Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-26-2013, 05:25 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 94
Default My 2013 mock!

I will give an attempt at my early mock before FA and another after FA so here goes!

1) Alec Ogletree-LB 6'3 234 (Georgia)-- gives us a solid playmaker into the LB core

2) Matt Elam- SS 5'10 202 (Florida)-- solid tackler helps solidify a sorely needed presence in the secondary.

2b) Oday Aboushi- OT 6'5 310 (Virginia)- best suited for RT but athletic enough for LT, gives us solid Tackle depth if Andre Smith leaves.

3) Joseph Randle-RB 6'0 200 (Oklahoma St)- good 3rd down speed back to pair with Green-Ellis, runs a 4.5 and has good hands out of the backfield.

4) Kenny Stills- WR 6'0 190 (Oklahoma) runs 4.5, nice burner on the outside to team with AJ and provide depth.

5) Sio Moore-LB 6'1 240 (Connecticut) runs 4.6 nice sideline to sideline guy would probably be best suited for WILL

6) Terry Hawthorne-CB 6'0 195 (Illinois)- has the size and speed 4.5 to play at the next level would add some solid youth to the depth chart.

7) Matt Scott-QB 6'2 202 (Arizona) mobile QB has good arm strength, best suited for the West coast offense.

just my thoughts! before FA of course...fire away!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:45 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632
Default Re: My 2013 mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
I will give an attempt at my early mock before FA and another after FA so here goes!

1) Alec Ogletree-LB 6'3 234 (Georgia)-- gives us a solid playmaker into the LB core

2) Matt Elam- SS 5'10 202 (Florida)-- solid tackler helps solidify a sorely needed presence in the secondary.

2b) Oday Aboushi- OT 6'5 310 (Virginia)- best suited for RT but athletic enough for LT, gives us solid Tackle depth if Andre Smith leaves.

3) Joseph Randle-RB 6'0 200 (Oklahoma St)- good 3rd down speed back to pair with Green-Ellis, runs a 4.5 and has good hands out of the backfield.

4) Kenny Stills- WR 6'0 190 (Oklahoma) runs 4.5, nice burner on the outside to team with AJ and provide depth.

5) Sio Moore-LB 6'1 240 (Connecticut) runs 4.6 nice sideline to sideline guy would probably be best suited for WILL

6) Terry Hawthorne-CB 6'0 195 (Illinois)- has the size and speed 4.5 to play at the next level would add some solid youth to the depth chart.

7) Matt Scott-QB 6'2 202 (Arizona) mobile QB has good arm strength, best suited for the West coast offense.

I like Ogletree and Elam the rest needs some work.

Scott is a 5th round grade. If we're drafting WR in the 4th I'd go with Harper(better size and speed).

No need to draft an OT that high unless Andre is gone. Travis Frederick there makes more sense.

Not a fan of Moore and Hawthorne.

I could live with Randle but not my 1st choice.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

I agree with pulses, no need for a tackle unless Smith isn't with us next year.

Not a huge fan of Stills, but could live with it.

This is the first mock i've seen with Hawthone beyond the 4th round, so not sure if he'll make it to the 6th.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 01-26-2013, 11:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2610

With the other guys on the OT pick so early being unnecessary. However, I actually really like Randle and he is probably my 3rd best RB overall behind Lacy and Bernard so getting him in the 3rd is solid value. Sio Moore has really looked good the last two weeks in all star games and is definately a guy I'm going to watch some more from his games this past season. Seems like a good spot for him in the 5th. Replace Aboushi with a guy like Jordan Poyer or Trufant or possibly even Robert Alford and the overall draft would look better.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
With the other guys on the OT pick so early being unnecessary. However, I actually really like Randle and he is probably my 3rd best RB overall behind Lacy and Bernard so getting him in the 3rd is solid value. Sio Moore has really looked good the last two weeks in all star games and is definately a guy I'm going to watch some more from his games this past season. Seems like a good spot for him in the 5th. Replace Aboushi with a guy like Jordan Poyer or Trufant or possibly even Robert Alford and the overall draft would look better.
Can you get Poyer all the way down in the 5th? If so, I'm running to the podium for that pisck.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 01-26-2013, 11:17 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Can you get Poyer all the way down in the 5th? If so, I'm running to the podium for that pisck.
you and all the other nfl teams lol
Old 01-26-2013, 11:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2610

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
I'm saying change the OT pick for Poyer in the 2nd round.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:25 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I'd rather have Alford.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:43 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:
Okay. My bad.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 01-28-2013, 11:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3349

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post

Never really understood why people make mocks saying "Well, draft player X in case Player Y leaves via FA". FA would have happened by the time the draft rolls around, so you should make your mock with the assumption whether you think that player will stay or leave in FA.

Like others have said, too early for a backup OT if Smith stays.

We have two sixth round picks and no seventh.

Our WILL position, at this point in time, looks to be our strongest position of all the LB spots. Burfict is currently there, but could move to MIKE. If Burfict moved, Lamur would be our starting WILL, which is still better than what we currently have at SAM. I would predict that if any of our LBs are re-signed, it would be Howard. He was our best LB in 2011. I could see Burfict to MIKE, Howard back at WILL with Lamur behind him, and an open SAM spot. Currently, looks to be Maybin taking that spot, but I think he will only be used in certain packages, and the Bengals will go for someone like Porter, Collins, or Hodges to compete for that spot. Should be an interesting TC battle between Maybin, Joiner, and Moch, as I only see one of them sticking on the roster since they all have a similar skill set.

Randle in the third could be good, as he looks to be a good complement to BJGE. I think there are slightly better options than him, but no one can know that for sure at this point.

Last edited by OchoCincos; 01-28-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 524

Aboushi needs to move inside and probably will at the next level.