Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-25-2013, 01:25 PM
D.Boon's Avatar
D.Boon D.Boon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,184
Rep Points: 2759
Default Superbowl Saturday?

Who's with me? Move the SB to Saturday, already. It will be better for fans (don't have to work the next day) and the economy (think of all the extra dough that will be spent while folks have extended party time). I say get it done. It's always a bummer when we have a SB party, everyone is having a great time then it has to end suddenly as everyone has to work the next day. How many times do you think the phrase 'I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow' is uttered on SB Sunday. Plus, it can go kinda late for the kiddies.

Edit: I forgot to mention the millions lost in productivity on Monday due to workers being hungover or calling in with the irish flu.
__________________

Last edited by D.Boon; 01-25-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:07 PM
wcu's Avatar
wcu wcu is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 3,729
Rep Points: 13605
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

I think this is a wonderful idea. Call up ol' Roger and make it happen.
__________________

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:36 PM
D.Boon's Avatar
D.Boon D.Boon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,184
Rep Points: 2759
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu View Post
I think this is a wonderful idea. Call up ol' Roger and make it happen.
I've got a meeting with him. I'm also going to advise him to abolish the probowl and see if there is anything he can do about the FOX robots.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:39 PM
WhoDeySailor's Avatar
WhoDeySailor WhoDeySailor is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rising Sun, In
Posts: 117
Rep Points: 165
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Saturday would be good, Friday even better. Then you got a whole weekend to party...or drink away your sorrows.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,216
Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

You won't be able to call in Monday as easily...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,315
Rep Points: 35053
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
Who's with me? Move the SB to Saturday, already. It will be better for fans (don't have to work the next day) and the economy (think of all the extra dough that will be spent while folks have extended party time). I say get it done. It's always a bummer when we have a SB party, everyone is having a great time then it has to end suddenly as everyone has to work the next day. How many times do you think the phrase 'I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow' is uttered on SB Sunday. Plus, it can go kinda late for the kiddies.
Football is played on sunday.........


Not Saturday....


No sale.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:49 PM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,874
Rep Points: 10915
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Football is played on sunday.........


Not Saturday....


No sale.
Then they need to start the game at 4.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:52 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,315
Rep Points: 35053
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
Then they need to start the game at 4.
No you will never get them out of the prime time spot but it does start pretty early for a football game on sunday.

Its about Ratings and Revenue. They are in a proven to work timeslot that generates them millions they wont be changing it anytime soon.. Put ill leave and you guys can continue to dream.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:55 PM
WeezyBengal's Avatar
WeezyBengal WeezyBengal is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 7,195
Rep Points: 20270
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
No you will never get them out of the prime time spot but it does start pretty early for a football game on sunday.

Its about Ratings and Revenue. They are in a proven to work timeslot that generates them millions they wont be changing it anytime soon.. Put ill leave and you guys can continue to dream.
I actually heard the other day that the NFL has been seriously considering moving the game to Saturday. It just makes sense.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:55 PM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,874
Rep Points: 10915
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
No you will never get them out of the prime time spot but it does start pretty early for a football game on sunday.

Its about Ratings and Revenue. They are in a proven to work timeslot that generates them millions they wont be changing it anytime soon.. Put ill leave and you guys can continue to dream.
Well they need to be considerate to the excessive drinkers of the world. Or Obama needs to put a law in place that says no business shall open before 10 on the Monday following the Super Bowl.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Carp's Avatar
Carp Carp is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Down by the River
Posts: 2,971
Rep Points: 11094
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

My friends and I have always said that. Halloween should be on a weekend too. Here some candy kids. Now go to bed
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Jabberwocky Jabberwocky is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montgomery, Ohio
Posts: 3,205
Rep Points: 8638
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
...and see if there is anything he can do about the FOX robots.
But they are kinda cute.

__________________
DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY!


ALL IN FOR ANDY
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
D.Boon's Avatar
D.Boon D.Boon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,184
Rep Points: 2759
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Football is played on sunday.........


Not Saturday....


No sale.
The game of the week was Monday Night Football...until it was Sunday Night Football. The Superbowl will always be huge. I think moving it to a Saturday would make it potentially bigger. Instead of a lateafternoon evening thing it would take on a whole new life. I can see that some purists would have an issue with the change, though. Not all change is bad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Toast Jones's Avatar
Toast Jones Toast Jones is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 6,625
Rep Points: 16391
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Football is played on sunday.........


Not Saturday....


No sale.
Except when it's played on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:56 PM
D.Boon's Avatar
D.Boon D.Boon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,184
Rep Points: 2759
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carp View Post
My friends and I have always said that. Halloween should be on a weekend too. Here some candy kids. Now go to bed
I concur. Halloween should be on a weekend. And get this...I think election day should be on President's day. What better way to honor the founding fathers than to get as many people as possible to participate in the democratic process. Instead, it's just a long weekend for some.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Toast Jones's Avatar
Toast Jones Toast Jones is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 6,625
Rep Points: 16391
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Makes way too much sense. This gets brought every year on 1530 it seems like. I really have no idea why they haven't done this yet.

The beer companies alone would make millions upon millions more. I think the ratings would be stronger late in the game and, overall, most fans would welcome it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 PM
D.Boon's Avatar
D.Boon D.Boon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,184
Rep Points: 2759
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
Makes way too much sense. This gets brought every year on 1530 it seems like. I really have no idea why they haven't done this yet.

The beer companies alone would make millions upon millions more. I think the ratings would be stronger late in the game and, overall, most fans would welcome it.
Yeah, I was thinking about it last night and thought 'why the eff don't they move it?' It's not like the extra day really affects the teams. Would be so much better on Sat. Still love SB Sunday, though.

