Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Five different running backs have gone to the Pro Bowl while playing under Anderson and that does not include Icky Woods or Cedric Benson.

Under Anderson the Bengals won NFL rushing titles in 1988 and ’89, and won the AFC rushing crown in ’86. From 1986-90, the Bengals finished 2-4-1-1-5 in league rushing.
that was EONS ago he hasn't done sheot since.He's been here so long he's complacent and stale just like anybody would be over that amount of time. He should be replaced.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,359
Rep Points: 19900
bengals Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
The good ones move up. They don't normally stay position coaches for a lifetime.

All I EVER said was Dillon, JB and Ickey, the three backs who were named as evidence of JA's coaching ability, did not need much coaching up. I don't believe those thrww prove anything about him as a coach. Some guys, you just wind them up and let them play. How is that so hard to understand?

The rest of it is you jumping to conclusions or wanting to pick a fight for whatever it is you're doing.
Many move up and are not successful. That does not make them less at their previous position. Sort of like that DC in Pittsburgh. Maybe Anderson has no interest in moving up. There are many people who are very happy with what they are doing. Maybe his passion is coaching RBs. Could very easily be nothing more than that.

Anything beyond that is jumping to conclusions.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 44,163
Rep Points: 46779
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
that was EONS ago he hasn't done sheot since.He's been here so long he's complacent and stale just like anybody would be over that amount of time. He should be replaced.
In the last 10 years he has.....

Coached two 4th round picks up to Pro Bowl level

Taken a free agent off the street and coached him up to three consecutive 1000 yard seasons.

Taken a college WR and coached him up to the point that he lead the team in rushing and gained over 1000 yards from scrimmage one year.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
In the last 10 years he has.....

Coached two 4th round picks up to Pro Bowl level

Taken a free agent off the street and coached him up to three consecutive 1000 yard seasons.

Taken a college WR and coached him up to the point that he lead the team in rushing and gained over 1000 yards from scrimmage one year.
If RUDI was as good as you said he was he didn't need coached up.

Benson always had the TALENT it was his off field problems and attitude that was holding him back, Anderson had nothing to do with Benson's maturing.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 01-26-2013, 06:46 AM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,359
Rep Points: 19900
bengals Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
If RUDI was as good as you said he was he didn't need coached up.

Benson always had the TALENT it was his off field problems and attitude that was holding him back, Anderson had nothing to do with Benson's maturing.
You have no idea one way or another if Anderson had anything to do with Benson maturing. Sorry.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:18 AM
shaolinghost shaolinghost is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,572
Rep Points: 4645
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
So are coaches are WORSE now that we have gone to the playoffs three times in four years.

How can I argue with logic like that.
2005: borderline epic passing offense and a take-away machine on defense. I'll give PA some credit for the line, but almost any RB would have looked good on that offense.

2009: Used an extra lineman to block almost the entire time. Carson was the main reason for the playoff berth due to the 4th quarter comebacks. Top10 defense played a huge part in our division sweep as well.

2011: AJ Green, Rookie Andy Dalton, and a new OC. The team was totally unpredictable since other NFL teams had no pro tape on any of these guys. Also, don't forget about the top10 defense.

2012: Green is an animal. The Steelers were torn up to hell. Dalton found the endzone a lot more, and once again, another top10 defense.

Kevin Coyle, DB coach(MiamiDC): 11 seasons as Bengals DB coach
Mark Carrier, DB coach: 1 season
Jay Hayes, DL coach, 10 seasons
Hue Jackson, WR/ST/ assistant DB coach: 4 total seasons with Bengals
Darrin Simmons, ST coach: 10 seasons
James Urban, WR coach: 2 seasons

I have no problem with any of these position coaches. In fact, I'd say they're a big reason why we made the playoffs in back to back seasons.

PA and JA however, have looked bad more than they've looked good. So logically, they're not good at their job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
You have no idea one way or another if Anderson had anything to do with Benson maturing. Sorry.
You have no idea one way or the other that Anderson had anything to do with Benson's performance, or Rudi Johnson, or Corey Dillon. This whole thread is nothing more than opinions being stated based upon the facts we have.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:55 AM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,089
Rep Points: 17935
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
If RUDI was as good as you said he was he didn't need coached up.

Benson always had the TALENT it was his off field problems and attitude that was holding him back, Anderson had nothing to do with Benson's maturing.
Who is the other 4th rounder?

Benson was a 1st round pick.

Who is this college WR who led the team in rushing?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:31 AM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 44,163
Rep Points: 46779
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
If RUDI was as good as you said he was he didn't need coached up.
WTF are you talking about. I have made it very clear that i think even good players need coaching. That is why I pointed out that even good players fail in the NFL without good coaching.

You are not even thinking about what you are writing now. You are just trying to stir up an argument.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:32 AM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 44,163
Rep Points: 46779
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Who is the other 4th rounder?

Benson was a 1st round pick.

Who is this college WR who led the team in rushing?
Lorenzo Neal was a 4th rounder who went to his first Pro Bowl under Anderson.

Kenny Watson was a WR in college.

Last edited by fredtoast; 01-26-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:38 AM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,089
Rep Points: 17935
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Lorenzo Neal was a 4th rounder who went to his first Pro Bowl under Anderson.

