Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 466
Default Re: Carson, We Hardly Knew Ya'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
I have a question for all of you who wish Carson goodbye:

If a Heisman Winning, Immensly talented QB decided he would come to this sham of a franchise when he was drafted, only to later state that he would'nt play for them again,

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK OTHER POSSIBLE PLAYERS WILLINGLY WANT TO COME HERE?

Carson has been a class-act for this franchise. He's never said anything negative about the team or its players. Now, when someone like him says something like this, if I'm a free agent or a player being courted by the Bengals, I think LOOOONG and HARD about coming to this franchise.
It's not a given that guys are lining up to play here, and quite frankly I wouldn't be suprised if they look at this team with raised eyebrows, skepticism and a boat load of questions. Someone who is/was as talented as Palmer coming in, leaving with unrealized dreams and potential and a toxic relationship with the organization. And you know what? He wouldn't be the first.

Cincy could be viewed as the career graveyard to some players, and they would be somewhat justified.

You don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Fin.
This organization is what it is, Palmer or no. At this point his case should have little or no bearing on how players around the league view playing for the Bengals. It's an inept organization...period. The brief experiment with hope has yielded its results. Mike Brown's way is not working, it has not worked in the past, and we can project that it will not work in the future. At this point, alienating Palmer says no more about this organization than failing to be proactive about his eroding skills and to have his replacement lined up does.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtuna513 View Post
you must think this orginization is great.. Or that his oline is anything above horrible.
what ?
Old 10-23-2011, 03:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2308

Somebody do something about this?
Old 10-23-2011, 06:26 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51954

Wrong forum.

Mods please move.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham69Rock View Post
Please tell me that you're finally gone. You've even given Mike the opportunity to not look like the bad guy to all your little sympathyzers.
Good luck on all your future endeavors.
You had one (just one) spectacular season, and since your injury you've had none. Infact I wouldn't even categorize any of them as good or great, but as average and below average. I am a Bengals fan, and I just can't fathom having Ochocinco and Owens, along with all of the fresh young talent and having a completion percentage under 50%. Not to mention having had a decoy like Ced Benson in the backfield. If Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or Tom Brady had these weapons we would've been looking at an absolutely unstoppable offense.
You have water on the brain, you can't read the field, you telegraph your passes, you're slow to pull the trigger, your footwork is horrible. Seriously, what do you do during the offseason....smoke dope and play madden in the basement with your bro? You have a head of cabbage between your ears and an oversized marshmellow for a right shoulder. Mcnabb or Favre would've dominated with this receiver corp. Brady had the same injury as you and came back like the Terminator. You hear footsteps and cower in the grocery aisle. Seriously, are you concussed? I'm pretty sure Troy Aikman could play better than you right now. And now you're begging for a trade?
Good riddance. Stop pointing fingers and step up you cabbage patch reject.
Go sell home insurance. Better yet, take Jimmy Johnson's job & go sell Extenze. Yes Carson, 9 years was more than enough time to see that you were never gonna cut it. You're Adam Dunn in shoulder pads. A team can't win a playoff game when it's running back has more total yards than it's quarterback. You're the second worst quarterback in the nfl behind Kyle Boller. I don't even care who we bring in to replace you. Hell, we'll bring back Akili/Klinkler. You can't throw accurately at all, and you're too much of a coward to throw it more than 15 yards. We're sick of your sissy drop down rb flat throws and pick 6's. It's overdue time for a trade because for some reason other people (I pray) still think that you're good.
Now Mike just turned down a trade proposal because he's holding out on a better offer. I'm still in shock that an offer was even made (the CFL perhaps?). Personally, I'd jump at the first chance to unload you and your contract for a bottle of scotch. CP9 !!!!!!!
Waaaaaaaaayyyyy overpaid & overrated. "O.K., now I'm done"
Someone please post this in the oakland raiders forum.....just to ****'em off. I can't do it with this Tablet, or i would. Thanks
Old 05-25-2012, 03:00 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 41165

What...Carson isn't on the team anymore? When did that happen?
Old 05-25-2012, 03:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33607

Quote:
Please tell me that you're finally gone. You've even given Mike the opportunity to not look like the bad guy to all your little sympathyzers.
You had one (just one) spectacular season, and since your injury you've had none. Infact I wouldn't even categorize any of them as good or great, but as average and below average. I am a Bengals fan, and I just can't fathom having Ochocinco and Owens, along with all of the fresh young talent and having a completion percentage under 50%. Not to mention having had a decoy like Ced Benson in the backfield. If Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or Tom Brady had these weapons we would've been looking at an absolutely unstoppable offense.
You have water on the brain, you can't read the field, you telegraph your passes, you're slow to pull the trigger, your footwork is horrible. Seriously, what do you do during the offseason....smoke dope and play madden in the basement with your bro? You have a head of cabbage between your ears and an oversized marshmellow for a right shoulder. Mcnabb or Favre would've dominated with this receiver corp. Brady had the same injury as you and came back like the Terminator. You hear footsteps and cower in the grocery aisle. Seriously, are you concussed? I'm pretty sure Troy Aikman could play better than you right now. And now you're begging for a trade?
Go sell home insurance. Better yet, take Jimmy Johnson's job & go sell Extenze. Yes Carson, 9 years was more than enough time to see that you were never gonna cut it. You're Adam Dunn in shoulder pads. A team can't win a playoff game when it's running back has more total yards than it's quarterback. You're the second worst quarterback in the nfl behind Kyle Boller. I don't even care who we bring in to replace you. Hell, we'll bring back Akili/Klinkler. You can't throw accurately at all, and you're too much of a coward to throw it more than 15 yards. We're sick of your sissy drop down rb flat throws and pick 6's. It's overdue time for a trade because for some reason other people (I pray) still think that you're good.
Now Mike just turned down a trade proposal because he's holding out on a better offer. I'm still in shock that an offer was even made (the CFL perhaps?). Personally, I'd jump at the first chance to unload you and your contract for a bottle of scotch. CP9 !!!!!!!
2006 and 2007 carson had great numbers but the bengals had no defense.

2008 someone decided to let Stacy Andrew Start. and that was the end of the elbow

Hes still got the arm tho taking the raiders offense to 9th in the league.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Classic
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5835

Who drug this thread out of the dumpster? Thank god the trashman comes on Friday.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!

Last edited by BengaliJack; 01-24-2013 at 08:46 PM.