart Titus Young. Granted, he doesn't have the size typically associated with a great fantasy receiver: He's 5-11 and 174 pounds. Plus there's this guy they call Megatron who plays the same position for the Lions. But I say there's more than enough WR work for two guys to become studs in Detroit; after all, Matthew Stafford led the NFL with 663 attempts last season, including a league-high 473 attempts that traveled 10 yards or fewer in the air. That last fact is significant for Young: His quickness makes him deadly in space, and he can line up all over a formation to find mismatches on shorter routes. Plus while Young isn't an elite burner (a 4.43 40 is solid, of course), his average yards at the catch was a strong 9.6 (36th among qualified WRs) while teammate Nate Burleson's was 4.5 (80th out of 81 qualified WRs). Yes, Burleson is still around, but given their respective skills I find it hard to believe that Burleson won't be the slot guy much of time, while Young shifts outside. The fact is, of course, that the Lions go three-wide more than any team in the league (in '11, Stafford had 553 attempts with three-plus receivers on the field, tops in the NFL), so regardless of his position on the depth chart, Young will be out there a ton. He has maturity questions (he found his coaches' doghouse during his rookie year because of a stupid personal foul, and got into a fight with Louis Delmas during this spring's minicamp), plus the best he can do is be fed second after Calvin Johnson. But a 60-catch, 900-yard, eight-TD season is easily in this guy's range. That kind of year would put him well within the top 20 fantasy WRs. Rating: 5 flags (out of 5).
This kid is exactly what Mikey + Marv love = a cheap reclamation project. He's an excellent candidate for "Comeback Player of the Year".
The 23 year old probably just needs a change of scenery + an attitude adjustment in order to become an above average WR2 in the NFL for the next 1/2 decade. I believe Young could very easily be this year's version of Reggie Nelson.

Last edited by Sham69Rock; 01-24-2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac4 View Post
I got an idea, let's bring back Chad Johnson, TO, let's scoop up Titus Young, Plexico Burris, and Braylen Edwards and then lets have Michael Irving host a reality show about them all competing for the same roster spot.

In the mean time, lets get some one else like Dwayne Bowe or Brain Hartline to play opposite AJ in the actual starting line up, or develop the talent we have.

We should not count on the reality show to provide much more than preseason entertainment.

Id be up for that, give ya something to watch during the off season and you'd get atleast a serviceable reciever as one of them would have to have changed their ways for nothing other than a small contract. Nice idea though no seriously..
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4962

Quote:

Here's a fantasy projection from Chris Harris @ ESPN from August 17th, 2012:
Titus Young, WR, Detroit Lions:
I believe I'm saving my favorite for last. I heart Titus Young. Granted, he doesn't have the size typically associated with a great fantasy receiver: He's 5-11 and 174 pounds. Plus there's this guy they call Megatron who plays the same position for the Lions. But I say there's more than enough WR work for two guys to become studs in Detroit; after all, Matthew Stafford led the NFL with 663 attempts last season, including a league-high 473 attempts that traveled 10 yards or fewer in the air. That last fact is significant for Young: His quickness makes him deadly in space, and he can line up all over a formation to find mismatches on shorter routes. Plus while Young isn't an elite burner (a 4.43 40 is solid, of course), his average yards at the catch was a strong 9.6 (36th among qualified WRs) while teammate Nate Burleson's was 4.5 (80th out of 81 qualified WRs). Yes, Burleson is still around, but given their respective skills I find it hard to believe that Burleson won't be the slot guy much of time, while Young shifts outside. The fact is, of course, that the Lions go three-wide more than any team in the league (in '11, Stafford had 553 attempts with three-plus receivers on the field, tops in the NFL), so regardless of his position on the depth chart, Young will be out there a ton. He has maturity questions (he found his coaches' doghouse during his rookie year because of a stupid personal foul, and got into a fight with Louis Delmas during this spring's minicamp), plus the best he can do is be fed second after Calvin Johnson. But a 60-catch, 900-yard, eight-TD season is easily in this guy's range. That kind of year would put him well within the top 20 fantasy WRs. Rating: 5 flags (out of 5).
This kid is exactly what Mikey + Marv love = a cheap reclamation project. He's an excellent candidate for "Comeback Player of the Year".
The 23 year old probably just needs a change of scenery + an attitude adjustment in order to become an above average WR2 in the NFL for the next 1/2 decade. I believe Young could very easily be this year's version of Reggie Nelson.
The guy was screwing his team on purpose! The threads you have been making lately are just flat out bad.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 44434

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
If he could be had on the cheap it would be a great business dicision.

