Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 PM
pdub2005's Avatar
pdub2005 pdub2005 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,153
Rep Points: 3235
Default Eddie Lacey anyone?

I know bama has a great offensive line, but I'd like the FO to take a good look at this guy.
__________________
"It's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."
-Homer Simpson

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,462
Rep Points: 5082
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub2005 View Post
I know bama has a great offensive line, but I'd like the FO to take a good look at this guy.
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Bengalsman1983 Bengalsman1983 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Huber Heights, OH
Posts: 588
Rep Points: 540
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub2005 View Post
I know bama has a great offensive line, but I'd like the FO to take a good look at this guy.
Are you implying that the FO is not going to look at one of the best RB in the draft?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-25-2013, 12:21 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,529
Rep Points: 20784
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman1983 View Post
Are you implying that the FO is not going to look at one of the best RB in the draft?
I'm sure they'll take a very long look at him and if Marvin believes he's a franchise back and he's there at 21, he'll be a Bengal.
__________________
www.musicsite.biz/leftyohio

singersongwriterrocknroll
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-25-2013, 12:27 PM
p_dub17's Avatar
p_dub17 p_dub17 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 285
Rep Points: 264
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

He'd be a great back for us for years and years to come. It be awesome if he was there at 37 but I think we'll have to use our 1st rounder to get him.
__________________

TWO WORDS... SHARK WEEK.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:26 PM
pdub2005's Avatar
pdub2005 pdub2005 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,153
Rep Points: 3235
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman1983 View Post
Are you implying that the FO is not going to look at one of the best RB in the draft?
If you've read a lot of scouting reports, some people think Lacey might be a product of that ridiculous Bama line, along with the fact that Bama always has a stout running game. And by take a look, I mean with our Raider's second rounder.
__________________
"It's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."
-Homer Simpson

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:56 PM
TGISunday's Avatar
TGISunday TGISunday is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,581
Rep Points: 3955
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_dub17 View Post
He'd be a great back for us for years and years to come. It be awesome if he was there at 37 but I think we'll have to use our 1st rounder to get him.
Doubt he's gone by then.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Bengal4ever68's Avatar
Bengal4ever68 Bengal4ever68 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,401
Rep Points: 1225
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub2005 View Post
I know bama has a great offensive line, but I'd like the FO to take a good look at this guy.

He's alright, but i'm not sure he's the guy this offense needs...I'd much rather see us sign Reggie Bush, & draft Burkhead in the 5th.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:28 PM
09itsourtime's Avatar
09itsourtime 09itsourtime is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,490
Rep Points: 1325
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

I like lacy but think hes over rated. I wouldnt mind spending a 2b on him and would like the pick but the 21st pick NO. and depending on how the draft falls 2A may be too early for him.
__________________
Stay Classy Cleveland, Stay Classy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:29 PM
09itsourtime's Avatar
09itsourtime 09itsourtime is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,490
Rep Points: 1325
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
I'm sure they'll take a very long look at him and if Marvin believes he's a franchise back and he's there at 21, he'll be a Bengal.
I sure hope not at 21.
__________________
Stay Classy Cleveland, Stay Classy
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Stewee28's Avatar
Stewee28 Stewee28 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cincy Burbs, Ohio
Posts: 697
Rep Points: 1025
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

If the Bengals pull the trigger on this kid, and I really hope they do, they will HAVE to take him at 2A (#37). He wont be there at 2B, mainly because of the Steelers. I have seen a ton of mocks with Lacy going to the Steelers between our two 2nd round picks. If they Bengals dont pick him at 37, he will be going to a divisional rival and we will end up seeing him twice a year!!! And thats the last thing we want. Lacy is going to be a great back at the next level. A workhorse that can carry Dalton when he is having a bad day.
__________________

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:36 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,529
Rep Points: 20784
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09itsourtime View Post
I sure hope not at 21.
He might be there at 37 but maybe not. At least the next pick isn't a whole round later. One of those playoff teams behind us could take him in the 1st. RB's just seem hard to slot. Guys go in the first when they're not projected to.

Plus, so may different people like so many different runners the best, it just makes my head spin.

I do think what Marvin wants is a dynamic do it all back.
__________________
www.musicsite.biz/leftyohio

singersongwriterrocknroll
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:47 PM
09itsourtime's Avatar
09itsourtime 09itsourtime is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,490
Rep Points: 1325
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
He might be there at 37 but maybe not. At least the next pick isn't a whole round later. One of those playoff teams behind us could take him in the 1st. RB's just seem hard to slot. Guys go in the first when they're not projected to.

Plus, so may different people like so many different runners the best, it just makes my head spin.

I do think what Marvin wants is a dynamic do it all back.
I agree with everything you said. But if we have to spend a 21st pick on him to get him when its decently likely he will be there in 2A is just overkill. Especially with a deep RB class.

