Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-26-2013, 03:07 AM
Carolinabengalfanguy's Avatar
Carolinabengalfanguy Carolinabengalfanguy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,419
Rep Points: 3231
bengals Running Backs 2.0

Now that the season is over there has been some change in the order of running back possibilities.

Giovanni Bernard North Carolina 5'10" 205 lbs. (2nd): After Marcus Lattimore's horrific knee injury there's no one that I like in the first, but there are a couple shooting up to my liking with our picks in the second round and Bernard (who wasn't even mentioned originally) is now my favorite on the board. I didn't know too much about him plus he was a sophomore so I didn't really expect him to declare at the time.
Bernard has a good blend of speed and power that makes him look like a featured back in the NFL. He has also been insanely consistent throughout his career including scoring a touchdown in every game he played this past year. He has the softest hands of the top prospects and to me is the most well rounded running back in the class. My biggest concern with him is durability as he has missed a few games with minor injuries, but nothing so bad as to scare me away from drafting him.

Eddie Lacy Alabama 6'0" 220 lbs. (2nd): Lacy is probably the biggest riser out of the names I mentioned the first time around. Then I thought of him as more of a number 2 power runner option only. Since then he's shown enough speed to go with his strength to make me think he has a shot at being a featured back in the NFL. Him tearing my bulldogs apart was probably the biggest reason in his rise, not to mention dominating Notre Dame.
While not fast, but fast enough Lacy has the great strength I like to see in our backfield. I really kind of see a better/faster/stronger version of BJGE in him. He has somewhat soft hands making a few catches, but not good enough for what we need in our backfield. In the end I think Lacy would go perfectly with a Gillislee/Barner that offers speed/catching and relief carries. He's been tough, avoiding injuries, and has very few college carries being behind Ingrim/Richardson and splitting with Yeldon.

Joseph Randle Oklahoma State 6'1" 200 lbs. (2nd-4th): I projected he'd stay the number two back and despite Lattimore falling off the totem pole two risers knock him into a solid 3rd best back place. He had a terrific year for the Cowboys and showed he could play well without Weedon and Blackmon taking pressure off of him.
He's a pretty good all around prospect with good power, speed, hands, and blocking ability although he doesn't shine in any one area and is more of a jack of all trades running back. I see feature running back potential in him and at worst he would make a very good versatile number two back. He might be there at the end of the third, but I expect him to be taken before our pick in that round.

Stepfan Taylor Stanford 5'11" 208 lbs. (2nd-3rd): I wasn't a big fan of Taylor the first time around and I'm still not at this point. He has a fairly versatile skill set with good power, blocking skills, and fairly soft hands. I don't know what it is, but he just doesn't excite me as a prospect despite showing consistency and toughness over the last three years. I wouldn't be extremely disappointed if we got him because he has nice qualities, but I prefer the other prospects more.

Mike Gillislee Florida 5'11" 208 lbs. (2nd-4th): I put a lot of focus on him being a draft riser and I proved to be right. He along with Barner are the only backs in this draft that could have the super timed speed around the 4.4 level. He had a good year, but showed some durability concerns, which I expect out of my speedy back. I don't think of him as a featured back at all, but as a change of pace backup that can get around 15 carries or less a game and some catches. If we could pair him up with BJGE and a strong RB in the draft then we could have a strong versatile stable of running backs that could share carries and keep themselves healthy. I think there's a chance him or Barner could fall to us in the mid rounds.

Jonathan Franklin UCLA 5'10" 205 lbs. (3rd-4th): I thought he could sneak into the 2nd round (he still could) after having a phenomenal season under Jim Mora Jr. He doesn't have awesome power or speed, but he can run well and catch the ball well. I don't think much of him as a feature back, but he has the skill set to be a good number two and maybe a feature if he ever shines some especially good speed or strength.

Andre Ellington Clemson 5'10" 190 lbs. (3rd-4th): Ellington had a good year, but didn't end up improving or hurting his draft stock. I'd like to see what he does in the 40 time as he's a fairly fast game player. He doesn't stick out to me at any one level, but can do a little bit of everything pretty well. My biggest knock on him (like the past Clemson backs) is his propensity for small nagging injuries. I see him as more of a number two in relief of another back with soft enough hands and potentially enough speed to be a change of pace player.