Well Coach, that sounds pretty good on paper. But, what happens when he get's upset with the coaching staff here, as well? It's one thing to be young and stupid, and have a brush with the law. Purposely sabotaging plays, on a team that pays your living, in a sport that you love, is quite another.

No thanks, if you ask me that dude is the prototypical "cancer" to a locker room that this team is trying to stay away from.

There's plenty of other talented players out there that would never think of purposely screwing up plays.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8158

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Well Coach, that sounds pretty good on paper. But, what happens when he get's upset with the coaching staff here, as well? It's one thing to be young and stupid, and have a brush with the law. Purposely sabotaging plays, on a team that pays your living, in a sport that you love, is quite another.

No thanks, if you ask me that dude is the prototypical "cancer" to a locker room that this team is trying to stay away from.

There's plenty of other talented players out there that would never think of purposely screwing up plays.
I understand the risk and the fact that Cincy has been trying to get away from troubled players but I also know how MB likes to operate and Marvin seems to do pretty good with these types of young players.
That's why I said "if he could be had on the cheap". Brandon Marshall has been accussed of the same type of actions and he bounced pretty well. I'm not a TY fan per say I am just looking at the business aspect of the team being able to grab a young 2nd rounder for say maybe a 5th.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19004

WalterFootball and PFT would love to see him in stripes.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Old 01-24-2013, 12:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31811

Quote:
Titus still has all the talent in the world. This 2011 2nd rounder is apparently out in Detroit. We have a 2011 Starting QB + a 2011 #1 WR. I say at the very least we explore the possibility of bringing in Titus & letting all 3 of 'em gel/mature together. Good deep threat. This article covers what Titus was expected to bring to Detroit to compliment Megatron (could potentially have a similar effect for AJ): http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post?id=26677 What do you guys think?
How About we try and get Brandon Pettigrew.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7695

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
How About we try and get Brandon Pettigrew.
He dropped more passes than Gresh, had less TDs, and hasn't topped 10 YPC in each of the past 2 seasons.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 28669

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac4 View Post

1. It's Plaxico, Braylan and Irvin.

2. Please don't lump the best WR in Bengals history in with Titus Young, a guy who intentionally sabotaged his team because he felt he wasn't getting the ball enough. At least Chad gave 100% effort on the field (or close to it).

3. Even the biggest homers are starting to admit we need a vet WR. You act as if Sanu and Jones can only develop if they play games. I guess practice doesn't matter. Honestly, if it were up to me, I'd sign a Bowe or a Hartline, and play Sanu in the slot. I love Hawk, but the dude is a tiny target.

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 01-24-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

To OP:

NO.

If there was a bigger font, I would have used it.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Banned

Hey "Powers that Be" ...................Why the heck was this thread sent straight to free agency???????????????????? I mean seriously, Titus Young is NOT a free agent & may infact never become one. Why can fans continuously whine about Jonathon Joseph leaving us + Pray for Darelle Revis joining us (which knowing Mikey will never happen), yet God forbid another name gets mentioned and ya'll get Hella Flaky, What gives????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

Last edited by Sham69Rock; 01-24-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19004

I think the Bengals' babysitter became a free agent and wasn't re-signed, so we can't use him any more.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 212

Not a chance this guys is brutal.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 14948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
I remember that draft.... I wanted the other BSU wideout..... Austin Pettis.

And while Pettis's career thus far looks like Andre Caldwell part 2.... I'd still take Pettis over Young.

Sad thing is though I could see New England getting him and turning him into an elite receiver.
Like they did with:

Stallworth
Chad Johnson (Ocho)
Branch

and countless others

I can see one receiver the Pats turned into great is that is Welker. everything else has been just OK to horrible. And that is with a HOF QB and HOF coach.

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Like they did with:

Stallworth
Chad Johnson (Ocho)
Branch

and countless others

I can see one receiver the Pats turned into great is that is Welker. everything else has been just OK to horrible. And that is with a HOF QB and HOF coach.
The New England "football factory"

When we sign a troubled player, we're the Bungles, when the Patriots sign one, it's always the smartest move anyone's ever seen.