Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
BengalbobZilla BengalbobZilla is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The shady school of white loathing
Posts: 380
Rep Points: 700
Default Sign Jamarcus

Former 2007 No. 1 overall draft pick JaMarcus Russell is training for an NFL comeback.
Saturday, Jan. 26, 4 p.m. ET (NFL Network)



We'll wait until you stop laughing ...

The former Oakland Raiders quarterback, who hasn't taken a single NFL snap since 2009, told Yahoo! Sports he's dropped from 320 pounds to 308 pounds and is ready to bury past criticisms.

"The last few years, the things going through my life, football is my job and it is how it feeds my family," he said. "People would say (that) I didn't love the game but that ****** me off. People don't know the real you but I want people to know the real me and see what I can do. People are always saying that I'm a bust. I want show them I'm not. I'm committed to this now."

According to the report, Russell will work out with a bevy of former NFL players, including NFL Network's Marshall Faulk, ex-quarterback Jeff Garcia and former Olympic track star Ato Boldon.

Russell's three seasons in Oakland were so disastrous he's been called the greatest bust of all time and the Raiders refused to give his No. 2 to Terrelle Pryor in 2011 when the rookie quarterback requested the number. Before being cut in 2010, Russell was replaced by Bruce Gradkowski and Charlie Frye, then the Raiders traded for Jason Campbell to take his place.
NFL Honors

Vote for the top 10 plays of the 2012 season. More ...

The 27-year-old hasn't sniffed the NFL since getting tryouts with the Washington Redskins and Miami Dolphins in 2010, after he was arrested for possessing codeine syrup without a prescription. But he says he's ready to change the perception.

"I'm not looking for a pat on the shoulder from people who haven't been there for me," Russell said. "It feels funny not to go through a training camp, that's just what I'm used to. It's going to feel good to go back out there again. I will make this happen."

His biggest challenge will be to convince a team to give him a chance.






sign him to the practice squad, and we can promote him to the 1st string when we cut that bum andy dalton when he fails again this following season...the ginger experiment is over
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Au165 Au165 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,690
Rep Points: 5535
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

This place is almost unbearable in the off season.......
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florence
Posts: 4,200
Rep Points: 5275
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
This place is almost unbearable in the off season.......
I'm sure this thread was an attempt at humor
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Au165 Au165 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,690
Rep Points: 5535
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
I'm sure this thread was an attempt at humor
Have you seen some of the threads lately? They all aren't humor, well they are, but not all intentional.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Jabberwocky Jabberwocky is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montgomery, Ohio
Posts: 3,243
Rep Points: 8739
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalbobZilla View Post
...sign him to the practice squad, and we can promote him to the 1st string when we cut that bum andy dalton when he fails again this following season...the ginger experiment is over

Only if hell has truly frozen over and he agrees to play guard or tight end.
__________________
DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY!


ALL IN FOR ANDY
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:20 PM
BengalbobZilla BengalbobZilla is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The shady school of white loathing
Posts: 380
Rep Points: 700
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
I'm sure this thread was an attempt at humor
nope im serious...dalton wont get us anywhere
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,254
Rep Points: 7812
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Bob buddy, I think that stripper from last night gave you something that's affecting your brain.
__________________

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Jabberwocky Jabberwocky is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montgomery, Ohio
Posts: 3,243
Rep Points: 8739
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Bob buddy, I think that stripper from last night gave you something that's affecting your brain.

I know her. She's called the discomboobulator.

She dances real nice, though.
__________________
DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY!


