Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-27-2013, 05:19 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178
Default Very quick mock

Assuming we sign all our major FAs and sign Jarious Byrd.

1. Wr Patterson
2a. Alec ogletree
2b. Giovanni Bernard
3. Jamie Collins LB
4. Lattimore
5a. Sanders comings
5b comp Michael Williams.
6. Tyran Mathiue
6b. OG OC OT for depth.

I believe we have a very good foundation on both lines and we need to add impact players to both sides of the ball.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:31 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 214
Default Re: Very quick mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunz View Post

1. Wr Patterson
2a. Alec ogletree
2b. Giovanni Bernard
3. Jamie Collins LB
4. Lattimore
5a. Sanders comings
6. Tyran Mathiue
6b. OG OC OT for depth.

I believe we have a very good foundation on both lines and we need to add impact players to both sides of the ball.
I'm really starting to like Patterson, but why Bernard AND Lattimore...and just 2 rds apart?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:37 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasf316 View Post
I'm really starting to like Patterson, but why Bernard AND Lattimore...and just 2 rds apart?
Bjge has 2 more years left and I think giving lattimore the time to really get %100, however long that would take would be worth it. Having Bernard for immediate impact next year, then after Bjge contract is up we can either keep them as a 1-2 punch or let either one of them go if they do not perform and go a different direction. Just the idea of having them as a 1-2 punch would be awesome.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6683

Quote:

1. Wr Patterson
2a. Alec ogletree
2b. Giovanni Bernard
3. Jamie Collins LB
4. Lattimore
5a. Sanders comings
6. Tyran Mathiue
6b. OG OC OT for depth.

I like the Patterson pick, but I think Ogletree in the 2nd would be a dream. I don't see him making it that far.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2594

Quote:
Bjge has 2 more years left and I think giving lattimore the time to really get %100, however long that would take would be worth it. Having Bernard for immediate impact next year, then after Bjge contract is up we can either keep them as a 1-2 punch or let either one of them go if they do not perform and go a different direction. Just the idea of having them as a 1-2 punch would be awesome.
I'd be fine with both guys in the draft. Like you said Lattimore could use some time to come along slowly. The value for Lattimore in the 4th round could make him the pick. Somewhat like the Redskins taking RGIII and then Kirk Cousins. Having a decent back up helped them win a game on the road against Cleveland and in turn make the playoffs. Taking BPA after the first round or two is always a good idea.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:11 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:

1. Wr Patterson
2a. Alec ogletree
2b. Giovanni Bernard
3. Jamie Collins LB
4. Lattimore
5a. Sanders comings
6. Tyran Mathiue
6b. OG OC OT for depth.

Ogletree won't be there and neither will Gio or Lattimore.No thanks on honey badger we won't draft him people need to get over this already.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Ogletree won't be there and neither will Gio or Lattimore.No thanks on honey badger we won't draft him people need to get over this already.
We don't have to get honey badger but it isn't that preposterous to think we could take a flier on him late in the draft if he is available. The kid has 1st round talent and Mike Brown is known as the redeemer. Not saying we will absolutely take him because I could see us adding Trufant, Poyer, or another early CB, but I see nothing wrong with people that put it as a possibility. It's all a crap shoot anyways and no matter what we think might happen now it all changes quickly with the draft.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

Quote:
I like how you know we won't draft him.I'm wondering are you Marvin Lewis or Mike Brown?We take alot of people with troubled pasts and late in the draft wouldn't be a big risk.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519

1. I won't ever argue giving Dalton more weapons; solid pick.
2a. Would be a steal at this point.
2b. Another steal; would love it.
3. 2 LBs isn't a bad idea at this point; all depends on FA.
4. More than worth the gamble even with Bernard. Could easily end up regaining his top 10 form.
5a. Huge CB; if he doesn't cut it there then a move to S could be in the cards.
5b Favorite TE and could end up being a stellar #3.
6. Another gamble worth taking.

