Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-25-2013, 07:21 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 284
bengals Ideal 2013 Offseason

Resign our own players: Free Agents

M Johnson- MUST SIGN, just scratching the surface
A Smith- MUST SIGN
Adam Jones- Keeps getting better, adds depth
Huber- Absolutely
Newman- Had solid year, Zimmer loves him
T Howard- Hopefully healthy, put at WLB
Gilberry- Was a great pickup for us, perfect fit
Hawkins- Speed weapon, another option
Clark Harris- Obviously a must
Sims- Depends on Still and B Thompson, plus price
Geathers- Leader, sign if cheap enough. Could draft replacement
Crocker- 1 year cheap contract, adds depth
J Brown- He deserves to be brought back, earned it.
Peerman/Miles/Skuta/- ST studs, adds depth all around
Sands- Needs more time to develop

Players not brought back:

Leonard
Scott
Lawson
Nugent
Gradkowski

Quinn
Tate
Roland
Clements

Maualuga

Team Needs:
RB
WR #2
OC
QB(back-up)

LB
SS
DE
CB

2013 NFL Draft:

1. Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia

2a. Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas

2b. Da'Rick Rogers WR Tenn Tech

3. Montee Ball RB Wisconsin

4. Devin Taylor DE South Carolina

5. Tyrann Mathiau CB LSU

6. Kerwynn Williams RB Utah St

6. Sean Renfree QB Duke

2 players with so called "red flags" with Rogers and Tyrann, but these 2 have elite level talent and the Bengals locker room can handle this with ease. Burfict is an example. Just read the scouting reports on these 2 players and see what I mean, Da'Rick would be perfect to pair with AJ, and Tyrann would provide us excellent CB depth, as well has give us game changing ability with returning kicks and punts. Bengals would be wise to take flyers on both talented players in this years draft.

Also I did not include any O Line help, BC with Whitworth, A Smith, Collins, Robinson, Cook, Wharton, Boling, and Zeitler, we should have plenty of depth until 2014. Plus I am sure we will bring in a vet OT in FA, or let Knapp have Roland's spot.

Montee Ball will be a star in the NFL, just watch. He is an incredible blocker and has soft hands out of the backfield, perfect fit for Gruden's offense. Yes he has one of the best offensive lines in the nation, but Ball is a stud.

Basically, we would end up with 4 starters, a rotation DE with Taylor, a starting KR/PR with the Honey Badger, a new back up QB and a gadget speed weapon with K Williams.

Last edited by jmohr; 01-25-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 127
Default Re: Ideal 2013 Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmohr View Post
Resign our own players: Free Agents

M Johnson- MUST SIGN, just scratching the surface
A Smith- MUST SIGN
Adam Jones- Keeps getting better, adds depth
Huber- Absolutely
Newman- Had solid year, Zimmer loves him
T Howard- Hopefully healthy, put at WLB
Gilberry- Was a great pickup for us, perfect fit
Hawkins- Speed weapon, another option
Clark Harris- Obviously a must
Sims- Depends on Still and B Thompson, plus price
Geathers- Leader, sign if cheap enough. Could draft replacement
Crocker- 1 year cheap contract, adds depth
J Brown- He deserves to be brought back, earned it.
Peerman/Miles/Skuta/- ST studs, adds depth all around
Sands- Needs more time to develop

Players not brought back:

Leonard
Scott
Lawson
Nugent
Gradkowski

Quinn
Tate
Roland
Clements

Maualuga

Team Needs:
RB
WR #2
OC
QB(back-up)

LB
SS
DE
CB

2013 NFL Draft:

1. Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia

2a. Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas

2b. Da'Rick Rogers WR Tenn Tech

3. Montee Ball RB Wisconsin

4. Devin Taylor DE South Carolina

5. Tyrann Mathiau CB LSU

6. Kerwynn Williams RB Utah St

6. Sean Renfree QB Duke

2 players with so called "red flags" with Rogers and Tyrann, but these 2 have elite level talent and the Bengals locker room can handle this with ease. Burfict is an example. Just read the scouting reports on these 2 players and see what I mean, Da'Rick would be perfect to pair with AJ, and Tyrann would provide us excellent CB depth, as well has give us game changing ability with returning kicks and punts. Bengals would be wise to take flyers on both talented players in this years draft.

Also I did not include any O Line help, BC with Whitworth, A Smith, Collins, Robinson, Cook, Wharton, Boling, and Zeitler, we should have plenty of depth until 2014. Plus I am sure we will bring in a vet OT in FA, or let Knapp have Roland's spot.

Montee Ball will be a star in the NFL, just watch. He is an incredible blocker and has soft hands out of the backfield, perfect fit for Gruden's offense. Yes he has one of the best offensive lines in the nation, but Ball is a stud.

Basically, we would end up with 4 starters, a rotation DE with Taylor, a starting KR/PR with the Honey Badger, a new back up QB and a gadget speed weapon with K Williams.
i have to comment on this because i agree with some of what you're saying but not a majority of the other stuff, i like the resigning of all the FA except crocker who lets face it came back motivated for a couple of games, but he ***** period, and newman was one of the worse cb's for the first half of the season yes he played better down the stretch but that is only because our whole unit was playing better, he is what 35 he needs to retire period, da'rick rogers - no thanks, not every reciever is going to come and play like green both sanu and jones were rookies you're better off signing a good vet to help them develop and reduce the toll on dalton and green, montee ball = wasted pick we already have that kind of back in bjge and ball has a ton of wear and tear and he isn't even in the nfl, switch them players draft a rb like joseph randle and the kid from ucla or kenjon barner, dont waste a damn pick on another damn reciever, what would of made this even worse is if you would of put us signing ****ty *** reggie bush as a FA, i'm not sure why so many fans want him he *****, you could also let geathers walk he hasn't produced since 2006-07