Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Lolli's Avatar
Lolli Lolli is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CTC
Posts: 9,320
Rep Points: 12569
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm226 View Post
If we trade our 1st and both 2nds and move up to the top 10 we can prolly get DeAndre Hopkins. Then a couble of RB's and maybe a S in the 3rd on down. If this team does FA the way they should this draft can be about just a few skill positions.
If we traded 3 picks for Hopkins I would be way past ****** off.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Broken1's Avatar
Broken1 Broken1 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Wastelands
Posts: 9,789
Rep Points: 11464
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Do you honestly believe that Mays, Sands, or Miles have shown remotely close to the potential at their position that Sanu and Jonez haves shown at theirs? I mean honestly.
Based on my own opinion, no I do not believe that our safety position has more potential than our wide receiver corps. That speaks more to the state of the safety position than our young wide receivers though.

Between both of these prospects that everyone seems to be clamoring over they averaged about 35 yards a game for the season, had less than 90 yards after the catch, and two catches of over 20 yards.

And that is combined.

They have not shown enough to take the idea of a first round wide receiver off the table.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
We are all standing on loose dirt, biding our time until we are swallowed by Mother Earth

Last edited by Broken1; 01-27-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:21 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,358
Rep Points: 19899
bengals Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken1 View Post
Based on my own opinion, no I do not believe that our safety position has more potential than our wide receiver corps. That speaks more to the state of the safety position than our young wide receivers though.

Between both of these prospects that everyone seems to be clamoring over they averaged about 35 yards a game for the season, had less than 90 yards after the catch, and two catches of over 20 yards.

And that is combined.

They have not shown enough to take the idea f a first round wide receiver off the table.
While those numbers would seem alarming over 16 games played that is not the case. Would it not be better to put those numbers up against snaps played? Here again it goes back to rookie WRs in general not making a major impact.

Now in your research you showed only 1st RD receivers while trying to make a case for taking one. Now what about non 1st RD receivers and their impact in 2nd year and beyond. Let's face it the majority of receivers in the NFL are not first round selections which your earlier research proved.

I am not saying take one or don't take one but I do not believe it is something we have to do or we are doomed. As I have stated a more consistent running game will more than likely do more for this offense then selecting another WR will do.

Best player in the board at 21 is who I want and I do not care what position it is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Broken1's Avatar
Broken1 Broken1 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Wastelands
Posts: 9,789
Rep Points: 11464
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
While those numbers would seem alarming over 16 games played that is not the case. Would it not be better to put those numbers up against snaps played? Here again it goes back to rookie WRs in general not making a major impact.

Now in your research you showed only 1st RD receivers while trying to make a case for taking one. Now what about non 1st RD receivers and their impact in 2nd year and beyond. Let's face it the majority of receivers in the NFL are not first round selections which your earlier research proved.

I am not saying take one or don't take one but I do not believe it is something we have to do or we are doomed. As I have stated a more consistent running game will more than likely do more for this offense then selecting another WR will do.

Best player in the board at 21 is who I want and I do not care what position it is.
I didn't break them down individually by snaps because everyone seems to lump them together in their reasoning for not taking a wide receiver in the first. Well, combined they played in 15 games, and had more starts than many of the players I listed earlier. Combined their performance was far from fantastic. It was third and 5th round rookies too though, so that also has to be weighed.

I tend to agree with the best player on the board philosophy, but the problem is that the boards are going to be highly erratic this year with so many players being "similar". Unlike most people I am not a sounding board for an individual prospect, or an individual idea as to what the Bengals should do. There are a vast array of combinations that the Bengals could use and be effective with the drafting process.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
We are all standing on loose dirt, biding our time until we are swallowed by Mother Earth
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Bengals Fan For Life! Bengals Fan For Life! is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 207
Rep Points: 182
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow Bell Fever View Post
If this is the worst strategy ever then why didn't Atlanta draft or sign a top WR this past year when Julio Jones didn't dominate his rookie year?????

