Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5125
Default Re: How should child support be calculated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
You're a little bit late to the game, BengaliJack. In some states, if a person falls just a month or two behind their court ordered amount, their hauled into court on a monthly basis to show cause why they should not be held in contempt of court. I have known guys here in NC to get put in jail for being behind as little as a few hundred dollars. Many states will suspend drivers license, any professional licenses. It's not like courts aren't following up on that sort of thing.
Yea I have a few friends either in jail or on the run too.....but is the jail time madated across the board on a set amount? I think the bigger problem is not enough women are even claiming it.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5905

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
It would reduce the Douc**'s liability to the primary care giver and increase the amount the ***ch woudl be responsible for.

Lets please remember to be fair. Sometimes the ***ch is the dou*** and the dou*** is the ***ch.

lol
Old 01-25-2013, 06:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
People who can not afford $300 dollars a month to support a child should not have children.
2 thumbs up!!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
People who can not afford $300 dollars a month to support a child should not have children.

Another insensitive/bashing post from you.

Your all for defending black people (which is fine) but when it comes to whites or some others all you do is spout insults or insensitive remarks without even fully knowing the situation.

I could have afforded that CS in that situation ,,,my complaint was i wouldnt be able to afford my own place,,,i would have had to live with a family member or friend,,,they dont care what the mans situation is,,,its "pay or else"
Old 01-25-2013, 07:52 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
Another insensitive/bashing post from you.

Your all for defending black people (which is fine) but when it comes to whites or some others all you do is spout insults or insensitive remarks without even fully knowing the situation.

I could have afforded that CS in that situation ,,,my complaint was i wouldnt be able to afford my own place,,,i would have had to live with a family member or friend,,,they dont care what the mans situation is,,,its "pay or else"
1. I said nothing about race

2. The comment that you found so offensive was actually paraphrasing a comment YOU made in the abortion thread

,,if you dont want a child or cant provide for it, then you dont need to be having irresponsible unprotected sex.

Sound familiar now?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

2. The comment that you found so offensive was actually paraphrasing a comment YOU made in the abortion thread

,,if you dont want a child or cant provide for it, then you dont need to be having irresponsible unprotected sex.

Sound familiar now?
Fred...I'm not diggin you atm because of the other thread, but I'm with you on this one. Children need to be planned and if you can't affford them then use protection. GTG Gold Rush is on

Old 01-25-2013, 09:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29086

Quote:

Sound familiar now?
You can provide for a child on $8/hr. I did it with my first kid.

It's a different animal if you're paying child support. You can still provide for your child, but it's hard to provide for yourself at that point.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:34 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

Sound familiar now?

No i said something about race,, never stated you did.

Doesnt matter what i said, you still took it as a chance to say something insensitive.

Again prove where i cant or couldnt take care of a child,,,i have 2 of them by the way as we are doing just fine, so one more time ill state the complaint,,i could have payed that CS at that time,,i was complaining as to how i could afford to live on my own on 8 bucks an hour after forking over 300 of it to my wife, thats only going to leave me about 700 dollars left,,even one room efficiency apts in the ghetto are over 400 a month here.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:35 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
You can provide for a child on $8/hr. I did it with my first kid.

It's a different animal if you're paying child support. You can still provide for your child, but it's hard to provide for yourself at that point.

TY thats all i was trying to say.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:00 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Again prove where i cant or couldnt take care of a child,,,i have 2 of them by the way as we are doing just fine, so one more time ill state the complaint,,i could have payed that CS at that time,,i was complaining as to how i could afford to live on my own on 8 bucks an hour after forking over 300 of it to my wife, thats only going to leave me about 700 dollars left,,even one room efficiency apts in the ghetto are over 400 a month here.
Again let me remind me of one of your own quotes

God forbid someone say "hey some of you people need to look in the mirror and start taking some personalresonsibility" look how mad that made people,,,that tells a lot to me as to where our society is.

$300 a month is nothing when it comes to supporting a child. Instead of whining about how you could afford your cell phone you should have gotten a second job or something like that. You fathered that child and you are responsible for it. If you couldn't afford $300 per month then you shouldn't have had the child in the first place.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9925

Quote:
This is a very shallow and simplistic statement by you Fred. What if when you went to court you made 50 grand a year at somewhere like GM in Dayton and then you were laid off and now only make 25K from unemployment? Happens all the time.

Meanwhile, your ex still makes more money then you but you are paying her $500-600 per month while you are barely surviving.

I know quite a few guys that are living this way. I pay $500 a month for my son, while my ex goes shopping every weekend and her new husband is a cop. They make a ton more money then I do combined but I still have to pay because she is greedy.

