Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

View Poll Results: Who do you choose for our 5th round pick?
A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State 0 0%
Ray Graham, RB Pitt 0 0%
David Bass, DE, Missouri Western State 0 0%
Ace Sanders, WR, South Carolina 12 16.44%
B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary 5 6.85%
Michael Williams, TE, Alabama 17 23.29%
Sanders Commings, CB, Georgia 2 2.74%
Rick Wagner, OT, Wisconsin 9 12.33%
Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU 13 17.81%
Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State 3 4.11%
Brandon McGee, CB, Miami 2 2.74%
Garrett Gilkey, OG, Chadron State 2 2.74%
Duke Williams, SS, Nevada 2 2.74%
Brad Wing, P, LSU 1 1.37%
Other, say who 5 6.85%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,462
Rep Points: 5082
Default Pick: 5th round; You choose

In the closest vote yet Gerald Hodges edged out Kenjon Barner by 1 vote to become our 4th round pick. Next up for your consideration is our 5th round pick. Picks based on projected rankings from Scouts inc/cbs sports. Slim pickings overall as is normal for the 5th round, however there are a few names that jump out at you. CB depth is on display here. At this point I am sure everyone has a favorite that is not going to be listed. Just use other and state who in your post.

Our draft so far:
1. Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia
2. Eddie lacy, RB Alabama
2b. Travis Frederick, C Wisconsin
3. Baccari Rambo, FS/SS, Georgia
4. Gerald Hodges, OLB Penn State
5. ______________

The choices:
Ray Graham, RB Pitt
David Bass, DE, Missouri Western State
Ace Sanders, WR, South Carolina
B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary
Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
Sanders Commings, CB, Georgia
Rick Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State
Brandon McGee, CB, Miami
Garrett Gilkey, OG, Chadron State
Duke Williams, SS, Nevada
Brad Wing, P, LSU
A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 AM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,228
Rep Points: 19004
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
In the closest vote yet Gerald Hodges edged out Kenjon Barner by 1 vote to become our 4th round pick. Next up for your consideration is our 5th round pick. Picks based on projected rankings from Scouts inc/cbs sports. Slim pickings overall as is normal for the 5th round, however there are a few names that jump out at you. CB depth is on display here. At this point I am sure everyone has a favorite that is not going to be listed. Just use other and state who in your post.

Our draft so far:
1. Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia
2. Eddie lacy, RB Alabama
2b. Travis Frederick, C Wisconsin
3. Baccari Rambo, FS/SS, Georgia
4. Gerald Hodges, OLB Penn State
5. ______________

The choices:
Ray Graham, RB Pitt
David Bass, DE, Missouri Western State
Ace Sanders, WR, South Carolina
B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary
Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
Sanders Commings, CB, Georgia
Rick Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State
Brandon McGee, CB, Miami
Garrett Gilkey, OG, Chadron State
Duke Williams, SS, Nevada
Brad Wing, P, LSU
A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State
Michael Williams seems like a steal here. I guess he gets my vote, though I like Klein, BW Webb and Reid Fragel too.

I'm not on the Mattieu band wagon as anything but a returner because I think he's too small to play defense and for every big "play" he makes, he misses two simple plays chasing the big play. Plus, I have a problem with repeat knuckleheadedness.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 AM
ilovethedraft ilovethedraft is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Rep Points: 106
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

I like Michael Williams and BW Webb but i'm going to have to go Webb. I think he can come in and immediately play the slot for us and, let's be honest, a lot of our CB's are getting long in the tooth if they get resigned at all.

If Kirkpatrick, Allen and Ghee are healthy I don't really see a need for a CB is this draft. But that is a lot of "if's".
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Night's Watch's Avatar
Night's Watch Night's Watch is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,385
Rep Points: 2615
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

I voted for him in the 4th, so definitely taking Ricky Wagner OT from Wisconsin here, Collins is the only depth behind Whitworth and Smith (thats even if we re-sign Smith), so extra depth at the OT position is good here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,462
Rep Points: 5082
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night's Watch View Post
I voted for him in the 4th, so definitely taking Ricky Wagner OT from Wisconsin here, Collins is the only depth behind Whitworth and Smith (thats even if we re-sign Smith), so extra depth at the OT position is good here.
CBS downgraded him to the 5th after the Senior Bowl, so I included him again.
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Carolinabengalfanguy's Avatar
Carolinabengalfanguy Carolinabengalfanguy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,257
Rep Points: 3021
bengals Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

I don't get why people are voting for a TE myself and there shoulda been a runoff for the fourth round pick that's too close to call.