It's because coaches know what they are doing and a reason why your just a fan. You would of signed Mike Wallace cause you didn't want to let Julio develop huh??? It's obviously not the dumbest strategy ever.......

Just sayin.....
So draft a non-lock WR and hope they develop? (By non-lock I mean the Bengals aren't going to be able to draft a AJ, Julio, or Dez.). Yes we wait to see if Sanu or jones develop. You suggest drafting someone as if it is something other than waiting to see if someone develops. Draft is a crap shoot. There is no top flight lock WR in the draft. Therefore any WR drafted we will have to wait and see if they develop.

Goodwin out of Tx or D. Robinson out of MI in 5th are the only and soonest WR we should draft. Address other needs first.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:31 PM
BobJones4980's Avatar
BobJones4980 BobJones4980 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,391
Rep Points: 2066
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Not sure where you think you saw me disagree with this. I stated if Ansah is there at 21 he should be our pick and I like the dlinemen we have. I state this because if he is there at 21 he is best player availabe and there is not a WR projecting in that area that I think would be a better selection.

So say what you mean to say. If you do not like Ansah at 21 then say so but do not try to make something out of a statement that is not there.

I also think this offense would improve more by improving the run game then they would by adding yet another young WR.
I never said you disagreed with it just that you keep throwing out this argument about WR's not contributing there first year but there are multiple guys who do contribute every year, and the whole point of the question was to point out WR isn't the only positions thats a risk but basically every pick in the draft is.

As for Ansah Ive been a fan of his for a while and would love to have him at 21, with that said I never really wanted a WR in round 1 with the value of the guys at 2a and 2b this year with guys like Woods, Hunter and a few others. Title of the thread though was "Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick" so I assumed that meant 1-2 not just round 1.

Also as for the RB here we are again with the trend lately where people act like we only have 1 draft pick and 0 FA's, why cant we get a WR and a RB? We have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds and a ton of cap space.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:32 PM
crazymad crazymad is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 471
Rep Points: 151
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken1 View Post
Based on my own opinion, no I do not believe that our safety position has more potential than our wide receiver corps. That speaks more to the state of the safety position than our young wide receivers though.

Between both of these prospects that everyone seems to be clamoring over they averaged about 35 yards a game for the season, had less than 90 yards after the catch, and two catches of over 20 yards.

And that is combined.

They have not shown enough to take the idea of a first round wide receiver off the table.
thats pretty ignorant seeing that neither saw any time before week 7 or 8, and yes those 2 have shown way way more potential than mays miles sands or iloka. you need to lay off the madden video games and start actually watching the game, before sanu got hurt he opened the offense up and we were exciting. we did beat the defending world champs with sanu. bottom line a high round wr is a wasted pick
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:37 PM
BobJones4980's Avatar
BobJones4980 BobJones4980 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,391
Rep Points: 2066
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymad View Post
thats pretty ignorant seeing that neither saw any time before week 7 or 8, and yes those 2 have shown way way more potential than mays miles sands or iloka. you need to lay off the madden video games and start actually watching the game, before sanu got hurt he opened the offense up and we were exciting. we did beat the defending world champs with sanu. bottom line a high round wr is a wasted pick
Those guys who didnt make the playoffs right?

I agree if he counted the weeks where they seen 0 playing time it ruins the argument but Sanu was the only one that really impressed me, Jones on the other hand didnt do anything to mark WR off my off season needs.

SS group is terrible though, just about everyone has shown more potential than those guys. Honestly if we dont get a S this year with the depth in the draft and the abundance of Free Agents this year at the position then we just don't care about the position.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 PM
crazymad crazymad is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 471
Rep Points: 151
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
Those guys who didnt make the playoffs right?

I agree if he counted the weeks where they seen 0 playing time it ruins the argument but Sanu was the only one that really impressed me, Jones on the other hand didnt do anything to mark WR off my off season needs.