Kenny Watson was a WR in college.

You are welcome for the lesson.
Thank you. Not sure your last line was really necessary.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:41 AM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 44,163
Rep Points: 46779
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Thank you. Not sure your last line was really necessary.
Sorry. I was lumping you in with Pulses and some of the other more illogical posters in this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:50 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
You have no idea one way or another if Anderson had anything to do with Benson maturing. Sorry.
Benson had already matured a little and showed some change otherwise the bengals would have never signed him to begin with. To assume Anderson had any role in that is crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 44,163
Rep Points: 46779
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Benson had already matured a little and showed some change otherwise the bengals would have never signed him to begin with. To assume Anderson had any role in that is crazy.
You mean just like Odell Thurman and Chris Henry had already matured or else the Bengals never would have drafted them?

Your logic is absurd.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:13 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Sorry. I was lumping you in with Pulses and some of the other more illogical posters in this thread.
Not illogical at all, Anderson is just not that good PERIOD.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:16 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
You mean just like Odell Thurman and Chris Henry had already matured or else the Bengals never would have drafted them?

Your logic is absurd.
Your talking about college kids and a guy who had already been in the league a few years and was cut and had time to grow up a little bit, their is a bit of a difference there. I wouldn't expect you to understand that tho.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:52 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 44,163
Rep Points: 46779
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Your talking about college kids and a guy who had already been in the league a few years and was cut and had time to grow up a little bit, their is a bit of a difference there. I wouldn't expect you to understand that tho.
And you can not tell how bad your logic fails.

Odell and Henry NEVER matured even after they had been in the league for some time.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:56 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 44,163
Rep Points: 46779
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Not illogical at all, Anderson is just not that good PERIOD.
And you are just wrong.

In just the last 10m years Anderson turned two fourth round picks into Pro Bowlers.

And a street free agents into a guy with 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons.

And a college WR into a guy who lead the team in rushing and gained over 1000 yards from scrimmage.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 01-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,485
Rep Points: 6283
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Lorenzo Neal was a 4th rounder who went to his first Pro Bowl under Anderson.

Kenny Watson was a WR in college.
I don't think anybody could look themselves in the mirror and say that Anderson had much to do with Lorenzo Neal's success. The guy was a premier FB long before he ever came to the Bengals. He paved the way for Eddie George in Tennessee.

Watson was a running back at Penn State. Sure, he played a little WR, but his senior season he was a RB along with Choo Choo McCoo.

I think Anderson has done a pretty good job getting talent to play at a high level here. Anyone who uses the "so and so was already very talented, coaching had nothing to do with it line" has no concrete logic to back up their argument. There are tons of guys that come into the league that are outstanding talents that never live up to their potential. Coaching has a major part in a player's development. If you don't think that, you are fooling yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
And you can not tell how bad your logic fails.

Odell and Henry NEVER matured even after they had been in the league for some time.
Anderson is a RB's coach and had ZERO to do with them anyways so your point is moot.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 01-26-2013, 06:29 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I don't think anybody could look themselves in the mirror and say that Anderson had much to do with Lorenzo Neal's success. The guy was a premier FB long before he ever came to the Bengals. He paved the way for Eddie George in Tennessee.

Watson was a running back at Penn State. Sure, he played a little WR, but his senior season he was a RB along with Choo Choo McCoo.

I think Anderson has done a pretty good job getting talent to play at a high level here. Anyone who uses the "so and so was already very talented, coaching had nothing to do with it line" has no concrete logic to back up their argument. There are tons of guys that come into the league that are outstanding talents that never live up to their potential. Coaching has a major part in a player's development. If you don't think that, you are fooling yourself.
I'm not saying they don't. I just feel like Anderson is not that good and has had plenty of time here, time to move on and get someone else in here.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,359
Rep Points: 19900
bengals Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Benson had already matured a little and showed some change otherwise the bengals would have never signed him to begin with. To assume Anderson had any role in that is crazy.
You have no idea if he had matured as he was sitting at home on the couch. Straw grasping.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,359
Rep Points: 19900
bengals Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Not illogical at all, Anderson is just not that good PERIOD.
Your opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:37 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Jim Anderson is a complete moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
You have no idea if he had matured as he was sitting at home on the couch. Straw grasping.
So much for straw grasping huh??


http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...son/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 01-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Trademark's Avatar
Trademark Trademark is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 2,579
Rep Points: 2040
Default Bengals looking for a complement to BenJarvus Green-Ellis

sorry if this has already been posted.......

“If you have a guy that can’t do some of the things that he can do, and you really need a guy that can carry it a lot in this division, then you can’t do what you do on offense,” Anderson said, via the team’s website. “You’d like the (other back) to emulate him in some way. Maybe the guy is like the other guy, but brings a few different things to the table. But sometimes you can’t have your cake and eat it, too.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-green-ellis/
__________________
JESUS Saves !!!!



$70 PER REFERRAL ---> ONE TIME $7.94 + A computer!!!
http://www.60.instantrewards.net/index.php?ref=456329

Credit to a user named "Oldsie" of caws.ws
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 01-27-2013, 02:32 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,251
Rep Points: 73156
Default Re: Bengals looking for a complement to BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Ellington or Franklin are going to be Bengals, and I'm 90% confident in that
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.