To generalize something like this just shows that you are not only simplistic but also you think your better than everyone else. To say if you can't afford $300 a month, without knowing peoples situation is very stupid on your part Fred. But your an attorney, you know all correct?

A wise man once told me, your love life will never get boring if you imagine an 18 year old, turn the lights off, and dont feel around with your hands!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:24 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1441 View Post
This is a very shallow and simplistic statement by you Fred. What if when you went to court you made 50 grand a year at somewhere like GM in Dayton and then you were laid off and now only make 25K from unemployment? Happens all the time.

Meanwhile, your ex still makes more money then you but you are paying her $500-600 per month while you are barely surviving.

I know quite a few guys that are living this way. I pay $500 a month for my son, while my ex goes shopping every weekend and her new husband is a cop. They make a ton more money then I do combined but I still have to pay because she is greedy.

To generalize something like this just shows that you are not only simplistic but also you think your better than everyone else. To say if you can't afford $300 a month, without knowing peoples situation is very stupid on your part Fred. But your an attorney, you know all correct?
Actually I am playing devils advocate by throwing Dabo's words back in his face. He believes that the only reason anyone struggles financially is because they are lazy and irresponsible. He repeatedly says that no one should complain about their financial situation because all they have to do is fix it themself. Yet he fathered a child and is whining about having to pay $300 a month to raise that child.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Again let me remind me of one of your own quotes

God forbid someone say "hey some of you people need to look in the mirror and start taking some personalresonsibility" look how mad that made people,,,that tells a lot to me as to where our society is.

$300 a month is nothing when it comes to supporting a child. Instead of whining about how you could afford your cell phone you should have gotten a second job or something like that. You fathered that child and you are responsible for it. If you couldn't afford $300 per month then you shouldn't have had the child in the first place.

And as i stated before, i could have payed that money to support my child,,,that is not the argument even though you vainly try to keep making it.

You are a lawyer and judging by a post you made where you claimed you made like 50-70k more than your ex or some s##t that means you are probly making around 100k a year, if im wrong then correct me, so of course to you 300 a month is chump change,,,try making 8 bucks an hour and paying that while trying to support yourself.

The argument was that they dont care how the man lives,,,just pay up or else,,,thats the argument,,,it was never about if i couldnt pay that amount for my child, but keep dancing around that fact and attempting to make me out to be the bad guy.

As for my post on personal responsibility i made that in the abortion thread and it was pointed towards those who have sex then get pregnant knowing they never wanted a child and take the easy way out and abort it.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:00 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Actually I am playing devils advocate by throwing Dabo's words back in his face. He believes that the only reason anyone struggles financially is because they are lazy and irresponsible. He repeatedly says that no one should complain about their financial situation because all they have to do is fix it themself. Yet he fathered a child and is whining about having to pay $300 a month to raise that child.

Fred, no whining was made about supporting my child so you can now promplty shut the hell up.

As stated now for what the 4th time? I was complaining about the system and the fact that they dont care how the man survives,,,its pay this or else.

Yes in that situation if i wanted to live on my own while paying that i would have had to get a 2nd job (thus changing my condition) that is not the problem fred,,,so i will stop there as obviously your failing to see my argument.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:02 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
of course to you 300 a month is chump change,,,try making 8 bucks an hour and paying that while trying to support yourself.
I was responsible enough not to have children when I made $8 dollars an hour.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I was responsible enough not to have children when I made $8 dollars an hour.

See what i mean.

I could afford then and i could now, my argument was with the system.

Was i irresponsible having a child that i didnt plan? Yes i admit that.

Have i been responsible and helped do my part to take care of my children since then YES.

Your attempting to mix my arguments together to use against me,,,my whole argument with the irresponsible sex thing was dont do it if you KNOW you DONT want a child then think you can go and abort it to get our of your responsibilities. I did not go that route,,,i had 2 unplanned children with my now current wife,,,but we did not abort,,,we stepped up to the plate and did what we had to do. And we now have 2 healthy /happy children,,,our own home,,2 paid off cars,,and are starting our own business.

No wonder people make comments to you like "if you said that to me in person i would break your jaw" when you made that insensitive comment in the abortion thread. I really feel for you Fred.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:33 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:

I could afford then and i could now, my argument was with the system.
You mean the system that told you that $300 dollars a month was reasonable child support?

Okay then, if you ran the system how much do you think you should have paid in child support? To me I can't see a father paying much less than $300 a month to support his child. If he can't pay that much then he needs to get another job instead of BLAMING THE SYSTEM for his own mistake.

