Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Sham69Rock Sham69Rock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 1,383
Rep Points: 1499
Default Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys...

Titus still has all the talent in the world. This 2011 2nd rounder is apparently out in Detroit. We have a 2011 Starting QB + a 2011 #1 WR. I say at the very least we explore the possibility of bringing in Titus & letting all 3 of 'em gel/mature together. Good deep threat. This article covers what Titus was expected to bring to Detroit to compliment Megatron (could potentially have a similar effect for AJ): http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post?id=26677 What do you guys think?

Last edited by Sham69Rock; 01-24-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Aquapod770's Avatar
Aquapod770 Aquapod770 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,016
Rep Points: 3263
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

A guy who lined up in the wrong spots on purpose to spite the coaches...how about no.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:31 AM
Truck_1_0_1_'s Avatar
Truck_1_0_1_ Truck_1_0_1_ is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,360
Rep Points: 17011
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham69Rock View Post
Titus still has all the talent in the world. This 2011 2nd rounder is apparently out in Detroit. We have a 2011 Starting QB + a 2011 #1 WR. I say at the very least we explore the possibility of bringing in Titus & letting all 3 of 'em gel/mature together. Good deep threat. This article covers what Titus was expected to bring to Detroit to compliment Megatron (could have the same effect for A.J.): http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post?id=26677 What do you guys think?
Seriously, WHY do you keep on posting?
__________________


Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Abspara's Avatar
Abspara Abspara is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rehab for Ignorance
Posts: 2,939
Rep Points: 2746
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

He's a knucklehead. No thank you.

Quote:
Titus Young tweeted on Tuesday "if I'm not going to get the football I don't want to play anymore."
"Never have I ran the wrong route, just put my self where the ball was going," Young added on Twitter. Young continues to voice his displeasure and hasn't learned a thing since his benching and subsequent banishment to injured reserve late in the season. Young's chances of returning to the Lions, who seem to be intent on shoring up their team-wide character issues, are diminishing with every word that comes out of his mouth. His future in Detroit has been described as "up in the air" by GM Martin Mayhew. Jan 22 - 2:01 PM
__________________
_______________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:52 AM
Lawless_1's Avatar
Lawless_1 Lawless_1 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spartanburg, South Carolina
Posts: 8,010
Rep Points: 10526
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

I remember that draft.... I wanted the other BSU wideout..... Austin Pettis.

And while Pettis's career thus far looks like Andre Caldwell part 2.... I'd still take Pettis over Young.

Sad thing is though I could see New England getting him and turning him into an elite receiver.
__________________
"I don't care if it's rock, paper, scissors or a race to the car I do what I can to win" - Tyler Eifert

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1

Last edited by Lawless_1; 01-24-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:58 AM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 13,579
Rep Points: 28669
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Really Sham? Really?

I think I want a new #2 more than anyone on these boards, and I'd rather stick with what we have than bring in Young.
__________________
Dash cam footage of LeGarrette Blount and LeVeon Bell prior to their arrest:

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:23 AM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,232
Rep Points: 7695
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

At least the Darren McFadden thread made some sense. Titus Young would be a terrible pickup, you even say in the thread title he needs a babysitter. No thanks.
__________________

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:35 AM
coachmcneil71's Avatar
coachmcneil71 coachmcneil71 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tin pan alley!
Posts: 2,593
Rep Points: 8158
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

A 2011 2nd rnd pick that is digruntled in Detroit.Has obvious character issues but none that involve the law.
If he could be had on the cheap it would be a great business decision.

Last edited by coachmcneil71; 01-24-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 AM
jdmac4's Avatar
jdmac4 jdmac4 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 964
Rep Points: 1918
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

I got an idea, let's bring back Chad Johnson, TO, let's scoop up Titus Young, Plexico Burris, and Braylen Edwards and then lets have Michael Irving host a reality show about them all competing for the same roster spot.

In the mean time, lets get some one else like Dwayne Bowe or Brain Hartline to play opposite AJ in the actual starting line up, or develop the talent we have.

We should not count on the reality show to provide much more than preseason entertainment.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:43 AM
Sham69Rock Sham69Rock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 1,383
Rep Points: 1499
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
A 2011 2nd rnd pick that is digruntled in Detroit.Has obvious character issues but none that involve the law.
If he could be had on the cheap it would be a great business dicision.