ALL IN FOR ANDY
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:28 PM
BengalbobZilla BengalbobZilla is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The shady school of white loathing
Posts: 380
Rep Points: 700
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Bob buddy, I think that stripper from last night gave you something that's affecting your brain.
yeah next time leave your mom at home
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,254
Rep Points: 7812
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalbobZilla View Post
yeah next time leave your mom at home
Hey I thought you said you liked her?
__________________

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
TheCincinnatiKid TheCincinnatiKid is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,537
Rep Points: 2123
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

While we're at it, we should try and see if we can form a whole team of the NFL's worst ever players. We need to show those 0-16 Lions had nothing on us...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:33 PM
TheLivingLegend TheLivingLegend is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 130
Rep Points: 209
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

The whole cut/trade/replace Andy Dalton is a joke. The man has played two seasons, most rookie/sophmore QBs are TERRIBLE.... Give him his due time 4 years, then make judgement... I dont kno if Andy will ever be "elite", but how many "elite" qbs are in the superbowl??


With that being said, I would have no problem bringing Jamarcus in for a tryout.... The Bengals are in need of a backup QB.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:56 PM
redwhodey's Avatar
redwhodey redwhodey is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,216
Rep Points: 979
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

This wouldnt surprise me actually. Depends if Mike, Marvin, and Jay have a talk with him and see where he's at. They love busts and giving them another shot. Seem to be doing quite well with it lately too. Coaching has been pretty good, regardless of how some might think.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
pdub2005's Avatar
pdub2005 pdub2005 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,153
Rep Points: 3235
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalbobZilla View Post
Former 2007 No. 1 overall draft pick JaMarcus Russell is training for an NFL comeback.
Saturday, Jan. 26, 4 p.m. ET (NFL Network)



We'll wait until you stop laughing ...

The former Oakland Raiders quarterback, who hasn't taken a single NFL snap since 2009, told Yahoo! Sports he's dropped from 320 pounds to 308 pounds and is ready to bury past criticisms.

"The last few years, the things going through my life, football is my job and it is how it feeds my family," he said. "People would say (that) I didn't love the game but that ****** me off. People don't know the real you but I want people to know the real me and see what I can do. People are always saying that I'm a bust. I want show them I'm not. I'm committed to this now."

According to the report, Russell will work out with a bevy of former NFL players, including NFL Network's Marshall Faulk, ex-quarterback Jeff Garcia and former Olympic track star Ato Boldon.

Russell's three seasons in Oakland were so disastrous he's been called the greatest bust of all time and the Raiders refused to give his No. 2 to Terrelle Pryor in 2011 when the rookie quarterback requested the number. Before being cut in 2010, Russell was replaced by Bruce Gradkowski and Charlie Frye, then the Raiders traded for Jason Campbell to take his place.
NFL Honors

Vote for the top 10 plays of the 2012 season. More ...

The 27-year-old hasn't sniffed the NFL since getting tryouts with the Washington Redskins and Miami Dolphins in 2010, after he was arrested for possessing codeine syrup without a prescription. But he says he's ready to change the perception.

"I'm not looking for a pat on the shoulder from people who haven't been there for me," Russell said. "It feels funny not to go through a training camp, that's just what I'm used to. It's going to feel good to go back out there again. I will make this happen."

His biggest challenge will be to convince a team to give him a chance.






sign him to the practice squad, and we can promote him to the 1st string when we cut that bum andy dalton when he fails again this following season...the ginger experiment is over
I am actually all for bringing in Jamarcus, dude has a big time arm and a similar build to Big Ben. I think if he is truly humbled, then he would bring nothing but upside to the table. Make the guy sit on the practice squad or 3rd string, heck even just a camp invite with no promises. I don't remember him ever being called a locker room cancer, all I can remember is the guy being fat and a drug addict.

What really could it hurt? Who knows, maybe the guy comes in and blows everyone away. Two years ago Andre Smith was considered to be a fat slob and a good for nothing draft bust, now he is PFF's top rated right tackle in the LEAGUE. Not saying Jamarcus is going to be the next Big Ben or surprass Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers, but it quite literally would do nothing to hurt this team.

Lets not forget that this guy had a BIG TIME arm in college, that alone is worth seeing if he can figure it out.
__________________
"It's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."
-Homer Simpson

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Au165 Au165 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,690
Rep Points: 5535
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub2005 View Post
I am actually all for bringing in Jamarcus, dude has a big time arm and a similar build to Big Ben. I think if he is truly humbled, then he would bring nothing but upside to the table. Make the guy sit on the practice squad or 3rd string, heck even just a camp invite with no promises. I don't remember him ever being called a locker room cancer, all I can remember is the guy being fat and a drug addict.