Let me also add that 'Sweetest Day' should be abolished and not recognized by anyone. Total BS. Valentines Day should sue.
__________________

Last edited by D.Boon; 01-25-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 PM
bradfritz21's Avatar
bradfritz21 bradfritz21 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 11,033
Rep Points: 19175
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Football is played on sunday.........


Not Saturday....


No sale.
Anybody that's watched football and loves football knows that NFL Football is played on Sunday.

All of those reasons might make sense, but NFL Football is on Sundays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about it last night and thought 'why the eff don't they move it?' It's not like the extra day really affects the teams. Would be so much better on Sat. Still love SB Sunday, though.

Let me also add that 'Sweetest Day' should be abolished and not recognized by anyone. Total BS. Valentines Day should sue.
Super Bowl on a Saturday? This isn't Russia............. is this Russia, this isn't Russia, is it?

Here in this country, Sundays are for God and football
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-25-2013, 04:20 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,315
Rep Points: 35053
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about it last night and thought 'why the eff don't they move it?' It's not like the extra day really affects the teams. Would be so much better on Sat. Still love SB Sunday, though.

Let me also add that 'Sweetest Day' should be abolished and not recognized by anyone. Total BS. Valentines Day should sue.
Valentines day should also be abolished...

And how come theres a Mothers and Fathers day but no Brothers and Sisters day.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
D.Boon's Avatar
D.Boon D.Boon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,184
Rep Points: 2759
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anybody that's watched football and loves football knows that NFL Football is played on Sunday.

All of those reasons might make sense, but NFL Football is on Sundays.



Super Bowl on a Saturday? This isn't Russia............. is this Russia, this isn't Russia, is it?

Here in this country, Sundays are for God and football
I'm fairly certain that we will not turn into commies by moving the SB to Sat. In fact, it would be a celebration of excess. NFL play on TH and SAT now...They even play in Europe. Some of the best playoff games this year were on Sat (Indy v. Balt) and it didn't make it any less enjoyable. In fact, it enhanced my enjoyment. No worries about work the next day.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-25-2013, 04:30 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,315
Rep Points: 35053
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
I'm fairly certain that we will not turn into commies by moving the SB to Sat. In fact, it would be a celebration of excess. NFL play on TH and SAT now...They even play in Europe. Some of the best playoff games this year were on Sat (Indy v. Balt) and it didn't make it any less enjoyable. In fact, it enhanced my enjoyment. No worries about work the next day.
Theres a reason the NFL only has games on saturday during the playoffs.... Thats to maximize ratings they dont do this during the regular season becuase it creates more random days between games for teams to adjust to and the NFL has a deal with the NCAA not to broadcast games that will compete with their broadcast.

Sunday is Pro football.
Saturday is College
Friday is highschool.

Stop trying to confuse the country.

If you cant handle going to work the day after a football game that has nothing to do with your team... Then you either need help or need to be able to control your drinking. the superbowl is over at an early time. People who go to monday night games are out later and as drunk and they make it to work the next day.

And if your team is in the superbowl Call off or schedule off.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 PM
D.Boon's Avatar
D.Boon D.Boon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,184
Rep Points: 2759
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Theres a reason the NFL only has games on saturday during the playoffs.... Thats to maximize ratings they dont do this during the regular season becuase it creates more random days between games for teams to adjust to and the NFL has a deal with the NCAA not to broadcast games that will compete with their broadcast.

Sunday is Pro football.
Saturday is College
Friday is highschool.

Stop trying to confuse the country.

If you cant handle going to work the day after a football game that has nothing to do with your team... Then you either need help or need to be able to control your drinking. the superbowl is over at an early time. People who go to monday night games are out later and as drunk and they make it to work the next day.

And if your team is in the superbowl Call off or schedule off.
You must think this country is very easily confused. Like if we moved the SB to Saturday people would start doing their dishes in the bathtub and forget to eat. That horse your on is mighty high too...I am irish and I do like to drink. However, since I've become a father the most I'll ever have is a few beers. I do like to entertain on SB Sunday and people do have a good time...it's just a shame the festivities have to end early is all. I also havent called in sick to work in years bc (knock on wood) I haven't been sick. The fact of the matter though is that alcohol is deeply embedded in this country. Copious amounts of alcohol will be consumed on SB sundya. Some will call in. Some will show up hungover and not be productive. That's the reality.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:10 AM
Benton's Avatar
Benton Benton is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Benton
Posts: 13,574
Rep Points: 50008
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

This is like the people who move holidays and days of significance so they can have a three day weekend.

Tradition is tradition. Leaf it alone.
__________________
If at first you don't succeed, giggle it.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 AM
bradfritz21's Avatar
bradfritz21 bradfritz21 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 11,033
Rep Points: 19175
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
I'm fairly certain that we will not turn into commies by moving the SB to Sat. In fact, it would be a celebration of excess. NFL play on TH and SAT now...They even play in Europe. Some of the best playoff games this year were on Sat (Indy v. Balt) and it didn't make it any less enjoyable. In fact, it enhanced my enjoyment. No worries about work the next day.
It's about tradition and it just doesn't feel right.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-26-2013, 09:21 AM
D.Boon's Avatar
D.Boon D.Boon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,184
Rep Points: 2759
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

I undersatnd the tradiationalist perspective...but if I had my druthers I'd move it. SB Sunday isn't so sacred that I'd have an issue moving it. Not like moving Christmas to the 20th or something. But I get the sentament.

I'd also say that Monday night football was a tradition in the NFL. While it still exists its not the marquee game anymore...and I don't think many people have an issue w Sunday night football. We all watch and enjoy it, right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.