If somebody takes him before our 2A then so be it, i think we can get much better value at 21.
__________________
Stay Classy Cleveland, Stay Classy
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Speedy Thomas 17 Speedy Thomas 17 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 746
Rep Points: 963
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

I would love him at 2A.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-25-2013, 08:33 PM
BengaliJack's Avatar
BengaliJack BengaliJack is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,024
Rep Points: 6494
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Thomas 17 View Post
I would love him at 2A.
Me too but I think he will be long gone.
__________________


COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,760
Rep Points: 4351
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

No thanks. I am not really interested in the kid to be in stripes. Sure the Bengals should do due diligence and scout him, but I wouldn't cry any if we pass on him all together. I like Christine Michael, Knile Davis even Joseph Randle. I would even be happier to take Lattimore.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:45 AM
pdub2005's Avatar
pdub2005 pdub2005 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,153
Rep Points: 3235
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
No thanks. I am not really interested in the kid to be in stripes. Sure the Bengals should do due diligence and scout him, but I wouldn't cry any if we pass on him all together. I like Christine Michael, Knile Davis even Joseph Randle. I would even be happier to take Lattimore.
I love Lattimore, if he was 100% healthy, I think he'd be a lock as a top 10 to top 5 pick and probably the most talented player in the draft. But as it stands, the man has had MULTIPLE knee injuries. The Willis McGahee comparison is irrevelant. McGahee had a horrific injury at the end of his college career, ONE horrific injury. Lattimore has had TWO horrific injuries in TWO consecutive years. Unless this guy has a lot of Chad Pennington and AP's DNA, then chances are his injury is either going to repetitive (ala Greg Oden) or hamper his amazing burst. We'll see though, but once is an accident, twice is a pattern.
__________________
"It's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."
-Homer Simpson

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 48,207
Rep Points: 52885
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Lacy is one of the biggest wildcards in the draft. he could move up or down the board more than any other player based on his forty time at the combine. I know it shouldn't work like that, but it will.

In fact I look for Lacy to cut weight before the combine just to get a faster forty time.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:14 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,529
Rep Points: 20784
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Lacy is one of the biggest wildcards in the draft. he could move up or down the board more than any other player based on his forty time at the combine. I know it shouldn't work like that, but it will.

In fact I look for Lacy to cut weight before the combine just to get a faster forty time.
I think he fits what Marvin likes. I have no info to verify this, but Marvin has always gone with the every down back scenario whenever possible.
__________________
www.musicsite.biz/leftyohio

singersongwriterrocknroll
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:59 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 48,207
Rep Points: 52885
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
I think he fits what Marvin likes. I have no info to verify this, but Marvin has always gone with the every down back scenario whenever possible.
I also like Lacy a lot. I'd just prefer to get him in the second round or later.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:12 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,529
Rep Points: 20784
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
I also like Lacy a lot. I'd just prefer to get him in the second round or later.
The combine will probably be a big tell for him.
__________________
www.musicsite.biz/leftyohio

singersongwriterrocknroll
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,760
Rep Points: 4351
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub2005 View Post
I love Lattimore, if he was 100% healthy, I think he'd be a lock as a top 10 to top 5 pick and probably the most talented player in the draft. But as it stands, the man has had MULTIPLE knee injuries. The Willis McGahee comparison is irrevelant. McGahee had a horrific injury at the end of his college career, ONE horrific injury. Lattimore has had TWO horrific injuries in TWO consecutive years. Unless this guy has a lot of Chad Pennington and AP's DNA, then chances are his injury is either going to repetitive (ala Greg Oden) or hamper his amazing burst. We'll see though, but once is an accident, twice is a pattern.
Well if it helps he has the doctor that AP used. AP also had some questions concerning his durability. I know Lattimore would be a risk, however if healthy then he would be the type of back that just takes over games. Like he did when he played in college. A runner like that will help Green out more than a number 2 WR will. Though a number 2 WR AND a RB that can take over on game day would make us terrifying.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-27-2013, 12:14 PM
pdub2005's Avatar
pdub2005 pdub2005 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,153
Rep Points: 3235
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
Well if it helps he has the doctor that AP used. AP also had some questions concerning his durability. I know Lattimore would be a risk, however if healthy then he would be the type of back that just takes over games. Like he did when he played in college. A runner like that will help Green out more than a number 2 WR will. Though a number 2 WR AND a RB that can take over on game day would make us terrifying.
Believe man, I am so tempted to have our team put all their eggs in the Lattimore basket. If healthy, he has transcedent talent.
__________________
"It's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."
-Homer Simpson

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,760
Rep Points: 4351
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub2005 View Post
Believe man, I am so tempted to have our team put all their eggs in the Lattimore basket. If healthy, he has transcendent talent.
I know, the injury history is scary. However there is a chance that he will be healthy to start this season. I don't know about 1st round, even 2nd round. However 3rd round, the temptation would be huge. 4th round near impossible. If he is there at 5 then you HAVE to take a chance.

Though he may not last that long. I am curious, if we had a crystal ball that would show us only that his injury will not be a factor, how everyone would feel about drafting him and when should we?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:15 PM
pdub2005's Avatar
pdub2005 pdub2005 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,153
Rep Points: 3235
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

I'd be tempted in the second. I think some team is going to take a flyer on him. McGahee missed his rookie year and the bills spent their 1st rounder on him.
__________________
"It's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."
-Homer Simpson

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.