Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759
Default Superbowl Saturday?

Who's with me? Move the SB to Saturday, already. It will be better for fans (don't have to work the next day) and the economy (think of all the extra dough that will be spent while folks have extended party time). I say get it done. It's always a bummer when we have a SB party, everyone is having a great time then it has to end suddenly as everyone has to work the next day. How many times do you think the phrase 'I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow' is uttered on SB Sunday. Plus, it can go kinda late for the kiddies.

Edit: I forgot to mention the millions lost in productivity on Monday due to workers being hungover or calling in with the irish flu.

Last edited by D.Boon; 01-25-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13605
Default Re: Superbowl Saturday?

I think this is a wonderful idea. Call up ol' Roger and make it happen.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu View Post
I think this is a wonderful idea. Call up ol' Roger and make it happen.
I've got a meeting with him. I'm also going to advise him to abolish the probowl and see if there is anything he can do about the FOX robots.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 165

Saturday would be good, Friday even better. Then you got a whole weekend to party...or drink away your sorrows.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

You won't be able to call in Monday as easily...
Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35053

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
Who's with me? Move the SB to Saturday, already. It will be better for fans (don't have to work the next day) and the economy (think of all the extra dough that will be spent while folks have extended party time). I say get it done. It's always a bummer when we have a SB party, everyone is having a great time then it has to end suddenly as everyone has to work the next day. How many times do you think the phrase 'I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow' is uttered on SB Sunday. Plus, it can go kinda late for the kiddies.
Football is played on sunday.........

Not Saturday....

No sale.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10915

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post

Not Saturday....

No sale.
Then they need to start the game at 4.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:52 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
Then they need to start the game at 4.
No you will never get them out of the prime time spot but it does start pretty early for a football game on sunday.

Its about Ratings and Revenue. They are in a proven to work timeslot that generates them millions they wont be changing it anytime soon.. Put ill leave and you guys can continue to dream.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20270

Quote:
No you will never get them out of the prime time spot but it does start pretty early for a football game on sunday.

Its about Ratings and Revenue. They are in a proven to work timeslot that generates them millions they wont be changing it anytime soon.. Put ill leave and you guys can continue to dream.
I actually heard the other day that the NFL has been seriously considering moving the game to Saturday. It just makes sense.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10915

Quote:

Well they need to be considerate to the excessive drinkers of the world. Or Obama needs to put a law in place that says no business shall open before 10 on the Monday following the Super Bowl.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11094

My friends and I have always said that. Halloween should be on a weekend too. Here some candy kids. Now go to bed
Old 01-25-2013, 03:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8638

Quote:
...and see if there is anything he can do about the FOX robots.
But they are kinda cute.

ALL IN FOR ANDY
Old 01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Not Saturday....

No sale.
The game of the week was Monday Night Football...until it was Sunday Night Football. The Superbowl will always be huge. I think moving it to a Saturday would make it potentially bigger. Instead of a lateafternoon evening thing it would take on a whole new life. I can see that some purists would have an issue with the change, though. Not all change is bad.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16391

Quote:

Not Saturday....

No sale.
Except when it's played on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carp View Post
My friends and I have always said that. Halloween should be on a weekend too. Here some candy kids. Now go to bed
I concur. Halloween should be on a weekend. And get this...I think election day should be on President's day. What better way to honor the founding fathers than to get as many people as possible to participate in the democratic process. Instead, it's just a long weekend for some.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16391

Makes way too much sense. This gets brought every year on 1530 it seems like. I really have no idea why they haven't done this yet.

The beer companies alone would make millions upon millions more. I think the ratings would be stronger late in the game and, overall, most fans would welcome it.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
Makes way too much sense. This gets brought every year on 1530 it seems like. I really have no idea why they haven't done this yet.

The beer companies alone would make millions upon millions more. I think the ratings would be stronger late in the game and, overall, most fans would welcome it.
Yeah, I was thinking about it last night and thought 'why the eff don't they move it?' It's not like the extra day really affects the teams. Would be so much better on Sat. Still love SB Sunday, though.

Let me also add that 'Sweetest Day' should be abolished and not recognized by anyone. Total BS. Valentines Day should sue.