What really could it hurt? Who knows, maybe the guy comes in and blows everyone away. Two years ago Andre Smith was considered to be a fat slob and a good for nothing draft bust, now he is PFF's top rated right tackle in the LEAGUE. Not saying Jamarcus is going to be the next Big Ben or surprass Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers, but it quite literally would do nothing to hurt this team.

Lets not forget that this guy had a BIG TIME arm in college, that alone is worth seeing if he can figure it out.
While we are at it lets bring in Ryan Leaf because he was supposed to be as good as Manning coming out of college.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:13 PM
pdub2005's Avatar
pdub2005 pdub2005 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,153
Rep Points: 3235
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
While we are at it lets bring in Ryan Leaf because he was supposed to be as good as Manning coming out of college.
No one is saying lets make him the starting QB. But bringing in a guy for a tryout to be a third string QB is a low risk, lets see what he's got kinda move. I guess you hold the third string QB in high regard. I'll ask Mike Brown if we can pull the trigger and get Tom Brady to back up Dalton and Bruce.
__________________
"It's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."
-Homer Simpson

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,254
Rep Points: 7812
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub2005 View Post
No one is saying lets make him the starting QB. But bringing in a guy for a tryout to be a third string QB is a low risk, lets see what he's got kinda move. I guess you hold the third string QB in high regard. I'll ask Mike Brown if we can pull the trigger and get Tom Brady to back up Dalton and Bruce.
I get what you're trying to say, I really do. But have you ever watched him play in Oakland? He's absolutely terrible, he makes Matt Cassel look like Tom Brady.
__________________

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:23 PM
The Caped Crusader's Avatar
The Caped Crusader The Caped Crusader is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Nati
Posts: 3,982
Rep Points: 3367
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

308? Wow. That's an awful lot. No thank you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Dalton's_Gang's Avatar
Dalton's_Gang Dalton's_Gang is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Athens, ohio
Posts: 2,118
Rep Points: 2575
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalbobZilla View Post
nope im serious...dalton wont get us anywhere
and jamarcus will?
__________________


I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Dalton's_Gang's Avatar
Dalton's_Gang Dalton's_Gang is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Athens, ohio
Posts: 2,118
Rep Points: 2575
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCincinnatiKid View Post
While we're at it, we should try and see if we can form a whole team of the NFL's worst ever players. We need to show those 0-16 Lions had nothing on us...
that could be mike browns 2nd team in columbus. the Columbus Criminals.
__________________


I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:35 PM
crispy's Avatar
crispy crispy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Findlay, Oh
Posts: 2,537
Rep Points: 11006
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCincinnatiKid View Post
While we're at it, we should try and see if we can form a whole team of the NFL's worst ever players. We need to show those 0-16 Lions had nothing on us...
give me a few minutes to back out and review all recent "we should sign" threads to compile this list to form your team.......
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:41 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,389
Rep Points: 35140
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalbobZilla View Post



sign him to the practice squad, and we can promote him to the 1st string when we cut that bum andy dalton when he fails again this following season...the ginger experiment is over
He was a starter for serval years.. Practice squad is out of the question...


I know we love a redemption story. But Is this the guy you want coming in the game if something happens to andy?

If hes motivated He would be in better shape.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,389
Rep Points: 35140
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
308? Wow. That's an awful lot. No thank you.
im sure hes more moble than RGIII
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Au165 Au165 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,690
Rep Points: 5535
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
im sure hes more moble than RGIII


Nothing like hitting a "sweet" spin move and falling down haha.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:07 PM
The Caped Crusader's Avatar
The Caped Crusader The Caped Crusader is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Nati
Posts: 3,982
Rep Points: 3367
Default Re: Sign Jamarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
im sure hes more moble than RGIII
If you put a piece of chicken in front of him, yes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.