It's never your fault is it Dabo? The system was just holding you down by making you pay such a ridiculously high amount for child support.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16257

Quote:
It's not quite that simple all the time. When my wife and i had kids, we were well able to provide for them and i had absolutely no intentions of not being in their life every day. After about 3 years, my wife had other ideas. So we got divorced, she stayed in the house with primary care but i saw them every day and we split the days on the weekend. The cost of the divorce and the existing bills outside of the house and utilities were split down the middle.

Bottom line is, she stayed in the house with her income and her new (soon to be husbands) income and she got $387 a month from me (we split the cost of the total care) and i was expected to continue to pay my car payment, credit card payment among other things like gas and car insurance and then i got to add a rent payment to it. Even Steven, right?

So, as i said in my original point; it's not always that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5724

Quote:

Aren't we a little uppity.

I guess you believe the parents should've just aborted instead of being responsible for their actions.

Also with your comment I find it to be racist, since African Americans, Latino's and Native American Indians are poor at almost 3 times the rate of white people. So you're saying that they should not reproduce and we should just exterminate them?

http://www.statehealthfacts.org/prof...p?rgn=1&ind=14
Old 01-27-2013, 07:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
You mean the system that told you that $300 dollars a month was reasonable child support?

Okay then, if you ran the system how much do you think you should have paid in child support? To me I can't see a father paying much less than $300 a month to support his child. If he can't pay that much then he needs to get another job instead of BLAMING THE SYSTEM for his own mistake.

It's never your fault is it Dabo? The system was just holding you down by making you pay such a ridiculously high amount for child support.

You still fail to see the whole argument,,,this was based off my wife literally making over double what i made, she is fully capable of paying the bills and taking care of the kids on her salary alone,,now before you spin that,,i will follow it up by saying that doesnt mean i shouldnt have to help pay.

Now if she can afford it all on her own, but having me pay 300 is going to make it where i cant even afford live on my own i find unfair and unbalanced.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13296

Quote:
You still fail to see the whole argument,,,this was based off my wife literally making over double what i made, she is fully capable of paying the bills and taking care of the kids on her salary alone,,now before you spin that,,i will follow it up by saying that doesnt mean i shouldnt have to help pay.

Now if she can afford it all on her own, but having me pay 300 is going to make it where i cant even afford live on my own i find unfair and unbalanced.
So because she can afford to take care of the kids ALL BY HERSELF. You shouldn't have to pay or pay as much as you think is fair

The thing most guys don't seem to understand. It's not WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD. It's about what's best for the kids. Child support isn't like credit card debt and you decide I can afford to send the minimum payment this month.

Now, I do agree that the calculations need to be re looked. Not every case is a one size fits all. After my divorce I have Three kids I pay support. I am getting raped. But I know it for my kids and I know it's not forever.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 01-27-2013, 01:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16257

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
So because she can afford to take care of the kids ALL BY HERSELF. You shouldn't have to pay or pay as much as you think is fair

The thing most guys don't seem to understand. It's not WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD. It's about what's best for the kids. Child support isn't like credit card debt and you decide I can afford to send the minimum payment this month.

Now, I do agree that the calculations need to be re looked. Not every case is a one size fits all. After my divorce I have Three kids I pay support. I am getting raped. But I know it for my kids and I know it's not forever.
You forgot to read and understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13296

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
No if YOU read....he straight up contradicted himself. Putting a disclaimer out there and then saying the opposite.

Point is.....a lot of fathers cry the "whoa is me".

I pay child support myself. And Maryland rapes fathers.

BMOREBLITZ

Last edited by Bmoreblitz; 01-27-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post

And this is why i get annoyed dealing with people in these boards.

"now before you spin that,,i will follow it up by saying that doesnt mean i shouldnt have to help pay."

Again i never stated that CS is wrong or men./women shouldnt have to pay it. When your ex is making over double what you make and can easily pay for everything,,why then does the system require you to pay so much that you cant even live on your own? So no,,,technically its not about the kids at this point as proven the mother in my case could have easily taken care of them without my support,,,however that doesnt mean i shouldnt contribute,,but where is the line drawn so the man can actually support himself as well? Because we all know you wont get squat for assistance unless you have custody. So the man basically is arse out and told "oh well" while the woman gets CS as well as state assistance. And dont tell me that dont happen as my wife was getting free govt medical card for the kids (i dont remember if thats medicare or medicaid) as well at one point she was getting some help for the daycare bill ,,and 1-2 utilities.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post

ty, at least a few of us have reading comprehension