I wouldn't mind Mathieu he offers a lot in the return game and should make a good nickel/depth DB.

Side note did we ever see Tavarres King as an option?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 PM
mulligan mulligan is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 12,577
Rep Points: 7451
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
I don't get why people are voting for a TE myself and there shoulda been a runoff for the fourth round pick that's too close to call.

I wouldn't mind Mathieu he offers a lot in the return game and should make a good nickel/depth DB.

Side note did we ever see Tavarres King as an option?
Active Game Day roster: 3 Tackles (Whit/Smith/Collins) & 3 TEs (Gresham/Charles/Williams).

Say goodbye to Dennis Roland on the "heavy" sets and hellp to Williams. Williams is a good blocker and can also catch the ball.

In this mock, the Bengals have already added an olinemen (Center) in the 2nd, and I suspect another olinemen can be drafted that in the 6th that is still an upgrade to Dennis Roland.

Regardless, I don't see the 4th Tackle being active for any of the regular/post season games in 2013.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,462
Rep Points: 5082
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
I don't get why people are voting for a TE myself and there shoulda been a runoff for the fourth round pick that's too close to call.

I wouldn't mind Mathieu he offers a lot in the return game and should make a good nickel/depth DB.

Side note did we ever see Tavarres King as an option?
Williams could provide all the blocking ability of Roland and still be able to provide a threat to catch the ball. We would be much less predictable.

I was going to have Tavarres King in this poll but the last CBS rankings had moved him up to the 3rd round.
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-28-2013, 01:24 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 21,398
Rep Points: 38759
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Gotta go Mathieu. Dynamic kick returner and at a minimum dime package DB. Folks that say he is a poor defender are just making things up.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:02 PM
bengals85 bengals85 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,237
Rep Points: 1909
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

The Bengals will probably draft Brad Wing and try to turn him into a kicker. Can't remember his name that they did this to but I think it was Travis Dorsch. He was the nations #1 rated punter and the Bengals completely ruined him.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-28-2013, 03:30 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
In the closest vote yet Gerald Hodges edged out Kenjon Barner by 1 vote to become our 4th round pick. Next up for your consideration is our 5th round pick. Picks based on projected rankings from Scouts inc/cbs sports. Slim pickings overall as is normal for the 5th round, however there are a few names that jump out at you. CB depth is on display here. At this point I am sure everyone has a favorite that is not going to be listed. Just use other and state who in your post.

Our draft so far:
1. Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia
2. Eddie lacy, RB Alabama
2b. Travis Frederick, C Wisconsin
3. Baccari Rambo, FS/SS, Georgia
4. Gerald Hodges, OLB Penn State
5. ______________

The choices:
Ray Graham, RB Pitt
David Bass, DE, Missouri Western State
Ace Sanders, WR, South Carolina
B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary
Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
Sanders Commings, CB, Georgia
Rick Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State
Brandon McGee, CB, Miami
Garrett Gilkey, OG, Chadron State
Duke Williams, SS, Nevada
Brad Wing, P, LSU
A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State


I voted other.....Chris Harper, but if I had to choose one I'd go with Bass
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,462
Rep Points: 5082
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
I voted other.....Chris Harper, but if I had to choose one I'd go with Bass
Chris Harper was up for votes already in the 4th round pick.
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

well he's a 4/5 grade so I guess I'd say Bass then, dude had 40.5 sacks in 4 years and been compared to aldon smith. He's going to be a real gem.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:19 PM
ibengals's Avatar
ibengals ibengals is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,308
Rep Points: 5169
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
well he's a 4/5 grade so I guess I'd say Bass then, dude had 40.5 sacks in 4 years and been compared to aldon smith. He's going to be a real gem.
Yup, Bass is a real sleeper. Had to go Michael Williams though, I think he's a beast.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:32 PM
wolfkaosaun's Avatar
wolfkaosaun wolfkaosaun is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 6,672
Rep Points: 10359
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

I went with Duke Williams. I know we already got a safety, but here's my reasoning.

Nelson and Rambo are starters. Crocker is old, and though I love what he did for this team last year and greatly appreciate it, it's time to move on. Robert Sands should be cut immediately. Taylor Mays project just isn't working. It's like we're trying to find out Jerome Simpson on defense. Someone who has potential, but so much of a project.

So that leaves Rambo, Nelson, Miles, and Iloka. So add some depth and special team talent. And Duke Williams is a very talented player.