Kenjon Barner Oregon 5'11" 195 lbs. (3rd-4th): Experts still insisting that he's going to be a mid round pick. I bet anything he's gone by the second round, which is too early for me. If he's there in the 3rd I think hard about taking him and if he makes it to the fourth I'm definitely pulling the trigger. My hope is that he or Gillislee will last until our fourth round pick and we can take a speedy back I've wanted for a long long time. He'll hopefully be the fastest back in the draft and has the hands to be a top notch change of pace back. He's my favorite after finding a more featured type back.

Montee Ball Wisconsin 5'11" 210 lbs. (3rd-5th): He should have left school last season, but he definitely improved his draft stock from beginning and mid season evaluations where I though he could end up plummeting towards the end of the draft. I want to think he could be a great power back for a team, but the failure of Wisconsin RB's along with the general failure of strong B1G backs in the NFL really makes me want to avoid Montee unless he's our final pick. I like him as a player and his power skill set, but history says he'll be a colossal bust or a disappointing guy that gets a 1,000 yard 2-3 YPC and 4-8 TD's. Also he has had a ton of carries in his college career, which has also been devastating to many prospects.

La'Veon Bell Michigan State 6'2" 238 lbs. (3rd-6th): He was a sexy pick after week one, but things have cooled tremendously as I think about his slow speed and the failure of B1G RB's comes to mind. I don't really like him as a RB at all anymore, but I'm starting to really like him as a FB with his size, power, and receiving ability and wonder if he couldn't become a great FB.

Juwan Jamison Rutgers 5'8" 200 lbs. (2nd-5th): I honestly don't know much about the kid except the Ray Rice comparisons. Its been 50-50 on "Rice" clones in the draft with Doug Martin being a great back so far. Idk I guess we'll see maybe you guys know more about him.

Marcus Lattimore South Carolina 6'0" 218 lbs. (5th-UDFA): I still love this guy, but you can't ignore such a gruesome knee injury. If anyone can come back strong from that I believe Lattimore is the guy to do it. I'd sniff at him in the fourth, but really become interested in the fifth round and beyond. He had a great blend of power to go with decent speed and good hands for such a strong back. I don't buy him being ready by seasons beginning and feel he's only going to hurt himself again if he comes back that quick. I think it's all a propaganda attempt to raise his stock. We'll see if he can do anything like a combine or pro day before the draft. If we take him I think we'd have to PUP him for a chunk of the year if not sitting him on IR the entire season while he heals to 100%.

Michael Dyer Ex-Auburn 5'9" 210 lbs. (5th-UDFA): I think I heard he's going to school for another year. I'm not sure it would help and might only proceed to raise more question marks. Dyer was really good at Auburn displaying speed and power although he doesn't have great hands at all. I'd probably look at him with our final pick and would definitely bring him in if he goes undrafted.

Stefphon Jefferson Nevada 5'11" 210 lbs. (4th-6th): This guy was a big riser and I think could be the sleeper pick of the draft. This past season he was healthy and consistent even if against weak competition. He doesn't have a lot of career carries either. He has good power and size for a RB and decent speed although thats the area I question the most besides his competition. I'd like him fifth and beyond and think he could be a hidden gem of the RB class.

Michael Ford/Spencer Ware LSU (5th-7th): Part of a large running back by committee with LSU this last year. No one got enough carries in that backfield to get a good evaluation of their talents so it's anyone's guess as to how successful they could be. Hopefully practices and combine work will help us get an idea for these two guys.

Zac Stacy Vanderbilt 5'9" 210 lbs. (5th-7th): Being a big SEC fan and having a particular interest in the Vandy/Jordan Rodgers/Coach Franklin building off of last years success I was quick to notice and mention Zac Stacy as a potential late round gem. I've seen in other posts that he has grown in popularity amongst the other "draft evaluators".
Stacy has been consistent and durable the past two years for the surging commodores. He may not have good clock speed (we'll see), but he seems to have great game speed to me. He has some ability to catch the ball, but not nearly as well as some other guys on here. I'm hoping to see a strong 40 time at the combine and I'm definitely interest in Stacy with our last pick and definitely as a UDFA if he falls out of the draft.

Rex Burkhead Nebraska 5'11" 210 lbs. (7th): I like this guy as a person, but not as a player. I gave him a courtesy listing on here for being a stand up guy. He's a hard worker and a power guy with some receiving ability. As I've mentioned earlier B1G backs have mostly been failures in the NFL, but the guy will at least put in the work to try to be a better player. We don't have a 7th so I wouldn't look at him in the draft, but if he falls out of it then we should definitely give him a call and bring him in to work hard and try to earn a roster spot.

