Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381
Default Re: Hint that there moving Burfict to MLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I honestly think there's a very good chance we'll take Te'o in the draft. We'll likely have a shot to take him, and I can't see Marvin passing. Talk of moving Burfict to MLB could be a smoke screen.
Te'o over Ogletree? Sorry, just can't see it happening. Marvin loves him some Georgia Bulldogs.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34634

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBengal9 View Post
Te'o over Ogletree? Sorry, just can't see it happening. Marvin loves him some Georgia Bulldogs.
...and Mike Brown loves a good redemption story.

Honestly, it all depends on who they have ranked higher.

I could see them taking either one, but most scouts have Te'o ranked a little higher.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3654

Teo will be long gone before the Bengals get a pick....
Old 01-26-2013, 07:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3854

Quote:
Originally Posted by sled21 View Post
Thank you

Old 01-26-2013, 07:14 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73848

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBengal9 View Post
Neither are better than Arthur Brown and Khaseem Green would be at WILL with Burfict at MIKE
Old 01-26-2013, 07:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3854

But I think on our LB position you trust the draft and make a LB you draft a starter. YOu sign 1 good FA LB who can start just in case a rookie we pick is TOTAL trash. Maybe even sign 2 FA LBs who can start. BUt at this point I want to see a young gun take over that position. This position in the AFCN is very important and with PITT and BAL guys getting old, maybe one day we have the best linebackers in the division.

But also i wouldnt hate if we signed 2 30 year old backers who end up starting and playing decent.

Just like we did with our WRs this year, hand these young backers the keys to the car and see who drives

Old 01-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595
Default Re: lets figure out out LB positions....

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm really excited about Dontay Moch for this upcoming season. People have written him off because of his migraine issues, but I have to believe that something is going to get figured out. He obviously was able to excel in college.

It's not as if he hasn't shown potential. He was very good last preseason. He has all the athletic ability. Fast, physical, can rush he passer, and I remember seeing highlights of him in college covering WRs 30 and 40 yards downfield.

Would love to see Moch win the job, with Maybin also showing potential. We would instantly upgrade the speed and physicality of the position. Then we'd have Burfict at MIKE and Howard/Lamur at WILL.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25926
bengals Re: lets figure out out LB positions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcat454545 View Post
A few questions, is Tez our starting mlb next year?
if Teo drops to us do we take him and keep Tez outside? Teo is 6'2" 250lbs and runs a projected 4.58 (the fastest top 10 linebacker)
Im seeing more and more sites saying Montgomery and John Simon is OLB's. Being a Buckeye fan I love Simon but feel he may have reached his potential, I love his leadership and try hard attitude, if he falls to rd 2-3 would you take him? shockingly he is only 6'1" 256lbs ( i thought he was bigger then that). We need athletic, fast LB's that fly around. Give me your opinions on what you would like to see.
Yes to Burfict in the middle. No to Teo. One of the biggest Bucks fans there is and no to John Simon,
Old 01-26-2013, 08:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm really excited about Dontay Moch for this upcoming season. People have written him off because of his migraine issues, but I have to believe that something is going to get figured out. He obviously was able to excel in college.

It's not as if he hasn't shown potential. He was very good last preseason. He has all the athletic ability. Fast, physical, can rush he passer, and I remember seeing highlights of him in college covering WRs 30 and 40 yards downfield.

Would love to see Moch win the job, with Maybin also showing potential. We would instantly upgrade the speed and physicality of the position. Then we'd have Burfict at MIKE and Howard/Lamur at WILL.
Hasn't he added weight and moved to DE?

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 01-26-2013, 08:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
...and Mike Brown loves a good redemption story.

Honestly, it all depends on who they have ranked higher.

I could see them taking either one, but most scouts have Te'o ranked a little higher.
Good thing Mikey has been (as far as we know) staying away from the draft room. And I just don't think fake gf has the same redemption story as college bad boy that gets a 2nd shot later in the draft than he was supposed to go.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
No. He may have added weight. I seem to remember a tweet saying that he got up to 270 lbs during his suspension. But once he returned from his suspension, Marvin sid he was working exclusively with the LBs. Wasn't playing DE at all.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9021

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Yes. He's 270.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
No. He may have added weight. I seem to remember a tweet saying that he got up to 270 lbs during his suspension. But once he returned from his suspension, Marvin sid he was working exclusively with the LBs. Wasn't playing DE at all.
Bengals.com had a story about him bulking up to 270 purposely to play DE:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...1-f4f4a7f12588

The Much LB talk is a fantasy.

Last edited by THE PISTONS; 01-26-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 49989

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Yes to Burfict in the middle. No to Teo. One of the biggest Bucks fans there is and no to John Simon,

Agree on both of your opinions. T'eo needs a year as an understudy, Simon will not be a good fit on the Bengals defense. Simon will make a good 3-4 OLB, but no role for his body and skill set on the current Bengals defense.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Bengals.com had a story about him bulking up to 270 purposely to play DE.
No, they didn't.