Also, I am a Nevada fan. So I watch a lot of Nevada games.
__________________

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-28-2013, 05:08 PM
brooksob53 brooksob53 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 294
Rep Points: 200
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Mathieu will be loooooong gone by the 5th round. He's probably gonna go 50-80 range.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Shady is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 10,005
Rep Points: 22351
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

I went with Williams. At least one of our TEs should be able to block.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Natikid873's Avatar
Natikid873 Natikid873 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queen City
Posts: 1,112
Rep Points: 1128
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksob53 View Post
Mathieu will be loooooong gone by the 5th round. He's probably gonna go 50-80 range.
...(Face palm)
__________________

CINwillWIN is the man
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,361
Rep Points: 44327
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksob53 View Post
Mathieu will be loooooong gone by the 5th round. He's probably gonna go 50-80 range.

__________________


Here come's the....BOOM!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 PM
TGISunday's Avatar
TGISunday TGISunday is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,391
Rep Points: 3168
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Wagner if available.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Carolinabengalfanguy's Avatar
Carolinabengalfanguy Carolinabengalfanguy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,257
Rep Points: 3021
bengals Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Active Game Day roster: 3 Tackles (Whit/Smith/Collins) & 3 TEs (Gresham/Charles/Williams).

Say goodbye to Dennis Roland on the "heavy" sets and hellp to Williams. Williams is a good blocker and can also catch the ball.

In this mock, the Bengals have already added an olinemen (Center) in the 2nd, and I suspect another olinemen can be drafted that in the 6th that is still an upgrade to Dennis Roland.

Regardless, I don't see the 4th Tackle being active for any of the regular/post season games in 2013.
I stand informed. I'm surprised nobody is speaking up for Ace Sanders. That kid grew into a star this year for the Gamecocks. I don't think he offers a ton at WR, but he's that guy that could be a dynamic return guy, takes up one of the final position spots and sees a little work there (like maybe a Josh Cribbs).

Despite my hate for Roland (as a Dawg fan) I still feel we could get more out of Sanders or Matheiu than having a 3rd TE. Plus Orson Charles isn't that bad of a blocker and catcher himself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-28-2013, 06:49 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 21,398
Rep Points: 38759
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksob53 View Post
Mathieu will be loooooong gone by the 5th round. He's probably gonna go 50-80 range.
Who knows. If dude comes into the combine and interviews well and performs well I wouldn't be surprised to see him go as high as late 2nd. Conversely, he interviews and performs poorly I can see him undrafted. Seems two of the more referenced draft sites are equally torn>

Walter has him going in the 3rd round to the Ravens

Drafttek has him going undrafted.

I'm of the opinion that if he doesn't totally bomb the combine; I'd easily give up a 5th. I remeber last year I was one of the very few on here that was a Alfonso Dennard fan after their Bowl Game and the Senior Bowl. That dude did good this year.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 PM
TGISunday's Avatar
TGISunday TGISunday is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,391
Rep Points: 3168
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Who knows. If dude comes into the combine and interviews well and performs well I wouldn't be surprised to see him go as high as late 2nd. Conversely, he interviews and performs poorly I can see him undrafted. Seems two of the more referenced draft sites are equally torn>

Walter has him going in the 3rd round to the Ravens

Drafttek has him going undrafted.

I'm of the opinion that if he doesn't totally bomb the combine; I'd easily give up a 5th. I remeber last year I was one of the very few on here that was a Alfonso Dennard fan after their Bowl Game and the Senior Bowl. That dude did good this year.
Yeah. Kids do dumb ****. Dennard had concerns about his style on top of the arrests, but both of those seemed like issues he moved on from.

With Mathieu, you wonder if the problem is a chronic one.
Pardon the pun.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 PM
NATI BENGALS's Avatar
NATI BENGALS NATI BENGALS is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,683
Rep Points: 4224
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

I went other. If Dennard Robinson is there we should take him. He is slated in the 5-6th round on CBS.

The all time leader in total offense and the most total TDs in the history of a program as historically great as Michigan's screams to me that he is worth a flyer.

At the bare minimum he has a career equivalent to B. Scotts at HB.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Bengals Fan For Life! Bengals Fan For Life! is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 207
Rep Points: 182
Default Re: Pick: 5th round; You choose

Michael Williams will be gone. He was projected 5/6 before sr bowl. He will be gone by 5th. D. Robinson is my pick. Too dynamic to pass up in 5th. Someone else other than AJ that can create on his own.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.