Great Mock.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:21 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
We don't have to get honey badger but it isn't that preposterous to think we could take a flier on him late in the draft if he is available. The kid has 1st round talent and Mike Brown is known as the redeemer. Not saying we will absolutely take him because I could see us adding Trufant, Poyer, or another early CB, but I see nothing wrong with people that put it as a possibility. It's all a crap shoot anyways and no matter what we think might happen now it all changes quickly with the draft.
It won't happen, we're done with knuckleheads. If they draft a CB after round 3 I think it'll be McFadden if he's there or possibly Bushell. I'm hoping they draft Robert Alford CB/KR earlier in the draft.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
It won't happen, we're done with knuckleheads. If they draft a CB after round 3 I think it'll be McFadden if he's there or possibly Bushell. I'm hoping they draft Robert Alford CB/KR earlier in the draft.
I don't think so. Burfict had the same label last season and even though we didn't draft him we still brought him in. It worked out great which is more fuel to Mike Brown's redeeming fire. We still have Pacman on the team and have also stuck by Brandon Joiner who was just released from prison and will be given a chance to compete this year. Talent has and probably always will determine how many chances a player gets. Honey badger does have plenty of talent and we could take a chance on him. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes even high than the 6th round though to another team before it is all said and done.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 152

If Im going receiver in the first 2 rounds then I go Alec Ogletree in 1 then Justin Hunter with the first pick of ours in round 2 and then Tony Jefferson the safety from Oklahoma with 2b and in the 3rd take Joseph Randle.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:18 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 499

I think Ogletree is our clear cut 1st pick
One of th top 3 safeties in the 2nd
2b. There will be a top WR there Patton, Allen, Hunter, Hopkins, Williams, Dobson, Patterson, or Rodgers
Now it's looking like Patterson, Allen, and Hopkins will be gone
But it's also looking like Dobson, Patton, Rodgers, and Hunter will be there
Old 01-27-2013, 10:43 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBuckeye View Post
I like how you know we won't draft him.I'm wondering are you Marvin Lewis or Mike Brown?We take alot of people with troubled pasts and late in the draft wouldn't be a big risk.
it's always a risk taking troublemakers. Honey badger had some real issues it wasn't laziness and etc like Burfict, their is a HUGE difference.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:26 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Burfict was a textbook definition of a knucklehead. The only difference is that the team didn't use a 1st or 2nd rounder on him.

Mathieu would be well worth a 4th or 5th round pick based on his special teams value alone.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:28 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Quote:
it's always a risk taking troublemakers. Honey badger had some real issues it wasn't laziness and etc like Burfict, their is a HUGE difference.
Burfict had marijuana issues. It wasn't just laziness.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Burfict was a textbook definition of a knucklehead. The only difference is that the team didn't use a 1st or 2nd rounder on him.

Mathieu would be well worth a 4th or 5th round pick based on his special teams value alone.
It's not worth it when their is other guys there who can return plus play and he won't be able to do that.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:22 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
It's not worth it when their is other guys there who can return plus play and he won't be able to do that.
Devin Hester is well worth the roster spot for the Bears and he is nothing more than a return guy.

We have Brandon Tate right now who offers nothing in the passing game.

I will give Mathieu credit - he is one of the best punt return guys I have ever seen in college. Kickoff return guys really don't matter that much with the new ball placement, but a stud PR is worth a roster spot.

I don't see any other guys in this draft that come close to his ability in the return game. He's worth a late round pick, easily.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:38 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Devin Hester is well worth the roster spot for the Bears and he is nothing more than a return guy.

I will give Mathieu credit - he is one of the best punt return guys I have ever seen in college. Kickoff return guys really don't matter that much with the new ball placement, but a stud PR is worth a roster spot.

I don't see any other guys in this draft that come close to his ability in the return game. He's worth a late round pick, easily.
You obviously have not watched Goodwin or Alford or Tavon Austin, McDuffie, or even Skye Dawson
Old 01-28-2013, 04:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:

Dennis Johnson might give him a run for his money. Should be able to get him in the 5th or 6th round too. Bonus...he's not a bad RB prospect either.