Here's a fantasy projection from Chris Harris @ ESPN from August 17th, 2012:
Titus Young, WR, Detroit Lions:
I believe I'm saving my favorite for last. I heart Titus Young. Granted, he doesn't have the size typically associated with a great fantasy receiver: He's 5-11 and 174 pounds. Plus there's this guy they call Megatron who plays the same position for the Lions. But I say there's more than enough WR work for two guys to become studs in Detroit; after all, Matthew Stafford led the NFL with 663 attempts last season, including a league-high 473 attempts that traveled 10 yards or fewer in the air. That last fact is significant for Young: His quickness makes him deadly in space, and he can line up all over a formation to find mismatches on shorter routes. Plus while Young isn't an elite burner (a 4.43 40 is solid, of course), his average yards at the catch was a strong 9.6 (36th among qualified WRs) while teammate Nate Burleson's was 4.5 (80th out of 81 qualified WRs). Yes, Burleson is still around, but given their respective skills I find it hard to believe that Burleson won't be the slot guy much of time, while Young shifts outside. The fact is, of course, that the Lions go three-wide more than any team in the league (in '11, Stafford had 553 attempts with three-plus receivers on the field, tops in the NFL), so regardless of his position on the depth chart, Young will be out there a ton. He has maturity questions (he found his coaches' doghouse during his rookie year because of a stupid personal foul, and got into a fight with Louis Delmas during this spring's minicamp), plus the best he can do is be fed second after Calvin Johnson. But a 60-catch, 900-yard, eight-TD season is easily in this guy's range. That kind of year would put him well within the top 20 fantasy WRs. Rating: 5 flags (out of 5).
This kid is exactly what Mikey + Marv love = a cheap reclamation project. He's an excellent candidate for "Comeback Player of the Year".
The 23 year old probably just needs a change of scenery + an attitude adjustment in order to become an above average WR2 in the NFL for the next 1/2 decade. I believe Young could very easily be this year's version of Reggie Nelson.

Last edited by Sham69Rock; 01-24-2013 at 04:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-24-2013, 07:28 AM
NkyDiesel's Avatar
NkyDiesel NkyDiesel is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The sticks
Posts: 544
Rep Points: 1131
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac4 View Post
I got an idea, let's bring back Chad Johnson, TO, let's scoop up Titus Young, Plexico Burris, and Braylen Edwards and then lets have Michael Irving host a reality show about them all competing for the same roster spot.

In the mean time, lets get some one else like Dwayne Bowe or Brain Hartline to play opposite AJ in the actual starting line up, or develop the talent we have.

We should not count on the reality show to provide much more than preseason entertainment.

Id be up for that, give ya something to watch during the off season and you'd get atleast a serviceable reciever as one of them would have to have changed their ways for nothing other than a small contract. Nice idea though no seriously..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Au165 Au165 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,521
Rep Points: 4962
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham69Rock View Post

Here's a fantasy projection from Chris Harris @ ESPN from August 17th, 2012:
Titus Young, WR, Detroit Lions:
I believe I'm saving my favorite for last. I heart Titus Young. Granted, he doesn't have the size typically associated with a great fantasy receiver: He's 5-11 and 174 pounds. Plus there's this guy they call Megatron who plays the same position for the Lions. But I say there's more than enough WR work for two guys to become studs in Detroit; after all, Matthew Stafford led the NFL with 663 attempts last season, including a league-high 473 attempts that traveled 10 yards or fewer in the air. That last fact is significant for Young: His quickness makes him deadly in space, and he can line up all over a formation to find mismatches on shorter routes. Plus while Young isn't an elite burner (a 4.43 40 is solid, of course), his average yards at the catch was a strong 9.6 (36th among qualified WRs) while teammate Nate Burleson's was 4.5 (80th out of 81 qualified WRs). Yes, Burleson is still around, but given their respective skills I find it hard to believe that Burleson won't be the slot guy much of time, while Young shifts outside. The fact is, of course, that the Lions go three-wide more than any team in the league (in '11, Stafford had 553 attempts with three-plus receivers on the field, tops in the NFL), so regardless of his position on the depth chart, Young will be out there a ton. He has maturity questions (he found his coaches' doghouse during his rookie year because of a stupid personal foul, and got into a fight with Louis Delmas during this spring's minicamp), plus the best he can do is be fed second after Calvin Johnson. But a 60-catch, 900-yard, eight-TD season is easily in this guy's range. That kind of year would put him well within the top 20 fantasy WRs. Rating: 5 flags (out of 5).
This kid is exactly what Mikey + Marv love = a cheap reclamation project. He's an excellent candidate for "Comeback Player of the Year".
The 23 year old probably just needs a change of scenery + an attitude adjustment in order to become an above average WR2 in the NFL for the next 1/2 decade. I believe Young could very easily be this year's version of Reggie Nelson.
The guy was screwing his team on purpose! The threads you have been making lately are just flat out bad.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 AM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,370
Rep Points: 44434
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
A 2011 2nd rnd pick that is digruntled in Detroit.Has obvious character issues but none that involve the law.
If he could be had on the cheap it would be a great business dicision.

Well Coach, that sounds pretty good on paper. But, what happens when he get's upset with the coaching staff here, as well? It's one thing to be young and stupid, and have a brush with the law. Purposely sabotaging plays, on a team that pays your living, in a sport that you love, is quite another.

No thanks, if you ask me that dude is the prototypical "cancer" to a locker room that this team is trying to stay away from.

There's plenty of other talented players out there that would never think of purposely screwing up plays.
__________________


Here come's the....BOOM!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 PM
coachmcneil71's Avatar
coachmcneil71 coachmcneil71 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tin pan alley!
Posts: 2,593
Rep Points: 8158
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Well Coach, that sounds pretty good on paper. But, what happens when he get's upset with the coaching staff here, as well? It's one thing to be young and stupid, and have a brush with the law. Purposely sabotaging plays, on a team that pays your living, in a sport that you love, is quite another.