Basically while he was on suspension he was working out on his own at Ignition. He sent out some tweet about how he was up to 270 LBs. That was all.

Once he returned from his suspension, one of he reporters asked Marvin about the teams plans for him- if they planned to use him at DE or LB. Marvin said he would was working exclusively at LB.

Not sure where's you got your info from, but is was purely speculation based on someone's imagination and assumptions.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:26 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
No, they didn't.

Basically while he was on suspension he was working out on his own at Ignition. He sent out some tweet about how he was up to 270 LBs. That was all.

Once he returned from his suspension, one of he reporters asked Marvin about the teams plans for him- if they planned to use him at DE or LB. Marvin said he would was working exclusively at LB.

Not sure where's you got your info from, but is was purely speculation based on someone's imagination and assumptions.

Here's the story...he is a DE.

In his first week back since a month-long NFL suspension for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances, Moch is putting a more defined slash between defensive end and SAM backer. A total of 12 pounds.

That's how much weight Moch put on while he served his suspension in the gyms of Clif Marshall (Ignition Sports) and Jim Riggs (Power3) in suburban Cincinnati. The 6-2 Moch, drafted as a 258-pound backer in the third round in 2011, says he's now at 270 pounds.

"I wanted to get more explosive at D-end," Moch said. "But I also did it maintaining my speed and I think I did that."

Last edited by THE PISTONS; 01-26-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Banned

bengals Re: lets figure out out LB positions....

Quote:
Bengals.com had a story about him bulking up to 270 purposely to play DE:

The Much LB talk is a fantasy.
Like I said before, this is wrong. Moch may have bulked while on suspension to play DE, but on he he returned from his suspension, Marvin said he was working out and practicing exclusively with the LBs.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Like I said before, this is wrong. Moch may have bulked while on suspension to play DE, but on he he returned from his suspension, Marvin said he was working out and practicing exclusively with the LBs.
The quote is fro Moch and Hobson wrote it. Its not like it's some blog:

In his first week back since a month-long NFL suspension for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances, Moch is putting a more defined slash between defensive end and SAM backer. A total of 12 pounds.

"I wanted to get more explosive at D-end," Moch said. "But I also did it maintaining my speed and I think I did that."
Old 01-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Re- read the story. Nowhere does Marvin Lewis or he coaching staff say anything about him playing DE. That was Moch on his own with a little Hobson speculation sprinkled in.

You guys need to be a little more discerning before jumping to conclusions. For the last time, AFTER this article was posted on bengals.com, Marvin addressed the situation in a news conference and said Moch was practicing with the LBs.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Re- read the story. Nowhere does Marvin Lewis or he coaching staff say anything about him playing DE. That was Moch on his own with a little Hobson speculation sprinkled in.

You guys need to be a little more discerning before jumping to conclusions. For the last time, AFTER this article was posted on bengals.com, Marvin addressed the situation in a news conference and said Moch was practicing with the LBs.
Lol...yeah an article on Bengals.com about a guy bulking up to 270 is jumping to conclusions.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
The quote is fro Moch and Hobson wrote it. Its not like it's some blog:

And AFTER that article and those quotes (none of which is from anyone in a decision-making position) he went on to work exclusively at LB...
Old 01-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lol...yeah an article on Bengals.com about a guy bulking up to 270 is jumping to conclusions.
Yeah, I might have jumped to the same conclusion if I totally ignored Marvin Lewis flat-out telling the media that Moch was practicing only at LB. That pretty much ends any speculation.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9354

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk but you have to lead the boards with the most one line posts.
Quit being a jerk.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15055

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post

You mention Burfict as having no previous experience and Maybin has done nothing in four years. Burfict was given an opportunity to play with a very talented line and secondary. He was also coached up by Zimmer. Maybin was plugged in to play 3-4 rush end for both the Bills and Jets. I would argue that a six sack season a season ago for the Jets with four forced fumbles as a situational pass rusher is not "nothing", but my argument is maybe this is a better fit for him. He's only 24, and came out as a red shirt sophomore. So he wasn't great for the bills or jets....fine. That doesn't mean he may not improve under Zimmer and provide some excellent outside speed to rush the passer on situational downs.

I think the move was a smart one and can only generate positives. If he doesn't perform, he will be released and cost the team very little money. But if he can contribute as a pass rusher (something our current crop of LBs struggles with) then the team improves.
Exactly!!! Yeah, Maybin may not have had a stellar career to this point, but like you said, in 2011 it seemed like he was used properly in a limited role did pretty well. I'm thinking Zimmer get him to produce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sled21 View Post
I sure hope he is. I want nothing to do with him. I watched several ND games and was not impressed with him at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Would love to see Burfict in the middle and Teo on another team.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 01-26-2013, 11:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:
That's good. We certainly need more help at LB than DE. With his speed, he should be a LB.

singersongwriterrocknroll