SS group is terrible though, just about everyone has shown more potential than those guys. Honestly if we dont get a S this year with the depth in the draft and the abundance of Free Agents this year at the position then we just don't care about the position.
those guys who didnt make the playoffs still are defending world champs til next week and have 2 super bowl titles in the last 4 years, wr is not an issue except the 5 and 6 spots on the roster, next year might be different but this year no way
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Broken1's Avatar
Broken1 Broken1 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Wastelands
Posts: 9,789
Rep Points: 11464
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymad View Post
thats pretty ignorant seeing that neither saw any time before week 7 or 8, and yes those 2 have shown way way more potential than mays miles sands or iloka. you need to lay off the madden video games and start actually watching the game, before sanu got hurt he opened the offense up and we were exciting. we did beat the defending world champs with sanu. bottom line a high round wr is a wasted pick
Message board bravado, gotta love it. Really, John Madden? I have brought statistical trends while you have brought conjecture.

If you took into account just the games where Sanu recorded some sort of production instead of every game that he was active for he still averaged 3 catches a game, 30 yards and never had more than 47 yards receiving in any game.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
We are all standing on loose dirt, biding our time until we are swallowed by Mother Earth
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:52 PM
BobJones4980's Avatar
BobJones4980 BobJones4980 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,391
Rep Points: 2066
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymad View Post
those guys who didnt make the playoffs still are defending world champs til next week and have 2 super bowl titles in the last 4 years, wr is not an issue except the 5 and 6 spots on the roster, next year might be different but this year no way
Difference of opinion here I suppose because for me its a need and theirs no doubt about it in my mind.

Sure Sanu was good but Jones didn't show me much. So we beat an average team when Sanu was around but that doesn't mean we don't need another WR. We have 1 great WR (AJ) and 1 good WR (Sanu) on this team and Hawkins who is a FA and also Tiny which leaves next to no room for error with Andy's throws. The rest of the guys are average to below average, why not upgrade average?

Besides AJ and Sanu we need a WR, a guy like Hunter at 2b would be perfect. AJ and Hunter outside while Sanu and Gresham work the middle, throw in a RB like Gio or Ellington and our offense is looking very good. spend the other picks and Free agency on SS, WLB, SLB, OC and we had a great off season.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 AM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,485
Rep Points: 6283
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Fan For Life! View Post
So draft a non-lock WR and hope they develop? (By non-lock I mean the Bengals aren't going to be able to draft a AJ, Julio, or Dez.). Yes we wait to see if Sanu or jones develop. You suggest drafting someone as if it is something other than waiting to see if someone develops. Draft is a crap shoot. There is no top flight lock WR in the draft. Therefore any WR drafted we will have to wait and see if they develop.

Goodwin out of Tx or D. Robinson out of MI in 5th are the only and soonest WR we should draft. Address other needs first.
You can't wait for a guy to develop when you have a playoff team and are trying to take the next step. You need to add guys that are difference makers.

What would be the harm in drafting a 1st round WR or 2nd round WR? It's not like we've really invested a lot in the group as a whole:

AJ - Top 5 pick
Sanu - 3rd rounder
Jones - 5th rounder
Hawkins - undrafted
Tate - free agent
Whalen - 6th rounder

Let's face it - this group could use some infusion of talent.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 AM
crazymad crazymad is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 471
Rep Points: 151
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
Difference of opinion here I suppose because for me its a need and theirs no doubt about it in my mind.

Sure Sanu was good but Jones didn't show me much. So we beat an average team when Sanu was around but that doesn't mean we don't need another WR. We have 1 great WR (AJ) and 1 good WR (Sanu) on this team and Hawkins who is a FA and also Tiny which leaves next to no room for error with Andy's throws. The rest of the guys are average to below average, why not upgrade average?

