Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 157
Default Pre Senior Bowl Mock

Re-sign all of our key free agents and bring in a couple vets at receiver and linebacker or safety.

1. Keenan Allen-I like the idea of getting the best receiver available to pair with Green. We will bring in a veteran as well to compete for a backup spot. Finally get a true stud to complement with the best player on our team.

2a. Eddie Lacy-He can be that complement-plus back that Anderson has talked about. The Bengals are really looking for someone who can carry the load and grind out at least 15 carries a game. BJGE I think may have a little less of a role next year.

2b. Khaseem Green-We get rid of Rey and Burfict moves to the middle. Green is a huge man and pretty athletic for his size. He can be a stud for us on the outside along with a veteran or Lawson/Howard.

3. Bacarri Rambo-One of my favorite prospects in the draft. A pure playmaker who can play either free safety or strong. This is a great value pick in the 3rd for a starter in year 1.

4. William Gholston-Another value pick. I think at worst he is a situational player on the roster. At best, another MJ with a dangerous pass rushing ability.

5. Tyrann Mathieu-The versatile corner won't be a problem in the NFL IMO. He has to realize this is a make or break time for him. If it doesn't work out, just cut him. Otherwise we have an impact playmaker.

6a. Collin Klein-The developmental backup to Dalton. About as good as you're going to get this late in the draft as a backup QB. A winner and playmaker at K-State.

6b. Jake Stoneburner-A good all around tight end. Not going to be spectacular in any way, but can contribute to a roster. He will take over Quinn's spot.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519
Default Re: Pre Senior Bowl Mock

1. Allen would definitely be a solid compliment to Green. Then you have Hawkins and Sanu working inside while utilizing Jones as your 5th WR and deep threat. Our WR crew would be stacked! Is it a bit of a luxury pick? Sure, and we would need to fix a few spots in FA in order to make the luxury pick, but you can't deny that it would give our passing game a boost; and you can never argue giving a young, developing QB more toys to play with.

2a. Lacy here would be a steal. He isn't the speed back they covet, but he is an everydown back capable of becoming a star. Guys like Lacy are built to handle punishment and he would get plenty in the AFCN, would fit right into the O. BJGE would definitely see a reduced role but our running game would be all but fixed. If the first two picks go like this then we'll have little problems putting up points next season.

2b. I like Greene and he would be a solid pick-up, but can't agree on the "huge man" comment. He's very undersized at 6'1" 230, unless he's beefed up a great deal; Zimmer seems to prefer bigger LBs, but maybe it's time to add an athlete like Greene, TEs routinely kill us and getting a good coverage guy with speed is a good idea. So, long answer short, I like the pick.

3. Love Rambo and I think one of the better safeties will fall to us in 3, but I will be surprised if it is him (even though he's projected in that area at this point). I'd be all for moving up to secure him if need be.

4. I like Gholston and if properly motivated I believe he will develop into a starter; Zimmer and the defensive coaches have proven that they can propoerly motivate. I would be happy with taking him a round earlier, ecstatic if we got him here.

5. Another risk worth taking.

6. Only pick I wouldn't really like; I don't see Klein ever developing into a #2 QB.

6. Love Stoneburner, would like to see him developed; that said, we need a blocking TE as the #3 with Gresh and Charles already in tow.

Love it overall; not too huge on the 6th round, but if those are the only picks worth arguing come draft day then it will have been a very successful draft.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 345
Default Re: Pre Senior Bowl Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bech72 View Post
1. Allen would definitely be a solid compliment to Green. Then you have Hawkins and Sanu working inside while utilizing Jones as your 5th WR and deep threat. Our WR crew would be stacked! Is it a bit of a luxury pick? Sure, and we would need to fix a few spots in FA in order to make the luxury pick, but you can't deny that it would give our passing game a boost; and you can never argue giving a young, developing QB more toys to play with.

2a. Lacy here would be a steal. He isn't the speed back they covet, but he is an everydown back capable of becoming a star. Guys like Lacy are built to handle punishment and he would get plenty in the AFCN, would fit right into the O. BJGE would definitely see a reduced role but our running game would be all but fixed. If the first two picks go like this then we'll have little problems putting up points next season.

2b. I like Greene and he would be a solid pick-up, but can't agree on the "huge man" comment. He's very undersized at 6'1" 230, unless he's beefed up a great deal; Zimmer seems to prefer bigger LBs, but maybe it's time to add an athlete like Greene, TEs routinely kill us and getting a good coverage guy with speed is a good idea. So, long answer short, I like the pick.

3. Love Rambo and I think one of the better safeties will fall to us in 3, but I will be surprised if it is him (even though he's projected in that area at this point). I'd be all for moving up to secure him if need be.

4. I like Gholston and if properly motivated I believe he will develop into a starter; Zimmer and the defensive coaches have proven that they can propoerly motivate. I would be happy with taking him a round earlier, ecstatic if we got him here.

5. Another risk worth taking.

6. Only pick I wouldn't really like; I don't see Klein ever developing into a #2 QB.

6. Love Stoneburner, would like to see him developed; that said, we need a blocking TE as the #3 with Gresh and Charles already in tow.

Love it overall; not too huge on the 6th round, but if those are the only picks worth arguing come draft day then it will have been a very successful draft.

Lacy will run in the 4.4s at the combine, what do u mean hes not the speed guy the need???