I didn't mention a few players because they aren't really on my radar to draft. Ray Graham is floating between being on the list or off, but as of now I'm still thinking about him.
__________________

Last edited by Carolinabengalfanguy; 01-26-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-26-2013, 06:44 AM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,879
Rep Points: 23677
bengals Re: Running Backs 2.0

Taylor is about the least impressive to me. His game is pretty pedestrian.

I would argue with your Gillislee assessment. He has shown to be a guy that can handle a significant workload and not sure where you really get the durability concerns. He is a decent blocker when it comes to picking up the blitz. Probably one of my favorites in this draft.

Kenjon Barner has probably changed my mind more than any back. After watching more and more film on him he has shown to be a better between the tackles runner than I have given him credit for.

Not surs how you put Burkhead on your list and leave Christine Michaels off.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:22 AM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,879
Rep Points: 23677
bengals Re: Running Backs 2.0

Christine Michael could be the dark horse RB in this draft. A broken leg and a knee injury are the concerns with young man. However, his injuries were no more devastating than those of Lattimore.

If Michael is available in the 4th to 5th RD. range then I feel he should be given strong consideration. Cannot deny that I would be interested to see a combo added in the draft of Barner and Michael.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:33 AM
TGISunday's Avatar
TGISunday TGISunday is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,532
Rep Points: 3768
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post

I would argue with your Gillislee assessment. He has shown to be a guy that can handle a significant workload and not sure where you really get the durability concerns. He is a decent blocker when it comes to picking up the blitz. Probably one of my favorites in this draft.
Agreed.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Carolinabengalfanguy's Avatar
Carolinabengalfanguy Carolinabengalfanguy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,419
Rep Points: 3231
bengals Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Taylor is about the least impressive to me. His game is pretty pedestrian.

I would argue with your Gillislee assessment. He has shown to be a guy that can handle a significant workload and not sure where you really get the durability concerns. He is a decent blocker when it comes to picking up the blitz. Probably one of my favorites in this draft.

Kenjon Barner has probably changed my mind more than any back. After watching more and more film on him he has shown to be a better between the tackles runner than I have given him credit for.

Not surs how you put Burkhead on your list and leave Christine Michaels off.
I got a feeling Barner will end up going in the second. And I just think Gill's going to have durability concerns at the next level, but you never really know plus most backs have durability concerns eventually at some point lol

Burkhead was more of a respect placement from playing well against my team in the bowl game.

I don't like Christine Michael, but you're also the one who put Giovani on my radar and now he's at the top of my list so I'd love some feedback about what you like about him

I think it's just the fact that he's either not gotten a lot of carries or that he's been hurt plus I haven't watched much of Texas A&M until this year and I still didn't see much of them.
__________________

Last edited by Carolinabengalfanguy; 01-26-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 AM
D's Nuts and Bolts's Avatar
D's Nuts and Bolts D's Nuts and Bolts is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manhattan, KS
Posts: 2,049
Rep Points: 2754
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Can you please add Kerwynn Williams.
Becomes the KR/PR day one, gives that change of pace back, caught 45 passes this year, and has never had any injuries.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1p12_k9Etw

IMO you could fix the RB position for the next five years with.

Lacy at 2A Starter

Burkhead in the 4th/5th 3rd/ST guy

Williams in the 6th COP/KR guy

Obviously this wont happen.

Last edited by D's Nuts and Bolts; 01-26-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Stewee28's Avatar
Stewee28 Stewee28 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cincy Burbs, Ohio
Posts: 697
Rep Points: 1025
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Just give me Eddie Lacy and follow it up in the late rounds with Williams. It would be a perfect setup for the Bengals backfield. I would love to grab Barner, but he is going to end up going earlier then the fourth and I really wouldnt want the Bengals drafting two RunningBacks in consecutive rounds.