Besides AJ and Sanu we need a WR, a guy like Hunter at 2b would be perfect. AJ and Hunter outside while Sanu and Gresham work the middle, throw in a RB like Gio or Ellington and our offense is looking very good. spend the other picks and Free agency on SS, WLB, SLB, OC and we had a great off season.
you are pretty level headed and i respect that, but i think jones and sanu are exactly what we need opposite of AJ. jones is the outside speed threat(with good size) and sanu is the possession guy, hawk is the playmaker in space. hunter wont get to 2b he probably wont get to 2a. FA has done nothing but burn us and i prefer to lock up our young talent and keep drafting well look at pitt, they almost never dip into FA and this system has made them great over the long haul. you draft starters and use FA for depth we almost certainly need to go lb, s, rb, lb in that order and as most draft sites dictate lines up great for us, but i can also see theres no changing your mind either, lets just see how FA plays out
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 AM
crazymad crazymad is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 471
Rep Points: 151
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken1 View Post
Message board bravado, gotta love it. Really, John Madden? I have brought statistical trends while you have brought conjecture.

If you took into account just the games where Sanu recorded some sort of production instead of every game that he was active for he still averaged 3 catches a game, 30 yards and never had more than 47 yards receiving in any game.
call me old school, but i was never one for stats, you can argue stats back and forth all day long til your blue in the face, i prefer the eyeball test, and from what i saw when sanu was healthy he was open and actually caught the ball(sorry mr gresham) and we drove up and down the field. sure jones didnt look great but he never looked bad either. after a whole offseason of working together this wr corp is gonna be a whole nother animal next year
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Bengals Fan For Life! Bengals Fan For Life! is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 207
Rep Points: 182
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
You can't wait for a guy to develop when you have a playoff team and are trying to take the next step. You need to add guys that are difference makers.

What would be the harm in drafting a 1st round WR or 2nd round WR? It's not like we've really invested a lot in the group as a whole:

AJ - Top 5 pick
Sanu - 3rd rounder
Jones - 5th rounder
Hawkins - undrafted
Tate - free agent
Whalen - 6th rounder

Let's face it - this group could use some infusion of talent.
Again your premise is incorrect. Yes we need talent - our WR grou 4-6 is weak. If we drafts WR in 2nd, say Woods, wouldn't he need to develop? I would take Sanu/jones in yr 2 over Woods yr one. Both to address your question - what's wrong with drafting... We have more pressing needs.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Old White Guy's Avatar
Old White Guy Old White Guy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Blue Ash
Posts: 1,168
Rep Points: 1696
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm226 View Post
If we trade our 1st and both 2nds and move up to the top 10 we can prolly get DeAndre Hopkins. Then a couble of RB's and maybe a S in the 3rd on down. If this team does FA the way they should this draft can be about just a few skill positions.
Wow just wow??
That is alot of picks.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-28-2013, 11:56 AM
shaolinghost shaolinghost is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,572
Rep Points: 4645
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymad View Post
call me old school, but i was never one for stats, you can argue stats back and forth all day long til your blue in the face, i prefer the eyeball test, and from what i saw when sanu was healthy he was open and actually caught the ball(sorry mr gresham) and we drove up and down the field. sure jones didnt look great but he never looked bad either. after a whole offseason of working together this wr corp is gonna be a whole nother animal next year
Good stats and good play generally go hand in hand. Most people here don't have time to watch game tape on every single NFL player/draft prospect.

Stats are at least a decent measurement of ones ability, relatively speaking.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:03 PM
crazymad crazymad is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 471
Rep Points: 151
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
Good stats and good play generally go hand in hand. Most people here don't have time to watch game tape on every single NFL player/draft prospect.

Stats are at least a decent measurement of ones ability, relatively speaking.
maybe but the stats on our 2 young recievers are from a very small sample size, thats not any kind of indication of whats to come. all im saying is we have bigger holes than reciever on this team and drafting a high round receiver is giving up on the promise ive seen out of these 2
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Primetime100 Primetime100 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 56
Rep Points: 78
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Fan For Life! View Post
So draft a non-lock WR and hope they develop? (By non-lock I mean the Bengals aren't going to be able to draft a AJ, Julio, or Dez.). Yes we wait to see if Sanu or jones develop. You suggest drafting someone as if it is something other than waiting to see if someone develops. Draft is a crap shoot. There is no top flight lock WR in the draft. Therefore any WR drafted we will have to wait and see if they develop.

