Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10554
Default Here it is!!

Resign:
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Thomas Howard, Kevin Huber, Josh Brown, Wallace Gilberry, Adam Jones, Terrence Newman, Pat Sims.

FA:
WR Chad Johnson-1 year deal to provide him with a shot to go out in a better fashion. I doubt he screws it up.
QB Drew Stanton-He can teach us how to dougie.
LB Conner Barwin-Cincinnati Kid comes home to play SAM in the 4-3.
SS Le"ron Landry-This is the safety Zimmer needs. I wanted him last year but I guess the Bengals were scared off by his injury. 1 year and 1 pro bowl later he is available again.

Draft:
1. CORDARRELLE PATTERSON WR/TENN

Patterson and Green would likely form the greatest tandem ever. Patterson has rare skills the likes of Randy Moss.

2a. JORDAN POYER CB/OREGON STATE

Ahh... here is my favorite player in this class. Look at his measurables and he looks like J.Joe. We can dub him J.Po.

2b. MARCUS LATTIMORE RB/SOUTH CAROLINA

There has been a lot of talk that Lattimore is way ahead of schedule in his rehab. I'm buying.

3. JAMIE COLLINS OLB/SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI

We need someone to play WILL if Thomas is slow on his comeback.

4. TRAVIS KELCE TE/ CINCINNATI

Apass catching TE that can actually catch and can actually block? What a clever idea.

5, SHAWN WILLIAMS SS/GEORGIA

We love them DAWGS! I could see us clean house of our current strong safeties so a late round pick on a guy like Williams makes sense.

6a.MANASE FOKETI OT/ WEST TEXAS A&M

Foketi is a big powerful tackle. 6'5" 333LBS of pure raw power... emphasis on raw.

6b MICHAEL MAUTI LB/ PENN STATE

Just a solid tackler. Nothing flashy. Could be a good special teamer.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1

Last edited by Lawless_1; 01-25-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:57 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Here it is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
Resign:
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Thomas Howard, Kevin Huber, Josh Brown, Wallace Gilberry, Adam Jones, Terrence Newman, Pat Sims.

FA:
WR Chad Johnson-1 year deal to provide him with a shot to go out in a better fashion. I doubt he screws it up.
SS Le"ron Landry-This is the safety Zimmer needs. I wanted him last year but I guess the Bengals were scared off by his injury. 1 year and 1 pro bowl later he is available again.

Draft:

Patterson and Green would likely form the greatest tandem ever. Patterson has rare skills the likes of Randy Moss.

Ahh... here is my favorite player in this class. Look at his measurables and he looks like J.Joe. We can dub him J.Po.

There has been a lot of talk that Lattimore is way ahead of schedule in his rehab. I'm buying.

3. JAMIE COLLINS OLB/SOTHERN MISSISSIPPI

Apass catching TE that can actually catch and can actually block? What a clever idea.

We love them DAWGS! I could see us clean house of our current strong safeties so a late round pick on a guy like Williams makes sense.

Foketi is a big powerful tackle. 6'5" 333LBS of pure raw power... emphasis on raw.

6b GREG BLAIR LB/ CINCINNATI

The guy racked up a ton of tackles at UC. Could be a good special teamer.

1st off Blair got his 6th yr of eligibility so he's going back to UC.

secondly Kelce and Williams won't last that long, would be nice if they did but highly unlikely.

Barwin will cost more than he is worth, he had 1 good season and that's it.Not sure he is real good in coverage at almost 270 lbs, I'll pass.

The rest is not too bad but I wouldn't take Lattimore that high, too risky. We need someone not injury prone and someone stable right off the bat.

Ohh and Ocho Cinco is done.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:50 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10411

If Shawn Williams is in the 5th round, or even the 4th, Bengals need to draft him. Trade up if you must.

Also, I like this mock. I'm torn on drafting a WR early because I truly like Sanu. And I think Hawkins should come back. But either way. like the mock

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 106

PROS of this Mock:

1. Legit #2 WR in the 1st
2. Jamie Collins in the 3rd
3. Taking a flyer on Lattimore

CONS of this Mock:

1. *Robert Alford > Jordan Poyer and can be had with better value. I Poyer proves to be a 4.4 guy at the combine and Trufant is gone, this will move into the PROS for me, though.*
2. ABSOLUTELY no TE in this draft, we drafted Charles last year
3. Shawn Williams will be long gone by the 5th and he has not impressed me in coverage compared to a couple of the other Safeties at Mobile.
4. Foketi isn't "raw". He started 13 games for KSU in 2010 and only ended up at West Texas A&M because he graduated early, wanted to play another year of football and KSU would not grant his scholarship release. I put it in the CONS section because he is the 18th rated T by nfldraftscout and with that current rating, he will not make it out of the 4th round. But, boy, if he did.
5. Gregg Blair?who?. I know he plays for the Bearcats, but he's going back to college and even if he wasn't, it feels like a homer pick.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5086

I don't see us going WR 1st because the coaches I truly believe like Sanu and Jones.S is a much bigger need than CB. We have the past two years found veterans to come in and play well. We have a young guy who like it or not will start this year and take some lumps. We need a S to help him out and make his transition a bit easier.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15318

Quote:
Resign:

FA:

Draft:

3. JAMIE COLLINS OLB/SOTHERN MISSISSIPPI

6b GREG BLAIR LB/ CINCINNATI

The guy racked up a ton of tackles at UC. Could be a good special teamer.
I could not read once you suggested we resign the cancer Chad "I only care about me" Johnson. There is no room for his type in today's locker room nor should there be.

