Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-25-2013, 11:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
manti got picked on big time the other day against nfl talent...reminded me alot of mauluaga...and it scared me...no thanks.

love lacy. love the pic.

I love sanu and i love marvin jones..i think we need to address Wr whether it be draft or FA but i dont think we need to do it in the 2nd. Marquess Wilson from WSU would be a sweet steal late.

Love jefferson, but i think there is better value at this pick for us at DE and in the 4th we go safety with someone like Swearinger, but i wouldnt be mad at this pic.

JOhn simon is outa position here and i think if u think he is gonna drop then why would we want him in the first place. go T.Carradine or M.Goodman, in the 3rd and Swearinger in the 4th.

i like leon mcfadden so good pick here...i think he could be a solid contributor some day...high ceiling.

No thanks on the injury prone mauti. i hear if u get him on the field tho hes good. theres other healthy better backers here.

Rather have kerwynn williams... saw alot of isi, not a fan. not impressed. the wind could register a tackle on him.
If you look at Teo's body of work you will see that he isn't your average player. I think he was just taken for a ride but turn on the tape. My favorite LB in this draft and nobody compares. If so who? From freshman year to senior year. Who?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6678

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
If you look at Teo's body of work you will see that he isn't your average player. I think he was just taken for a ride but turn on the tape. My favorite LB in this draft and nobody compares. If so who? From freshman year to senior year. Who?
You have a great point about freshman to senior year.

Unfortunately it means absolutely nothing when it comes to the draft. Teams are only interested in how these guys project to the NFL game. A 2 year starter with outstanding instincts and physical tools will guy higher than a 4 year starter with limited ability.

Teo is a first rounder, but I think you are asking for trouble putting him at MLB in a scheme that asks him to cover the middle of the field.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
You have a great point about freshman to senior year.

Unfortunately it means absolutely nothing when it comes to the draft. Teams are only interested in how these guys project to the NFL game. A 2 year starter with outstanding instincts and physical tools will guy higher than a 4 year starter with limited ability.

Teo is a first rounder, but I think you are asking for trouble putting him at MLB in a scheme that asks him to cover the middle of the field.
The strides that he made from Jr to Sr year in coverage ability has been nothing short of brilliant. I hear alot of people saying this is Rey 2.0 that couldn't be furthest from the truth. That holds true w/ Taylor Mays and McDonald they are far from the same prospect. Yes,I think Manti was a complete moron but do I think hes not the best LB in this draft .NO.
I wanted him to lead this defense last year and I want the same now. He can play SAM also.
There is no doubt in my mind that ML will take him @ 21. The guys will give him crap until he starts hitting people and he can do that. Don't be suprised if hes playing next to Burfict in stripes. I like that look. Most of the time when you draft a heisman finalist I can imagine that they come in thinking they don't have to win a job. If we have the opportunity to take Teo and Mathieu in the same draft without comprimising team needs then you do it. On top of that both will have a chip on the shoulders that coaches don't have to gin up. Give me that any day.

Last edited by BBlesmiley; 01-26-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:04 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
manti got picked on big time the other day against nfl talent...reminded me alot of mauluaga...and it scared me...no thanks.

love lacy. love the pic.

I love sanu and i love marvin jones..i think we need to address Wr whether it be draft or FA but i dont think we need to do it in the 2nd. Marquess Wilson from WSU would be a sweet steal late.

Love jefferson, but i think there is better value at this pick for us at DE and in the 4th we go safety with someone like Swearinger, but i wouldnt be mad at this pic.

JOhn simon is outa position here and i think if u think he is gonna drop then why would we want him in the first place. go T.Carradine or M.Goodman, in the 3rd and Swearinger in the 4th.

i like leon mcfadden so good pick here...i think he could be a solid contributor some day...high ceiling.

No thanks on the injury prone mauti. i hear if u get him on the field tho hes good. theres other healthy better backers here.

Rather have kerwynn williams... saw alot of isi, not a fan. not impressed. the wind could register a tackle on him.
Isi runs like a big RB and would be great for third down and kick returns.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime100 View Post
Thats a good find on Hamilton he was awesome at Georgia before he transferred. I thought he was just as good as Rambo or Williams.
He was also the starter before he got hurt. Then he chose to transfer after his injury and a change of heart. He has supreme ball skills.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10585

Even though you are missing my favorite Prospect (Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State) I really like your mock.... good job!

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 02-01-2013, 12:02 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
Even though you are missing my favorite Prospect (Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State) I really like your mock.... good job!
I like Poyer alot and if we drafted him he would be a shutdown nickel to start and a starter opposite Kirk. He's truly a **** starter at corner. We need 2 playmakers on the backend in this draft and I think we will be set for a longtime with what we have coming back. Ghee,Prather and Kirk all coming back.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 105

I like this mock but would have to go o- line somewhere.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftdruggie View Post
I like this draft but the jurys still out on Montee Ball. I still can't believe he is a second rounder at this point. All the sites have him in the second.
I thought he would've ran a stronger 40 time since he skipped the seniorbowl to prepare but his drills were solid. I think he can be had in the 3rd round if we truly want him. Now Le'Veon Bell on the other hand looked great in my opinion. I feel he will move up boards as this process moves forward he looked very natural in his drills plucking the ball out of the air and showing good quick feet.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50yarder View Post
I like this mock but would have to go o- line somewhere.
For depth later but not early because I just dont know who they beat out at this point.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:08 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: Mockinataredlight 13'

I really like the Ogletree draft.