Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2485
Default Re: Can I Just Get A Moment.......

It seems re-posting the same ideas hasn't helped. Seems like your still taking flack, let's try this in Spanish!

Permítanme tratar de explicar las cosas aquí, ya que he estado cogiendo hella flack. Nuestra ofensiva necesita un poco de ayuda en serio. 2 goles de campo en los playoffs es inaceptable en serio, sobre todo después de que anotó la friolera de 10 puntos en los playoffs del año pasado. Aquí es ....... Estoy de acuerdo en que si podemos firmar Reggie Bush + Wallace / Bowe / Hartline + Jason Campbell que ninguno de mis "fuera de la caja" ideas para mejorar nuestro equipo ocupar ningún mérito. Sin embargo, los Bengals no han estado alguna vez exactamente un éxito en el mercado de agentes libres (es decir, estaré encantado si realmente agarrar una de estos tipos). Demonios, no me gusta dejar de selecciones en el draft ya que el tipo de al lado hace. Pero, teniendo en cuenta la probabilidad de que nos descamación en la agencia libre una vez más, un tercio de McFadden, un sexto de Titus Young, + una camioneta barata agente libre en el mariscal de campo David Garrard es donde actualmente se iría. Nuestra defensa (w / algunos retoques de menor) está listo para ganar ahora, así que no podemos dar la ofensa otros 5 años para tratar de ponerse al día. Plus (no estoy seguro si alguna vez realmente me llamó el infierno por éste), la entrega del trabajo OC a Hue Jackson simplemente tiene sentido. Ódiame si quieres, pero así es como yo lo veo.

Are they good ideas now?
Old 01-26-2013, 02:40 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham69Rock View Post
Allow me to try to explain things here, because I have recently been catching hella flack. Our offense needs some serious help. 2 field goals in the playoffs is seriously unacceptable, especially after we scored a whopping 10 points in the playoffs last year. Here it is.......I will agree that if we can sign Reggie Bush + Wallace/Bowe/Hartline + Jason Campbell that none of my "outside the box" ideas on improving our team hold any merit. However, the Bengals have not exactly EVER been a hit in the free agent market (i.e. I'll be thrilled if we actually grab 1 of these guys). Hell, I don't like giving up draft picks anymore than the next guy does. BUT, considering the probability of us flaking out in free agency again, a 3rd for McFadden, a 6th for Titus Young, + a cheap free agent pickup in QB David Garrard is where I would currently go. Our Defense (w/ a few minor tweaks) is ready to win NOW, thus we can't give the offense another 5 years to try to catch up. Plus (I'm not sure if I ever really caught hell for this one) handing over the OC job to Hue Jackson just simply makes sense. Hate me if you like, but that's just how I see it.
I agree about the offense but rookie receivers very rarely do anything in their rookie years.The OL needs a tweek such as replacing Cook who I have never been a fan of.I also disagree about the defense because we gave up a 100 yard rusher back to back years in the playoffs as well as getting no pressure what-so-ever on Schaub.Dalton also needs to learn to throw the deep ball alot better and ore consistent.We need another safety and couple linebackers to replace the SAM and Mike backers.I use to like Maualuga but more and more hes very disappointing and looks to heavy and slow.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:42 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19839
bengals Re: Can I Just Get A Moment.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
I agree about the offense but rookie receivers very rarely do anything in their rookie years.The OL needs a tweek such as replacing Cook who I have never been a fan of.I also disagree about the defense because we gave up a 100 yard rusher back to back years in the playoffs as well as getting no pressure what-so-ever on Schaub.Dalton also needs to learn to throw the deep ball alot better and ore consistent.We need another safety and couple linebackers to replace the SAM and Mike backers.I use to like Maualuga but more and more hes very disappointing and looks to heavy and slow.
What was the deepest drop Schaub took in that playoff game?
Old 01-26-2013, 06:45 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
It's not so much that you want to think outside the box. It is more you want to trade for garbage like Titus Young and McFadden(the guy has never even played half a season in the NFL without getting hurt). You want to sign a guy in Garrard who is old and has gotten hurt the last two years and needed surgery. Your trying to hard to come up with off the wall ideas. We have followed this plan for the last 4 or 5 years and it has gotten us to the playoffs now we stick to it as our guys develop and the wins will come.

I dont agree with a couple of his picks but he has a great point,,,particularly at the bottom of his post about the defense being ready now.

We have had a pretty stout defense since the arrival of zimmer, yet this whole time our offense has looked horrid for the most part except when benson was ripping off 100 yard games. We have an excellent young D line,,,a great 1 yr LB in burfict, hall is a decent corner (sorry i dont think hes elite) nelson is a decent safety, if this defense gets another good LB and either a good ball hawk safety and or another good corner (possibly Dre?) it will def be a SB caliber defense,,,hell it could be SB caliber now if we had a better offense,,,but by the time the coaches and owner get their heads out of their arse and fix the offense it will then be time to fix the damn defense again. We havent truly had a good offense since 06-07, for pete sake thats 6 years now of not scoring much or moving the ball very well.