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Old 01-25-2013, 10:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
I don't see us going WR 1st because the coaches I truly believe like Sanu and Jones.S is a much bigger need than CB. We have the past two years found veterans to come in and play well. We have a young guy who like it or not will start this year and take some lumps. We need a S to help him out and make his transition a bit easier.
What about the idea of getting a starting safety in FA and then getting Poyer at CB in the draft? The safety class has a handful of good starters (Landry, Phillips, Byrd, Goldson) that could start and are not 30+ years old. Top safeties are also much cheaper than top CBs. We could then let Williams learn the defense without having to start right off the bat. Not every position can be upgraded in one year.

But I think the Bengals are more likely to draft a high safety this year than CB.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
What about the idea of getting a starting safety in FA and then getting Poyer at CB in the draft? The safety class has a handful of good starters (Landry, Phillips, Byrd, Goldson) that could start and are not 30+ years old. Top safeties are also much cheaper than top CBs. We could then let Williams learn the defense without having to start right off the bat. Not every position can be upgraded in one year.

But I think the Bengals are more likely to draft a high safety this year than CB.
I think they'll draft both. Their is going to be 2 or 3 lockdown type CB's in rounds 2 and 3 and maybe even 4 if McFadden lasts that long which is highly unlikely.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethedraft View Post
1. *Robert Alford > Jordan Poyer and can be had with better value. I Poyer proves to be a 4.4 guy at the combine and Trufant is gone, this will move into the PROS for me, though.*
Why is everyone big on Trufant but me? The guy has the coverage skills of Taylor Mays.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
1st off Blair got his 6th yr of eligibility so he's going back to UC.
I had not heard that. Will update accordingly.

Quote:
6b MICHAEL MAUTI LB/ PENN STATE

Just a solid tackler. Nothing flashy. Could be a good special teamer.

Last edited by Lawless_1; 01-25-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 360

Quote:
Why is everyone big on Trufant but me? The guy has the coverage skills of Taylor Mays.
trufant can cover better then mays. I live out here in washington went to alot of UW games, i think he is way over hyped, and i dont like his size, but he is def a a better cover player then mays
Old 01-25-2013, 01:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
trufant can cover better then mays. I live out here in washington went to alot of UW games, i think he is way over hyped, and i dont like his size, but he is def a a better cover player then mays
I spend a lot of times out there as well (my mom lives in Tacoma).

I was not referring to his coverage skills when he uses them.... I would hope a CB could cover better than a SS... I was referring to his tendency to go for the knock out blow/highlight reel play and forget to wrap up and tackle or play the ball.

Last edited by Lawless_1; 01-25-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:12 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 932

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
If Shawn Williams is in the 5th round, or even the 4th, Bengals need to draft him. Trade up if you must.

Also, I like this mock. I'm torn on drafting a WR early because I truly like Sanu. And I think Hawkins should come back. But either way. like the mock
I dont know about that. He hasnt looked that good to me at the senior bowl. Rambo imo is going to be a stud in the nfl. would much rather have him. Out of the bulldogs, I would love rambo, ogletree, and king. I think all will be good.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1294

I like this mock. I'm definitely on the Patterson Bandwagon. I think we'll really fall in love at the combine.

The Collins pick in the third is one I like as well. Good work.

I would try to find a S in 2 that is better, I don't see Williams being any better than Iloka.

Final Mock 2012

1. Mark Barron - S
1. Courtney Upshaw - DE/OLB
2. Amini Silatolu - OG
3. Mohammed Sanu - WR
4. Ryan Steed - CB
5. Marcus Forston - DT
5. Tom Compton - OT
5. Ernest Owusu - DE
6. Michael Smith - RB
Old 01-25-2013, 06:41 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrockj View Post
I would try to find a S in 2 that is better, I don't see Williams being any better than Iloka.
He doesn't need to be..... Landry would be the starter.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
He doesn't need to be..... Landry would be the starter.
You need someone for the future! And Landry will be on a short deal,so yeah you need to draft a future starter or starter from day 1 if they don't sign a FA Safety
Old 01-25-2013, 07:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10177

I'm still not on board the WR early, let alone in the 1st. I just can't see it. I could see one late who could burn and return, but that's about it.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:49 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
4. Foketi isn't "raw". He started 13 games for KSU in 2010 and only ended up at West Texas A&M because he graduated early, wanted to play another year of football and KSU would not grant his scholarship release. I put it in the CONS section because he is the 18th rated T by nfldraftscout and with that current rating, he will not make it out of the 4th round. But, boy, if he did.
CBS rated him 18th as well. 201 overall. Our 6th round pick is in that range.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:53 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
The big problem with Trufant from what I read is that he needs to work on his technique which can be fixed.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 106

Quote:
I'm just going to assume you haven't watched any of the 1 on 1 drills during the Senior Bowl practices.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 496

Quote:
Your joking right.lol
Old 01-26-2013, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
You obviously had your eyes closed then.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:58 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I'm just going to assume you haven't watched any of the 1 on 1 drills during the Senior Bowl practices.
Nope.

I watched him in games that mattered...

and he pretty much always looked like this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeDr37wVkQc

aaaaaaannnddd this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpttD5YSx64

Old 01-26-2013, 02:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3786

Quote:
Nope.

I watched him in games that mattered...

and he pretty much always looked like this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeDr37wVkQc

aaaaaaannnddd this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpttD5YSx64
I didnt get to see Trufant during the season, but the Bowl game against Boise State (your first link) he played a very good game.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post
I didnt get to see Trufant during the season, but the Bowl game against Boise State (your first link) he played a very good game.
Sure ... if you want a 1 trick pony corner that can't tackle ala' Asante Samuel then by all means draft Trufant. I'm sure he would play great in our zone defense..........