Eddie Lacy - 3 down back
Kerwynn Williams - scat back / change of pace / return specialist
BJGE - short yardarge / goal - line

That is one hell of a backfield! Lacy is the best back in this draft, in my opinion!!!
__________________

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:42 AM
et2house's Avatar
et2house et2house is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 3,270
Rep Points: 4636
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Some of those guys have been weighed and measured at the senior bowl and shrine game, which does not match wherever you got their sizes from:

Stefan Taylor not 5'11" 208 but 5'9" 216

Kenjon Barner not 5'11" 195 but 5'9" 188

Andre Ellington not 5'10" 190 but 5'9" 197

Zac Stacy not 5'9" 210 but 5'8" 215

Also a couple pounds off on Gillislee and Franklin.

I imagine once the combine happens more of the measurables will change.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:15 PM
09itsourtime's Avatar
09itsourtime 09itsourtime is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,490
Rep Points: 1325
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

If bernard is the 2A i hope we grab him. He will be a perfect fit here. Id easily take him over lacy as well.
__________________
Stay Classy Cleveland, Stay Classy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Carolinabengalfanguy's Avatar
Carolinabengalfanguy Carolinabengalfanguy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,419
Rep Points: 3231
bengals Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by et2house View Post
Some of those guys have been weighed and measured at the senior bowl and shrine game, which does not match wherever you got their sizes from:

Stefan Taylor not 5'11" 208 but 5'9" 216

Kenjon Barner not 5'11" 195 but 5'9" 188

Andre Ellington not 5'10" 190 but 5'9" 197

Zac Stacy not 5'9" 210 but 5'8" 215

Also a couple pounds off on Gillislee and Franklin.

I imagine once the combine happens more of the measurables will change.
I just nabbed sizes off of Walter I will probably do one after the combine and maybe another one right before the draft. Keep on adding info and names for me to look at for my future lists. I'm curious as to whether Gill and Barner will run close to a 4.4 forty and who out of the rest will surprise us with their combine speed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Bull Durham Bull Durham is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 775
Rep Points: 595
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Just from following the bengals and Jim Anderson, it's not hard to tell what RBs they will have their eyes on. Stepfan Taylor would be at the top of their list along with Ball and Franklin... Along with Lacy and Bernard who are the top two backs.

Gillislee isn't going to appeal to them very much. He doesn't bring much to the table.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:30 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,381
Rep Points: 19910
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Just from following the bengals and Jim Anderson, it's not hard to tell what RBs they will have their eyes on. Stepfan Taylor would be at the top of their list along with Ball and Franklin... Along with Lacy and Bernard who are the top two backs.

Gillislee isn't going to appeal to them very much. He doesn't bring much to the table.
If you go by what Anderson said, it would seem they want a do it all franchise back, which is what I believe Marvin wants anyway. They don't give the second guy enough touches to even matter. It's almost like an after thought.
__________________
www.musicsite.biz/leftyohio

singersongwriterrocknroll
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:35 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 47,511
Rep Points: 51954
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post

Mike Gillislee Florida 5'11" 208 lbs. (2nd-4th): I put a lot of focus on him being a draft riser and I proved to be right. He along with Barner are the only backs in this draft that could have the super timed speed around the 4.4 level..
I don't know how fast Ellington will run on a track, but he plays fast as hell.

Right now Gillislee is one of my favorites, but that is probabaly just because I am an SEC fan and have seen him play more than most of the others.

Lacy is the wildcard. he could shoot up the board like a rocket if he runs a fast forty at the combine. I know it shouldn't work like that, but it will. I look for him to shed weight for the combine just to get a better time.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Carolinabengalfanguy's Avatar
Carolinabengalfanguy Carolinabengalfanguy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,419
Rep Points: 3231
bengals Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Just from following the bengals and Jim Anderson, it's not hard to tell what RBs they will have their eyes on. Stepfan Taylor would be at the top of their list along with Ball and Franklin... Along with Lacy and Bernard who are the top two backs.

Gillislee isn't going to appeal to them very much. He doesn't bring much to the table.
I don't mind Franklin, Lacy, and Bernard but I'm not quite as intrigued by Taylor and Ball.

