Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:32 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4224
Default Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Hopefully we are lucky enough to have Lacy fall to us at 21 and the combine doesn't jack his stock up too much.

I don't think taking the best HB in the draft is a reach at 21.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:53 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
Well if it helps he has the doctor that AP used. AP also had some questions concerning his durability. I know Lattimore would be a risk, however if healthy then he would be the type of back that just takes over games. Like he did when he played in college. A runner like that will help Green out more than a number 2 WR will. Though a number 2 WR AND a RB that can take over on game day would make us terrifying.
Since Peterson cam back so fast that is who Latt is going to get compared to all the way till the start of the season. Peterson came back to the same team same offense as well.
Coming out Peterson had a high ankle sprain and a broken collarbone. Not two major knee injuries. Peterson could have went pro out of high school.

You also know Latt is pushing hard to improve his draft status. I don't have a problem with him in the 4th but not in the 2nd depending on him to play this year.

Right now we have two RB's under contract. Going to need the one from the draft to be there from the start IMO.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Even though he just got fired at least one GM feels the same way I do about Lacy. I know he is not the only one.

Alabama's Eddie Lacy "should be an every-down" RB in the NFL, according to ex-Chiefs GM Scott Pioli.
Pioli ranks Lacy as the sixth best underclassman in the 2013 draft. He added that Lacy has "good receiving skills, and a willing blocker" while playing behind an offensive line that is better than some at the NFL level. If a running back does go int he first-round, teams like the Bengals and Falcons appear to be likely suitors.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131126/eddie-lacy

Unless Gio and Ball or someone else jumps Lacy I see no way he gets out of the first round.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 11

i like lacey,i alsolie the kid fron north carolina giovanni bernard?????i say we take a safety with our number one pick a running back with the second round pick we have from oakland,and then alinebacker with our second pick
Old 01-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 11
bengals Re: Eddie Lacey anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
Hopefully we are lucky enough to have Lacy fall to us at 21 and the combine doesn't jack his stock up too much.

I don't think taking the best HB in the draft is a reach at 21.
what about bernard from carolina.and i really do like lacey
Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat10 View Post
what about bernard from carolina.and i really do like lacey
I like him. But not as much as Lacy. I could see him going in the first as well. HBs may not be such a hot item in free agency anymore. But teams still like the young stud HBs loaded with potential in the draft.

Indianapolis, Green Bay, Denver, Atlanta, Jacksonville, and Detroit all pick after 21 and before 37. I think all six of them will look at HBs early.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 200

Is Lacey any better than Micheal Bush?