Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: Would You Like To See Revis As A Bengal?
Yes 103 70.07%
No 44 29.93%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2013, 10:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2345
Default Re: Darrelle Revis Anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
......no its not
The guy can't stay on the field. Doesn't matter how good you are when you're watching from the sideline...
Old 01-25-2013, 10:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3707

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsIronMan View Post
The guy can't stay on the field. Doesn't matter how good you are when you're watching from the sideline...
I guess guys dont ever recover from injuries.

Swear Hall just missed about a season last year to injury, came back, and beasted

Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8821

Quote:
Hey, quit badmouthing Dre!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6698

The ONLY issue is his contract. Do you really want to pay a CB $16 million per year?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9244

Quote:
Exactly I'll take Hall and Newman over "Revis Island", cheaper and just as effective
lol
Old 01-25-2013, 10:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I guess guys dont ever recover from injuries.

Swear Hall just missed about a season last year to injury, came back, and beasted
Hall came back strong like he never missed a step. Revis while good, very good, is too expensive. He's not the same player, you can't say he is. I'll take Hall and Newman, even if they aren't as good, they're cheaper and pretty damn good themselves. Taking Revis leaves no money to extend our own.

Extending our own > "Revis island"

Last edited by BengalsIronMan; 01-25-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:40 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 29384

Darrelle Revis? Yes, please!

However, it would also be crucial who the Bengals would give up to the Jets in exchange for Revis: I would offer them Kyle Cook, Brandon Tate, Rey Maualuga, and Robert Geathers.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

His best option is signing with someone for like 8 mil just to prove to the league he can be healthy for a year THEN demand that huge contract he deserved when 100%.

But knowing todays league somebody will be desperate enough to give him the huge contract NOW

Old 01-25-2013, 10:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 29384

Quote:
His best option is signing with someone for like 8 mil just to prove to the league he can be healthy for a year THEN demand that huge contract he deserved when 100%.

But knowing todays league somebody will be desperate enough to give him the huge contract NOW
If Darrelle Revis knew he was going to a winning team he might be willing to take a cut in pay. Money isn't everything and I know he wants a ring.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Darrelle Revis? Yes, please!

However, it would also be crucial who the Bengals would give up to the Jets in exchange for Revis: I would offer them Kyle Cook, Brandon Tate, Rey Maualuga, and Robert Geathers.
Isnt he an UFA?

but we can give them everyone but Geathers anyway.lol

Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
If Darrelle Revis knew he was going to a winning team he might be willing to take a cut in pay. Money isn't everything and I know he wants a ring.
If money isnt everything to at least SOME players does Nicks go to TB last year?
Does Mario Williams go from HOU to BUFFALO?

Some players DONT care about ANYTHING but play time and money, and its been confirmed.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

Yes. For that money, we can agree!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6698

Quote:
Just like he offered to take a pay cut to stay in New York when they made the AFC Championship 2 years in a row?

He's the best corner in the league, but he LOVES money and has a HUGE ego. Put those 2 together and you are looking at a 16-20 million per year contract. It's not worth it in this era when teams routinely use 4 WRs.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:41 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9859

Revis hasnt played a full season in about 3 years. Hell of a talent when healthy, not worth the money he would want.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1855

Who would you want Atkins or Revis?
I don't think we could afford both.
I would rather keep Atkins
Old 01-26-2013, 11:26 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 41165

I would definitely take him at the right price on a one year deal. Lets say a 5th round draft choice, maybe and I mean maybe a 4th round choice if we get a supplemental 3rd which I have heard some people strongly believe we will get. I forget why though.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:28 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 41165

Quote:
If he knew he was going to a winning team, it wouldn't be the Bengals

Old 01-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6027

Quote:
Exactly I'll take Hall and Newman over "Revis Island", cheaper and just as effective

Cheaper yes,,,just as effective? lol
Old 01-26-2013, 02:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7956

Quote:
Originally Posted by lssd2012 View Post
Revis looks like he will get moved out of NY since the owner doesnt believe Revis will sign a long term contract with the team. With Revis looking to make $16 million+/year on a long term deal, there are not many teams out there that can afford him.