Last edited by D.Boon; 01-25-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19175

Quote:

Not Saturday....

No sale.
Anybody that's watched football and loves football knows that NFL Football is played on Sunday.

All of those reasons might make sense, but NFL Football is on Sundays.

Quote:
Yeah, I was thinking about it last night and thought 'why the eff don't they move it?' It's not like the extra day really affects the teams. Would be so much better on Sat. Still love SB Sunday, though.

Let me also add that 'Sweetest Day' should be abolished and not recognized by anyone. Total BS. Valentines Day should sue.
Super Bowl on a Saturday? This isn't Russia............. is this Russia, this isn't Russia, is it?

Here in this country, Sundays are for God and football
Old 01-25-2013, 04:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Valentines day should also be abolished...

And how come theres a Mothers and Fathers day but no Brothers and Sisters day.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anybody that's watched football and loves football knows that NFL Football is played on Sunday.

All of those reasons might make sense, but NFL Football is on Sundays.

Super Bowl on a Saturday? This isn't Russia............. is this Russia, this isn't Russia, is it?

Here in this country, Sundays are for God and football
I'm fairly certain that we will not turn into commies by moving the SB to Sat. In fact, it would be a celebration of excess. NFL play on TH and SAT now...They even play in Europe. Some of the best playoff games this year were on Sat (Indy v. Balt) and it didn't make it any less enjoyable. In fact, it enhanced my enjoyment. No worries about work the next day.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm fairly certain that we will not turn into commies by moving the SB to Sat. In fact, it would be a celebration of excess. NFL play on TH and SAT now...They even play in Europe. Some of the best playoff games this year were on Sat (Indy v. Balt) and it didn't make it any less enjoyable. In fact, it enhanced my enjoyment. No worries about work the next day.
Theres a reason the NFL only has games on saturday during the playoffs.... Thats to maximize ratings they dont do this during the regular season becuase it creates more random days between games for teams to adjust to and the NFL has a deal with the NCAA not to broadcast games that will compete with their broadcast.

Sunday is Pro football.
Saturday is College
Friday is highschool.

Stop trying to confuse the country.

If you cant handle going to work the day after a football game that has nothing to do with your team... Then you either need help or need to be able to control your drinking. the superbowl is over at an early time. People who go to monday night games are out later and as drunk and they make it to work the next day.

And if your team is in the superbowl Call off or schedule off.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Theres a reason the NFL only has games on saturday during the playoffs.... Thats to maximize ratings they dont do this during the regular season becuase it creates more random days between games for teams to adjust to and the NFL has a deal with the NCAA not to broadcast games that will compete with their broadcast.

Sunday is Pro football.
Saturday is College
Friday is highschool.

Stop trying to confuse the country.

If you cant handle going to work the day after a football game that has nothing to do with your team... Then you either need help or need to be able to control your drinking. the superbowl is over at an early time. People who go to monday night games are out later and as drunk and they make it to work the next day.

And if your team is in the superbowl Call off or schedule off.
You must think this country is very easily confused. Like if we moved the SB to Saturday people would start doing their dishes in the bathtub and forget to eat. That horse your on is mighty high too...I am irish and I do like to drink. However, since I've become a father the most I'll ever have is a few beers. I do like to entertain on SB Sunday and people do have a good time...it's just a shame the festivities have to end early is all. I also havent called in sick to work in years bc (knock on wood) I haven't been sick. The fact of the matter though is that alcohol is deeply embedded in this country. Copious amounts of alcohol will be consumed on SB sundya. Some will call in. Some will show up hungover and not be productive. That's the reality.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:10 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 50008

This is like the people who move holidays and days of significance so they can have a three day weekend.

Tradition is tradition. Leaf it alone.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19175

Quote:
It's about tradition and it just doesn't feel right.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member

I undersatnd the tradiationalist perspective...but if I had my druthers I'd move it. SB Sunday isn't so sacred that I'd have an issue moving it. Not like moving Christmas to the 20th or something. But I get the sentament.

I'd also say that Monday night football was a tradition in the NFL. While it still exists its not the marquee game anymore...and I don't think many people have an issue w Sunday night football. We all watch and enjoy it, right?