Goodwin out of Tx or D. Robinson out of MI in 5th are the only and soonest WR we should draft. Address other needs first.
Ok so let me get this straight. The only recievers we should draft is a converted QB that really hasn't proven he can catch and a track star that runs "Go" routes. Thats makes no scense when you have plenty of other options. Just curious besides those two who else should we draft."Your other needs players" Its been a stressful day and I need a good laugh.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:38 PM
shaolinghost shaolinghost is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,572
Rep Points: 4645
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymad View Post
maybe but the stats on our 2 young recievers are from a very small sample size, thats not any kind of indication of whats to come. all im saying is we have bigger holes than reciever on this team and drafting a high round receiver is giving up on the promise ive seen out of these 2
I agree with you on the small sample size. Sanu looks to be a great redzone threat, and I'd like for him to see a lot of snaps, especially in the slot where he did the most damage. However, I believe he'd also be an asset on the outside, much like Houshmandzedeh was.

It's my belief that unless there is a WR that's fallen a good deal and would be considered a steal, I think we'd be much better getting a WR in FA to at least temporarily shore up the #2 spot. That way there's no time needed for him to develop, and he'd be insurance in case Sanu and/or Jones don't develop into a solid receiver.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:41 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,358
Rep Points: 19899
bengals Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm226 View Post
If we trade our 1st and both 2nds and move up to the top 10 we can prolly get DeAndre Hopkins. Then a couble of RB's and maybe a S in the 3rd on down. If this team does FA the way they should this draft can be about just a few skill positions.
This could be one of the worst ideas I have ever read.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Cow Bell Fever Cow Bell Fever is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 389
Rep Points: 313
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Fan For Life! View Post
So draft a non-lock WR and hope they develop? (By non-lock I mean the Bengals aren't going to be able to draft a AJ, Julio, or Dez.). Yes we wait to see if Sanu or jones develop. You suggest drafting someone as if it is something other than waiting to see if someone develops. Draft is a crap shoot. There is no top flight lock WR in the draft. Therefore any WR drafted we will have to wait and see if they develop.

Goodwin out of Tx or D. Robinson out of MI in 5th are the only and soonest WR we should draft. Address other needs first.
No, i'm not saying draft a WR and hope. I am not wanting to draft a WR, I want to see what Jones and Sanu develop into. I'm saying that we take the Atlanta Falcons approach and lets see what Sanu and Jones turn out before drafting another WR..........
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,358
Rep Points: 19899
bengals Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow Bell Fever View Post
No, i'm not saying draft a WR and hope. I am not wanting to draft a WR, I want to see what Jones and Sanu develop into. I'm saying that we take the Atlanta Falcons approach and lets see what Sanu and Jones turn out before drafting another WR..........
I am with you. Even if they did draft a WR many of the same would be on here next season lobbying for another one while the one we drafted this season is developing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:52 PM
crazymad crazymad is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 471
Rep Points: 151
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
I agree with you on the small sample size. Sanu looks to be a great redzone threat, and I'd like for him to see a lot of snaps, especially in the slot where he did the most damage. However, I believe he'd also be an asset on the outside, much like Houshmandzedeh was.

It's my belief that unless there is a WR that's fallen a good deal and would be considered a steal, I think we'd be much better getting a WR in FA to at least temporarily shore up the #2 spot. That way there's no time needed for him to develop, and he'd be insurance in case Sanu and/or Jones don't develop into a solid receiver.
i think most of the top recievers are projected right around where we draft anyways, so i dont see anyone falling to us. as for sanu i like him playing opposite green in two reciever sets, in 3 receiver sets he should be in the slot with jones outside for his speed, im glad someone agrees with me at least a little lol
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-28-2013, 11:27 PM
arsonist7 arsonist7 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: white oak
Posts: 188
Rep Points: 76
Default Re: Here Is Why Bengals Need A WR With A Top Pick

i think people are hoping that the bengals will draft another aj green, wr is one position that takes longer to develop in the nfl, only a small number come out and do what green and jones did as rookies, we got two potentially good wr's this past draft, bring in a solid vet to coach em up and focus the draft on defense, rb, oline
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.