For me Gill doesn't bring a ton to the table but he brings hands and game breaking speed at the running back position that we've needed since I've started watching.
Ellington does play fast he's one of a few guys I think could potentially run a 4.4 at the combine.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Bull Durham Bull Durham is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 775
Rep Points: 595
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
If you go by what Anderson said, it would seem they want a do it all franchise back, which is what I believe Marvin wants anyway. They don't give the second guy enough touches to even matter. It's almost like an after thought.
How do you know. They haven't had a second guy who is any good. If they had a good second RB they would use him.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
I just nabbed sizes off of Walter I will probably do one after the combine and maybe another one right before the draft. Keep on adding info and names for me to look at for my future lists. I'm curious as to whether Gill and Barner will run close to a 4.4 forty and who out of the rest will surprise us with their combine speed.
4.4?? Barner will hit the high 4.2 range
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Carolinabengalfanguy's Avatar
Carolinabengalfanguy Carolinabengalfanguy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,419
Rep Points: 3231
bengals Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
How do you know. They haven't had a second guy who is any good. If they had a good second RB they would use him.
When have we had a good #1 lately lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:17 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,381
Rep Points: 19910
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
How do you know. They haven't had a second guy who is any good. If they had a good second RB they would use him.
You're probably right. Peerman gained some yards last year when he got the touches but when he got hurt, that was it for him. But I still say the second back is more of an after thought than a real plan. Three or four carries a game is not enough.
__________________
www.musicsite.biz/leftyohio

singersongwriterrocknroll
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:46 PM
D's Nuts and Bolts's Avatar
D's Nuts and Bolts D's Nuts and Bolts is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manhattan, KS
Posts: 2,049
Rep Points: 2754
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
I don't mind Franklin, Lacy, and Bernard but I'm not quite as intrigued by Taylor and Ball.

For me Gill doesn't bring a ton to the table but he brings hands and game breaking speed at the running back position that we've needed since I've started watching.
Ellington does play fast he's one of a few guys I think could potentially run a 4.4 at the combine.
Until they start putting pads on these guys to run, the 40 time is at the bottom of my list. Track fast vs football fast.

Martin
Ballard
Morris

All ran above 4.55 last year, Lamar Miller had the fastest time at 4.4 and he went in the third

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-dra...-back-40-times
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:54 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,879
Rep Points: 23677
bengals Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
I got a feeling Barner will end up going in the second. And I just think Gill's going to have durability concerns at the next level, but you never really know plus most backs have durability concerns eventually at some point lol

Burkhead was more of a respect placement from playing well against my team in the bowl game.

I don't like Christine Michael, but you're also the one who put Giovani on my radar and now he's at the top of my list so I'd love some feedback about what you like about him

I think it's just the fact that he's either not gotten a lot of carries or that he's been hurt plus I haven't watched much of Texas A&M until this year and I still didn't see much of them.
Here is a good read on Michael and it breaks down strengths and weaknesses very accurately:


http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...e-Michael.html

Here is some footage as well. I encourage you to take into consideration most are highlight videos and the only thing I look for in them is how he carries the ball, does the runner change arms with the ball accordingly. I watch for their burst through holes and cut back ability. Can they change direction at speed etc. , how are they at the point of contact, do they show vision and set up blockers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ynz-r-vKag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCVqxFeWFoU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCVqxFeWFoU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBQnOz6nhxE

The last is not a highlight video it is his touches against Arkansas in 2011.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-27-2013, 07:45 PM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 14,393
Rep Points: 37126
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Christine Michael could be the dark horse RB in this draft. A broken leg and a knee injury are the concerns with young man. However, his injuries were no more devastating than those of Lattimore.

If Michael is available in the 4th to 5th RD. range then I feel he should be given strong consideration. Cannot deny that I would be interested to see a combo added in the draft of Barner and Michael.
That sounds awesome to me.
__________________
2014 Bengals........13-3, #1 seed in playoffs. That's gonna happen.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Shady is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 10,114
Rep Points: 23268
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
Can you please add Kerwynn Williams.
Becomes the KR/PR day one, gives that change of pace back, caught 45 passes this year, and has never had any injuries.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1p12_k9Etw

IMO you could fix the RB position for the next five years with.

Lacy at 2A Starter

Burkhead in the 4th/5th 3rd/ST guy

Williams in the 6th COP/KR guy

Obviously this wont happen.
I'd settle for

Lattimore/Lacy/Gillislee/Michael/Ball

+K.Williams as the CoP back
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-27-2013, 08:31 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

I'm liking Franklin more and more. I'd be happy with him.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-27-2013, 08:36 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 21,941
Rep Points: 40297
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Like everybody else I have my favorites; however, I really don't care who they pick as long as they make a serious effort to upgrade at RB and select 1 within the 1st 3 rounds.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-27-2013, 08:44 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Running Backs 2.0

Yeah we definitely need to draft 1 within the first 3 rounds.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.