Bengals have $55 million in cap room and have enough assets to trade for him. Do you think they should do it? I think he could be had for our 1st and 2nd (not the oakland one).

We already have arguably the best d-line in football, and with Revis we would definetely have the best corner situation with him, Hall, Pacman, and lets not forget out 1st round pick last year who has yet to scratch the surface of his potential impact on the team
No, and I'll tell you why......We have Hall and we just drafted Kirkpatrick.....Unless you plan on dumping Hall or Kirkpatrick, we can't afford to add Revis

Also, you are thinking of Revis of 2010 when he shut down our Bengals and other teams.....This is going to be 2013......I have even heard the very Jets ESPN staff questioning Revis over the last few years. Thats one thing about ESPN, you will indeed hear everything Jets, you will hardly ever hear them talk Bengals, but you will get a gut load of Jets.... ......So is Revis even the top CB in the game as he was in 2010 ???

Unless you plan on dumping Hall or Kirkpatrick, then I don't see the money for Revis. Even with the salary cap money you mention, you need to spread that money out to have a complete team at all positions. Adding Revis to Hall and top pick Kirkpatrick is putting all the teams money into CB and the problem is, there are other positions than CB.

So, I would say no to considering Revis ......We have other areas that need help, such as WR, LB, maybe SS, maybe RB....
Old 01-26-2013, 02:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1784
bengals Re: Darrelle Revis Anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Just like he offered to take a pay cut to stay in New York when they made the AFC Championship 2 years in a row?

He's the best corner in the league, but he LOVES money and has a HUGE ego. Put those 2 together and you are looking at a 16-20 million per year contract. It's not worth it in this era when teams routinely use 4 WRs.
I would take him in a newyork minute, BUT he wants too much money,our team will not even consider him, he is coming off a serious injury, and is unproven after that, and the jets will not even allow him to sniff other teams. he will be back in new york.He will never be a bengal.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1784
bengals Re: Darrelle Revis Anyone???

Quote:
If he is now playing for a ring, which all players say they are,he would not even consider our team.I mean, as a lifetime fan of our team, i do not see us going to the super bowl for a few years, if at all.We will be lucky to finish second in our division.I still see the stoolers,dirty birds and now the brownies being very stong again this upcoming season.It will be a big time battle to win this division. can we?? Sure we can, but will we!!! Gotta win your home games, all of them.When was the last time that happened?????
Old 01-26-2013, 03:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22253

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
If he is now playing for a ring, which all players say they are,he would not even consider our team.I mean, as a lifetime fan of our team, i do not see us going to the super bowl for a few years, if at all.We will be lucky to finish second in our division.I still see the stoolers,dirty birds and now the brownies being very stong again this upcoming season.It will be a big time battle to win this division. can we?? Sure we can, but will we!!! Gotta win your home games, all of them.When was the last time that happened?????
If you can go 6-2 on the road, you don't necessarily have to go 8-0 at home.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 01-26-2013, 05:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 304
Default Re: Would you pull the trigger?

Yes but only if he agreed to a 5-6 year extension before the trade paying no more than 9-10 mil per year and a clause that he would not hold out every time another corner got a contract equal to or better than his...
Old 01-26-2013, 05:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

Don't know if this has been posted yet, and it's only a rumor, but no team is the NFL is going to pick up a player that wants $100M coming off an ACL tear.

Quote:
According to someone familiar with his thinking, Revis is seeking a contract similar to or “just north of’’ the deal the Bills gave defensive end Mario Williams — six years, $96 million with $50 million guaranteed. That is the largest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/...ts-100-million
Old 01-26-2013, 05:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

I'll admit I was was thinking this could be a possibility, albeit a small one, but the more I think about it, the less it makes sense. Revis was the best defender in football a couple of years ago, and you better believe the Jets would do everything they could to keep him. If they get rid of a few of their overpaid players including Sanchez, they'll have lot of cap room in 2014, but obviously not enough to satisfy Revis' needs.

The fact that they're getting rid of him tells me that he's looking for a gigantic deal that just doesn't make sense, financially. If he wants $100M, I don't want anything to do with him.