No thanks, if you ask me that dude is the prototypical "cancer" to a locker room that this team is trying to stay away from.

There's plenty of other talented players out there that would never think of purposely screwing up plays.
I understand the risk and the fact that Cincy has been trying to get away from troubled players but I also know how MB likes to operate and Marvin seems to do pretty good with these types of young players.
That's why I said "if he could be had on the cheap". Brandon Marshall has been accussed of the same type of actions and he bounced pretty well. I'm not a TY fan per say I am just looking at the business aspect of the team being able to grab a young 2nd rounder for say maybe a 5th.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,229
Rep Points: 19004
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

WalterFootball and PFT would love to see him in stripes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:28 PM
FRAv's Avatar
FRAv FRAv is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dayton, Oh
Posts: 302
Rep Points: 714
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:30 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,423
Rep Points: 31811
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham69Rock View Post
Titus still has all the talent in the world. This 2011 2nd rounder is apparently out in Detroit. We have a 2011 Starting QB + a 2011 #1 WR. I say at the very least we explore the possibility of bringing in Titus & letting all 3 of 'em gel/mature together. Good deep threat. This article covers what Titus was expected to bring to Detroit to compliment Megatron (could potentially have a similar effect for AJ): http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post?id=26677 What do you guys think?
How About we try and get Brandon Pettigrew.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,232
Rep Points: 7695
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
How About we try and get Brandon Pettigrew.
He dropped more passes than Gresh, had less TDs, and hasn't topped 10 YPC in each of the past 2 seasons.
__________________

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 13,579
Rep Points: 28669
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac4 View Post
I got an idea, let's bring back Chad Johnson, TO, let's scoop up Titus Young, Plexico Burris, and Braylen Edwards and then lets have Michael Irving host a reality show about them all competing for the same roster spot.

In the mean time, lets get some one else like Dwayne Bowe or Brain Hartline to play opposite AJ in the actual starting line up, or develop the talent we have.

We should not count on the reality show to provide much more than preseason entertainment.
1. It's Plaxico, Braylan and Irvin.

2. Please don't lump the best WR in Bengals history in with Titus Young, a guy who intentionally sabotaged his team because he felt he wasn't getting the ball enough. At least Chad gave 100% effort on the field (or close to it).

3. Even the biggest homers are starting to admit we need a vet WR. You act as if Sanu and Jones can only develop if they play games. I guess practice doesn't matter. Honestly, if it were up to me, I'd sign a Bowe or a Hartline, and play Sanu in the slot. I love Hawk, but the dude is a tiny target.
__________________
Dash cam footage of LeGarrette Blount and LeVeon Bell prior to their arrest:


Last edited by Shake n Blake; 01-24-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-24-2013, 04:01 PM
ibengals's Avatar
ibengals ibengals is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,308
Rep Points: 5169
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

To OP:

NO.

If there was a bigger font, I would have used it.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Sham69Rock Sham69Rock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 1,383
Rep Points: 1499
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Hey "Powers that Be" ...................Why the heck was this thread sent straight to free agency???????????????????? I mean seriously, Titus Young is NOT a free agent & may infact never become one. Why can fans continuously whine about Jonathon Joseph leaving us + Pray for Darelle Revis joining us (which knowing Mikey will never happen), yet God forbid another name gets mentioned and ya'll get Hella Flaky, What gives????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

Last edited by Sham69Rock; 01-24-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,229
Rep Points: 19004
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

I think the Bengals' babysitter became a free agent and wasn't re-signed, so we can't use him any more.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 PM
benny44's Avatar
benny44 benny44 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sarnia Ontario Canada
Posts: 681
Rep Points: 212
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Not a chance this guys is brutal.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Luvnit2's Avatar
Luvnit2 Luvnit2 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,021
Rep Points: 14948
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
I remember that draft.... I wanted the other BSU wideout..... Austin Pettis.

And while Pettis's career thus far looks like Andre Caldwell part 2.... I'd still take Pettis over Young.

Sad thing is though I could see New England getting him and turning him into an elite receiver.
Like they did with:

Stallworth
Chad Johnson (Ocho)
Branch

and countless others

I can see one receiver the Pats turned into great is that is Welker. everything else has been just OK to horrible. And that is with a HOF QB and HOF coach.
__________________
Young Team Finally Grows Up!!!!!!!

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 PM
ibengals's Avatar
ibengals ibengals is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,308
Rep Points: 5169
Default Re: Titus Young needs a Babysitter. We need a WR2. Cincinnati = Isle of Misfit Toys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Like they did with:

Stallworth
Chad Johnson (Ocho)
Branch

and countless others

I can see one receiver the Pats turned into great is that is Welker. everything else has been just OK to horrible. And that is with a HOF QB and HOF coach.
The New England "football factory"

When we sign a troubled player, we're the Bungles, when the Patriots sign one, it's always the smartest move anyone's ever seen.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.